1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Funny how rumors are now truth.

What - I believe - I take as known :
    A/ there's close to zero chance BlackBerry abandon BB10
    B/ There's close to zero chance BlackBerry releases/markets a mass market targeted device. This is not planned in JC plan and I can't see it magically pop (they simply can't financially , especially if 'new' software)
    C/ There's a lot of chance they're experimenting Android in various forms ( a lot of competitors test devices have been caught similarly running Android) .
    D/ if you're searching growth and profit look into enterprise and software where investments have been made already. Any other segment will mean costs, say investments (cash burn) at best (adds to B)

Shake the above and tell me again about the Android story.
    I like stories with dragons and ferries. Please add lollipops at will.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 07:29 PM
    Time for a Musical Interlude . . .

08-24-15 07:33 PM

This is a serious issue that you can't just dismiss. If they plan to keep BB10 they will eventually have to get up to date on Qt or find some other framework.
    The fact that they let this lapse means they either feel that can't afford to do it now, or they don't care.
    Native development uses BPS(Blackberry Platform Services) and QML for the layout. However, a developer can use SDL or another framework for front end. QML is absolutely not required. The BPS is NOT QT nor does it use QT Core to for subsystem calls.

Developers also have the option to create HTML5 apps, Android apps, and Adobe Air apps.

The Qnx kernel is a Posix based OS and has nothing to do with QT. QT apps will not work on BB10 but can work on the Car platform.

QT5 framework not being available to BB10 makes no difference to the BPS nor does it somehow make the system insecure.

Unless Blackberry wants to drastically rework cascades, there's no need at all to make any updates. If they did, it wouldn't be difficult at all.

As an investor, I would prefer they continue porting the Blackberry productivity suite to Android. It is a simple task and has could be a huge business opportunity.

Our UI updates can wait.

TLDR; They don't care and it's absolutely not an issue.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, morganplus8, Corbu and 11 others like this.
    08-24-15 08:17 PM
    Time for a Musical Interlude . . .

Nice. Here is something to follow-up the tunes.

Warm-up:
    Video url :

Main Feature:
    Video url :

Just some old fashion comedy relief.
    Cheers mates.
    08-24-15 09:05 PM
    Qt isn't a development tool. It is a major framework in the BB10 stack itself.

Imagine if Microsoft stopped investing in WPF. It's actually even worse than that, because Qt includes things even more core than that.

Remember, BB doesn't own Qt. They use it (for quite a bit of stuff!). They seem to be investing in integrating Qt updates on their QNX car platforms, but not on their BB10 devices. What does that tell you?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    What if BBRY thinks what they have done is good enough for now?
    08-24-15 11:15 PM
    Native development uses BPS(Blackberry Platform Services) and QML for the layout. However, a developer can use SDL or another framework for front end. QML is absolutely not required. The BPS is NOT QT nor does it use QT Core to for subsystem calls.

Developers also have the option to create HTML5 apps, Android apps, and Adobe Air apps.

The Qnx kernel is a Posix based OS and has nothing to do with QT. QT apps will not work on BB10 but can work on the Car platform.

QT5 framework not being available to BB10 makes no difference to the BPS nor does it somehow make the system insecure.

Unless Blackberry wants to drastically rework cascades, there's no need at all to make any updates. If they did, it wouldn't be difficult at all.

As an investor, I would prefer they continue porting the Blackberry productivity suite to Android. It is a simple task and has could be a huge business opportunity.

Our UI updates can wait.

TLDR; They don't care and it's absolutely not an issue.

Posted via CB10
    That is what I think. There are no ways for BB10 internals to be related to Qt.
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-24-15 11:23 PM
    BTW - I stumbled accross a thread that relates to our latest OT discussion:

BB10 and Qt support in the future?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1010596

Thurask and Thunderbuck both are pretty head's-up guys. Hope it helps.
    08-25-15 12:10 AM
    Funny how rumors are now truth.

What - I believe - I take as known :
    A/ there's close to zero chance BlackBerry abandon BB10
    B/ There's close to zero chance BlackBerry releases/markets a mass market targeted device. This is not planned in JC plan and I can't see it magically pop (they simply can't financially , especially if 'new' software)
    C/ There's a lot of chance they're experimenting Android in various forms ( a lot of competitors test devices have been caught similarly running Android) .
    D/ if you're searching growth and profit look into enterprise and software where investments have been made already. Any other segment will mean costs, say investments (cash burn) at best (adds to B)

Shake the above and tell me again about the Android story.
    I like stories with dragons and ferries. Please add lollipops at will.

Posted via CB10
    Shake shake...

