View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm sorry if I offend anyone....

As this is a thread about BBRY/BB shares, I find it odd that BB enthusiasts are already dissing this new rumored Android device. Blackberry doesn't need to please the 1% marketshare, they need to sell phones to the masses! I get that BB10 may be a better OS but come on, let's get real... From a business standpoint, from a SP standpoint, we need this phone and it needs to do well!
    I use a Nexus 5 with pure Android and have none of the issues people are talking about here... Most problems come with other UI's running on top from Samsung, LG etc...
    Most people don't know about all the great features of BB10 so they are not gonna miss anything with a slider/android device... But they may buy the phone for Google services and KB...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-17-15 05:39 PM
    As an investor and long time supporter I agree...so long as the BB10 faithful still have the ability to purchase pure BB10 OS devices, which I'm sure they (we) will have.

Classically Posted.
    08-17-15 06:04 PM
    for all the MeltedIron fans:

more class action lawsuits?

Ryan & Maniskas, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against MobileIron, Inc. - MarketWatch

Ryan & Maniskas, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against MobileIron, Inc.

Published: Aug 17, 2015 7:00 p.m. ET

WAYNE, Pa., Aug. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Ryan & Maniskas, LLP announces that a class action lawsuit has been filed in the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Santa Clara on behalf of purchasers of common stock of MobileIron, Inc. ("MobileIron" or the "Company") MOBL, -3.84% who purchased MobileIron securities pursuant to the company's Registration Statement and Prospectus issued in connection with its initial public offering ("IPO") on June 12, 2014.

MoblieIron shareholders may move the Court for appointment as a lead plaintiff of the Class. If you purchased shares of MDC and would like to learn more about these claims or if you wish to discuss these matters and have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights, contact Richard A. Maniskas, Esquire toll-free at (877) 316-3218 or to sign up online, visit: MobileIron, Inc. (NASDAQ: MOBL) | Ryan and Maniskas LLP.

According to the complaint, MobileIron officials deceived the investing public and caused the price of its securities to be sold at artificially inflated prices. Specifically, MobileIron's Registration Statement omitted material information that was required to be disclosed�namely, that the company had recently been hacked and that its platform was vulnerable to security bugs. MobileIron went public on June 12, 2014, at $9.00 per share, and quickly traded up to close its first day of public trading at $11.02 per share. The following day, online insurance news journal PostOnline.co.uk published a story detailing that MobileIron's customer, Aviva plc, had its employees' mobile devices hacked. MobileIron was quoted as downplaying the event as an isolated incident.

Then, on June 23, 2014, a news article published by TheRegister.co.uk stated that on May 20, 2014, a hacker compromised the MobileIron administrative server and performed a "full wipe" of many of the mobile devices used by Aviva personnel. An Aviva employee revealed in the article that the breach caused the company millions in damages. In the wake of the incident, Aviva moved its impacted personnel onto a Blackberry service and entered discussions with MobileIron's reseller Esselar to cancel their contract. Despite the fact that the breach occurred weeks before MobileIron's IPO, the Offering Materials failed to disclose the breach, Aviva moving to Blackberry's services, and the likely impact that the publication of the breach would have on MobileIron's ability to secure contracts with large customers and keep customers on its perpetual licensing revenue model.

On April 22, 2015, MobileIron issued a press release announcing an inability to close multiple large deals from North American customers and a large shift by customers to its monthly subscription model, which resulted in lower billings and revenue. On the same day, the company issued another press release stating that its Chief Financial Officer was resigning. On this news, MobileIron stock fell $2.39 per share, or over 25%.

If you are a member of the class, you may request that the Court appoint you as lead plaintiff of the class. A lead plaintiff is a representative party that acts on behalf of other class members in directing the litigation. In order to be appointed lead plaintiff, the Court must determine that the class member's claim is typical of the claims of other class members, and that the class member will adequately represent the class. Under certain circumstances, one or more class members may together serve as "lead plaintiff." Your ability to share in any recovery is not, however, affected by the decision whether or not to serve as a lead plaintiff. You may retain Ryan & Maniskas, LLP or other counsel of your choice, to serve as your counsel in this action.

Ryan & Maniskas, LLP is a national shareholder litigation firm. Ryan & Maniskas, LLP is devoted to protecting the interests of individual and institutional investors in shareholder actions in state and federal courts nationwide. To learn more about the class action process, please visit: Home | Ryan and Maniskas LLP.

