View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Honeywell buys Elster metering for $5.1B US. I thought they were big QNX users???

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, rarsen and Bacon Munchers like this.
    07-28-15 09:18 AM
    Khan Brothers Group Inc. added some more BBRY. Their portfolio update was released today.

Conference Call Transcripts

KAHN BROTHERS GROUP INC /DE/ reported adding to its positions of:•Trinity Place Holdings Inc.
    •Patterson-UTI Energy
    •Nam Tai Electronics
    •MBIA
    •Landmark Bancorp Inc.
    •Blackberry
    •Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
    •BPC Acquisition Corp
    07-28-15 09:24 AM
    http://whalewisdom.com/stock/rimm

And then scroll down and change quarter to 6/30/15 and click refresh. You can click on the various column headings to see who added the most and sold etc. From now until Aug 15th we will see all the institutions that bought/sold

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 09:36 AM
    I love this comment:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150728_114419_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    zyben, 3MIKE, La Emperor and 8 others like this.
    07-28-15 10:47 AM
    Guys, if you are interested in reading the complete MS report, I posted it earlier and it has just now been approved by the mods:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11820930

Cheers,
    07-28-15 11:03 AM
    Honeywell buys Elster metering for $5.1B US. I thought they were big QNX users???

Posted via CB10
    It's possible Elster uses QNX. This case study from last year suggests that they do:

Solution:
    Company �Elster Metronica� is producing both various electric meters and integrates them into AECMS. Customer can purchase preset boxes for various needs and system configurations.

System Description:
    Low-level devices are based on UNO-2050 and UNO-2178. They are equipped with digital inputs and serial ports which are collecting data from smart and impulse electric meters, processing and storing it, and sending it to upper-level system via IEC-104 protocol. Software is working under QNX 4.25. Along with this system various GSM, WiMAX and satellite modems can be used.
    For keeping accurate time in the system user can purchase the all-weather box with GPS receiver, interfaceconverter and power supply.
    Also, as an intermediate server, IPC-510-based systems are used.

Benefits:
    Advantech is supplying Elster with various equipment for more than 10 years.
    � The equipment proved to be reliable and rugged
    � The equipment possesses all appropriate certificates and has passed local power authorities testing as a measurement tool
    � Remote access to energy metering data savesstaff time and vehicle fuel

PCI-1603 - Case Studies - Automated energy consumption metering system control boxes (mass production) - Advantech

Also, Advantech, who is a supplier to Elster, has a distribution deal with QNX:

Advantech Forms Strategic Alliance with QNX to Deliver Realtime OS Solutions for Embedded Platforms
    Corbu, La Emperor, sidhuk and 10 others like this.
    07-28-15 11:06 AM
    Because they can.

Very elastic demand.

I've asked everyone that's complained about it in front of me if they have reduced gas consumption as a result. The answer is always no.

Posted via CB10
    Gas prices made us decide on a Prius a few years ago.

Gas prices have made my current F-150 my first and last F-150. I might go midsized truck or small SUV. (we need something bigger than a Prius). Basically, I am considering a vehicle that can tow a trailer when needed. The Jeep Wrangler is getting a redesign in 2 years so I might get that. It's getting a lot of fuel economy fixes.

I'm not sure that I am a complainer though. I am accepting of my high priced gas overlords. And I am making a change going forward to make things better for my wallet and the environment.
    awindsr likes this.
    07-28-15 11:30 AM
    FUD just never stops!!!!

The guy left in June . . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-fud.jpg

and . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-rip.jpg
    07-28-15 11:52 AM
    OT:
    The story we mentioned yesterday has finally made it to the BBC's headlines
    Android bug: MMS attack affects 'one billion' phones - BBC News

Security is an acquired taste...

Come to think of it, I should trademark that!
    07-28-15 12:02 PM
    OT:
    The story we mentioned yesterday has finally made it to the BBC's headlines
    Android bug: MMS attack affects 'one billion' phones - BBC News

Security is an acquired taste...

Come to think of it, I should trademark that!
    Add it to your signature.
    07-28-15 12:13 PM
    Add it to your signature.
    Done! Thanks for the idea bunga!
    07-28-15 12:18 PM
    An excellent day!

It's not the same every day, so enjoy

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 12:24 PM
    Half OT: Trading debut for Dr Soon Shiong's NantKwest (NK) today, up 33% so far

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, sidhuk and 13 others like this.
    07-28-15 12:34 PM
    Morgan Stanley just showed Chen who is the boss in Wall Street.
    Like the other poster said blackberry should go private like Dell. Get out of this US market.
    Chen already knows. What MS may not notice is that this time, the mouse has set the trap.
    Watch for BlackBerry to start the share buyback, followed by big news....
    07-28-15 12:49 PM
    A quick chart that makes a heck of a lot more sense:

Attachment 364495.
    Egads!

