Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Do you even own shares?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I do, and obviously it's in the red haha. I also own a Q10 and recently bought an unlocked Passport.

I am BlackBerry supporter, just like you. The only difference is I don't wear rose coloured glasses.
    08-25-15 01:42 PM
    08-25-15 01:57 PM
    The plan seems sexy. But the reality is : they burned billions to launch (development was before) BB10 for a - shy - mass market recovery attempt. Android powered device launch for the mass market (with close to zero advantage for enterprise market) cost will be similar. Can they ?

I must admit the sum of rumors do raise questioning, even for me.
    Yet, there's one thing I'm close to certain : BB10 will live. I've put all my Elite contacts under heavy hassle and the "we keep committed to BlackBerry 10" statement remains unchanged. Remember: the simple announce of BB10 EOL will kill the regulated market in a few months. That's just impossible.

So, let's shake again...
    An android device for Joe's hands and a BB10 for Obama's ?
    Besides all the above, they're not staffed for that.

And the Google thing...
    Nah, anyhow I shake it, I don't buy it, unless there's a massive change - like a buyout or Google's OEMS Terms change - we didn't figure out. And I'm not sure we could have missed it with all the 'insiders' and various deep tongues we have all read lately.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe if you quite shaking so much.... you'll see that BlackBerry can only do what it can afford to do.

If regulated markets, governments do not buy enough of a product... that product goes away. Now maybe they do move in another direction and release some kinda Secusmart branded phone for $2000 each, would fit nicely with the Secusmart Tablet....

Oh and BB10 will not suddenly stop working.... Even if BlackBerry has already mothballed BB10, existing devices should work just fine for a few years. But let's face it...
    1) How many BB10 devices are even deployed right now in Government or Regulated Industries? 3 Million, 4 Million maybe 5 Million.
    2) How many of these already have iOS and Android deployments operating side-by-side? Going to Android might not even be an issue for many of their customers.

I just don't think the death of BB10 will be instantaneous, or much of a concern. At this point if these "customers" didn't already have a contingency for BlackBerry exiting the market... they weren't paying attention.
    08-25-15 02:22 PM
    Be nice boy's or else the penalty box is opening up! Haha
    08-25-15 02:28 PM
    I learned long ago that expressing anything other than a one-sided optimistic view of this stock is not tolerated in this thread. Not saying I have any issue with that but it just is what it is.

I'm curious to know whether the posters on here still agree with this thread's premise that BBRY is a good long-term investment. On November 4, 2011, around when this thread was created, this stock was trading at about $18.97/share. Over 3.5 years later and as of 1:37PM today, it's trading at about $6.78 a share. I've seen a few posters claim that they still made money on this stock by day-trading on its ups and downs (of which there are many) but I wonder how many of the long-term "stockberrians" are still in it for the long haul.

In particular, I'm curious to hear what developments posters think will boost the share price of the stock over the long-term past the levels that the stock was trading at this thread's inception (i.e., around $19/share).

I'd welcome hearing some good reasons to snatch it up at its current low price.
    Well, I am just a silly fool...for example, I think TA is a complete load of w@nk, and don't pay any attention to it. That being said, as stupid as I am, I made a lot of money on BB by buying it at $6 CDN the last time it was down here, and selling at just over $12 CDN. I bought a and sold a bunch more during another irrational swing, again, without paying the slightest bit of attention to technical analysis...

If you want to consider the advice of a silly fool who has made lots of money trading BB, I would suggest having a good, long look at what opportunities you feel are available to the company - what plays are open to them - and then a good long look at the company's strategy and whether they seem to have an eye on that open receiver downfield, or whether they are just going to run it up the middle again, and again, and again.

Right now I think purchasing BB or BBRY is a huge gamble. No one seems to have a clue what the company have planned for the next 18 mths, and despite all kinds of cheeky smiles from Chen on television, the last 18 mths have been a shambolic disaster for the stock.

As humans almost always swing too far in either direction before correcting towards the centre, I am considering buying if/when the stock (BBRY) hits $6 US , IF that price is joined by a set of moves by the company that seem to me to make sense in relation to what opportunities are available to them. If the stock hits $6 US, and we know no more than we do now, then I wouldn't touch it.

