View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Another day, another decline for BBRY. D@mn frustrating that we are talking about getting in the high single digits as a rally. Which I kept that HALO stock.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-16-15 03:09 PM
    Only five pennies, not too bad.
    07-16-15 03:38 PM
    if it was a down day for the tech sector5 pennies would have been good, but it was a great day with Netflix jumping 18%, Amazon ~4%, Apple ~2% and the Nasdaq 1.26%.
    07-16-15 04:45 PM
    Not when it's been consistently going down over the past two months, with no response from BlackBerry or John Chen

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    07-16-15 05:18 PM
    All this free advice today . . . is worth what?
    07-16-15 05:34 PM
    Absolutely sweet FA !!

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    07-16-15 05:52 PM
    Wow. Let's stop this. Now.
    Nothing new, we're still trading sideways after a small rebund on the lows.
    There's nothing to chew to drive the SP (either up or down), the speculation -good or bad - is at work.
    So seat back and try to relax.

If you're not involved (aka own) BBRY, there's no reason to come here and play the smart guy. If you own it, you know this place is for the uttermost long scale (for traders), so...

Anyhow, let's keep it civil and avoid provocation back and forth.

Thanks!
    Cheers
    SF

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 05:55 PM
    Current consensus shows an upside

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150716_162156.png

http://www.marketbeat.com/stocks/NAS.../?MostRecent=1

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 06:22 PM
    Nice of you to point that out, I would also like to point out that we traded just under 4 MM shares today, when was the last time we traded so few shares in one day? Nice to see traders leaving the trade again. Now we just need some positive news and a share buy back program ....................
    07-16-15 07:04 PM
    Top 20 IoT companies: IBM takes #1 spot | Q2/2015 update

BBRY #17

IBM is leading the Internet of Things companies ranking for Q2/2015 mainly due to its massive investment of $3bn it is starting to put into IoT.

Other major findings of the Q2 IoT companies ranking:

• Intel, that had previously been number 1, has fallen to the third position.
    • The race between the five big companies (IBM, Google, Intel, Microsoft and Cisco) continues. Apple is starting to join the pack as a sixth company.
    • What is striking about IBM is that the American software giant now employs more than 1,400 employees in the Internet of Things, almost 50% more as the second biggest IoT employer (Cisco).
    • SAP remains the highest ranked non-US company in 7th
    • The list includes a number of new entries to the top 20 list, including Ericsson, Qualcomm, Orange, Facebook, and Dell.
    • Gartner, ARM, Accenture, Arduino, IDC, PTC have fallen out of the top 20.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-iot-companies-ranking-q2-2015-v2-min-1-.png
    IBM, Google, Intel Leading World in IoT Investment
    07-16-15 07:32 PM
    Brokerages Set BlackBerry Price Target at $9.70 (NASDAQ:BBRY) | sleekmoney

BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) has received a consensus recommendation of “Hold” from the thirty brokerages that are covering the company, Marketbeat reports. Eight equities research analysts have rated the stock with a sell recommendation, eighteen have issued a hold recommendation, three have given a buy recommendation and one has assigned a strong buy recommendation to the company. The average twelve-month price target among brokerages that have issued a report on the stock in the last year is $9.70.
    07-16-15 07:35 PM
    07-16-15 07:46 PM
    Tough run here on the stock price. Oh well. I don't think we will get much news until the end of the summer.
    On a side note, Verizon finally pushed the upgrade to 10.3. I'm really happy with the new design and a few new features on my Q10. I may go through the pain of setting up my Z10 to see the OS update in action on that device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    07-16-15 10:32 PM
    Nice of you to point that out, I would also like to point out that we traded just under 4 MM shares today, when was the last time we traded so few shares in one day? Nice to see traders leaving the trade again. Now we just need some positive news and a share buy back program ....................
    With the stock so low, how is bbry not buying back stock? Do they expect it to go lower? Kind of worrisome...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 10:40 PM
    OT :
    How Dangerous Is End-to-End Encryption?
    The NSA and End-to-End Encryption - The Atlantic

Federal officials say they need a “backdoor” to protect the public.
    Technologists warn that there is no way to build in a “backdoor” just for law enforcement, much as there’s no way to outfit a safe with a backdoor that only the FBI can open. If encryption is weakened so that government can, in theory, access anyone’s data with a warrant, then in practice, everyone’s communications will be vulnerable to Chinese hackers, the Russian government, and NSA employees operating beyond constitutional bounds without individualized warrants.
    They've no idea of what BES is ...
    07-17-15 06:16 AM
    Tough run here on the stock price. Oh well. I don't think we will get much news until the end of the summer.
    On a side note, Verizon finally pushed the upgrade to 10.3. I'm really happy with the new design and a few new features on my Q10. I may go through the pain of setting up my Z10 to see the OS update in action on that device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Blackberry security summit in New York is next Thursday! There should be lots of news.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 07:49 AM
    With the stock so low, how is bbry not buying back stock? Do they expect it to go lower? Kind of worrisome...

