View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    My apologies guys.

I just posted a JC retweet which he has since removed from his account.

I have therefore deleted my post and ask you to do as if it had never been posted.

Don't want to mess things up for anyone and give rise to unfounded speculation. We have enough of that already.
    07-13-15 09:01 AM
    You know what I always found to be interesting? In the stocks app for bb10 the news articles for BlackBerry sourced from Google are always negative, but the articles from yahoo are positive.
    Last edited by audio_Rx; 07-13-15 at 09:45 AM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-13-15 09:11 AM
    So...Sims is gone. Do any of the more knowledgeable ones in here know whether that's a good or bad thing?

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    07-13-15 10:12 AM
    So...Sims is gone. Do any of the more knowledgeable ones in here know whether that's a good or bad thing?

Posted via CB10
    It's a good thing either way. Did they leave him or did he leave them? Who knows?
    07-13-15 10:31 AM
    It's a good thing either way. Did they leave him or did he leave them? Who knows?
    I was really surprised by this. Sims was one of the former SAP execs Chen had recruited himself in Dec 2013. Short tenure especially considering they knew each other very well.
    07-13-15 10:37 AM
    Why is it a good thing?
    07-13-15 10:47 AM
    I agree with most of what you are saying. However, never say never. Anything is possible.

Posted via CB10

(Substitute Bond for Chen, and the other bloke for Austin Powers
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    07-13-15 11:00 AM
    ^^^

That's it! That's all she wrote! Bring out the Fat Lady!!!

j/k
    ... The question is, how did this chap perform at said previous companies, and what was the reason(s) for his departure?
    The security summit on the 23rd should give us a clue.

Sometimes I'd like to be a fly on the wall at BlackBerry HQ, instead of a soup stain on Chen's shirt, due to holding this hot potato of a stock.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    07-13-15 11:05 AM
    https://twitter.com/JohnChen/status/619964696221741056

Can some of you guys suggest me what this reply mean? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 11:31 AM
    How can we (or you) know that it's a good thing either way? Because it happened? Not sure what you're talking about...?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 11:45 AM
    How can we (or you) know that it's a good thing either way? Because it happened? Not sure what you're talking about...?

Posted via CB10
    It seems obvious to me. If he was fired for not doing a good job, then it is good that he is gone. If he left because he didn't like the position, then it is good that someone else is taking the job. But maybe my interpretation is wrong?
    kadakn01, Corbu, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    07-13-15 12:23 PM
    The new guy would get a tonne of options exercisable at todays price ($7.70 US) Another reason for BB to keep SP low.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    07-13-15 12:39 PM
    Anecdotal:

So, looking at Mr. Wiese's TWTR account, when did he start following BBRY? On the 4th of June...

And how about MobileIron, Samsung Mobile, AirWatch, Good, etc.? On the 19th of June...

https://twitter.com/carl_wiese
    kadakn01, sidhuk, bungaboy and 9 others like this.
    07-13-15 12:45 PM
    My $0.02 cents is that if BlackBerry can get a home run or even a triple on a handset they would be very well off. Even in BBOS' waning years, handset profits dwarfed software/SAF revenues.

The problem I see with the software business is that they either focus on customers who want to have super secret communications (SecuSmart) or want versatility (Movirtu).

US DoD has somehow convinced themselves that going for more than one supplier is cheaper than going with their once largest supplier that faltered and picked themselves up. I guess Apple and Samsung have made their phones cheaper than BlackBerry devices because using retail (non-wholesale discounted prices) going iPhone/Samsung made no sense. US DoD is focused on bringing costs down, so I doubt they'd be buying very many $2,000+ SecuSmart secured phones/tablets.

Besides that, SecuSmart and Movirtu have carrier adoption as their biggest issue. It doesn't matter how good the products are if BlackBerry can't get carriers to offer them. So the gist of this post is that BlackBerry needs to somehow work magic with the carriers since handsets and Movirtu and SecuSmart really depend on carrier acceptance and buy in. Once that happens though, the revenue spigot should open wide.

Focusing on the "enterprise" is just an alternate way of trying to get carriers to accept BlackBerry again. Then again, maybe showing demand is the only way to get carrier support. I. The end, carrier support is what is needed.

If John Sims wasn't able to get it done, hopefully the new guy can.

Hope this ramble made sense.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, awindsr and Bacon Munchers like this.
    07-13-15 12:53 PM
    Anecdotal:

So, looking at Mr. Wiese's TWTR account, when did he start following BBRY? On the 4th of June...

And how about MobileIron, Samsung Mobile, AirWatch, Good, etc.? On the 19th of June...

Nice CSI CrackBerry work !!

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer...."
    07-13-15 01:21 PM
    It seems obvious to me. If he was fired for not doing a good job, then it is good that he is gone. If he left because he didn't like the position, then it is good that someone else is taking the job. But maybe my interpretation is wrong?
    OK, but with this kind of logic it is allways a good sign when someone leaves a company,
    07-13-15 01:50 PM
    OK, but with this kind of logic it is allways a good sign when someone leaves a company,
    or, no one should ever leave a company, ever?
    did you read his replacement's resume? new comer left Cisco, Apple, Avaya, Lucent and Texas Instruments to join this dead company.
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    07-13-15 02:34 PM
    This!!!

Why is it a good thing?

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    07-13-15 02:38 PM
    Anecdotal:

Corbu 2.0 !
    Nice find.

Now, about the new kid on the block, I'd be tempted to evaluate his performance at Cisco (and clearly mind where he comes from).
    If he performed -say- OK, then I believe he can have been 'sent' by Cisco (or, at least with their blessing). And then, we're up for a new round of speculations, re 'how far could this go ? '.

Edit : oh...
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2676...all-transcript
    John Chambers - Chairman and CEO
    Thank you very much, Mel. I�m pleased to report another solid quarter, our strongest Q1 ever in terms of revenues, non-GAAP operating income and non-GAAP earnings per share. We grew revenues this quarter to $12.2 billion, up from $0.01 year-over-year, returning to growth as we said we would.
    Attachment 362323

OT: Greece
    Breathe normally guys. We, Europeans can sometimes be quite weird for 'American' eyes, but at the end of the day, that's business and money. But also, a family affair...
    Back to business, for now !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-13-15 at 02:58 PM.
    3MIKE, bungaboy, jxnb and 8 others like this.
    07-13-15 02:46 PM
    Rrrriiight. Or Sims could have left because he thought the path the company is taking is bonkers, and BlackBerry had to scramble to find a replacement. I'm personally not that impressed by constant changes in management.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 03:03 PM
    Let me rephrase: (100% speculative though). He was dismissed because the Cisco relationship and future enhanced one.

OT : Plancha time, oignons first !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150713_204214.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 03:09 PM
    Why is it a good thing?
    Rrrriiight. Or Sims could have left because he thought the path the company is taking is bonkers, and BlackBerry had to scramble to find a replacement. I'm personally not that impressed by constant changes in management.

Posted via CB10
    If JC walked on water . . . would that impress you?
    3MIKE, Greened, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    07-13-15 03:13 PM
    ummm... (raises hand ) ....
    do you all think that maybe age (or health) was the deciding factor for Sims?
    bungaboy, CDM76 and zyben like this.
    07-13-15 03:19 PM
    If JC walked on water . . . would that impress you?
    It would depend on what season it was.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 03:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    As confirm by Bunga dude, my interpretation was indeed RIGHT.
    As to your scenario, sure that could be possible, but equally plausible that he didn't do a good job and was let go.
    I still don't see your point here.
    07-13-15 03:47 PM
113,256 ... 34613462346334643465 ...