View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Big Bad Ben needs a group cheer, he's spent the last few weeks exploring the better food establishments through Spain and particularly Lyon France...well done BBB

Edit: we are headed there early next month and Ben has been so helpful...thank you sir!

Classically Posted.
    You are very welcome Shane. Your group is going to have a fabulous time in September. Cheers B

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    08-24-15 03:56 AM
    I sold all my BB shares several months ago when I felt I no longer understood or agreed with the vision/or lack of vision in the company. The price is so low now, though, that I wonder if it's time to start thinking about getting back in...

Does anyone in here feel as though they have a decent idea of what the next 12-18 months is going to look like for BlackBerry? I'm not talking about results, but about strategy, decisions, approach, etc. Just trying to crowd source some opinions! I genuinely have no clue what they are up to anymore. I'm thinking of setting a $6 buy price in case it dips that low, but might go for $6.50. Anyone else thinking of what to do?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 04:50 AM
    I sold all my BB shares several months ago when I felt I no longer understood or agreed with the vision/or lack of vision in the company. The price is so low now, though, that I wonder if it's time to start thinking about getting back in...

Does anyone in here feel as though they have a decent idea of what the next 12-18 months is going to look like for BlackBerry? I'm not talking about results, but about strategy, decisions, approach, etc. Just trying to crowd source some opinions! I genuinely have no clue what they are up to anymore. I'm thinking of setting a $6 buy price in case it dips that low, but might go for $6.50. Anyone else thinking of what to do?

Posted via CB10
    No insights but I think we can work out broad direction of travel:

* Attempts to grow services and software
    * Android as last throw of dice for devices (if the slider flops, nowhere to go)
    08-24-15 05:04 AM

* Android as last throw of dice for devices (if the slider flops, nowhere to go)
    Interesting points.
    If BlackBerry becomes an Android maker, where would it stand amongst all the Android OEMs? Would a Samsung Android be more appealing than a BlackBerry Android, given the same specs?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, zyben and La Emperor like this.
    08-24-15 05:34 AM

How do you sell yourself as a software company, when you gave up on your own and started using the competition's?
    gvs1341 likes this.
    08-24-15 05:37 AM
    How do you sell yourself as a software company, when you gave up on your own and started using the competition's?
    A good point. In know folks get a bit cranky if things aren't really positive in here, but while I support BlackBerry, I do wonder...a year ago, I felt they had a lot available to them, but after a few more devices launched with no marketing support and now this android thing and a silver passport that's the same darn older passport in a different wrapper, I honestly don't understand what they are thinking.

What if the android BlackBerry sells well? Do they give up on BlackBerry 10? What if it doesn't sell well? So they give up on devices completely? it seems to me it was have been less confusing and embarrassing to back the passport and classic with some real advertising, same with the slider, and if after a real marketing and advertising effort for those three devices thing were not going well, then they could say they tried and pack up the devices business with the peace of mind that every sensible effort was made.

Apparently, they've wanted to avoid spending, but the stock is at about $7 anyway, so that hasn't really been a great success.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 05:56 AM
    Interesting points.
    If BlackBerry becomes an Android maker, where would it stand amongst all the Android OEMs? Would a Samsung Android be more appealing than a BlackBerry Android, given the same specs?

Posted via CB10
    It will come down to the 'added value' in the software suite and what it means in terms of security - I don't expect it to have significant impact with consumers* but rather to compete against Samsung Knox. it has to be software because competing on hardware is a waste of time.

I'm *guessing* that their own BES data tells them they are securing far more android devices than BB10 so they see this as where they need to go.

* I absolutely guarantee you, that within hours of release, android centre will have a thread entitled "how do I remove BB bloatware from slider"?

Do they give up on BlackBerry 10?
    Posted via CB10
    This is outside of my expertise but the conversations I see here and elsewhere amongst more technically knowledge individuals is that BB10 is in maintenance mode only now - there is no real development work to speak of and no roadmap.

Someone also raised an interesting (but unconfirmed) report that part of the reason we keep seeing the same processors in BB10 is that Qualcomm want significant amount of money for drivers for BB10 devices and switching to android avoids that cost.

From a shareowners point of view, interesting to see what Chen says at next earnings call about this - if anything.

You become the trusted vendor who is able to secure the most popular option as best as possible?
    Last edited by cgk; 08-24-15 at 06:10 AM.
    08-24-15 05:58 AM
    08-24-15 06:20 AM
    "Gave up" ?????

WTF are you talking about.... this doesn't make sense at all
    quite the opposite actually.
    I think you need to revisit and rethink that comment....
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 08-24-15 at 06:37 AM.
    08-24-15 06:24 AM

Please...you've been harping the death song for three years now...no where to go, laughable.

