View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    08-26-15 07:18 AM
    Nothing major but interesting to learn of some of the things thet BB does in Indonesia. News to me, for sure.
    BlackBerry claims compliance with content ruling | The Jakarta Post

Among the local contributions to BlackBerry products include the production of smartphone batteries in a Batam factory and the production of headset earbuds in Cibubur, West Java.

Zipperstein added that BlackBerry also ran a Global Application Vetting Center in Denpasar, Bali, where over 100,000 applications found on the BlackBerry World App Store had been tested, developed and processed since 2011, with 5,000 of the apps for the BlackBerry 10 developed by Indonesians. Around 1,500 Indonesian developers have contributed to the global app vetting process.
    morganplus8, rarsen, 3MIKE and 7 others like this.
    08-26-15 07:44 AM
    Hi all:

What a crazy week. BBRY price, as usual, does not make any sense, especially compared to MOBL. Of everything that Blackberry has, is doing, and is projected to accomplish; it is priced, pretty much, with its cash balance and without other valuations. The last time that we approach this kind of sp was right before JC took over in December of 2013. All of the indicators on the chart show very high similarities, except for the volume indicator. The volume that we have had so far is about half that we had, when the sp tanked in December 2013. I am not convinced that this is a sell off. We all know that the institutions that downgraded BBRY have increased their holdings. And now, the news says that the price target is in the range of $6 - $14. What a circus. Anyway, if history were to repeat itself, we should see a big bounce soon (crossing my fingers; it's a wacky stock).

I like that Blackberry has managed to secure Android. Perhaps, this is a great way to sell handsets to consumers again. They are used to using Google apps, and Android. It will be a surprise to them that Blackberry makes an attractive, and quality packed handset that runs Android. This will help Blackberry to be known again in the consumer world.

There is not much chart analysis that I could offer other than addressing the above for now. The next ER is around September 27, 2015. Shorts are still in the 100 million volume. What are they waiting for, Morgan?

Let's keep strong through the storm.

Weekly chart:

Attachment 368411
    Hi JLagoon!

I hear you, theren't isn't much to chart these days, the stock spiked on the share buy-back news and then programmed selling hit it long before John Chen stumbled on that last Q report. Just looking at the last few months:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-aug-26-2015.png

Something of a well defined sell program that seemed to be placing a base at the $ 7.50/shr level prior to the DOW erasing 9% of its value in the past 3 days. You are right, in a perfect world, if BBRY can trade for cash, $ 3.3B / 520 MM shares ( $ 6.34/shr/US) then MOBL, by any stretch of the imagination should be around a buck and change. All of this has been accomplished without a huge exodus of fund money and we assume that the newest Fund on the block, BlackBerry, (buying back 12 MM shares), would support the price of the stock. And so the force that is holding this play down isn't about normal trading and investment ideas.

Yesterdays action was extremely curious, we had a weak pop followed by a controlled dump of the stock all day. Even the historic swing to the downside on the DOW didn't change the controlled nature of the sell off, it marched to a different drum. I can only suggest that Hedge Funds are taking it down, will load up and control the raise, and, take us on yet another rally that will see the stock price go higher than jaded investors could imagine.

I will say that BlackBerry has $ 3.3 B in cash, not $ 2.1 B and a bond offering. They, like every other company in the world work with cash and debt and the cash is there to be spent not held back for bonds. Their only obligation is to maintain the interest payments on those bonds so that's enough cash to be very disruptive in the EMM sector. Now if only John Chen would start focusing on the price of the stock which today is $ 2.00/shr plus below his option strike price, then we might feel better about things. I will say one more thing, John allocated $ 120 MM for the share buy-back as the value of the stock when it was announced would have been around $ 10.00/shr/12MM shares. So why not buy $ 120 MM worth of shares? The market would react to that!
    Corbu, theRock1975, 3MIKE and 16 others like this.
    08-26-15 07:46 AM
    Thanks Morgan!