CONTACT: Ryan & Maniskas, LLP Richard A. Maniskas, Esquire 995 Old Eagle School Rd., Suite 311 Wayne, PA 19087 484-588-5516 877-316-3218 MobileIron, Inc. (NASDAQ: MOBL) | Ryan and Maniskas LLP [email protected]
    08-17-15 06:07 PM
    MeltedIron.....Bhahaha....good one.

Classically Posted.
    rarsen, bungaboy, zyben and 2 others like this.
    08-17-15 06:09 PM

As this is a thread about BBRY/BB shares, I find it odd that BB enthusiasts are already dissing this new rumored Android device. Blackberry doesn't need to please the 1% marketshare, they need to sell phones to the masses! I get that BB10 may be a better OS but come on, let's get real... From a business standpoint, from a SP standpoint, we need this phone and it needs to do well!
    I use a Nexus 5 with pure Android and have none of the issues people are talking about here... Most problems come with other UI's running on top from Samsung, LG etc...
    Most people don't know about all the great features of BB10 so they are not gonna miss anything with a slider/android device... But they may buy the phone for Google services and KB...

I agree with you 100%. If Blackberry can make hardware for BB10, Android and even Windows Mobile, then why not? There's something for everyone. I think it's a great idea, but I'll choose what impresses and accommodates me the most.
    awindsr, 3MIKE, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    08-17-15 06:20 PM
    08-17-15 06:32 PM
    OT:
    MOBL

New 52 week low today, btw.
    La Emperor, 3MIKE, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    08-17-15 06:40 PM
    OT:
    MOBL

LOL
    08-17-15 06:49 PM
    In Russian!

08-17-15 06:49 PM
    OT:
    MOBL

Malleable iron

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 07:02 PM
    remember when JC first came on board... and mentioned how the company was spending over a Billion PER QUARTER.....
    you think that was all to R&D, software, payroll, etc?

trying or choosing to spend on Marketing right now would have made those death bed rumours come true, and there would be no BB today.

marketing objective for BB right now would be like pissing in the wind.... jmo
    I agree. BlackBerry spent a lot on BB10, from acquisitions to actual R&D, to manufacturing. Frankly, after the PlayBook "with no email" fiasco, BB10 never had a chance with a new phone. BlackBerry would've needed Samsung's or Apple's marketing budget just to repair the brand. The market never gave BlackBerry or BB10 a chance.

To answer Hende Nicolas' Henry Ford quote, today, BlackBerry would probably have to go back to 2012 levels of R&D just to revive BB10 and play catch up again. BlackBerry would have to upgrade Cascades to Qt5.x just to get BB10 back on a current and supported version of Qt and to get up to the level of Qt currently supported by QNX Car2. Cross-platform development tools such as Unity (Gameloft games) and others will have to be updated to current version levels and everything has to be debugged as well. Then they would have to restart developer relations since all existing native apps will probably no longer work or have to be tweaked to work on the updated platforms. Oh, and because this is BlackBerry, time and money will have to be spent re-certifying the new OS with all the various governments. Note too that the certification costs are incurred with EACH MAJOR OS revision that i don't think any other manufacturer routinely incurs! That is a lot of money that has to be spent BEFORE attempting to relaunch BB10 with a marketing program. It would be highly doubtful that 3rd party developers take time and money back porting apps and games to unsupported platforms such as Qt4.x or the version of Unity that BB10 currently supports.

So yes, I believe in BlackBerry's case, BlackBerry is saving a ton of money not promoting BB10 phones. I'm not happy with it, but I'm okay with it because of their current situation and recent past.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 07:11 PM

No offense taken here. But, until we see and experience it, wouldn't the "Blackberry Experience" UI just be another add-on UI like Samsung's and LG's? Many of the die-hard BlackBerry enthusiasts also place high value on consumer privacy which to date has not been addressed by anyone talking about Android or Google Play. So what about security if our Android based BlackBerries start sending who knows what to Google and others that we don't know or authorize?

BB10 doesn't need an antivirus app, but BlackBerry and Trend Micro scan all the apps ahead of time for us. Does Android or Google do that? How about the major exploits that have been in the news in the past two weeks alone? Stagefright with a patch that may not work? Why do we want to be exposed to that?

Yes, the 8x% of Android users may look at the slider, but what do you want to bet that we'll be quickly be hit over the head with "thought I wanted a PKB, but I was wrong RIP BlackBerry." or "BlackBerry is **** because I cant root it!" Or "I can't load Cyanogenmod on it." or "Too little too late?"