That chart line reminds me of how my grandmother used to cut the bangs of my hair.
    Thanks for the reminder.

Didn't see this posted yet. I like it because it shows up close the gadget that we have been hearing about:

http://mobihealthnews.com/39509/nant...erry-security/
    07-28-15 01:07 PM
    OT: Somewhat ? Blackberry's Partner's ( Nanthealth) Partner (AllScript ) Shortlisted in Pentagon contract which is to be awarded by the end of the month. Remember, not too long ago, Nanthealth and Allscript swapped out hundreds of millions of $ to cement their partnership. Probably bolster Allscripts chances to bring along BBRY in their presentation when security angle was in play. Wish them luck.

The Pentagon is poised within days to award one of the most coveted health information-technology contracts in history — the first phase of a deal that could ultimately be worth more than $10.5 billon over the 18-year life of the contract.

This is the first major federal IT contract since HealthCare.gov, which was so plagued by defects that hundreds of thousands of Americans were initially frustrated in trying to sign up for health insurance.

The effort, designed to provide a much-needed upgrade to the current system used by 9.5 million military personnel, including active duty and retirees, is being hotly pursued by three of the heaviest hitters in private industry: Epic Systems, Cerner and Allscripts Healthcare Solutions.

“We are not just buying an off-the-shelf system; we’re really looking to modernize how the department delivers health care,” Christopher Miller, the director of the Defense Department’s selection process, said when the contract was first announced.

Skeptics, however, say choosing any of these three big commercial systems is risky. Doctors and other health-care professionals have complained that these electronic health records systems, as now configured, are clunky to use. The proprietary software means fixes and upgrades can be performed only by the manufacturer. And because none of the systems is Internet-based, sharing information between different systems can be difficult, critics say.

Those complaints fuel concerns that the Pentagon will be unable to achieve one of its main goals anytime soon — building a records system that seamlessly interacts with the Veterans Health Administration.

“None of the three finalists has been able to improve overall outcomes or reduce costs in the private sector despite a track record spanning more than a decade with complete freedom from oversight,” said Dean Kross, a Pittsburgh cardiologist who studies health-care IT. “How can anyone expect that to change now?”

A fundamental challenge for the Pentagon project, some say, involves the nature of the commercial health IT industry itself: The software is better suited for accounting and billing than for tracking medical problems and treatment.

“Business computing and clinical computing are as different as psychiatry and neurosurgery,” said Scot Silverstein, a physician and expert in medical informatics. “They both work on the same body part and involve doctors, but if you try and treat a brain tumor with talk therapy, that’s not going to help.”

Some critics are harsher. “Epic and Cerner are mediocre products that should be a lot better for the cost,” said Ross Koppel, a sociologist at the University of Pennsylvania who studies and writes about health-care information technology. He said that requests by health professionals to make upgrades and repairs “are hundreds of thousands [of items] long. . . . These systems take years to implement.”

Through a spokesman, All*scripts said it will bring “a unique combination of deep DoD mission, medical and IT knowledge” to the project if chosen. It also said that the company “is winning new business as well as expanding its relationships with existing clients globally.” Cerner declined to comment for this story.

Col. Nicole Kerkenbush, an executive member of the Healthcare Management Systems Office at Defense, disputed the notion that commercial systems — “off-the-shelf” products — weren’t up to the job of overhauling the Pentagon’s medical records.

“The commercial EHR [Electronic Health Records] products have really matured since we first started on our modernization journey,” Kerkenbush said, indicating that, in any case, the department didn’t have much choice: “We were so far behind that by the time we invested money, people and time to develop and deploy our solution, we would find ourselves behind industry again.”

In a statement, Epic said it looked forward to the Defense Department’s announcement. “Today, about 5,800 Epic clinics, 340 Epic hospitals, and 100,000 providers use our interoperability platform to exchange data with all of the VA sites in the U.S.,” the statement said. “In addition, Epic customers exchange with the Social Security Administration, the DoD, and with third-party EHRs.”
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...d55_story.html
    07-28-15 01:42 PM
    Malaysia's Defence Minister, Mr. Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein, representin:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-11189261_402670209913949_976543426_n.jpg
    07-28-15 01:49 PM
    An interesting take on today's action:

This may have been one of those perfect storms for investors. A high short interest in an oversold stock, removing a long-time bearish rating, and a climate where investors want a shot of catching a serious recovery....
    How an Underwhelming BlackBerry Upgrade Rocks Shares Higher - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) - 24/7 Wall St.
    07-28-15 02:35 PM
    Ok c'est straight up n'importe quoi. Morgan Stanley d�cid� que c'est le temps que Bbry grimpe un peu et du revers de la main c'est fait.
    07-28-15 02:37 PM

do you all miss the Flip Phone?