So why not buy $ 120 MM worth of shares? The market would react to that!
    I love this idea!
    08-26-15 07:57 AM
    Nothing major but interesting to learn of some of the things thet BB does in Indonesia. News to me, for sure.
    BlackBerry claims compliance with content ruling | The Jakarta Post
    What I found interesting was the following quote from the article:

BlackBerry recently acquired three multiplatform software security firms and was in the process of purchasing a fourth, which Zipperstein said, would greatly improve BlackBerry�s reputation as a bastion of security that could assist the government in building its cyber defenses.
    Another acquisition? Who are the 3 recently acquired security firms? SecuSmart, WatchDox, and who's the third? A fourth is on the way?
    La Emperor likes this.
    08-26-15 08:11 AM
    Typical, the markets back up almost 200 pts annnd bbry is down 2.5%.... I'm very tempted at this point to cut losses and be done with it. How can management sit there and be so silent and do nothing to stem the bleeding? I've never seen such apathy from a management team toward a companies stock price.

*sigh* end rant. Just getting frustrated by their lack of communication.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    I hear ya, man!
    But when I think back in various interviews where Chen was asked about future strategies, he frequently mentioned shareholders. So, I believe that he does care about the stock price.
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    08-26-15 08:23 AM
    Another acquisition? Who are the 3 recently acquired security firms? SecuSmart, WatchDox, and who's the third? A fourth is on the way?
    Acquisitions since 2014:
    Secusmart, Movirtu, WatchDox and AtHoc
    08-26-15 08:24 AM
    I hear ya, man!
    But when I think back in various interviews where Chen was asked about future strategies, he frequently mentioned shareholders. So, I believe that he does care about the stock price.
    Means that he cares about the company and the people that work there. Take care of the company and the share price will take care of itself. This is what most CEOs do not understand. Seriously....lookvat the new campus that Apple is building and explain how that is aligned with shareholder interest. Companies usually go downhill when they start erecting shrines to themselves. Apples new building features nothing but $$$curved windows $$$

As soon as people end their love affair with Apple, they will not know what to do with their legacy costs.

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy and La Emperor like this.
    08-26-15 08:40 AM
    Means that he cares about the company and the people that work there. Take care of the company and the share price will take care of itself. This is what most CEOs do not understand. Seriously....lookvat the new campus that Apple is building and explain how that is aligned with shareholder interest. Companies usually go downhill when they start erecting shrines to themselves. Apples new building features nothing but $$$curved windows $$$

As soon as people end their love affair with Apple, they will not know what to do with their legacy costs.

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree that you have to manage the company and the share price SHOULD follow for a normal company. But we all know BBRY isn't traded like a normal company lol. I honestly feel that taking care of business for BlackBerry Means being vocal, even if not advertising yet, in the media and letting press releases fly and having more visibility to what's coming up and the plan to get there. Shoot, us die hards that basically stalk blackberry don't even know what's coming.

08-26-15 09:15 AM
    I hear ya, man!
    I would just like to hear and see this in the present ya know? That's all. I have no doubt he cares as he has money tied up in it just like all of us do lol.

08-26-15 09:16 AM
    Seriously....lookvat the new campus that Apple is building and explain how that is aligned with shareholder interest.
    There are some things you do to retain the best talent in Silicon Valley. Ever heard of what goes on at the Google cafeteria?
    08-26-15 09:19 AM
    I would just like to hear and see this in the present ya know? That's all. I have no doubt he cares as he has money tied up in it just like all of us do lol.

Yeah, would be good to speak to us small guys once a while. Even just saying, hey I am still here and working hard. My students and postdocs work really hard in the lab (often deep into the night), I try my best to walk by and make them laugh at least once a day, just to show that I know that they exist and appreciate their work. Maybe Chen can use his new Twitter account for a similar purpose?
    08-26-15 09:23 AM
    There are some things you do to retain the best talent in Silicon Valley. Ever heard of what goes on at the Google cafeteria?
    They come up with new ideas for new products? They talk about how quickly their company is expanding into new markets?

What does this have to do with Apple, the one-trick pony?
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-26-15 09:24 AM
    Acquisitions since 2014:
    Secusmart, Movirtu, WatchDox and AtHoc
    AtHoc was what I was didn't remember. Is that the fourth, or is there another one coming? Does Movirtu constitute a security company? I didn't think of it as one.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 09:54 AM
    08-26-15 10:29 AM
    I haven't got a clue about TA weather forecasting, but do know that despite the best intentions, it has not been very accurate over the past two years. That's not a dig at anyone whatsoever; it's just a factual observation that can be proven true or false.

What I do know is that regardless of what hedge funds, hedgehogs, or hedgerows are doing, if BlackBerry start succeeding in the real world, the stock will go up.

