View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sorry if posted before.

Not smartphone: BlackBerry's Android Secured website is all about Android security, management

Not smartphone: BlackBerry's Android Secured website is all about Android security, management - Firstpost

Android is no rival, but business for BlackBerry, and it was quite clear last month when the Canadian smartphone maker purchased couple of domain names -- AndroidSecured.net and AndroidSecured.com, fuelling speculations that the company might get into making Android smartphone.

Several blog posts claimed that the company may build a device powered by Google's Android platform. There were reports doing rounds that BlackBerry is working on an Android smartphone, codenamed Venice.

That time BlackBerry chose to remain silent on the speculation. However, the company -- which is making good bucks from its software services -- has shared something concrete on its Android plans.

BlackBerry has finally used the domains by launching Android Secured -- a website that offers details on management and updates on security of Android handsets.

It’s no secret that we’re in the business of managing and securing Android smartphones and tablets. The proliferation of the Android platform at home and at work is staggering, presenting unique challenges for businesses looking to get consistent productivity and IT departments looking to mitigate security risks, BlackBerry said in its blog post.

"Solving these challenges is something that we’re passionate about; and with Secure Work Space, Android for Work support, and Samsung KNOX management capabilities made possible by BES12, we can really put our money where our mouth is."

"To that end we’ve recently launched the Android Secured hub for fresh news and updates on all things Android security and Android management," Luke Reimer, senior marketing manager at BlackBerry, said.

Through this announcement, BlackBerry has made it crystal clear that the website is not related to the company making Android smartphone.
    08-07-15 09:47 AM
    OT:

On another note, I wonder why HALO has been getting hammered the last couple days...now at $20.70 and other than announcing that they are undergoing further testing on PEGPH20 patients, I can't find another reason for the slide. Perhaps th new study will cost HALO a lot of cash?
    08-07-15 10:41 AM
    Halo - quarter results on Monday. Perhaps some leaked information?
    08-07-15 11:02 AM
    OT:

On another note, I wonder why HALO has been getting hammered the last couple days...now at $20.70 and other than announcing that they are undergoing further testing on PEGPH20 patients, I can't find another reason for the slide. Perhaps th new study will cost HALO a lot of cash?
    HALO is part of the IBB Index and that index was sold hard on Thursday breaking below its 50-dma. Today that index is again selling off and at its lows for the day. A basket of stocks are sold when this happens and those with the largest gains are hit the hardest of the group. Follow the IBB Index to know when the general sell-off could affect your stock. Note that many of the biotechs that didn't rally aren't taking part in the sell-off now. HALO is creating a huge buying op today with the IBB Index getting close to over sold now. That's why I have said to not buy more of HALO at $ 23 - $ 24 because it is part of a larger index that is subject to profit taking throughout the summer. Earnings on Monday will right size the stock again.
    08-07-15 11:09 AM
    Thanks Morgan, I did notice the IBB index after I posted my note and also feel this is a great time to pick up a bit more stock.

Have a great weekend!
    morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    08-07-15 11:35 AM
    OT:

The biotech sector is getting hit hard as a whole. I don't think this is a result of anything specific to HALO. I am wondering about ACAD however. The market doesn't seem to like their ER. I believe there is concern that they might not have enough capital to bring Nuplazid to market.

Morgan, I hope you are having a great summer and would appreciate your thoughts on these companies when you have time to respond.
    zyben likes this.
    08-07-15 11:46 AM
    OT Security: You may recall that back in April, BlackBerry announced they were issuing PKI certificates to over 104 million smart meters in the UK and home energy management devices that conform to the ZigBee Smart Energy specifications. Now this comes out:

Researchers find major security flaw with ZigBee smart home devices
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/07/z...security-flaw/

Manufacturers of smart home devices using the ZigBee standard are aiming for convenience at the expense of security, according to researchers from the Austrian security firm Cognosec. By making it easier to have smart home devices talk to each other, many companies also open up a major vulnerability with ZigBeee that could allow hackers to control your smart devices. And that could be a problem if you rely on things like smart locks or a connected alarm system for home security. Specifically, Cognosec found that ZigBee's reliance on an insecure key link with smart devices opens the door for hackers to spoof those devices and potentially gain control of your connected home.