If the slider brings a recovery that can then be channeled back into real BB10 development great. I'm all for it. If not, I'll gladly stay under my rock that is BB10.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 07:30 PM
    Malleable iron

Posted via CB10
    On the way to becoming . . . Pig Iron!
    08-17-15 07:58 PM
    OT: Is this where Zyben gets his photos of ladies with BlackBerry Phones?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-tarts.jpg
    08-17-15 08:46 PM
    [QUOTE=Corbu;11862315]OT:
    Samsung's new phones fall flat, shares sink to 10-month low - BNN News[QUOTE]

This plus HTC...

And BlackBerry is 'potentially' entering the Adenoid OEM field - looking for that (elusive) success.

Fingers Crossed.

 Q5 / Z30
    08-17-15 08:57 PM
    08-17-15 09:01 PM

Work Your Way � Work Secure by Mackenzie Health (60 sec)

08-17-15 09:38 PM
    08-18-15 06:54 AM
    08-18-15 08:52 AM
    Ot: but good reading material. BBM money!

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom.../#.VdM_DmopDbM
    zyben, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    08-18-15 09:23 AM
    OT Alert:

Hey everyone...I've been reading regularly as usual with my BlackBerry holdings but have been waiting for an entry point to HALO...is today perhaps the right day? It's been yo-yo-ing recently and today being hammered with no obvious news...M+8...any thoughts?

Best to all!

Posted via CB10

OT ALERT !!

Sorry for the delay, I have been following this thread but not at home to answer questions on my PC.

Whether you are invested in BBRY or HALO, these stocks are down on very light, summertime volumes now, and in both cases, look very cheap in here. HALO is trading near its base of $ 19.00/shr and about to close above its 3-ema on excellent news in their recent Q. Look at how light the volumes are, each stock moves several cents on a buy/sell, a great time to load up and wait for September. For HALO $ 19.00 looks like the base for this sell-off with the IBB Index starting to turn up again today. I like how BBRY is holding $ 7.50/shr, it drops back and spends the balance of the day regaining its moderate loss. I will be fully invested before the end of this month. Good luck.
    Corbu, zyben, La Emperor and 17 others like this.
    08-18-15 10:00 AM
    OT: Bombardier Class 4 Preferred shares are trading at only $7.60. These come with an annual dividend of $1.56. That's over 20%!!! Assuming they don't go bankrupt.....

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, zyben, morganplus8 and 9 others like this.
    08-18-15 10:02 AM
    OT: Is this where Zyben gets his photos of ladies with BlackBerry Phones?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Tarts.JPG 
Views:	1794 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	367258
    Those photos randomly attach themselves to my posts.

Who am i to complain
    08-18-15 10:22 AM
    Large Inflow of Money Witnessed in BlackBerry Limited | Insider Trading Report

Large Inflow of Money Witnessed in BlackBerry Limited

Haley Summers/ August 18, 2015

Shares of BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) saw an erosion of -0.04 points in recent session. During the trading, the value of each share was $7.62, dropping -0.52%. The shares saw high fund-flow as the composite value of all the upticks was $2.43 million and the total value of all the downticks was a mere $1.84 million. The net money flow was seen at $0.59 million and the up/down ratio was measured at 1.32. On a weekly basis the shares of the shares have recorded a change of -0.52%.The block trade which occurred today had $0.36 million in upticks and $0.33 million in downticks with the up/down ratio climbing to 1.09. $0.03 million was the net money flow of the block transaction.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-untitled1.png

BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY): According to 19 Analysts, The short term target price has been estimated at $ 9.54.The target price could deviate by a maximum of $2.11 from the forecast price. In the near term, the target price could hit a high of $14 and a low of $ 6. Many analysts have commented on the company rating. In a research note released to the investors, Morgan Stanley upgrades its rating on BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY). Investors must note that the brokerage house has a Equal-weight rating on the shares of the company. Previously, the company had a rating of Underweight . The Brokerage Firm maintains its price target at $7 per share on the company. The rating by the firm was issued on July 28, 2015.

The company shares have dropped -21.52% from its 1 Year high price. On Jan 14, 2015, the shares registered one year high at $12.63 and the one year low was seen on Jul 27, 2015. The 50-Day Moving Average price is $7.78 and the 200 Day Moving Average price is recorded at $9.35.

Shares of BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) ended Monday session in red amid volatile trading. The shares closed down 0.02 points or 0.26% at $7.64 with 3,228,827 shares getting traded. Post opening the session at $7.62, the shares hit an intraday low of $7.55 and an intraday high of $7.6901 and the price vacillated in this range throughout the day. The company has a market cap of $4,003 million and the number of outstanding shares have been calculated to be 523,978,000 shares. The 52-week high of BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) is $12.63 and the 52-week low is $7.1501.