The negative, as I see it, is that BlackBerry are very close to pushing their hardware division into cardiac arrest. This did not have to happen, and is in my view an absolute tragedy.

The POSITIVE, as I see it, is that BlackBerry are probably not in danger of bankruptcy in the short to medium term at least. Even without a hardware division (in the worst case scenario), they can survive as a software company, even if it is a software company at around $7-10/shr. It might not be the $100 party, but certainly enough for people to continue supporting BlackBerry and buying shares.

My best wishes go out to everyone who is in the red right now, and hope that things turn around soon. I won't personally be paying any attention to charts, but will certainly be listening hard for news from BlackBerry HQ regarding what the game plan is going to be over the next 6-12 months. Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    You do know that if you say,"you don't have a clue about something" that it means you aren't in a position to declare that it doesn't or hasn't worked for the past two years, right? For a solid year, we traded within a sideways channel, whenever there was a rumour of a take-over, it dropped right back into that channel. That's an example of TA working for the past year. This is one of many examples for BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-aug-26a-2015.png

Within that one year range, it sold off at RSI>70 and was a screaming buy at RSI<30 ............ every time ( that's a 100% score there)!

As for the $ 100 party, think of what Bioivail Corp shareholders (now Valeant Corp - VRX) thought about their $ 100 party when for years it traded under $ 10 a share, this years high is $ 262.00/shr and they didn't do it with a single blockbuster drug, they did the whole thing through acquisitions. What is BB doing today?

You seem to be very jaded by the company for some reason, it is just another investment for sure but many think there is enough of a differentiation to hit a homerun one day.
    bungaboy, take99, 3MIKE and 16 others like this.
    08-26-15 11:05 AM
    As I said before.
    When an Aunt acts like that she is an uncle but every one knows that she is missing underneath. BlackBerry shares prices very important to 100 million plus shorts and lots of longs who simply just don't say anything and don't come to this thread. But my speculations are that shorts them selves don't come here. They can simply pay some one minimum wage to keep poking fun at the regulars in this thread and discourage the regulars to come to this thread by getting em in to an argument and then get in to trouble. This is the only place where all the news about BlackBerry is centralized and people will challenge the factless BS by same usual suspects who start or end their BS with a fun note that they also support BlackBerry. But the minimum wage is the driving force which runs every country's daily lives and nothing wrong with it. Even though, in this instance it is working hard to bring down a great Canadian tech company which has contributed lots to Canadian economy and is still doing it. Not only Canada, blackberry is adding to many other countries in a positive way. Providing the only secure channel to conduct so serious business of governments etc. This company is still trying hard. John chen is the CEO and he is in the driving seat. People in the stock market have tried before against PW to bring him down, worst possible way and they been trying against BlackBerry too at the same times. There is bigger picture to it.
    Can not thank enough to Morgan8 who has predicted many times to the last cent what this stock will close at. I have taken advantage of his TA many many times. Now he doesn't have to prove anything to any shorts's proxy pawn what he does. Morgan8, corbu and many others here are soul of this thread.
    As I said before.
    IMO BlackBerry has great potential and that's why I am invested in this. I like what they are doing and I have put my money in it because I am convinced. Not telling any one else to invest either. This thread is I support blackberry and I buy shares. Don't like it? Too bad.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 11:09 AM
    OT: Just how many aliases are you allowed on CB?
    08-26-15 11:23 AM
    CrackBerry isn't that popular to actually have people pay other people to "troll" this exact forum. That's like tinfoil hat talk haha.

There's no questioning the fact that BBRY is tanking badly. We can sit here and talk about acquisitions, security, QNX, etc...but there's a common theme. None of that seems to matter to the stock valuation as it just dropped below 9$ CAD. Ain't that sad haha.

BlackBerry's silence definitely hasn't helped either. Positive outlooks start to look bleak during these times.