"Tests with light bulbs, motion sensors, temperature sensors and even door locks have also shown that the vendors of the tested devices implemented the minimum of the features required to be certified," Cognosec's Tobias Zillner writes. Even worse, he points out that there's no way for consumers to make their smart devices more secure. In the end, he blames the push for ZigBee to be easy to use as the big reason why companies have been lax with security.

For anyone who's had worries about the vulnerability of the connected home, Cognosec's findings basically present the worst case scenario for ZigBee. Since it affects a wide variety of devices, it's unclear how quickly manufacturers will be able to come up with a fix. We've reached out to the ZigBee Alliance, whose members include major companies like Samsung, Sony and ARM, and will report back with their response.
    Stay away from the "Connected Home" until manufacturers actually show some attention and regard to security and security updates.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 12:37 PM
    OT, maybe.
    Why I believe the Android track as an Os is a mistake and a great opportunity as EMM: fragmentation.
    http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/0...ampaign=buffer

More OT (QNX) : http://blog.caranddriver.com/want-to...c/#more-229393
    Enjoy

On vacations, kinda yearly screen rehab' times
    Cheers all, that's my pool :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150807_112132.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 08-07-15 at 12:55 PM.
    08-07-15 12:41 PM
    The biotech sector is getting hit hard as a whole. I don't think this is a result of anything specific to HALO. I am wondering about ACAD however. The market doesn't seem to like their ER. I believe there is concern that they might not have enough capital to bring Nuplazid to market.

Morgan, I hope you are having a great summer and would appreciate your thoughts on these companies when you have time to respond.
    Mr BBRY !

Sure, .... I think you are right, this is a wholesale correction in the number one sector for 2015. Our stocks are down because, like BBRY, they don't have an EPS or positive P/E Ratio to define support. AAPL has a P/E ratio and some cash but HALO, ACAD and BBRY don't have the "earnings part" to support their stock gains. Now we know that healthcare has done well over the years, and at some point, there will be across the board profit-taking. HALO might report some good numbers that show cash flow moving towards positive levels thus supporting their drug program. The same can be said for ACAD, they are trying to bring in enough revenues to use cash flow to support their drug program. I wouldn't assume that there exists a cash crunch for either company here. ACAD has a powerful pipeline that any fund would be more than happy to support. The same appears with HALO, they hold some promising programs that will be financed for years to come. When the biotech sector corrects, you jump on good companies like these and load up. Even BBRY, a company that isn't as far along as HALO and ACAD, in terms of growing their business, still has a ton of cash that can change everything you ever thought about them, over night. We are in the dog days of summer here, investors are on their boats and ignoring these daily moves for now, I would invest in any of these plays at this time of year nowing we are part of a thin market here. Watch the IBB index, your personal stock, RSI = 30 or less for both .... and you will do just fine. GL
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, jxnb and 11 others like this.
    08-07-15 12:58 PM
    hi kids

Current Mobile Health Security Practices May be Inadequate - mHealthIntelligence

Current Mobile Health Security Practices May be Inadequate

By Vera Gruessner on August 07, 2015

Both businesses and healthcare organizations around the nation are focused on ensuring that their private information remains private and secured. Mobile health security remains a top priority for the healthcare industry, as patient data must be protected from cyber attacks, HIPAA violations, and data breaches.

Many businesses throughout the country are concerned with potential security threats when it comes to mobile devices, according to the Financial Post. As many as 70 percent of polltakers in a survey commissioned by Blackberry Ltd viewed mobile devices as a potential security threat to their company as a whole.

However, only 30 percent of the 780 polled risk and compliance managers actually felt their data security policies and platforms adequately protected them from potential cyber attacks via mobile devices. This shows that mobile health security may not be as strong as it needs to be to ensure that patient information remains safe and protected from data breaches.

The Financial Post also poses that many of the security features that may make certain businesses feel protected could very well be outdated at this point in time. Mobile health security is not an easy task and many organizations may be having difficulty ensuring that patient data remains protected.

�It�s not just a thrifty mindset keeping organizations on the sidelines: it�s that mobile security is so hard to do right that it seems some are opting to kick the can down the road instead of addressing the elephant in the room,� the Financial Post mused.