BB10.4 is in the works for some time now. Update should be coming because I have been receiving updates for my native bb10 apps for the last few days... ;-)

According to rumors BlackBerry has been testing Android run devices. A Lollipop Passport and a giant slider have have surfaced on the internet. Rumors "confirm" that these AndroBerries will have the BlackBerry productivity suite like the hub. But wait, there's more: Google play is also available on the devices. A Passport and a giant slider with Android are something else in the current offering of Android phones.

The above is based on rumors so we don't know if the devices are for real. But if BlackBerry is going to do this it has advantages.

BlackBerry will be visible again in phone shops because they do sell Android phones. There these will hit the shelves as BB10 phones have been ignored.

For prosumers the app gapp has been close once and for all. (yes, you can have all Android apps on your Passport but...that's difficult for the average phone user). BlackBerry becomes interesting again for people who are heavily using Google apps.

Android phones are in demand in the business market. BlackBerry carves out a share bringing out Android run BlackBerry smartphones.
    These phones are not the average mass market Android slabs.

BES is a cross platform MDM right? BES could benefit from the new AndroBerries. Organisations using Google/Android apps for their business could actually choose to have AndroBerries without having to change the apps they use and dump Mobile iron or any other MDM solution in favour of BES. They might even think about using the BlackBerry productivity suite in stead of the apps they used.

Just look at the bright side of things, but be realistic . That should not take any dragons or fairytales. This thread is already suffering from negative news and slides in the SP.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 01:56 AM
    08-25-15 02:24 AM
    I wish I had time to address all the comments, but mine is so dang limited lately . I will have to respond to this though:

Where did you get this information? BlackBerry has made no such announcement.

Your cheerleader comment is typical of the trolls that infest CB. Cmon man, you're a mod, you should know better. *So just because someone has a positive outlook on the company, one that is different from yours, they are blindly cheerleading?

Yeah, this is a stock thread. *The title reads "I Support BlackBerry and I Buy Shares". *It's obviously intended for people who support the company. *To come in here suggesting that we're cheerleading and that the thread should have been closed long ago is plain wrong.
    You took what I said completely out of context, and made my point for me. Differing opinion doesn't make either of us a troll. ‎

My comments were intended to inspire conversation, not anger. It's unfortunate for some there is no acceptable discussion regarding BlackBerry beyond the positive. All other stocks get dissected in grave detail, and any rumored failing of Android or iOS is relished here. Once BlackBerry has Android on it, will posts about security leaks within that OS suddenly become trolling too? I hope to G_d not.*

Cheers guys! I like y'all wish BlackBerry to live long and prosper. *
    Ecm, awindsr, Munx and 5 others like this.
    08-25-15 07:01 AM
    I wish I had time to address all the comments, but mine is so dang limited lately . I will have to respond to this though:

You took what I said completely out of context, and made my point for me. Differing opinion doesn't make either of us a troll. ‎

My comments were intended to inspire conversation, not anger. It's unfortunate for some there is no acceptable discussion regarding BlackBerry beyond the positive. All other stocks get dissected in grave detail, and any rumored failing of Android or iOS is relished here. Once BlackBerry has Android on it, will posts about security leaks within that OS suddenly become trolling too? I hope to G_d not.*

Well said. Any forum on any subject whatsoever that discourages opposing views or negative considerations is doomed to develop huge and potentially tragic blind spots and negative surprises. This is especially important to accept when we are talking about a publicly trading stock.

That being said, many would claim that this is NOT a forum for discussing the positive and negative aspects and future possibilities for bbry. If we take the thread's title literally, this is a place for 'supporting' bbry, and 'buy[ing] shares'. Nowhere in the title does it say that this is a place for thinking critically about our investments. That's an important distinction to make and perhaps this is why we end up bickering in here from time to time.

I personally favour having rigorous and well-considered discussions about the positive and negative sides of things, but perhaps that is not what this thread is meant to be.

With respect, and I know that a lot of people in here are DEEP underwater in their investments in BB or BBRY, I think it's a really foolish and dangerous thing to invest based on too much emotion and not enough consideration of all the facts. This isn't monopoly, and for those of us who invest with real money, it would be best to welcome comments from those who have worries or concerns. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    chr1sny and anon(4086547) like this.
    08-25-15 07:22 AM
    Put more simply - if you are considering buying BBRY share or putting more money into the company and you are dismissing out of hand any suggestion there might be an android phone because you don't like android, you should stop at that point.
    08-25-15 07:30 AM
    Put more simply - if you are considering buying BBRY share or putting more money into the company and you are dismissing out of hand any suggestion there might be an android phone because you don't like android, you should stop at that point.
    My thoughts exactly! Well said...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-25-15 07:32 AM
    True facts are welcomed on this thread! But if you want to type out random thoughts and pass them as facts, then there is a thread for rumors and speculating. Defending a thought that is based on nothing is still nothing. Until BlackBerry reveals what they want to do next, it's all rumors and speculations.

