View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    After reading reviews on Glassdoor, it's unfortunate, but seems evident Chen is killing the BlackBerry that was, in a negative way. Seems as though he's prepping the company for a sale. Sad day.

http://www.glassdoor.ca/GD/Reviews/B...Status=UNKNOWN

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-11-15 12:42 PM
    After reading reviews on Glassdoor, it's unfortunate, but seems evident Chen is killing the BlackBerry that was, in a negative way. Seems as though he's prepping the company for a sale. Sad day.

BlackBerry Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Posted via CB10
    make sure that you drink lots of electrolytes. since it is sad day, crying can be dehydrating. thanks for the news.
    08-11-15 01:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Speaking of pure antidotal evidence and hearsay, I personally recieved a message, written to me, from my fortune cookie and it stated that I was about to come into a fortune, so these things tend to balance themselves out don't they.
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 10 others like this.
    08-11-15 01:23 PM
    OT: HALO

Damn what a reversal but i'm sure this fall is attributed to people taking profits after a hefty run. Wish my funds weren't tied up elsewhere because HALO at $20 is very attractive

PS: M8 if you not busy any expectations for SPHS?
    I'm struggling to reduce the number of OT posts today, but the trading activity on HALO is absolutely wild.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-chart-8.11.15-3-.png

I'd love to hear any remotely logical explanation of the SP action from Morgan, maybe after trading hours (to educate us on how the market makes absolutely NO sense sometimes and to better prepare us how to trade BBRY).
    08-11-15 01:31 PM
    OT: HALO

Damn what a reversal but i'm sure this fall is attributed to people taking profits after a hefty run. Wish my funds weren't tied up elsewhere because HALO at $20 is very attractive

PS: M8 if you not busy any expectations for SPHS?
    I promised myself that I would steer clear of talking about "other investments" this time around but I must say, HALO came out with some spectacular numbers in terms of potential partnerships on all deals signed, something close to $ 2 billion bucks in 100% margins if everyone works towards their drug development program goals. That and the fact that they can do deals like these 10 times over in the quaters ahead, very nice indeed. I would think a fund is selling out today, this usually happens when there is a well known news release/event day upon us. If it pops back up on light volume, the average of their sales indicates they are likely done.

As for SPHS - I don't have much to think about here, I just want to see them trim costs on what I would call an unnecessary trial program. Other than that, I hope they release an interim update on their studies so far.

BBRY - I think the stock is building a very nice base here, the market sucks, no one saw China devaluing their currency and a stronger US dollar is not in our best interest. These are the dog days of summer, not many are at work trading stock until the end of this month so you will see many strange things happen througout the trading day. I tend to ignore moves made in August.

Best of luck all!
    08-11-15 01:37 PM
    "...Essentially, we�ve discovered a backdoor hidden in recent versions of BlackBerry Password Keeper allowing us to decrypt the content of that app instantly without brute-forcing the master password..."

http://blog.elcomsoft.com/2015/08/bl...eper-backdoor/

Ouch?

Posted via CB10
    First BlackBerry 10 backups are not encrypted by default.
    - you need to specify this,
    - you have to have signed in with BBID,
    - BES admin encrypted your data on the device before even getting to Link.

Second this isn't really a back door is it? Their using the backups which means access to the computer system, File are (if enabled), and/or security access, and finally Admin rights to install and run such program of their own. I see a lot of work just to get to BlackBerry Password Manager.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, awindsr, zyben and 2 others like this.
    08-11-15 01:42 PM
    I'm struggling to reduce the number of OT posts today, but the trading activity on HALO is absolutely wild.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HALO Chart - 8.11.15 (3).PNG 
Views:	1815 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	366365

I'd love to hear any remotely logical explanation of the SP action from Morgan, maybe after trading hours (to educate us on how the market makes absolutely NO sense sometimes and to better prepare us how to trade BBRY).
    I will say, as mentioned in my other message a few minutes ago, that the dip in the price of the stock looked like a fund selling and the bids backed up for it. The size of the sale was large enough that they broke the back on the buy side. If you see all of that stock coming, you pull your bids and take it up at lower levels, this appears to be what happened. The fact that we are much higher off the lows tells me this is the case. I can't believe we could get such great news and then be able to buy HALO under $ 19.00/shr and below its RSI=30 level. What a steal. Let's see how it finishes today as the DOW looks terrible.
    jxnb, La Emperor, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    08-11-15 01:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Something to remember is that most people who do online ratings do so because they are upset. The happy people tend not to say anything. So although I appreciate the information and will take it into consideration, I will take it with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the find

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 02:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    And you think it would be different working under the late Steve Jobs. Here's a comment I lifted from another site.