Again, I'm just a silly fool, but this simplistic approach has served me quite well in the last ten years of investing. Sure, I've missed an opportunity or several, but I've yet to lose money on a stock. That's the truth. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    08-25-15 02:34 PM
    Wholly.
    Mu ignore list working hard. Most of the page is on the ignore list. What a coordinated attack to pi$$ off regulars. After all, this is the biggest problem thread for CB? Or BlackBerry? Or shorts.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, Greened and 6 others like this.
    08-25-15 02:50 PM
    Wholly.
    Mu ignore list working hard. Most of the page is on the ignore list. What a coordinated attack to pi$$ off regulars. After all, this is the biggest problem thread for CB? Or BlackBerry? Or shorts.

Posted via CB10
    I hope they get paid by the word they write! Lol
    sidhuk likes this.
    08-25-15 03:10 PM
    That's true, every word is $50. And I'm buying more cheap BlackBerry shares with it so it's a win/win!
    08-25-15 03:14 PM
    Short:

8/14/2015 102,925,437
    7/31/2015 105,006,253
    08-25-15 03:14 PM
    I learned long ago that expressing anything other than a one-sided optimistic view of this stock is not tolerated in this thread. Not saying I have any issue with that but it just is what it is.

I'm curious to know whether the posters on here still agree with this thread's premise that BBRY is a good long-term investment. On November 4, 2011, around when this thread was created, this stock was trading at about $18.97/share. Over 3.5 years later and as of 1:37PM today, it's trading at about $6.78 a share. I've seen a few posters claim that they still made money on this stock by day-trading on its ups and downs (of which there are many) but I wonder how many of the long-term "stockberrians" are still in it for the long haul.

In particular, I'm curious to hear what developments posters think will boost the share price of the stock over the long-term past the levels that the stock was trading at this thread's inception (i.e., around $19/share).

I'd welcome hearing some good reasons to snatch it up at its current low price.
    I'm sure you know it's not that simple.
    Maths are correct but most of us, while 'long' have piled in for quite a long period. Also, external elements can influence our position net value. I for one bought bb.to when the �/$ rate was (that's an average, rounded) about 30% higher (�1= $1.3) than now.
    I understand that for a trader, 'long' means 18 months and nowhere a year multiple. But I also remind my target frame was my daughter's 18th birthday (for her first used car), due October 20 2017.
    That's roughly 2 years ahead from now still, while I could have made some solid gains, I choose to stand and wait (no day trading for me).

FTR: At current �/$ parity, I'm currently around � 8.5 per share avg.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-25-15 at 04:14 PM.
    08-25-15 04:01 PM
    OT:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...297_story.html
    No time for an interest rate hike
    By Lawrence Summers
    08-25-15 04:05 PM
    Guys.
    You know what I'm about to write, don't you ?
    So I'll save your time
    Have a nice evening !
    SF

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 04:12 PM
    Waterloo to host Innovation Summit - Electronic Products & Technology

More than a dozen international speakers, including Silicon Valley sage and entrepreneur Steve Blank, economist Mariana Mazzucato (author of the Entrepreneurial State), strategist and entrepreneur Salim Ismail, venture capitalist Ajay Royan and John Chen, CEO of BlackBerry, will join tech leaders, academics, scientists and policy makers for in-depth conversations on how to win in the global innovation economy.
    Waterloo Innovation Summit on Sept. 16-18.
    08-25-15 04:15 PM
    Typical, the markets back up almost 200 pts annnd bbry is down 2.5%.... I'm very tempted at this point to cut losses and be done with it. How can management sit there and be so silent and do nothing to stem the bleeding? I've never seen such apathy from a management team toward a companies stock price.

*sigh* end rant. Just getting frustrated by their lack of communication.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    I know what you mean. I actually took advantage of the drop in BBRY share price in a manner different than most here. I've been taking money out of the stock market and recognizing gains. Therefore, I sold BBRY in the mid-7's to take advantage of the depressed price. My thinking was that I could sell less shares and have greater loss now, rather than wait until BBRY recovered where I would have to sell more shares just to get to the same amount of loss.

