View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT Alert:

Thanks M+8 for your thoughts...I like both BlackBerry (I remain long here) and HALO...in the end I actually put some money on PSDV - I like the outlook and the prospect of significant share value growth if the Analysts are to be believed ($8-10)...best to all - hope you're doing well.

Posted via CB10

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I had to find your message! If we all listened to the old investment proverb of, "sell in May and go away" we would be looking at a tremendous opportunity to buy these great plays. BBRY seems to like staying above $ 7.50/shr, considering that it began its sell-off long before that faithful Q report, it is finding some buying down here now. HALO, PSDV and others look fantastic now, we just need to hang in there until September when traders come back from their holidays. Nice buy and good luck!
    08-19-15 02:30 PM
    BlackBerry 'Venice' slider device demo video leaks out | CrackBerry.com

rarsen, jxnb, lech31 and 6 others like this.
    08-19-15 05:04 PM
    08-19-15 05:11 PM
    Courtsey of @evleaks. The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-imageuploadedbycb-forums1440024614.939703.jpg
    morganplus8 and zyben like this.
    08-19-15 05:50 PM
    Seems if BlackBerry wants to keep some goodies under wraps for their formal announcement, they need to call a plumber who wields a very big wrench.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    08-19-15 06:02 PM
    CB users Ozfork and Chaplain_Clancy saying slider will come in Android and BB10 flavors...

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...0-too-1034470/

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    08-19-15 07:24 PM
    Sorta related:

Kik which was started by a former BB intern and was also involved in a lawsuit with BB, is now valued at $1B.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2015/08/18/k...owner-tencent/
    morganplus8, rarsen, zyben and 2 others like this.
    08-19-15 07:24 PM
    Oh oh....BGR with a positive comment on BlackBerry

Could BlackBerry be back? Gorgeous leaked phone to run Android

BlackBerry Android phone leaked picture shows physical keyboard | BGR
    I know! Very strange to see such a reversal of momentum. Everyone is playing a losing game, except our BlackBerry.

Refreshing.
    08-19-15 08:13 PM
    Oh oh....BGR with a positive comment on BlackBerry

Could BlackBerry be back? Gorgeous leaked phone to run Android

BlackBerry Android phone leaked picture shows physical keyboard | BGR
    I think BGR should follow The Verge's lead and ban user comments for a while. Complete waste of time and value.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-19-15 08:35 PM
    I think BGR should follow The Verge's lead and ban user comments for a while. Complete waste of time and value.

Posted via CB10
    Sheesh. Makes this place look like Sunday School.
    08-19-15 09:07 PM
    Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Classic and Passport which are en route to San Antonio! Should arrive tomorrow! *YES*
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150819_214221.png

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic AND Passport!!!
    CDM76, Superfly_FR, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    08-19-15 09:43 PM
    OT: why do Android OEMs put up with this from Google? I get the race to the bottom, self-inflicted by android OEMs, but now Google is forcing it upon them by hand picking an OEM to introduce $88 Android One smartphones to Africa?

http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.u...ences.html?m=1

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, Corbu, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    08-20-15 12:35 AM
    Essar Group upgrades to BlackBerry's multi-OS EMM solution BES12 - Firstpost

Essar Group upgrades to BlackBerry's multi-OS EMM solution BES12

by FP Staff Aug 20, 2015 13:00 IST

Essar Group has upgraded to BlackBerry's multi-OS EMM solution BES12. The multinational firm selected BES12 to securely manage their data, applications, and devices including iOS, Android, and BlackBerry smartphones.

BES12 centralises device management from a single command and control center, and supports multiple mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry devices, as well as a wide range of Samsung KNOX and Android for Work smartphones and tablets.

�Our BYOD policy allows our employees to choose the device that meets their needs, and we implemented BES12 to deliver this flexibility without sacrificing security,� said Jayantha Prabhu, Chief Technology Officer, Essar Group.

�We�re seeing a tremendous number of users bringing Android or iOS devices into the environment, along with our BlackBerry 10 smartphone deployment. With BES12, we don�t have to worry about the security of the data on the devices our employees choose. We can provide our users with the mobile device experience that best suits their needs and simplify our EMM, with the peace of mind that our corporate data remains secure,� Prabhu added.