Posted via CB10
    spiller !!

I just don't care if they purchase a single share, it costs money that could be used to acquire another company and add to revenues. The only good thing about the share buy back is the removal of trading shares for day traders meaning we'll benefit from lower volumes and disinterest in short sales. The bigger picture is why did we drop volume back to 4 MM shares yesterday when our average run rate is 8 - 10 million each day for June and July. We won't know how many shares they are buying nor when they make those purchases so I don't sweat the issue. I would like to see them work towards increasing revenues and hopefully profits and report back to the market ASAP. I'm really interested in today's follow through volumes.

Our major problem is how do you get the price of your stock to go above consensus average 12 month target rates? If the average is now $ 8.00/shr for the next 12 months, we are there and few stocks trade at or above their target rates. This is a problem in the short term and we need to hear from BlackBerry about some growth opportunities to justify paying more than consensus for the stock this month. Chen dug himself something of a real stock price hole with the last Q mix-up, that is more concerning then the share buy back at any price for me.
    Corbu, jxnb, bungaboy and 19 others like this.
    07-17-15 08:19 AM
    Where's the outrage????

OT: Microsoft deals �a big blow� to Finnish town with Nokia unit closure

Microsoft deals ?a big blow? to Finnish town with Nokia unit closure - The Globe and Mail

When U.S. software giant Microsoft bought Nokia�s struggling mobile phone business last year, the inhabitants of Salo � a town of 54,000 in southern Finland � thought the move would revive the local economy.

But their hopes were crushed last week when Microsoft announced it would close Nokia�s former product development unit in the town, putting all 1,100 jobs at risk.

Last year the U.S. company had said it could hire more staff in Salo.

The decline of Finland�s electronics industry as Nokia lost competitiveness against peers Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., along with falling global demand for paper products and EU sanctions on neighbouring Russia, have entrenched the Scandinavian country in a three-year recession. Towns such as Salo, home to one of Nokia�s first factories set up in the 1970s, have been particularly hard hit.

Prime Minister Juha Sipila called Microsoft�s decision last week �a big blow,� and visited Salo on Monday to hear from locals how the government could best help the town.

A former engineer and telecoms executive, Mr. Sipila was elected in April on a promise to balance Finland�s budget, cut bureaucracy and lower taxes for small companies. He has advocated the role of entrepreneurship in getting Finland back on track, but that may be a tough transition for an economy that became so dependent on Nokia.

Ten years ago, Nokia�s operations in Salo employed 5,000 people and even in 2008, more than a fifth of all jobs in the area were within information technology.

Today Salo�s unemployment rate stands at 15 per cent, well above the national rate of 9.7 per cent, following the closure of a Nokia factory in 2012 and previous Microsoft layoffs. Closing the product development unit could push it up to 20 per cent.

High unemployment and the angst among Finns about where their country is headed is reflected in the rising popularity of the eurosceptic Finns Party, now a coalition partner, and in Finland�s recent tough stance in euro zone negotiations on bailout funds for Greece.

Finnish politicians expressed their solidarity with Salo on social media.

�My staff and I have been closely following the death curve,� said Salo�s mayor Antti Rantakokko, referring to the decline in recent years of Windows� share of the global smart phone market to just 2-3 per cent.

He said some technology companies had been in contact with him about investing in Salo, but would not elaborate.

Microsoft, in an emailed statement to Reuters, said that, under its new strategy, the company would cut the range of smart phones it sells and so would not need three development sites in Finland.

Two Finnish sites, in Espoo and Tampere, will remain open, but of its 3,200 employees in Finland, only 900 may survive after negotiations between Microsoft and Finnish employees, expected to start later this month.

�We were of the impression that Microsoft would give its phone business a bit longer to see if it can grow,� said Aimo Leskela, a trade union shop steward and 30-year veteran at Nokia.

Mika Paukkeri, another shop steward, said he hoped Microsoft would cut its staff in Salo, not shut it down altogether.

Sipila said Finland would apply for aid from the European Globalization Adjustment Fund, which supports people who have lost their jobs following major structural changes.

Manufacturing of mobile phone handsets shifted from Salo to Asia in 2012.

Shopping for fabrics in a local store this week, Maria Gustafsson said of the 20 years she has spent in Salo, �it has never felt so bad living here. First Nokia closes the factory, now this.�
    07-17-15 08:46 AM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The Blackberry security summit in New York is next Thursday! There should be lots of news.

