View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just wanted to add, being that I'm reading other posts in CB where people are criticizing BB for getting in the Android space when giants like HTC are falling and basically BB wont be able to sell android phones....

The thing is, as I mentioned before, all these Android manufacturers are not providing anything "different".... they are merely the same type of device amongst themselves.... hence the carnage and the race to come out with some non-value added feature to try and woo the customer before the next guy begins to offer it. When it comes to these cheesy features, each of the main manufacturers are just months away from each other and that is it... So basically setting themselves up for failure.

This reminds me of the question: "What is the definition of Insanity?"

Then there is BB.

BB (imo), has a distinctive "competitive advantage" type feature..... that all the others cannot replicate no matter what.... And that is Security.

Mobile security is coming to the forefront now, making more headlines, Laws being discussed to be put in place, etc.... it will get to the point where every Android manufacturer will want the BB secret sauce...
    08-13-15 11:18 AM
    08-13-15 11:23 AM
    Keep your windows rolled up. Just fumigated.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-258_troll_spray.jpg

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    rarsen, cjcampbell, zyben and 21 others like this.
    08-13-15 12:42 PM
    I work in the service station industry. The article is somewhat misleading. Hackers could potentially shut down a station or change alarms at a tank monitor. But an overfill causing spills are a bit iffy. There are several safeguards in place to prevent it. Changing labels on gas pumps to get the wrong grade of gas is only possible on the newer dispensers on the market. I don't know of any way to do that remotely even for us, much less a hacker. Most older dispensers they could only change prices remotely, and that's after hacking into the point of sale device. Labels and fuel dispensed would be the same regardless.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 01:03 PM
    08-13-15 02:02 PM
    Short Interest News: Fitbit Inc (FIT), Netflix, Inc. (NFLX), BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY), Facebook Inc (FB)

Short Interest News: Fitbit Inc (FIT), Netflix, Inc. (NFLX), BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY), Facebook Inc (FB)

Bidness Etc sheds light on the latest short interest data for Fitbit, Netflix, Blackberry, and Facebook

By: Larry Darrell
    Published: Aug 13, 2015 at 12:10 pm EST

BlackBerry

The latest short interest on BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) stock stands at 105 million shares, down from 105.2 million shares on July 15. The current short interest constitutes 21.8% of the total number of shares outstanding. BBRY's short interest ratio has risen from 10.89 to 14.99.

Faced with intense competition from Apple Inc.�s (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone and phones operating on Google Inc�s (NASDAQ:GOOGL) Android, BlackBerry has seen a decline in its sales as well as market share. The Canadian smartphone maker is lately shifting its focus to software from traditional dependence on Hardware. The company is also following a cost-cutting strategy that has aided profitability. Analysts say that there is significant opportunity to increase cash balance via layoffs and reallocation of resources.

BlackBerry�s recent initiatives could have evoked a positive outlook towards the stock, forcing short sellers to take the backseat.

sidhuk, rarsen, 3MIKE and 9 others like this.
    08-13-15 02:43 PM
    OT>
    more job cuts in the mobile world...

Lenovo will lay off 3200 employees and entrust Motorola with the smartphone making, following a disappointing financial quarter

Lenovo will lay off 3200 employees and entrust Motorola with the smartphone making, following a disappointing financial quarter
    Posted: 13 Aug 2015, 03:04, by Luis D.
    08-13-15 02:47 PM
    not sure if this video was posted before... quick video

Secusmart SecuTABLET by Blackberry Hands On (english)

08-13-15 03:01 PM
    Primecap adds 4.3M shares, now has 68.3M shares
    See the pic of the most recent fact sheet for one of their funds that owns BBRY, it is in top 10 and also note outperformance of the fund vs. S&P
    See link and click on fact sheet
    http://primecap.com/funds/aggressive_growth_fund.html

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 366687
    Last edited by kadakn01; 08-13-15 at 05:54 PM.
    08-13-15 03:03 PM
    Wonder how this went:

https://www.cloudsec.com/hk/

CLOUDSEC Hong Kong 2015

"Expect the UnExpected"

Date: Aug 11, 2015
    Time: 08:40 AM to 05:00 PM
    Venue: Room S221 Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Center, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
    Address: Harbour Road, Wanchai

Secure Mobile Communication
    Speaker: J�rg Goronzy, Chief Sales Officer, SECUSMART

Secure Mobile Communication

The high profile phone-hacking scandals of NSA and co have indicated that the needs for high-tech security are more necessary than ever. As the global expert in tap-proof mobile communication covering smartphones, landlines and telephone conferences, Secusmart protects the German government's smartphones from eavesdropping, as well as the smartphones of many governments and security agencies worldwide. Join this session to find out more about the advanced technology approved for NATO Restricted security level information.
    08-13-15 03:18 PM
    Sorry kadakn01, as unable to read your attachment on my Desktop on Internet Explorer or on Chrome. Om the Passport it doen't even appear??