Essar Group is also trialing BES12 Cloud for even greater scalability and flexibility. Additionally, the organisation is testing a range of value-added solutions such as BBM Meetings and BBM Protected as their workforce becomes more mobilised.
    08-20-15 06:25 AM
    IT News Online > Business Wire India - ZTE Applies for Over 50 New Core Patents for Its Flagship Axon Phone

we mentijoned this before.... interesting little comment:

ZTE Applies for Over 50 New Core Patents for Its Flagship Axon Phone
    2015-08-20

Business Wire India

ZTE, a leading global mobile device maker, today announced that it has applied for over 50 new core patents for its global flagship Axon phone. ZTE Axon versions are currently available in the U.S. and China, and have reinforced ZTE�s position as the most successful Chinese manufacturer in the U.S. market.

�Axon is ZTE�s first global flagship smartphone series, and is our key to becoming a top smartphone vendor in our focus markets across the globe,� said Adam Zeng, CEO, ZTE Mobile Device.

Axon is the result of over ten years of technological innovation at ZTE and has been widely acclaimed as one of the most technologically advanced smartphone products from a Chinese manufacturer to date. For the Axon phone, ZTE has filed applications for over 50 new core patents, which include patents for the innovative technology that went into its audio, camera, antenna, security and touch technology. Axon�s innovative technology includes the smartphone�s �dual track� � high fidelity sound recording and playback, as well as its dual rear-cameras that capture high resolution images and videos, with the second lens delivering advanced functionality such as sophisticated bokeh photography effects.

According to Adam Zeng, technology and innovation are of utmost importance to Chinese manufacturers wanting to achieve success in the global smartphone market.

ZTE�s investment in research has powered the company�s growth since it was founded 30 years ago, and has allowed it to file more device-related patent applications than any other Chinese manufacturer to date. Currently, ZTE has filed applications for more than 20,000 terminal-related patents globally, with more than 4500 granted. In Europe and North America, ZTE has been granted more than 2000 terminal-related patents.

In 2014, ZTE hired several research and development teams from Blackberry, including interactivity, security and design teams. These hires strengthened ZTE�s technological innovation and patent accumulation, especially in the areas of man-machine communication and security technology.

At present, ZTE has accumulated a significant amount of patents related to voice control technology and security, including patents related to voice recognition, smart voice control and voice activation. ZTE has pioneered a number of data protection, privacy and payment security innovations that utilize hardware and software integrated encryption technology. To date, ZTE currently has over 200 security-related patents.

About ZTE Mobile Device

ZTE Mobile Device is a division of ZTE Corporation, a global telecommunications equipment, networks and mobile devices company headquartered in Shenzhen, China. ZTE is a publicly traded company listed on the Hong Kong and Shenzhen stock exchanges.

ZTE is one of the global leaders in the mobile handset manufacturing industry in the world, offering a complete range of mobile devices, including mobile phones, tablets, mobile broadband modems and hotspots and family desktop integration terminals.

ZTE has strategic partnerships with 47 of the world�s top 50 carriers. ZTE is also the only company globally that has been ranked inside the Top-3 by WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) for the past 5 years (2010-2014) for patent filings. For more information, please visit: ZTE Devices - Tomorrow never waits
    08-20-15 06:32 AM
    OT>

BlackPhone 2 available for pre-order; shipping in September

Contributed by Jake Carter on August 19, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Now, the second iteration, the Blackphone 2, is nearing release and has just been opened up for pre-orders. Instead of the usual process, they�re asking prospective buyers to contact their sales department to get on the list.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackphone-available-pre.jpg

The Blackphone 2 comes preloaded with its own apps as well as third-party apps that enable encrypted communication. The company received negative feedback from rival BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB), which claimed Silent Circle�s phone isn�t good enough for enterprise customers. To protect its users, Silent Circle doesn�t have access to the encryption keys for communications made on its network, similar to how Apple protects data stored on its users� iPhones. The camera will also be able to take high quality pictures at 13 MB. Other updates include a 64-bit processor and more RAM.

Silent Circle also offers its encrypted phone and messaging apps as standalone products for iOS and Android.

Designed for individuals and corporations alike, the first Blackphone was originally presented at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona back in 2014 before going on sale for US$629 (RM2,580), which is right up there with the unlocked cost of most flagship smartphones.