Many are not considering how much of patient data is becoming mobile and could be accessed remotely. However, healthcare systems will need to begin deploying, testing, and installing mobile health security platforms. As these tools are being implemented, medical staff will need the necessary training to utilize new systems and follow a mobile health security policy.

Another major problem that could be exposing businesses and healthcare organizations to security risks is the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policies being established across the country. As such, Mobile Application Management has become a new method for establishing better data security protocols.

�Mobile technology choices are increasingly critical,� the Blackberry survey summary stated. �They are also complex and a poor decision can greatly increase an organization�s risk profile while lowering the return on mobility investments. Getting decisions right on mobility is crucial to the safeguarding of digital assets and the organization�s competitive standing. No business can afford to get mobility wrong.�

There are six key areas that businesses and healthcare establishments will need to consider when developing a strong mobile health security policy. These include:

• understanding vendors� approaches to security,
    • cost and risk analysis of differing products,
    • productivity and usability restrictions or gains,
    • procurement of mobile devices and BYOD,
    • compliance of mobile health security, and
    • analytics behind mobile devices.

�As with all complex decisions, the choice of mobile technologies comes with tradeoffs and there is no fail-safe, one-size-fits-all approach,� the report continued. �It is not enough to have the most fully featured technology and the highest levels of security. The desired outcomes that organizations expect from mobility will vary and so will the factors that determine success. In making a well-informed technology decision, an organization can be expected to have multiple objectives, covering areas such as cost, risk, security, productivity, support, ease of use, scalability, analytics, compliance, support, and vendor reliability and commitment. All these things need to be balanced and prioritized to maximize the probability of selecting the best possible outcome.�

As healthcare organizations continue to implement mobile devices and BYOD policies across their departments, it will grow more important than ever before to have strong mobile health security platforms and address the potential data security risks of all new systems.
    zyben, La Emperor, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    08-07-15 03:06 PM

OT: How Microsoft Plans To Get iOS Apps Running On Windows 10

https://arc.applause.com/2015/08/07/...ridge-for-ios/

Microsoft wants all the apps. And it is building tools for developers to bring them to Windows 10.....
    08-07-15 03:09 PM

Post also mentions BB10 replies....

Apple v Android debate: And the winner is ...- The Inquirer

Apple v Android debate: And the winner is ...
    The results are in following record-breaking debate
    By Carly Page
    Fri Aug 07 2015, 14:13

THIS WEEK we've been running our latest INQUIRER debate, and with the topic set as iOS vs Android, things got heated.

The debate has now closed, and the final results are in *drumroll* 72 percent of INQ readers prefer Android, leaving just 28 percent of you, sob, on Team iOS.

Congratulations to Chris on his victory - the beers are on me, and a massive thank you to our readers for getting so enthusiastically involved in our latest INQ Debate.

While Chris steals the crown this time around, this week hasn't been all about deciding a winner, an impossible task given this is a debate that will rage for years to come. It's been about gaining further insight into why some will forever choose an iPhone, while others are enamoured by the openness of Google's OS.

INQUIRER readers turned out in record numbers to our latest debate, and we'd like to take the opportunity to thank you all for getting so involved and sharing your opinions.

Security was perhaps the hottest topic this week, and our guest speaker Kevin Curran pointed out that, while Android is often viewed as the less secure option, the rise in vulnerabilities should have IT managers deploying both Android devices and iPhones on their toes.

Not everyone agreed, naturally. One commenter said: "As much as I hate it, Android fails completely on security. Consider best practice for the OpenSSL encryption libraries, as discussed in RFC 7525. It is functionally impossible for older Android releases to be brought into compliance with best practice. Apple devices that retain support are in a much better position."

Another argued: "None is secure! Blank Linux is secure if configured properly, but they won't allow you to run it on the phones. To [sic] hard for NSA to spy on you."

Design was also a sticking point, with myself and Chris arguing as to whether Apple's minimalist iOS or Google's customisable Android was the most appealing.

One reader said: "Since Lollipop came along with its Material Design, Android has won me over again. The tactile OS with strong hardware choices from the likes of HTC, Samsung and Sony, with some lovely lower cost smartphones from Motorola, means it's a vote for Chris from me."