Now I just have to sit and wait for my 30 day wash sale waiting period to be over before deciding what to do next.
    08-25-15 05:12 PM
    Ya, recession. And no way for feds to lower rates. God damned idiots.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 06:16 PM
    Ya, recession. And no way for feds to lower rates. God damned idiots.

Posted via CB10
    The Fed is trapped in a corner with nowhere to go. The plan to normalize rates will crush the economy.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 07:15 PM
    Hi all:

What a crazy week. BBRY price, as usual, does not make any sense, especially compared to MOBL. Of everything that Blackberry has, is doing, and is projected to accomplish; it is priced, pretty much, with its cash balance and without other valuations. The last time that we approach this kind of sp was right before JC took over in December of 2013. All of the indicators on the chart show very high similarities, except for the volume indicator. The volume that we have had so far is about half that we had, when the sp tanked in December 2013. I am not convinced that this is a sell off. We all know that the institutions that downgraded BBRY have increased their holdings. And now, the news says that the price target is in the range of $6 - $14. What a circus. Anyway, if history were to repeat itself, we should see a big bounce soon (crossing my fingers; it's a wacky stock).

I like that Blackberry has managed to secure Android. Perhaps, this is a great way to sell handsets to consumers again. They are used to using Google apps, and Android. It will be a surprise to them that Blackberry makes an attractive, and quality packed handset that runs Android. This will help Blackberry to be known again in the consumer world.

There is not much chart analysis that I could offer other than addressing the above for now. The next ER is around September 27, 2015. Shorts are still in the 100 million volume. What are they waiting for, Morgan?

Let's keep strong through the storm.

Weekly chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-08-25-8.46.21-pm.png
    08-25-15 08:29 PM
    Just a friendly reminder this time!

[NOTE]Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/NOTE]
    08-25-15 10:20 PM
    Just a friendly reminder this time!

[NOTE]Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/NOTE]
    Being a member of this forum and thread for a few years, I appreciate your comment and I would have written the same myself. But what pisssed off the old timers here, including myself, was a MOD speaking nonsense and against the spirit of this thread.

Posted via CB10
    kadakn01, bungaboy, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    08-25-15 11:01 PM
    Being a member of this forum and thread for a few years, I appreciate your comment and I would have written the same myself. But what pisssed off the old timers here, including myself, was a MOD speaking nonsense and against the spirit of this thread.

Posted via CB10
    You have every right to disagree with the question I posed. Y'all were certainly welcome to challenge it, and explain how my suggestion of the streets perception was wrong. I'll be damned though, if y'all are going to suggest I'm trolling, after years beating real trolls off this thread.

If the spirit of this thread is to beat down anything construed as negative, then you've succeeded. Kudos!

I am a steadfast BlackBerry supporter, who desperately wants this company to dig itself out. You can believe that or deny it, just as everything else I've said. Frankly, I don't care. I know the truth. I cannot make you see what's plainly in front of you, if you refuse to look.
    08-25-15 11:21 PM
    You have every right to disagree with the question I posed. Y'all were certainly welcome to challenge it, and explain how my suggestion of the streets perception was wrong. I'll be damned though, if y'all are going to suggest I'm trolling, after years beating real trolls off this thread.

If the spirit of this thread is to beat down anything construed as negative, then you've succeeded. Kudos!

I am a steadfast BlackBerry supporter, who desperately wants this company to dig itself out. You can believe that or deny it, just as everything else I've said. Frankly, I don't care. I know the truth. I cannot make you see what's plainly in front of you, if you refuse to look.
    I have never called you a troll nor do I doubt of your support for the thread and BlackBerry, but that's beside the point. The point was that you presented a few statements as if they were facts but were simply just your thoughts or believes. They were misleading in negative ways. No one here is refusing to see anything negative, no one here is unaware of anything that you and others said. We support BlackBerry in spite of all that and see a potential upside, and we put our money where our mouth is. If you or anyone have facts to share, especially the negative ones, we would be the first to thank you for them. But please don't clutter the thread with misleading statements.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 11:39 PM
    I have never called you a troll nor do I doubt of your support for the thread and BlackBerry, but that's beside the point. The point was that you presented a few statements as if they were facts but were simply just your thoughts or believes. They were misleading in negative ways. No one here is refusing to see anything negative, no one here is unaware of anything that you and others said. We support BlackBerry in spite of all that and see a potential upside, and we put our money where our mouth is. If you or anyone have facts to share, especially the negative ones, we would be the first to thank you for them. But please don't clutter the thread with misleading statements.