Giving the fact that the company adapted this initiative, it is very possible that even more people will be interested in their new phone.

If you�ve been itching to place your order for the successor to last year�s Blackphone, now�s your chance. The Blackphone 2 should be available in September. The company is also set to launch its first tablet dubbed the Blackphone+. Silent OS is a version of Android focused on privacy and it has no bloatware inside, carrier software, or apps that might leak data.
    08-20-15 06:35 AM
    Steve Blank, Salim Ismail and Mariana Mazzucato to Speak at the Waterloo Innovation Summit - Press Release - Digital Journal

Steve Blank, Salim Ismail and Mariana Mazzucato to Speak at the Waterloo Innovation Summit

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - August 19, 2015) -

Everyone is talking about innovation, but who is actually saying anything?

Top global thinkers in business, government and academia will have plenty to say about what it takes to build world-class innovation ecosystems when they convene at the Waterloo Innovation Summit this September 16-18.

More than a dozen international speakers, including Silicon Valley sage and entrepreneur Steve Blank, economist Mariana Mazzucato (author of the Entrepreneurial State), strategist and entrepreneur Salim Ismail, venture capitalist Ajay Royan and John Chen, CEO of BlackBerry, will join tech leaders, academics, scientists and policy makers for in-depth conversations on how to win in the global innovation economy.

Communitech and the University of Waterloo are teaming up to present a lively, frank and informed discussion that will explore factors that drive the world�s best innovation regions, from universities and governments making big bets on science, to the shifting roles of the public and private sectors, to what entrepreneurs really need -- and don�t need -- to succeed.

Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 through Friday, September 18, 2015.

Time: The event begins with a tour of Waterloo region's innovation ecosystem at noon on September 16. Additional schedule information is available on the event agenda.

Location: All events take place in Kitchener or Waterloo at the University of Waterloo, Communitech, the Centre for International Governance Innovation and the Conrad Centre for the Performing Arts.

For details on how to join in the discussion, visit the Waterloo Innovation Summit website.

For media looking for more information, to interview participants, or register for the conference, please contact one of the contacts listed below.

Attention broadcasters: Waterloo and Communitech have facilities to provide broadcast quality audio and video feeds with a double-ender studio. Please contact us for more information.

Media Contacts

Chris Plunkett
    Communitech
    519-497-0742

Nick Manning
    University of Waterloo
    226-929-7627

rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    08-20-15 06:38 AM
    PhoneDog | The Leader in Mobile Phone News and Reviews

This Digital Marketing CEO's BlackBerry Classic Is the Perfect Time-Saver

CEOs have busy jobs - an obvious point if there ever was one.

And the CEO of a design firm? "Busy" is probably an understatement - there's just so much variety to the daily responsibilities, that it takes specialized tools to manage it all effectively, and you've got to know how to get the most out of them.

With this in mind, I was elated to run across Sandra Hennessy, CEO of a digital marketing firm, who knows those points all too well.

Hennessy (right) runs Be Dynamic, a digital marketing agency that trains and consults with clients in Ireland, and she graciously agreed to share some of her industry insights and tell me why she sees the BlackBerry Classic as a business woman's tool of choice.

Also read our other Q&As with satisfied BlackBerry Classic users, including this Toronto Maple Leafs executive, this club DJ, this arts photographer, and this high-tech CTO. And read our roundups of media reviews of the BlackBerry Classic HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

Watts: What drew you to the BlackBerry Classic?

Hennessy: I love the physical BlackBerry keyboard - it's one of the main reasons I've stayed with BlackBerry. I fell in love with the 9900 Bold but found the [app choices lacking]. I couldn't wait for the Q10 to come out and was probably first in line for it when it arrived in Ireland.

I also loved the idea of the BlackBerry Classic - a mix of the best from the 9900 and Q10.

Watts: How does a CEO use the BlackBerry Classic? What makes it a tool and not a toy?

Hennessy: I'm out of the office a lot, and being able to run my business while away from the office is a must. The BlackBerry Classic allows me to do just that.

Email is massive for me, I may receive and send a hundred emails per day. The Classic lets me efficiently stay in contact and easily manage my email account in the Hub.

As I work in digital marketing, social media is also very important for me. I spend a lot of time using Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn apps. It's very important that I network online and the Hub allows me to manage all of my social media notifications in one place.