Primecap adds 4.3M shares, now has 68.3M shares
    See the pic of the most recent fact sheet for one of their funds that owns BBRY, it is in top 10 and also note outperformance of the fund vs. S&P
    Posted via CB10
    Attachment 366687
    08-13-15 04:03 PM
    Wow this is crazy

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, zyben, awindsr and 1 others like this.
    08-13-15 05:37 PM
    check this juicy tidbit for all the MeltedIron fans:

Robbins Arroyo LLP: MobileIron, Inc. (MOBL) Misled Shareholders According to a Recently Filed Class Action - MarketWatch

Robbins Arroyo LLP: MobileIron, Inc. (MOBL) Misled Shareholders According to a Recently Filed Class Action

Published: Aug 13, 2015 7:20 p.m. ET

SAN DIEGO and MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug, 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Shareholder rights law firm Robbins Arroyo LLP announces that a federal securities fraud class action complaint was filed in the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Santa Clara. The complaint alleges that officers and directors of MobileIron, Inc. (nasdaqgs:MOBL) violated the Securities Act of 1933 by making materially false and misleading statements about MobileIron's business prospects. The class action is filed on behalf of those who purchased MobileIron securities pursuant to the company's Registration Statement and Prospectus issued in connection with its initial public offering ("IPO") on June 12, 2014. MobileIron provides a purpose-built mobile IT platform that enables enterprises to secure and manage mobile applications, content, and devices while providing their employees with device choice, privacy, and a native user experience.

View this information on the law firm's Shareholder Rights Blog: Class Action Filed Against MobileIron, Inc. on Behalf of Shareholders | Robbins Arroyo LLP

MobileIron Fails to Disclose Major Security Breach

According to the complaint, MobileIron officials deceived the investing public and caused the price of its securities to be sold at artificially inflated prices. Specifically, MobileIron's Registration Statement omitted material information that was required to be disclosed�namely, that the company had recently been hacked and that its platform was vulnerable to security bugs. MobileIron went public on June 12, 2014, at $9.00 per share, and quickly traded up to close its first day of public trading at $11.02 per share. The following day, online insurance news journal PostOnline.co.uk published a story detailing that MobileIron's customer, Aviva plc, had its employees' mobile devices hacked. MobileIron was quoted as downplaying the event as an isolated incident.

Then, on June 23, 2014, a news article published by TheRegister.co.uk stated that on May 20, 2014, a hacker compromised the MobileIron administrative server and performed a "full wipe" of many of the mobile devices used by Aviva personnel. An Aviva employee revealed in the article that the breach caused the company millions in damages. In the wake of the incident, Aviva moved its impacted personnel onto a Blackberry service and entered discussions with MobileIron's reseller Esselar to cancel their contract. Despite the fact that the breach occurred weeks before MobileIron's IPO, the Offering Materials failed to disclose the breach, Aviva moving to Blackberry's services, and the likely impact that the publication of the breach would have on MobileIron's ability to secure contracts with large customers and keep customers on its perpetual licensing revenue model.

On April 22, 2015, MobileIron issued a press release announcing an inability to close multiple large deals from North American customers and a large shift by customers to its monthly subscription model, which resulted in lower billings and revenue. On the same day, the company issued another press release stating that its Chief Financial Officer was resigning. On this news, MobileIron stock fell $2.39 per share, or over 25%.

MobileIron Shareholders Have Legal Options

Concerned shareholders who would like more information about their rights and potential remedies can contact attorney Darnell R. Donahue at (800) 350-6003, [email protected], or via the shareholder information form on the firm's website.

Robbins Arroyo LLP is a nationally recognized leader in shareholder rights law. The firm represents individual and institutional investors in shareholder derivative and securities class action lawsuits, and has helped its clients realize more than $1 billion of value for themselves and the companies in which they have invested.

Attorney Advertising. Past results do not guarantee a similar outcome.

Darnell R. Donahue
    Robbins Arroyo LLP
    600 B Street, Suite 1900
    San Diego, CA 92101
    [email protected]
    (619) 525-3990 or Toll Free (800) 350-6003
    www.robbinsarroyo.com
    kadakn01, bungaboy, Corbu and 14 others like this.
    08-13-15 06:54 PM
    08-13-15 07:03 PM
    Damn, son

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 07:48 PM
    Damn, son

Posted via CB10
    Did you sire him?
    zyben likes this.
    08-13-15 08:28 PM
    OT:

Day 1 with my Classic! Wow!!!

I forgot how much I missed the pkb & trackpad!

I truly believe if this was the first BB10 device released instead of the Z10, bbry market share would be much higher (even if still a distant #3)

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    08-13-15 11:43 PM
    Hi guys, been away for a while busy with some big projects. Can anyone just give me a quick update.