Another argued: "Generally, I find that iOS is cleaner, simpler and does just work, but Android is more powerful and flexible overall."

It wasn't just iOS and Android fans who got involved either, and the debate saw a surprising number of people turning up to defend Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system and BlackBerry 10.

One commenter wrote: "As an operating system I still prefer BlackBerry 10, but as a ecosystem there is no beating iOS. I have an Android device now and it is crap! I am, however, very tempted by Windows 10 - I like the direction Microsoft is heading in."

Another boldly claimed: "No way. The BlackBerry Passport is the aristocrat of phones," while another (or the same person under a different guise) added: "They are both garbage. I vote for BB10."

As me and Chris said in our closing statements, iOS vs Android is not a problem that will ever be solved, and at the end of the day it's down to personal preference.

One reader agreed, saying: "In my opinion, they all have their place and following and they both do what they are designed for. I personally prefer my Galaxy Note Edge and my wife loves her S6. My son loves chatting with his 'friend who is a girl' on his iPad and my Lil girl loves watching Frozen on her old Toshiba Thrive. It is a personal preference thing."
    zyben, 3MIKE, La Emperor and 5 others like this.
    08-07-15 03:19 PM
    More Android running on BB10 stuff. This time on Passport SE:

Passport Silver Edition. E se? - MondoBlackberry.com
    08-07-15 03:24 PM

OT: How Microsoft Plans To Get iOS Apps Running On Windows 10

https://arc.applause.com/2015/08/07/...ridge-for-ios/

Microsoft wants all the apps. And it is building tools for developers to bring them to Windows 10.....

also...

http://readwrite.com/2015/08/06/wind...s-porting-apps

5 Things Developers Should Know About Microsoft�s Open-Source iOS App-Porting Tool
    bungaboy, zyben and rarsen like this.
    08-07-15 03:30 PM
    OT:

but interesting tidbits... reminds me of the App Neutrality argument..........

Enterprise Mobile Apps Drive Opportunity | News | Vertical Systems Reseller (VSR)

Enterprise Mobile Apps Drive Opportunity

By Lisa Terry � August 07, 2015

Looking for strong indicators that enterprise mobile apps are on the rise? Consider this: evolutionary changes in the way mobile applications are developed and integrated with back-end, legacy software mean projects take days, not months or years, to complete. This opens up brand new opportunities for solution providers to deliver significant benefits inherent to mobile very quickly, tapping their expertise in vertical markets to develop tools that mobile-enable legacy line of business applications. Need more proof? Here are just a few staggering statistics that show tangible demand for this technology:

� Companies� use of custom mobile business apps grew an astounding 730% between 3Q 2013 and 3Q 2014, according to Good Technology.

� Just 20% of all app developers globally are targeting enterprises, up from 16% just six months ago, and demand for good mobility solutions is outstripping supply, according to Vision Mobile.

� 48% of respondents to a CDW survey said their mobile app budgets were bigger in 2014 than in 2013, with 20% noting that budgets grew more than 10%.

�This can drive revenue now for VARs, helping them form positive relationships with customers with a set of tools they can use quickly and efficiently,� says Peter Price, CEO of Webalo (www.webalo.com), which offers a mobile development platform.

A well-designed mobile app offers lots of user benefits, including better efficiency and productivity, by delivering the most in-demand business practices and workflows right to the point of need.

Mobile App Trends

To be successful, a mobile app must operate on top of a strong foundation. This includes ensuring client environments include devices (owned or BYOD), mobile OS, a robust security platform, a network, enterprise mobility management, and a payments module, if needed. Then solution providers can leverage the following trends to write apps that make mobile workers � these days, that�s everyone � more efficient and effective.

Rapid Mobile App Development.

Last November Gartner created this name for a new generation of toolsets designed in part to make up for a shortage of mobile app development talent.

Some critical mobile apps, like Well�s Fargo�s mobile banking app, demand a full-scale global IT development effort. But many apps that drive productivity don�t need that kind of complexity, says Webalo�s Price. �You can look at the database you�ve got, use the web services and the reports you�re already generating, and even the web-facing apps you�ve already got and extend those to mobile users particularly around the workflows and best practices that are relevant in that environment, and do it at a low cost and quickly and simply.�

This approach enables solution providers to easily layer mobile onto existing legacy line of business apps, extending their value.

