Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Corbu 2.0 !
    Nice find.

Now, about the new kid on the block, I'd be tempted to evaluate his performance at Cisco (and clearly mind where he comes from).
    If he performed -say- OK, then I believe he can have been 'sent' by Cisco (or, at least with their blessing). And then, we're up for a new round of speculations, re 'how far could this go ? '.

Edit : oh...
    Cisco's (CSCO) CEO John Chambers on Q1 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha

Attachment 362323

OT: Greece
    Breathe normally guys. We, Europeans can sometimes be quite weird for 'American' eyes, but at the end of the day, that's business and money. But also, a family affair...
    Back to business, for now !
    Greece blinked...their games cost them big. Germany wanted them out and made them pay dearly....more dearly than the offer before their referendum.
    awindsr and anon(4086547) like this.
    07-13-15 05:17 PM
    As confirm by Bunga dude, my interpretation was indeed RIGHT.
    As to your scenario, sure that could be possible, but equally plausible that he didn't do a good job and was let go.
    I still don't see your point here.

(pssst...hey plasmid_boy.....here, you may want to use this)...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-5d57qh.jpg
    07-13-15 05:40 PM
    At least some positive spin...
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/3321...ozy-with-cisco

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 05:53 PM
    Been a tough few weeks holding BlackBerry shares for me so I thought I would self-medicate. Here's hoping for better weeks ahead!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150713_180258.jpg

Z30STA100-5 � 10.3.2.2339
    bungaboy, smart548, Corbu and 16 others like this.
    07-13-15 05:55 PM
    Great minds think alike . . . LoL

(pssst...hey plasmid_boy.....here, you may want to use this)...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5d57qh.jpg 
Views:	1502 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	362344
    07-13-15 05:55 PM
    Been a tough few weeks holding BlackBerry shares for me so I thought I would self-medicate. Here's hoping for better weeks ahead!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150713_180258.jpg 
Views:	1894 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	362345

Z30STA100-5 • 10.3.2.2339
    Very nice looking phone!
    07-13-15 06:07 PM
    Rrrriiight. Or Sims could have left because he thought the path the company is taking is bonkers, and BlackBerry had to scramble to find a replacement. I'm personally not that impressed by constant changes in management.

Posted via CB10
    Riiiiiiiight.
    You just said the same thing, but decided to concoct a storyline and make it yours.
    Thanks for the narrative, but you just wildly, guessed a scenario where Plasmas blanket, general statement already made your reply moot.
    Re read his answer again and remove your plot.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 07:15 PM
    FTR:
    BlackBerry Hires Cisco Executive to Lead Global Sales - WSJ

By BEN DUMMETT
    July 13, 2015 9:33 a.m. ET

BlackBerry Ltd. said Monday it named Cisco Systems Inc. sales veteran Carl Wiese to help drive its global sales efforts.

The Waterloo, Ontario, company, which is betting on device-management software and phones aimed at niche business and government customer markets to boost growth, named Mr. Wiese president, global sales.

He takes over from John Sims, who has left the company.

A spokeswoman from BlackBerry declined to comment on Mr. Sims’s sudden departure.

The management change underscores the challenges the company faces in reigniting sales growth after months of cost-cutting. BlackBerry has struggled to meet revenue expectations. In its latest quarter, revenue tumbled 32%, despite reporting a slightly stronger profit.

BlackBerry has previously tried to reignite sales through management changes. In December 2014, the company named Mr. Sims as head of global sales in an earlier bid to bolster revenue. Mr. Sims, who first joined the company at the end of 2013 as head of enterprise, was handpicked by BlackBerry Chief Executive John Chen to help him spearhead a turnaround of the company. He took over from Eric Johnson, who now oversees sales to corporate and government customers.

BlackBerry has set a target of $500 million in management-device software and security services sales for fiscal 2016, and was targeting another $100 million from BBM messaging services. However, in its latest quarterly filing, it indicated it no longer expects to reach that BBM revenue target this fiscal year due to lower-than-expected growth. It didn’t provide an updated BBM revenue guidance.

Mr. Wiese, who has spent 10 years in senior leadership positions at Cisco, was most recently senior vice president of the company’s global collaboration business.