Posted via CB10
    And with this you guys are done ?

Moving on.......

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 12:07 AM
    Here comes QE4 and mass acceptance of global warming

Like it d you want to ride the Penguin duck to hell

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 01:54 AM
    August 26, 2015
    WatchDox by BlackBerry Deepens Secure Collaboration Capabilities Across Mobile Platforms
    WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Aug. 26, 2015) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSX:BB), a global leader in secure mobile communications, today unveiled updates to WatchDox(R) by BlackBerry(R), including a new application for BlackBerry(R) 10 devices and additional multi-OS integration.

WatchDox by BlackBerry is a secure enterprise file sharing and mobile content management solution. It increases productivity and collaboration by enabling users to connect to files from any PC, tablet or smartphone. Organizations remain in full control of corporate content, even after files are downloaded and shared with third parties. WatchDox by BlackBerry was recently named a "Visionary" in the Gartner "Magic Quadrant for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing"(1) for the second consecutive year.

The new WatchDox by BlackBerry application for BlackBerry 10 smartphones, including the BlackBerry(R) Classic and BlackBerry(R) Passport, provides secure anytime online access to content, with synchronization across mobile, desktop and web environments. Users have the ability to browse, access, search and view Microsoft(R) Office, PDF and image files from Windows(R) File Share and Microsoft SharePoint(R). They can securely share links to content with colleagues as well as third party collaborators, enhancing productivity without putting corporate data at risk.

For enterprises with stringent security demands, all content viewed with WatchDox by BlackBerry on a BlackBerry 10 device can be audited to meet compliance requirements. Document encryption is delivered through digital rights management (DRM) policies that are applied to all files, which can only be opened in the WatchDox by BlackBerry application to ensure complete data protection.

"Organizations want to empower their workforce to collaborate and make it easier for them to be productive as the work environment blends between mobile and desktop," said Billy Ho, Executive Vice President, Enterprise Products and Value Added Solutions, BlackBerry. "We believe that WatchDox by BlackBerry is the ideal solution to meet this demand, and the new application for BlackBerry 10 delivers these benefits to customers through essential mobile content management capabilities. The app is a great complement to our existing iOS and Android mobile offerings and web and desktop interfaces."

WatchDox by BlackBerry has also expanded support to devices with Samsung KNOX(TM), Android for Work(TM) and Secure Work Space for iOS(R) and Android(TM). By adding workspace functionality, the WatchDox by BlackBerry app is completely separate from personal content, creating another layer of security and privacy. The update also integrates mobile productivity tools for users to access, create, edit, annotate, search, stream and share files, as well as performance enhancements that make it easier for users to work with large files.

Additionally, WatchDox by BlackBerry now includes Enterprise Identity by BlackBerry integration, allowing users to access the app from all entry points, including mobile devices, PCs and the web, with seamless single sign-on authentication.

For more information about WatchDox by BlackBerry, visit Secure document sharing - WatchDox by BlackBerry - United States.

Disclaimer: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

(1) Gartner "Magic Quadrant for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing" by Monica Basso, Charles Smulders, Jeffrey Mann, July 22, 2015.

About BlackBerry

BlackBerry is securing a connected world, delivering innovative solutions across the entire mobile ecosystem and beyond. We secure the world's most sensitive data across all end points - from cars to smartphones - making the mobile-first enterprise vision a reality. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com.

BlackBerry and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third-party products or services
    Corbu, lech31, JLagoon and 11 others like this.
    08-26-15 07:11 AM
    FTR, the latest Morningstar Equity Analyst Report on BlackBerry, dated August 25, 2015 would appear to raise its "Morningstar Rating" from three stars to four. The contents of the report appears to be unchanged, though. Fair Value Estimate remains at 9.00 USD.
    Bilaal, lech31, bungaboy and 12 others like this.
    08-26-15 07:14 AM
113,256 ... 35203521352235233524 ...