Classically Posted.
    08-24-15 06:26 AM
    Venice is the BYOD alternative, nothing more (IMO). Chen has stated many times he's going to throw several things at the wall and see what sticks. This is just another example of that practice.

It's not the "last" chance. It's not "massive success or die". It's a device...in a STABLE of devices.

Classically Posted.
    08-24-15 06:33 AM
    Interesting points.

Posted via CB10
    BBRY will need to pay less license fees than Android OEMs. In addition, some Android users like BBRY security features and/or keyboards.
    jxnb, bungaboy, zyben and 1 others like this.
    08-24-15 06:45 AM
    Please...you've been harping the death song for three years now...no where to go, laughable.

Classically Posted.
    BB10 device sales are 800,000 per quarter and falling - nobody who is vertically integrated suddenly adopts an competing platform - especially one littered with failures if they have many other options.
    08-24-15 07:08 AM
    Semi-OT: Get ready for an absolute whipping again today in the market everyone. Good luck.
    08-24-15 07:17 AM
    Semi-OT: Get ready for an absolute whipping again today in the market everyone. Good luck.
    BBRY ranging between $6.95 and $7.00 in pre-market trading. A market correction here and there is healthy. It always bounces back. Hope you can weather the storm.
    bungaboy, jxnb and zyben like this.
    08-24-15 07:22 AM
    BBRY ranging between $6.95 and $7.00 in pre-market trading. A market correction here and there is healthy. It always bounces back. Hope you can weather the storm.
    Yep I'm putting my rain coat on - however if you are looking over the long-term and have some free cash might be some bargains to pick up...
    08-24-15 07:31 AM
    Yep, entire tech sector is down.
    Whoa!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 07:34 AM
    Let's hope BlackBerry grabs the opportunity to 1) buy companies cheap.. 2) buy-back shares.. Unfortunately 1) is a knive that cuts both ways...... :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 07:45 AM
    Let's hope BlackBerry grabs the opportunity to 1) buy companies cheap.. 2) buy-back shares.. Unfortunately 1) is a knive that cuts both ways...... :-)

Posted via CB10

Crazy opening coming, I'm buying hard today, it will be a 14% plus correction on no news and we might even see a key-reversal by the end of the day. Nice to get this over with for the Fall, its painful but it happens. A 14% correction is a strong one on a late summer trading period. Time to commit!
    08-24-15 08:15 AM
    Crazy opening coming, I'm buying hard today, it will be a 14% plus correction on no news and we might even see a key-reversal by the end of the day. Nice to get this over with for the Fall, its painful but it happens. A 14% correction is a strong one on a late summer trading period. Time to commit!
    Hey Morgan. Can you tell anything about volumes yet? I'd think most people see the major indexes much higher in 3-5 years... but then again, who am I..

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 08:20 AM
    Hey Morgan. Can you tell anything about volumes yet? I'd think most people see the major indexes much higher in 3-5 years... but then again, who am I..

Posted via CB10
    You have to go back to Oct 2011 to see something as big as this sell-off in terms of TA damage to the DOW index. After that sell-off we embarked on a substantial rally that lasted until July of this year. We are setting up for a huge plunge in the RSI for the DOW, this has nothing to do with any sector or stock, just the HF boys selling into a thin market in August. I like that we can get this out of the way heading into the Fall as I don't like looking for major corrections when everyone is back from their holidays. The volumes will be huge, I will own everything I'm after, all in a matter of minutes, and then its wait and see if the same HF clowns reverse and go long today establishing a key-reversal. BBRY will be close to cash, biotech is running a 40% off sale in some names, good time to go shopping. Let's see how the first 10 minutes go. I might add, all of this for nothing other than to make some HF profits at the expense of others.
    08-24-15 08:30 AM
    MOBL worth 300 million.. or about 200 million excluding cash?!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    08-24-15 08:52 AM
    Quit confusing hardware with software.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 09:07 AM
    Blackberry's customers are Fortune 500 companies and governments that need Blackberry security.

A global downturn won't hurt BBRY nearly as bad as other companies.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 09:08 AM
    The biggest route for the DOW occurred in late 2008/2009 and we did some major damage there including a 1,000 point drop. Great buying op. Then we have to go back to the Iraq war (2003) to see a time when we accomplished the same damage.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dow-aug-24-2015.png

And so today, you have the DOW selling off on HF trading down to its 200-dma! That's it, the 200-dma was the trigger point for the rally/bounce off the lows today and now we have a green light to call this over. BBRY could close positive today, as might many stocks and you had the chance to buy at bargain basement pricing.
    08-24-15 09:11 AM
113,250 ... 35153516351735183519 ...