Watts: Has your productivity increased by using the BlackBerry Classic?

Hennessy: Yes, all my clients know to contact me on email to get the best response.

Before I bought the Classic, I had the Samsung Galaxy S5 for three months and hated the email app. The Classic meets all of my email needs.

It might sound strange, but one of the best features of the email is how easy is it to find folders that you need. Simple things like this make my life so much easier.

Watts: How are the other device features working out for you?

Hennessy: So far, I love everything about the Classic. There are a few tweaks I would make, but not enough to make me want to move away from it.

As I mentioned, the most-used applications are my social media apps - I need to be active on social media and the apps on the Classic are a lot faster and more up to date than previous BlackBerry phone apps.

Also, Blend is a new feature that I need to actually find time to make use of. I'm sure it will become useful to me very quickly.

Watts: What has the reaction been from peers?

Hennessy: I live and work in Ireland, and BlackBerry [has less of a presence]. Some think I'm crazy for choosing Blackberry, but I'm staying with it. There are no other phones that allow me to manage my business easily that have the physical QWERTY keyboard.

A Productivity Multi-Tool

As Hennessy's experiences illustrate, the BlackBerry Classic is a productivity multi-tool, bringing with it a variety of powerful features ranging from the touchscreen, keyboard and toolbelt's stellar input options to the messaging platform-aggregating prowess of the Hub and a bevy of other apps and tools.

No matter how hectic your work schedule is or how many emails you have to tackle, the Classic is the go-to device to put it all in check, which makes checking it out a smart move.

Pricing and Availability

In the United States, AT&T has made available the BlackBerry Passport and BlackBerry Classic via att.com and in AT&T retail stores. Read the positive reviews after the AT&T launch last month. Verizon is also offering the BlackBerry Classic. In Canada, Rogers and Telus are carrying both phones.

North American customers can also purchase the BlackBerry Classic online through Amazon.com, and U.S. and Canadian customers go directly to ShopBlackBerry.

Check here for availability in other regions.*

morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    08-20-15 06:46 AM
    TRANSLATED

Komunikasi Privat BBM Tetap Jadi Amunisi BlackBerry

Private Communications Fixed So Ammunition BlackBerry BBM

Rachmatunisa - detikinet

Thursday, 8/20/2015 11:48 pm

Jakarta - BlackBerry always give priority to the solution that it provides privacy to the consumer, both individual and corporate. Examples such as the BlackBerry Messenger (BBM).

In the midst of declining popularity, BlackBerry remains confident the fuel has its own appeal. Compared to other messaging services that are widely used today, BBM offers more private communication.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-naderbb46.jpg

"In your BBM connected only with people who you want. Because they have to invite your BBM PIN. Not showing all the contacts that you may not want," said Nader Henein BlackBerry Security Director in interviews with media in Palalada Restaurant, Jakarta.

Likewise, from the aspect of security, always put the BlackBerry said security in all owned enterprise solutions, including in the fuel.

"All communication between the fuel in each other randomly, every detail of communication. We do not send anything in between it," said Nader.

He explained that when a user sends messages via BBM service, the message will be sent randomly to the server. It is made not to have a gap to be hacked.

"We offer additional services to protect the communication outside the regular service. Communication with this protection using military-level encryption," he added.

Associated additional protection on the BBM, BlackBerry often asked what if the safety it will be difficult for the authorities. In some cases, the requested open access BlackBerry BBM communications for investigative purposes.

"We have provisions and there is a special page that shows how BlackBerry interact with law enforcement. We are very transparent about that. But I can not speak, not the authority I explain this matter," he concluded.

08-20-15 06:55 AM
    TRANSLATED

BlackBerry Bisa Hapus "Attachment" E-Mail yang Sudah Terkirim - Tribun Medan

BlackBerry Can Delete "Attachment" E-Mail Already Sent

Thursday, August 20, 2015 10:00

TRIBUN-MEDAN.com, JAKARTA - Have you ever been wrong to send an e-mail containing the document to other parties? Usually, when this happens, you could just ask the recipient to not read the contents of the document.

However, only the recipient can still read these documents, without your knowledge. It is not possible, the document contains very sensitive information that should not be known to others and can hurt you.