I am basically trying to catch up on news since the earnings announcement in June. I noticed the stock price is at 7.60 and couldn't help but think maybe there was some bad news along the way.

Just a quick summary would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    bugs2011 likes this.
    08-14-15 01:28 AM
    Hi guys, been away for a while busy with some big projects. Can anyone just give me a quick update.

I am basically trying to catch up on news since the earnings announcement in June. I noticed the stock price is at 7.60 and couldn't help but think maybe there was some bad news along the way.

Just a quick summary would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think there's anything newsworthy, besides the AtHoc acquisition and now HTC and Lenovo cutting jobs as they're not making money in hardware any longer.. Lenovo is even outsourcing their hardware to Motorola so BlackBerry seems to be ahead of other money-losing competitors

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 03:53 AM
    http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-tar...keyboard-case/

I wonder if BlackBerry is getting licensing fees for this? Otherwise, it could be bad news if not using BBRY IP. (unless Samsung somehow recreates the market?!?)

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    08-14-15 05:48 AM
    OT: Related Technology

Was just reading a bit about Samsung pay. Wonder if this is result of collaboration between Samsung and BlackBerry ? If not maybe they will share this tech going forward ?

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/pho...o-know-1301796

Posted via CB10
    zyben, sidhuk and awindsr like this.
    08-14-15 06:25 AM
    http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-tar...keyboard-case/

I wonder if BlackBerry is getting licensing fees for this? Otherwise, it could be bad news if not using BBRY IP. (unless Samsung somehow recreates the market?!?)

An ugly add-on keyboard made by Samsung is the best marketing BlackBerry could ask for its upcoming Slider :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 06:42 AM
    Samsung targets BlackBerry owners with Galaxy Note 5 keyboard case - CNET

Samsung's $80 Keyboard Cover for the Galaxy Note 5 won't help you text faster.

Samsung's $80 Keyboard Cover for the Galaxy Note 5 won't help you text faster
    08-14-15 06:57 AM
    Samsung Emphasizes Security, Productivity in Latest Enterprise Push - The CIO Report - WSJ

Samsung Electronics Co. is betting on an improved security platform, two new mobile devices and stronger partnerships with application developers as it competes with Apple Inc. and other firms to snag more enterprise customers. The company wants to convince everyday consumers its devices are flexible for both personal and business use, while selling CIOs on performance, security and the ability to integrate with existing systems.

The company on Thursday rolled out the Galaxy S6 Edge+, a large-screen version of its curved-screen Galaxy S6 handset launched in April, as well as the Galaxy Note 5, the fifth iteration of its oversized smartphone that offers a pen-like stylus. Both will accommodate a detachable keyboard, a feature intended to boost worker productivity.

Samsung and its competitors are trying to seize business from the growing number of mobile devices in the workplace, many of which employees buy and bring to work themselves. The responsibility increasingly falls on the CIO to create policies and procedures to make sure those devices are secure while also allowing employees to be productive.

The company faces increasing competition from Apple, Microsoft Corp., Hewlett-Packard Co. and others selling mobile products to the enterprise. Thursday’s announcement comes as Apple is making a charge at CIOs to revive six straight quarters of falling iPad sales and make the tablets more compelling for workers.

Samsung has been losing market share since Apple released iPhones with bigger screens last year. Strategy Analytics told the Journal that Samsung’s market share fell to 21.2% in the second quarter, while Apple and Chinese competitors like Huawei Technologies Co. gained ground. Samsung’s new devices look to more directly challenge Apple, which is also positioning itself for a greater enterprise push. “By bringing out a larger version of the S6 Edge, Samsung is trying to compete with Apple more effectively in that space,” Daniel Gleeson, a senior analyst at IHS Technology, told the Journal on Thursday.

On the security front, Samsung touted its “defense-grade” Knox platform and its recently announced plans to release Android security patches on a monthly basis. The company has worked to make sure Knox meets security standards for the federal government, and is pushing into regulated industries like finance and health care. It also is partnering with mobile device management vendors to help CIOs manage Samsung devices inside their companies.

Vendor partnerships will also play a role in determining Samsung’s future in the enterprise. The company shares its software development kits with many corporate technology vendors, allowing them to write APIs specific to Samsung products. Earlier this year, the company partnered with Red Hat Inc. to support enterprise application development and deployment. The two are working to create industry-specific apps, such as one that manages patient data, which Samsung then could sell to health care providers.
    08-14-15 08:05 AM
    Samsung's $80 Keyboard Cover for the Galaxy Note 5 won't help you text faster.

Samsung's $80 Keyboard Cover for the Galaxy Note 5 won't help you text faster
    Since Samsung obviously feels there is a market for keyboard phones, maybe when their keyboard add-on flops, they'll seek to acquire BlackBerry! This could just be the trial run LOL

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic AND Passport!!!
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    08-14-15 08:43 AM
113,256 ... 35043505350635073508 ...