BlackBerry Limited, formerly Research In Motion Limited, is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. Through the development of integrated hardware, software and services, it provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to information, including e-mail, voice, instant messaging, short message service (SMS), Internet and intranet-based applications and browsing. The Companys technology also enables an array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services through software development kits, wireless connectivity to data and third-party support programs. In September 2014, the Company acquired Movirtu, provider of virtual identity solutions for mobile operators that allows multiple numbers to be active on single device.
    08-18-15 10:39 AM
    Top FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS CAN 8 Positions in Q2 2015 - Octafinance

Top FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS CAN 8 Positions in Q2 2015

08/18/2015 by HedgeFundsTracker

Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd Can Holdings Analysis

Prem Watsa�s Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd Can just filed its quarterly 13F. Dated 18/08/2015, the 13f filing shows the hedge fund has a portfolio value of $1.36 billion, representing a decrease of $56.00 million from the previous quarter when it was $1.42 billion. Note: This filling reprents only assets that which are listed in the US.

New Stocks

During this quarter, Prem Watsa�s Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd Can new positions included Polypore International Inc (PPO) for $2.04 million, Lumenis Ltd (LMNS) for $1.03 million, Catamaran Corp (CTRX) for $1.01 million, Wendys Co (WEN) for $600,000 and Omnivision Technologies Inc (OVTI) for $498,000. These were the 5 biggest new positions. In total the hedge fund bought 8 new stocks.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-fairfax-financial-holdings-ltd-can-top-5-new-buys-00006305.png

Increased Positions

The hedge fund didn�t report any upped holdings in this quarter.

Sold Holdings

Prem Watsa�s fund got rid of its stakes in Talisman Energy Inc (TLM) and Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd (TRQ). These stocks constituted 0.03% and 0.01% of the portfolio, respectively. We can only speculate about the reasons for the selling but we believe it has to do with either value, momentum or a better place for Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd Can�s capital.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-fairfax-financial-holdings-ltd-can-top-5-sold-all-00006305.png

Reduced Positions

The fund also decreased its postitons in Dresser (DRC) by -75.31% and Old Republic Intl Corporation (ORI) by -44.44%.

Top 5 Positions

Blackberry Limited (BBRY), Resolute Forest Products Inc (RFP) and Intl Business Machs Corp (IBM) made up the majority of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd Can�s total US long portfolio in this quarter. These securities were top 3 and constitute 68.17% of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd Can�s US-listed securities. The top 10 securities make about 97.43% of the 13F reported portfolio.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-table-top-5-holdings-00006305.png

It seems Prem Watsa �s Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd Can holds concentrated portfolio. We wonder do they believe, same as many legendary traders, that diversification is wrong strategy? The picture above provides an overview of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd Can�s top 10 US-listed holdings in this quarter.

Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd Can upped the finance sector from 3% to 19%. According to the 13f filing, the active investment manager also has securities for 1% in the utilities & telecommunications sector. The health care sector is 1% of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd Can�s 13F US-listed securities. The fund decreased the Materials, Energy and Information Technology sector holdings by 24%, 29% and 73%, respectively.

So these are Q2 2015 fund�s sector weights now: information technology 44% for $600.11 million, materials 24% for $327.33 million, finance 19% for $259.14 million, energy 5% for $68.19 million, consumer discretionary 5% for $68.19 million, utilities & telecommunications 1% for $13.64 million and health care 1% for $13.64 million.

Important Position Changes

Top 10 Q2 2015 New Positions: Polypore International Inc (PPO), Lumenis Ltd (LMNS), Catamaran Corp (CTRX), Wendys Co (WEN), Omnivision Technologies Inc (OVTI), Biglari Holdings Inc (BH), Advent Software Inc (ADVS) and Geeknet Inc (GKNT).

Top 10 Q2 2015 Sold Out Completely: Talisman Energy Inc (TLM) and Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd (TRQ).

Download the full 13F form in CSV: Q2-2015-Fairfax-Financial-Holdings-Ltd-Can-Prem-Watsa-13F-Portfolio-Stock-Holdings.csv
    Research more ONTARIO � CANADA hedge funds in our free database. Read �What is a Hedge Fund� at our Hedge Funds resource page.
    13F Filing Link: 000110465915059818

08-18-15 10:52 AM
113,256 ... 35083509351035113512 ...