Well, it turns out the problem could be addressed by a solution from the BlackBerry. The solution itself in the form of artificial technology company called WatchDox, which is now acquired by BlackBerry.

The technology is now present as an additional service to a portfolio of solutions BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and is available for BES 12.

Technologies such as what is offered by WatchDox? BlackBerry Security Director Nader Henein revealed that this technology allows the user to control the file included in the e-mail (attachment).

For example, based on the scenario earlier, users can remove or retract a document that is sent in an e-mail. That is, the recipient can not open the e-mail.

Users can block access or delete files that should not to be divided, but already delivered.

rarsen, lech31, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    08-20-15 07:10 AM
    OT>
    Something not quite right about that company - none of their customer examples or case-studies seem to have names on them and on their website they make it look like their devices ship with GAPPS, however when I look at videos of their phone doing first boot, they are AOSP based with no sign of GAPPS.

I certainly wouldn't pick them over BBRY at this point, if it was a question of security.
    08-20-15 07:50 AM
    This Is The BlackBerry Android Phone, And It's A Giant Slider

Remember BlackBerry? That company that made a phone you might have used at University or as a work phone you desperately never wanted.

Well even though they never technically went away, the company could be about to make a massive comeback with the BlackBerry Android smartphone that people have been literally screaming for since the company hit tough times.
    bungaboy, La Emperor, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    08-20-15 08:18 AM
    http://www.bidnessetc.com/50637-watc...ed-smartphone/

Watch Out Apple Inc: BlackBerry Ltd Launching An Android-Based Smartphone

By: LARRY DARRELL
    Published: Aug 20, 2015 at 8:39 am EST

Long before Apple Inc.�s (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone captured the hearts of millions, it was Blackberry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) which led the way when it came to smartphones, with its traditional QWERTY keyboard supporting handsets. Fast forward and it\'s Apple which is now joined at the top with Samsung Group (NASDAQ:SSNLF), thereby successfully establishing a duopoly within the industry.

Blackberry on the other hand withered away as it failed to move itself forward with the current trends. However, the company is now trying to reclaim what it lost years ago with the upcoming Blackberry Venice. The smartphone will run on Google Inc�s (NASDAQ:GOOG) open-source Android operating system, and for those wondering how an Android phone with a Blackberry keyboard will look like, look no further. The company plans on bringing together a sliding phone to take on Apple�s iPhone 6s, along with other manufacturer�s flagship devices for this year.

Evan Blass, a fairly reliable source of leaks, has taken to Twitter to showcase a rendering of the new device. The device will run on what appears to be stock Android, and features a 16:9 display - a shift from the tiny square-like displays the previous models feature. With all respect to Blackberry, the device does look a lot like a giant remote control.

Blackberry�s solution to making the device fit in one�s pocket is to introduce a slider, even though they�re a thing of the past now and are prone to breaking. We are guessing the keyboard won�t exactly give users the Blackberry feel of old, considering its thin form factor. However, we are yet to test the device and see how it performs.

While Blackberry is yet to confirm the specs of the rumored Venice smartphone, it is reported to feature a 5.4-inch quad HD display and be powered by Qualcomm�s Snapdragon 808 processor, alongside 3GB of RAM. Given the popularity of Blackberry phones in the past, the introduction of an Android-based, QWERTY keyboard supporting smartphone might just help the company reclaim some of the market share it has lost to the likes of Apple and Samsung.
    08-20-15 08:39 AM
    OT: why do Android OEMs put up with this from Google? I get the race to the bottom, self-inflicted by android OEMs, but now Google is forcing it upon them by hand picking an OEM to introduce $88 Android One smartphones to Africa?

Official Android Blog: A step toward better mobile experiences in Africa

Posted via CB10
    Because Google is in the driver seat... and these OEM's are really just along for the ride.

Anyone could replace them as an OEM, but Microsoft and BlackBerry have proved that trying to create a "new" platform is almost impossible. So you sit in the backseat and go where ever Google wants to go.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-20-15 08:55 AM
    Well I deepened my BlackBerry sinkhole today. The prices are too good to ignore. Let's hope for some market correction to the green again

Good luck all

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    08-20-15 09:35 AM
    What the hell is happening with the sp?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-20-15 10:18 AM
113,256 ... 35103511351235133514 ...