But having said that, am I still a BlackBerry supporter and shareholder? Yes.
    08-26-15 11:48 AM
    As I said before.
    When an Aunt acts like that she is an uncle but every one knows that she is missing underneath. BlackBerry shares prices very important to 100 million plus shorts and lots of longs who simply just don't say anything and don't come to this thread. But my speculations are that shorts them selves don't come here. They can simply pay some one minimum wage to keep poking fun at the regulars in this thread and discourage the regulars to come to this thread by getting em in to an argument and then get in to trouble. This is the only place where all the news about BlackBerry is centralized and people will challenge the factless BS by same usual suspects who start or end their BS with a fun note that they also support BlackBerry. But the minimum wage is the driving force which runs every country's daily lives and nothing wrong with it. Even though, in this instance it is working hard to bring down a great Canadian tech company which has contributed lots to Canadian economy and is still doing it. Not only Canada, blackberry is adding to many other countries in a positive way. Providing the only secure channel to conduct so serious business of governments etc. This company is still trying hard. John chen is the CEO and he is in the driving seat. People in the stock market have tried before against PW to bring him down, worst possible way and they been trying against BlackBerry too at the same times. There is bigger picture to it.
    Can not thank enough to Morgan8 who has predicted many times to the last cent what this stock will close at. I have taken advantage of his TA many many times. Now he doesn't have to prove anything to any shorts's proxy pawn what he does. Morgan8, corbu and many others here are soul of this thread.
    As I said before.
    IMO BlackBerry has great potential and that's why I am invested in this. I like what they are doing and I have put my money in it because I am convinced. Not telling any one else to invest either. This thread is I support blackberry and I buy shares. Don't like it? Too bad.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I like this ^^.
    rarsen, bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    08-26-15 12:08 PM
    Everyone needs to just relax a little.

The whole market is down, BlackBerry slightly more. We have been in a worse spot and rebounded, and we will do it again. They are quiet because they're working hard and they don't have anything to brag about. Chen laid out a strategy (that isn't very glamorous) and now he is executing it.

They're professionals at what they do, including market analysis, demographics, economics and market demand. Whether they venture into Android, stay the course with BB10 or go ahead with a dual-OS strategy, it will be a calculated decision in an attempt to increase revenues.

There is one thing I'm 100 sure of; they're not sitting around doing nothing, and there will eventually be some more big news. In the meantime, they're buying back shares for cheap and giving us the opportunity to do the same.

At this price, all we need BlackBerry to do is sell everything they have for $1billion, and the price goes up. Considering Kik just got valued at $1b, I'm pretty sure BBM could fetch that alone. Selling is irrational based on simple math itself. It doesn't hit any more of a bottom than that!

As a shareholder, I'm not worried. As a Crackberrian, maybe a little bit, but hey, we've all had a few tough breakups.
    08-26-15 12:31 PM
    With respect, I think it is really unlikely that any company pays anybody to come and post comments on Crackberry. I can't prove that, of course, but it seems extremely unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    The premise seems to be that discussion in this thread moves the share price. So therefore anyone who raises cautions here is a paid troll trying to keep that share price down. That is absurd.

As someone with no real emotional attachment to BB (I save that for my family, my friends, and my cars), what I see here is irrational escalation of commitment. Every once in a while (I've been following this thread for 3 years) you read things here that make me just cringe. Waiting around for miracles is quite expensive.

So I comment here and there. None of our comments affect BBRY's value. None of them. They've done all of that to themselves.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    08-26-15 12:49 PM
    So, about that AtHoc update.. Just thinking outside of the box. But if it is a 'crisis communication center', and it just got file sharing added to it (Watchdox?) ; how hard would it be for AtHoc (ultra-secure, even their Android and iOS app I suppose?) to eventually add voice-encryption, BBM and BES12 functionalities? The 'crisis communication center' could become a mainstream tool for secure communication?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 12:59 PM
    I completely agree that you have to manage the company and the share price SHOULD follow for a normal company. But we all know BBRY isn't traded like a normal company lol. I honestly feel that taking care of business for BlackBerry Means being vocal, even if not advertising yet, in the media and letting press releases fly and having more visibility to what's coming up and the plan to get there. Shoot, us die hards that basically stalk blackberry don't even know what's coming.

Sure seems to be trading like a normal business. Sales and Revenue going down... doesn't that usually cause the stock to go down too?
    08-26-15 01:41 PM
    Sure seems to be trading like a normal business. Sales and Revenue going down... doesn't that usually cause the stock to go down too?
    Not when it's been getting priced in for the last two years. Sales and revenue were expected to go down, and we lost PPS when that was stated by Chen.

Can you name another normal business that trades below its cash despite showing cash flow positive for three consecutive quarter, stopping the fall of sales and with a very, very large set of assets that are being valued at $0?
    bungaboy, 3MIKE and theRock1975 like this.
    08-26-15 01:49 PM
113,256 ... 35213522352335243525 ...