Posted via CB10
    Better be! SP is down over 27 percent since beginning of the year!... totally unacceptable!!.... they need Venice to be that breakthrough device and they need to announce more strategic partnerships with big players...

Find ways to ramp up revenue and get that on an upwards trajectory... asap!!!

End rant...

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    07-17-15 09:29 AM
    I'd just be happy for the phone to be released so I can buy it! I would love to upgrade my z30, as much as I do love it regardless lol.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    07-17-15 10:09 AM
    I'd just be happy for the phone to be released so I can buy it! I would love to upgrade my z30, as much as I do love it regardless lol.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Yes. Same here. I am dying to upgrade my Q10 to Slider. I'd have upgraded to Classic had its internals been upgraded. I tried Passport for few days but I couldn't get used to 3-row keyboard. So, Slider it is for me.
    helopilot06 and CDM76 like this.
    07-17-15 12:05 PM
    I hope my luck changes, coz I invested in LOTTO MAX for tonight, it's 55 millions + 30 smaller prizes of one million each

Only in Canada !! , sorry guys from other countries.

IIFFF I win I'm betting big on BB

Just day dreaming !!

Have a nice weekend everyone !

CHEERS!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150715_175948.jpg
    07-17-15 12:09 PM
    OT - but interesting none the less - Google is having the best day a stock ever had in terms of adding market cap. They've added 60 billion dollars today after announcing earnings last night.

Futher based on their current reported holdings, Larry Page and Sergei Brin have added 8 billion dollars to their accounts.

Talk about winning the Lotto...
    Last edited by randall2580; 07-17-15 at 02:20 PM.
    07-17-15 02:03 PM
    Motley Fool article...

Is BlackBerry Ltd. a Bargain at $10 Per Share?

Since John Chen became CEO of BlackBerry Ltd. (TSX:BB)(NASDAQ:BBRY) in late 2013, the company has, without a doubt, made tremendous progress. But the shares remain stuck at $10.

So, that leads us to the all-important question, the one that�s very difficult to answer: is this price a bargain?

Why $10 is pricey

After accounting for net debt, BlackBerry is valued at US$2.7 billion. This works out to roughly 0.9 times trailing revenues. For most companies, this ratio would be very low.

But for BlackBerry, this is a very high number. The company�s revenues are still shrinking, and it still makes practically zero profits. To put this in perspective, even if BlackBerry were to stop its revenue slide AND achieve a 5% profit margin after tax, the stock would still trade at 18 times earnings. Meanwhile, the banks trade for about 12 times earnings, and most are still growing their bottom lines.

Now, this may be a simplistic approach, but there�s a very important point to be made here: a lot of optimism is already built into BlackBerry�s stock price. So, even if Mr. Chen does get BlackBerry on solid footing, there may not be any upside for the shares.

Why $10 is a bargain

For months, I have argued that BlackBerry�s assets and capabilities would be more valuable in another company�s hands. And when looking at the numbers, BlackBerry starts to look like a real bargain.

Back in January Reuters reported that Samsung wanted to buy BlackBerry for US$7.5 billion, or roughly US$15 per share. And even though neither side officially confirmed the report, pundits generally agreed that the move made sense for Samsung.

The Korean giant has had trouble gaining traction in the enterprise market, and BlackBerry could have helped with that. Samsung also covets BlackBerry�s patents. As a bonus, Samsung would own QNX, an operating system that has made great progress in the lucrative Internet of Things market.

Unfortunately, BlackBerry rejected the offer, claiming it was too low. So, to put this in perspective, Samsung wanted to pay US$15 per share. BlackBerry said this was unreasonably low. And you can buy shares for $10. All of a sudden, the stock looks like a bargain.

And since then, there have been some very positive developments for BlackBerry. Most notably, it has signed a big licensing deal with Cisco Systems, Inc., providing a big boost to its software division.

What should you do?

BlackBerry remains one of Canada�s most polarizing stocks, and for good reason. There�s a strong case that this stock is too expensive, and also a strong case that this is a bargain.

There�s no point pretending to have the answer. But one thing is clear: there�s a lot of uncertainty surrounding BlackBerry. And for that reason, you shouldn�t devote a large chunk of your portfolio to the name. ....

awindsr and CDM76 like this.
    07-17-15 02:08 PM
    OT - but interesting none the less - Google is having the best day a stock ever had in terms of adding market cap. They've added 60 billion dollars today after announcing earnings last night.

Futher based on their current reported holdings, Larry Page and Sergei Brin have added 8 billion dollars to their accounts.

Talk about winning the Lotto...
    And I was just hoping for an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie 55M Canadian, that's roughly 42M American
    randall2580 likes this.
    07-17-15 02:46 PM
113,256 ... 34653466346734683469 ...