Mobile toolsets have made development so fast that they�re exposing new opportunities for solution providers in temporary applications, Price adds. �I see a trend to a more simple, almost disposable way of thinking,� say, an app to a group visiting a plant briefly that will need access to some data and simple processes to make the visit more efficient. These can be created in days, sometimes for less than $1000.

Mobile First.

Mobile enterprise apps used be to watered down versions of desktop apps. Now with mobile devices so pervasive, that�s been flipped on its head. Smart developers are starting with the worker and the business process, then designing simple mobile applications with a tablet or phone (or watch!) experience in mind. Mobile users don�t want every feature and function, just the ones that get the data and transactions they need quickly, without having to look in multiple places.

Developers have plenty of exposure to consumer apps, driving better user interface for enterprise mobile. Trends like gamification and applications that offer individualized feedback and even rewards are shaping enterprise mobile design, says Mark Kirstein, senior director, enterprise software for Zebra Technologies (www.zebra.com).

In fact, the tables have now turned to the point developers are designing desktop interfaces to look like mobile, with additional functionality and detail hidden under a simple user interface, says Webalo�s Price.

Some functions are really best left to desktop interfaces, but it�s well known that a lot of the functionality in software goes unused. As a result, �A lot of companies are not even building desktop versions of apps, and no web version either,� says Jonathan Rosenberg, partner at Jackrabbit Mobile (Mobile App Development & Mobile App Design - Austin, TX), a mobile app development and design firm.

Cross platform

A key decision point is whether to develop native apps on each of the platforms favored by users, or developing once in a cross-platform tool or html5.

The argument on the cross-platform side says dominance in mobile operating systems is short-lived (Think Palm, BlackBerry, etc.), and few can afford to spend the resources rewriting for each one. �Two-thirds to three quarters of enterprise app developers are now migrating to cross-platform,� says Zebra�s Kirstein. �Why not use a cross-platform tool that someone else has developed and focus on going deep and getting tighter lock-in? A number of enterprise developers are still struggling with this.� Cross-platform apps offer a consistent user experience that reduce training and support burdens, while consuming less power.

A report in Forbes found 83% of app developers globally are using third party tools, with the percentage of developers using cross-platform tools growing from 23% to 36% in the last six months.

But there is another side to the argument. �Native apps tend to be more usable because they use features specific to the phone, and better performance because there is no trip back to the server,� says Andrew Leigh, VP marketing and alliances for Jitterbit (On-Premise & Cloud Integration Made Easy | Jitterbit), which offers an agile cloud integration solution for on-premise, cloud, social, and mobile apps. Jitterbit is seeing developers take both paths.

�If you can afford to have iOS and Android developers, 95% of the time it makes sense to go ahead and build two individual apps natively,� says Jeff Zhao, project manager at Jackrabbit Mobile. However, he adds many are watching what happens with Microsoft and its �develop once, deploy anywhere� strategy.

Mobile-Friendly APIs.

Years ago an enterprise service bus was state of the art in getting big backend applications to talk to each other. Now middleware is giving way to developments such as open APIs and fully exposed web services. �Now they�re built from the ground up to natively expose their data up into the cloud with web services,� since mobile usage will dominate, says Zebra�s Kirstein. �The ability to integrate is ten, 20 or 30 times better than a decade ago.�

�A lot of legacy backends that were not interested in APIs are looking more into that, and many other companies are developing APIs for those companies as a third party,� adds Jackrabbit Mobile�s Zhao.

One of the biggest improvements in better integration is leaving latency behind. �Three to five years ago, 75 percent of all integrations were in batch,� says Jitterbit�s Leigh. �The biggest change in the last 18 months is the massive upsurge in a new breed of real-time, standardized, governed APIs that are available inside and also outside the organization,� a critical development in enabling real-time access for mobile workers on the move.