LG unveils a 'smart' new flip phone

By Ananya Bhattacharya @CNNTech

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-150728072627-lg-gentle-phone-780x439.jpg.png

Old meets new or old beats new?

LG's new flip phone "Gentle" looks like the prized baby of nostalgia. With a clamshell exterior, a keypad and a 3 megapixel camera, it's straight out of the 90's.

But there's a reason why this old-school gadget could give all the cool kids of the smart phone world a run for their money.

It comes loaded with Android Lollipop 5.1-- an operating system so new that less than 1% of the world used it as of June 2015, according to Google's Statistics.

That's not all the phone has borrowed from the era of iPhones and Androids. The Gentle's 3.2" LCD screen has touch-screen capabilities.

Available in burgundy and navy, the electronics company announced on Monday that the phone started retailing for around $170 in South Korea.

Flip phones are popular in Asian markets, but there's still no word on whether it'll see the light of day in the American market.
    07-28-15 02:42 PM
    Thanks W Hoa !!

If you guys don't think that a company with tons of cash and not much else can make you rich, look at Valeant Pharma:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-vrl-july-28-2015.png

Everyone hated Biovail Corp, they sold the stock, sued the company and their products and revenues tanked to nothing. They decided to hire new management and a personal colleague of mine to head it up and he set about acquiring company after company and now the stock, from 2009 to 2015, has gone from $ 5.00 to $ 260.00/US. It's a Canadian success story NOW, and Canada's largest market cap stock. So to think that BlackBerry, with real assets, much more money, can't do the same thing is just crazy stupid. Good Tech, MOBL, no one has that kind of cash, brand, assets and potential and yet look at the price targets for those duds. MOBL will likely go under, and MS has them at $ 8.00 I believe. So that $ 100 party makes plenty of sense and Chen is one or two good acquisitions away from lighting this one up. If you don't believe me, go back and look at what Valeant has done with cash and a shopping list.
    07-28-15 03:02 PM
    Ok c'est straight up n'importe quoi. Morgan Stanley d�cid� que c'est le temps que Bbry grimpe un peu et du revers de la main c'est fait.
    C'est weird ehh!
    07-28-15 03:29 PM
    OT: Somewhat ? Blackberry's Partner's ( Nanthealth) Partner (AllScript ) Shortlisted in Pentagon contract which is to be awarded by the end of the month. Remember, not too long ago, Nanthealth and Allscript swapped out hundreds of millions of $ to cement their partnership. Probably bolster Allscripts chances to bring along BBRY in their presentation when security angle was in play. Wish them luck.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...d55_story.html
    Great news!
    If AllScript wins the contract, they bring Nanthealth with them. We all know that Nanthealth brings a QNX-backed HBox with them. HBox brings the Passports with it.
    Maybe we hear of AllScript bringing BlackBerry security in directly, since they're already all over it indirectly.
    This has the potential to be the first time in a while that the US government may be able to say "it will tie into our BlackBerry's perfectly"

In any case, good to hear such big money being thrown around amongst BlackBerry's close friends. Chen knows where we're going.
    07-28-15 03:47 PM
    OT:

Let the good times roll! Encana upgraded to OUTPERFORM today. Ohhh ya!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-upgrades.png
    07-28-15 04:29 PM
    Great news!
    If AllScript wins the contract, they bring Nanthealth with them. We all know that Nanthealth brings a QNX-backed HBox with them. HBox brings the Passports with it.
    Maybe we hear of AllScript bringing BlackBerry security in directly, since they're already all over it indirectly.
    This has the potential to be the first time in a while that the US government may be able to say "it will tie into our BlackBerry's perfectly"

In any case, good to hear such big money being thrown around amongst BlackBerry's close friends. Chen knows where we're going.
    I dont think the US gov't wants a repeat of this below.
    Data hacked from U.S. government dates back to 1985: U.S. official | Reuters

So the selection process, will have security as a major requirement. And Blackberry has all the pieces to answer this requirement. Watchdox at the file level, NOC during transport , and Certicom Encryption for the cloud. And at the device level, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) has approved the use of derived Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) credentials on BlackBerry� OS and BlackBerry� 10 smartphones just a few days ago. All of those would seem to tie together in helping Allscipt and Nanthealth answer the needs of Pentagon.

I believe tomorrow's presentation by Watchdox could be aimed at those decision makers who are still on the sidelines. Here's to hoping Allscripts win.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 07-28-15 at 04:52 PM.
    07-28-15 04:36 PM
113,256 ... 34863487348834893490 ...