I think the thread title should be changed to rumors and speculations. Lol
    08-25-15 07:44 AM
    Isn't the whole idea of trading stocks and predicting stock movements based on rumours and speculation?
    chr1sny, BigBadWulf and CDM76 like this.
    08-25-15 08:15 AM
    I'm only a University graduate advancing in age with never having anyone question my reading skills before, so maybe a specialized linguist should be brought in to clarify semantics. My interpretation of "I support BBRY and I buy shares" is a statement indicating a position taken. Some seem to think that the name should be changed to "Pros and Cons of supporting BBRY and recommendations if its shares should be bought". The later is more directed to questioning, debates and may appeal to a certain group of people. Should they have their own separate site, leaving adults (and other variations) decide on their own choices? Self-appointed experts imposing their personal opinions/rumors are not always appreciated, certainly when lack of quality is perceived !
    08-25-15 08:20 AM

Dude, how does this stimulate discussion?

...From what I know today, my statement is accurate. BB10 OS will be maintained as I BES alternative only, if that.
    You were stating a fact, based on what you "know today". So the questions was appropriately asked where did you get that "knowing" from?
    Instead of answering a legitimate question, you started attacking him for taking your post out of context (which he did not) and being a blind cheerleader (which he isn't). I haven't seen your kind of behavior since high school.

And this:

... If all y'all want to to to to cheerleader, this thread should have ended a long time ago.
    Dude, the thread's title is "I support BBRY and I buy shares". What does "I support BBRY" mean to you. It clearly indicates support. Why do you think a thread "should have ended a long time ago" simply because we want to support and cheer for BlackBerry?
    What you said is simply surreal. It's like joining a Corvette car forum and a MOD says "if you guys cheer for Corvettes, I will shut you down!" WTF!
    08-25-15 08:22 AM
    Isn't the whole idea of trading stocks and predicting stock movements based on rumours and speculation?
    I believe that you can read and simply misunderstood bbjdog's post for other reasons, so I will post his statement here again for you to read again:
    "True facts are welcomed on this thread! But if you want to type out random thoughts and pass them as facts, then there is a thread for rumors and speculating"

If you still missed that, it simply means that if you state facts that is fine, if you state rumors, that is fine too, but you state rumors as fact, then no good. Hope it helps buddy.
    08-25-15 08:30 AM
    bbjdog for Mod!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 08:36 AM
    It just hit me -- I wonder if Samsungs foray into the keyboard market is a way for them to test the demand for and/or to drum up some interest in pkb phones. If Samsung sees potential with this, they may be incentivized to acquire BlackBerry, to differentiate their lineup, since it is widely agreed that BlackBerry has the best pkb phones on the market. Pure speculation but kind of feels like an epiphany moment....wait and see

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...gyholnk0000001

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    zyben, awindsr and 3MIKE like this.
    08-25-15 08:39 AM
    OT: Perhaps the Moderation Team have received instructions to transition to "Android Central"
    08-25-15 08:43 AM
    I admire you guys for staying positive but I don't understand why you don't see how BB10's demise is inevitable.

It's been 2 years and it's continually gone downhill in terms of adoption. The poor performance is starting to reflect in the stock price too once again. I'm assuming Chen knows this very well and in hopes of stimulating new change in a positive direction, he's going all out with Android.

In my opinion, BlackBerry doesn't have the resources or money to develop and maintain two different OS's. Thus they'll see how the market reacts when they unveil the Android phone and decide accordingly.

Many of you forget that BlackBerry continually 'promised' Playbook development also...look where that went.

Edit: I say this as a shareholder and a BlackBerry supporter, just like you.
    sati01 and anon(4086547) like this.
    08-25-15 09:05 AM
    LOL....certainly lively in here today.

Classically Posted.
    08-25-15 09:06 AM
    LOL....certainly lively in here today.

Classically Posted.
    I have been away for while having 5 new interns joining my group this summer. They are starting to settle in a bit, so I get some time to get back here to see you old folks. LOL
    08-25-15 09:09 AM
    What if BBRY thinks what they have done is good enough for now?
    "Good enough for now" is the death of all technologies, isn't it? World moves fast. BB, of all companies, should know what that means.

Anyway, I'm convinced they will hop on the Android train instead. I think that is the smart move here. For those who don't believe that, I'll take a friendly wager.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    08-25-15 09:11 AM
113,250 ... 35183519352035213522 ...