Indeed, integration has been revolutionized. An important thing to remember, Leigh adds, is that the number of things to connect to is exploding � the amount of end points, systems, data sources, cloud services, legacy apps, connected Internet of Things. �Developers need to build the fastest, most usable platform possible. It�s no longer about building point-to-point integration or a few dozen integrations to automate a single business process. You really have to start thinking about how do I build hyper-connectivity across the overall business,� he says. �You used to not integrate because it was expensive and complex, but now it is a business opportunity you have to aggressively embrace.�

All of these trends make it possible for solution providers to deliver custom mobile apps to customers for whom such projects have long been out of reach. They can leverage deep vertical knowledge together with mobile toolsets to create apps rapidly and at low cost.

�ISVs have the ability to hit these long tail SMB markets, such as facilities management or proof of delivery applications,� says Zebra�s Kirstein. �If you deliver a turnkey solution and go deeper with an application that�s ideally suited for the situation, you can really nail it.�
    08-07-15 03:40 PM

Do You Know Which Was The Worlds First Smartphone Bet You Dont

Do You Know Which Was The World's First Smartphone? Bet You Don't !

By Shantanu Prasher,
    Friday, 07 Aug 2015

While most think Google, Nokia, Blackberry and Apple kickstarted the smartphone era, it was IBM that actually created the world�s first ever smartphone.

This is IBM Simon or aka, the world�s first smartphone

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-doyouknowwhichwastheworldsfirstsmartphonebetyoudont_1_1438946736_350x163.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-doyouknowwhichwastheworldsfirstsmartphonebetyoudont_2_1438946749_350x163.jpg

The term smartphone wasn�t coined until 1995 but the first true smartphone, Simon, came to life in 1992. Called the Simon Personal Communicator, it was a handheld, touchscreen cellular phone and PDA (personal digital assistant) designed and engineered by International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) and assembled by Mitsubishi Electric Corp. Simon was the first ever cellular phone to include calling and PDA features in one.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-doyouknowwhichwastheworldsfirstsmartphonebetyoudont_3_1438946761_350x163.jpg

Code named �Angler�, Simon debuted as a prototype on November 23, 1992. In addition to make and receive phone calls, Simon was also able to send and receive faxes, e-mails, cellular pages, included an address book, calendar, appointment scheduler, calculator, world time clock, electronic note pad, handwritten annotations and standard and predictive stylus input screen keyboards.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-doyouknowwhichwastheworldsfirstsmartphonebetyoudont_4_1438946773_350x163.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-doyouknowwhichwastheworldsfirstsmartphonebetyoudont_5_1438946785_350x163.jpg

Far ahead of its time, Simon featured monochrome LCD touchscreen measuring 4.5 inches by 1.4 inches and a stylus and weighed a hefty 510 grams. It went on public sale in 1994 and IBM managed to sell as many as 50,000 units in the first 5 months

But, let the record show.... BLACKBERRY put the "SMART" into SmartPhones !!!!!!!!!

(they can use this in their marketing, need to pay me royalties though...)
    bungaboy, zyben, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    08-07-15 03:50 PM
    More Android running on BB10 stuff. This time on Passport SE:

Passport Silver Edition. E se? - MondoBlackberry.com
    Rumour or not (probably going to be true based on what we have seen, read, heard over the years and especially recently), or regardless of how BB10 is a far superior OS...this route will definitely increase their hardware sales IMO.

Why do I say this?

With all the reviews of BB10 in the last few years from all the major outlets, the one thing they would all conclude with (aside from the amazing BB10 experience and OS) was that big " BUT" where they always slammed it for the lack apps and basically not being Google friendly... a deal breaker....and basically not being relevant in the mainstream anymore....

Well this certainly answers that !!

Hence the upgrade from Moron Stanley, as they now will expect higher revenues....

"Secure Mobility" is the name of the game, (and becoming more and more apparent) and people will now want the "BlackBerry Android" version....

...and now, all of a sudden, the hardware aspect for BlackBerry is relevant again from some of the ANALysts as it will be the best of all worlds...

damn, I'm going to miss the swiping and BB10 OS altogether....sigh
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 08-07-15 at 05:21 PM.
    zyben, morganplus8, lech31 and 4 others like this.
    08-07-15 04:41 PM
    Well, it's the weekend...and it's Ladies Night! Sorry fellas

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-11363631_1577401335857831_422663727_n.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-11419074_1134917756522184_958803702_n.jpg
    And the hunkiest BlackBerry lovin' gentleman of them all
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chen-t-mobile.jpg
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    08-07-15 04:52 PM
    LOL!!