" I lived in Silicon Valley for over 20 years, and everyone who encountered Jobs had similar stories to tell. He not only treated his employees badly, but waitresses, food servers, bartenders, etc, or anyone else for that matter. The valley was full of stories about his ego and how he denigrated people. It was his ego that killed him in the end, since he refused to undergo surgery that would have saved his life and instead opted for his own remedy of herbs & diet to cure his cancer. His enormous ego told him that he knew more than the doctors, surgeons, and medical experts! By the time he realized his 'Magical Thinking' wasn't working it was too late! Jobs may or may not have been a genius but he was definitely an ***! "

So would you also conclude that Jobs was preparing to sell the company at the time.?

What it was like to work at Apple under Steve Jobs - Business Insider
    08-11-15 02:47 PM
    Did Mr BBRY jinx it? But seriously....doesn't anyone have an idea what the stock is worth? 25% swing in the same trading day after ER? Sounds like BBRY.
    08-11-15 03:00 PM
    Short interest as of July 31 is unchanged (down 140K shares) so still at 105M

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 03:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Here is an interesting exercise, organize the reviews by date, and you will see essentially all 5 stars in 2008. Let's see if that was indicative of future value?
    One said "No better place to be"

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 03:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    We are curious . . . in what round did you lose your job?
    08-11-15 04:39 PM

Posted via CB10

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cmfrpjpucaadrnc.jpg

Whoa Whoa Whoa ...pull that speeding negative train in here buddy.

Classically Posted.
    08-11-15 05:45 PM
    Interesting... sorry for the brute link guys. SAP and BES12.
    https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=...sap-fiori-apps

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 05:58 PM
    Interesting... sorry for the brute link guys. SAP and BES12.
    https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=...sap-fiori-apps

Posted via CB10
    Tanks SF.

Here's the un-brute link.

BlackBerry Secure Work Space for iOS and Android – Now Starring 8 SAP Fiori Apps

BlackBerry Secure Work Space for iOS & Android Starring 8 SAP Fiori Apps | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    08-11-15 06:05 PM
    "Charlie Miller, one of the security researchers who uncovered the vulnerability described in this Fact Check, has publicly confirmed that the vulnerability �doesn�t have anything to do with QNX security�. Case closed."

UPDATED: QNX Neutrino OS: Far from the Hack. #BBFactCheck is setting the record straight for Seeking Alpha. | Inside BlackBerry

08-11-15 06:27 PM
    On that same topic, an additional comment which won't be a surprise to us:

08-11-15 08:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Who the f vk reads "glassdoor"?

I guess those that live in glass houses who like throwing stones....

Capisce ?
    zyben, 3MIKE, awindsr and 4 others like this.
    08-11-15 09:11 PM
    Are there going to be any announcements by BlackBerry or analysts about the company anytime soon? Because every time I plan on purchasing more stock the price rockets up.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 08:08 AM
    "Charlie Miller, one of the security researchers who uncovered the vulnerability described in this Fact Check, has publicly confirmed that the vulnerability �doesn�t have anything to do with QNX security�. Case closed."

UPDATED: QNX Neutrino OS: Far from the Hack. #BBFactCheck is setting the record straight for Seeking Alpha. | Inside BlackBerry

Regardless, the fact remains that any apps running on top can cause a security problem, so is there a big benefit to QNX security?

Posted via CB10
    sati01 likes this.
    08-12-15 08:14 AM
    08-12-15 08:24 AM
    Regardless, the fact remains that any apps running on top can cause a security problem, so is there a big benefit to QNX security?

Posted via CB10

QNX is more reliable than the other systems when no hacking involved.
    As for the apps, let BlackBerry design the apps and the system. BlackBerry is known to secure end to end communication and is most successful by for from the other end to end secure system.
    The last couple lines of the attached picture points a very important capability of the QNX.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1439387928096_707313.png

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 09:02 AM
    On this same topic:

It would have been nice for Seeking Alpha's "credibility" for them to include not only the note that BlackBerry asked to be inserted but also Charlie Miller's message regarding the fact that the hack had nothing to do with QNX security...

Just sayin'...
    08-12-15 09:20 AM
    To be clear (again)...the hack had nothing to do with QNX, it had everything to do with OEM architecture linking aspects through the CANbus.

Classically Posted.
    08-12-15 09:21 AM
113,256 ... 35023503350435053506 ...