The new executive wasn’t available for interviews, the BlackBerry spokeswoman said.
    07-13-15 08:34 PM
    Slightly OT:
    Has this been posted, already? Of so, my apologies.

Who Has Your Back? 2015: Protecting Your Data From Government Requests

https://www.eff.org/de/wp/who-has-yo...nment-requests
    https://www.eff.org/who-has-your-bac...-requests-2015

WhatsApp...
    07-13-15 08:49 PM
    The new guy would get a tonne of options exercisable at todays price ($7.70 US) Another reason for BB to keep SP low.
    Hey-Yo BBFC!

Haven't seen you around(?).
    Don't be a stranger. Most of us here don't bite.

I must admit a bit of nostalgia, since I think you were one of the first guys to answer my rookie stock question way back when.

BTW - This thread is chalked with adventure, drama, and a few tears now and then, but mostly it's just good fellas hangin' out with cutting news feeds and thought provoking comments.
    07-13-15 09:46 PM
    07-13-15 09:57 PM
    If JC walked on water . . . would that impress you?
    Hey bungaboy, I didn't want to make point with my question. I just wanted to read your opinions about the new guy, and why this replacement might be good (or bad). It was a honest question.
    And thanks for all the answers!
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    07-14-15 03:12 AM
    Here is an interesting article on the value behind the connected car.
    $40 billion in a couple years.

http://www.informationweek.com/softw...19e12a62937a94

Posted from my PassPort
    07-14-15 05:13 AM
    Here is my favorite quote from the article.

"As with all of our products, CarPlay is built from the ground up to protect your privacy using the same industry-leading safeguards already at work on iPhone," Apple said in a statement to Reuters. "All of the data is anonymized, not connected with other Apple services, and is not stored by Apple, so no one can build a profile about the driver or their travels."

Glad to see the motor companies standing up to the tech firms.

Posted from my PassPort
    Bilaal and zyben like this.
    07-14-15 05:27 AM
    http://fortune.com/2015/07/13/jaguar...witter_FORTUNE

Large scale recall due to a software glitch? The OTA update feature of QNX should be able help these automakers and have a huge market. Will the fee of QNX per vehicle increase tremendously?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 06:13 AM
    Hey bungaboy, I didn't want to make point with my question. I just wanted to read your opinions about the new guy, and why this replacement might be good (or bad). It was a honest question.
    And thanks for all the answers!
    The Sea of Galilee . . .
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    07-14-15 06:45 AM
    OK, but with this kind of logic it is allways a good sign when someone leaves a company,
    In this case . . . yes.

Remember about 2-3 ER calls back, John Chen said he was hiring about 300 super sales people?

IMO, Sims couldn't deliver as required by the timelines set out, so Chen had to get someone who could.

I think BB left Sims.
    07-14-15 06:50 AM
    In this case . . . yes.

Remember about 2-3 ER calls back, John Chen said he was hiring about 300 super sales people?

IMO, Sims couldn't deliver as required by the timelines set out, so Chen had to get someone who could.

I think BB left Sims.
    "In effort to push software revenue, BlackBerry names Cisco veteran Carl Wiese as global head of sales"
    07-14-15 07:44 AM
    It would depend on what season it was.

Posted via CB10
    Hockey season . . . on the Sea of Galilee??
    3MIKE, zyben and Mr BBRY like this.
    07-14-15 07:47 AM
    Hockey season . . . on the Sea of Galilee??
    OT - You are officially granted the title of 'Everything's Always Awesome Man'.

As for Chen walking on liquid water, I think it's as likely as whether Jesus did the same, metaphysically or metaphorically.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 07:55 AM
    OT - You are officially granted the title of 'Everything's Always Awesome Man'.

As for Chen walking on liquid water, I think it's as likely as whether Jesus did the same, metaphysically or metaphorically.

Posted via CB10
    I fail to see a SP of $7.73 as being awesome!
    07-14-15 08:11 AM
    Ha. Fair point.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 08:17 AM
    But what about a BP of $7.73......
    07-14-15 08:18 AM
    07-14-15 08:34 AM
    Looking forward to getting "WorkLife" on my carrier....!
    zyben, bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    07-14-15 08:42 AM
113,250 ... 34623463346434653466 ...