Marty's reaction (still the same):

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images-34-.jpg

He just wants action!! (pun intended!!)
    zyben, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-07-15 04:57 PM
    Rumour or not (probably going to be true based on what we have seen, read, heard over the years and especially recently), or regardless of how BB10 is a far superior OS...this route will definitely increase their hardware sales IMO.

Why do I say this?

With all the reviews of BB10 in the last few years from all the major outlets, the one thing they would all conclude with (aside from the amazing BB10 experience and OS) was that big " BUT" where they always slammed it for the lack apps and basically not being Google friendly... a deal breaker....and basically not being relevant in the mainstream anymore....

Well this certainly answers that !!

Hence the upgrade from Moron Stanley, as they now will expect higher revenues....

"Secure Mobility" is the name of the game, (and becoming more and more apparent) and people will now want the "BlackBerry Android" version....

...and now, all of a sudden, the hardware aspect for BlackBerry is relevant again....
    Android is certainly not for me, but I have to agree that it will likely have a positive effect on hardware sales. Regardless, BB10 is the os for me!
    08-07-15 05:05 PM
    I feel a marketing angle here ...

Beckham's Victoria herrrrr rrRRRRrrrrr secret, darling
    Never did like Victoria Beckham....she looks like Skeletor's Sister.

But yes, major marketing angle with a "slider" and "Victoria's Secret"!
    08-07-15 05:26 PM
    wtf...The plot thickens...

i guess the Slider BlackDroid version with dual curved screen is probably more of a fact than rumour after seeing this... and maybe the software can accommodate hard keys...

Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge Plus on the way (along with a thumb keyboard add-on) - Liliputing

Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge Plus on the way (along with a thumb keyboard add-on)

08/07/2015 at 3:52 PM by Brad Linder

Samsung is holding an event on August 13th where the company is expected to unveil the Galaxy Note 5. But the company may also introduce another phone, called the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.

We got our first look at the phones when Evan Blass posted a leaked picture last week. Now he’s shared another image showing an odd little accessory: a keyboard that clips onto the bottom of the Galaxy S6 Edge.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-plus-kb.jpg

The Edge 6 Plus is expected to have the same basic specs as the Galaxy 6 Edge, but it’ll have a roughly 5.7 inch display instead of a 5.1 inch screen.

The clip-on keyboard looks like something out of smartphone history, complete with thumb-sized QWERTY keyboard, designated number keys that you can use to dial phone numbers, and special character keys.

There are also a few modern touches including a microphone icon, emoticon button, and home, back, and recents buttons below the keyboard.

Basically it looks like a phone for someone that would prefer a classic BlackBerry or Palm Treo-style phone if only those devices ran Android Lollipop.
    08-07-15 06:12 PM

so there are TONS of news articles re: the Silver PP ... and wasn't going to post any, as it would seriously clog the board (there is that many)... but i did want to share THIS one....

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Review: The Original Passport With A Sophisticated Design

The BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition was released on August 4, and tech pundits could not help to have a hands on session with the phone soonest, and are sharing their reviews.

not going to quote the the article, but here is the link for you all to see the amazing pic they have of the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition .

enjoy

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Review: The Original Passport With A Sophisticated Design : Trending News : ISchoolGuide
    08-07-15 06:36 PM
    way to give that website traffic
    08-08-15 12:34 AM

so there are TONS of news articles re: the Silver PP ... and wasn't going to post any, as it would seriously clog the board (there is that many)... but i did want to share THIS one....

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Review: The Original Passport With A Sophisticated Design

The BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition was released on August 4, and tech pundits could not help to have a hands on session with the phone soonest, and are sharing their reviews.

not going to quote the the article, but here is the link for you all to see the amazing pic they have of the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition .

enjoy

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Review: The Original Passport With A Sophisticated Design : Trending News : ISchoolGuide

Please don't click the link. Just accepted that they put a picture of an old BlackBerry 9900 in an article about the Silver Passport.

Can't believe NOBODY has commented on that incompetence yet.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 08-08-15 at 02:30 AM.
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-08-15 01:39 AM
113,256 ... 34993500350135023503 ...