• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    full interview with The Exchange with Amanda Lang, starts at 27 mark
    The Exchange with Amanda Lang - The Exchange with Amanda Lang - CBC Player
    07-09-15 09:30 PM
    Attachment 361711

That seem to be a 'REAL' photo..Is the last one the Venice???

Posted via CB10
    Nah, I'd say the last one is either an apple cider, or perhaps a home made stout.
    07-09-15 09:50 PM
    Just FTR, on today's "announcement":
    BlackBerry and Google announce new partnership for Android in business [Updated] | CrackBerry.com

Correction - This post regrettably requires some clarification as it's not a new partnership at all. In the midst of all the Android rumors floating about along with the recent BES12.2 news which, brings integration with Samsung's KNOX Workspace, Android for Work, and Apple Device Enrollment Program, the Google page hosted by BlackBerry was updated and mistaken for a recent announcement when, in fact, these announcements were made previously.
    kadakn01, CDM76, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    07-09-15 09:59 PM
    The Google / Android / Samsung rumours . . .

07-10-15 07:54 AM
    Remember, JC believes that he can make money in the handset business (gone are the days where he stated that he makes a profit on each unit sold)....

At any rate, he will introduce/entertain the android version to make this money (handset business unit) viable and worth keeping altogether.

People/ANALysts are calling for the handset business to be cut off completely.... but they (BB) still have options before they even get to that point...

And fast forward to the point where one day he will say, "see, I told you, I AM able to make money in the handset business" (providing the android version sells for them)

Like the quote, "by any means necessary!"
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 07-10-15 at 09:23 AM.
    07-10-15 08:48 AM
    Maybe blackberry will license hypervisor / androidsecured tech to samsung for their galaxy line in addition to using it for their own pkb devices. Then it may become the enterprise standard for android. Of course assuming play services are running or at least is optional.

Posted via CB10
    zyben likes this.
    07-10-15 09:47 AM
    AEG Ogden, BMD Group, Morea Architects, STENTOFON Australia and government departments choose BES12 for multi-OS enterprise mobility

� BlackBerry wins deal with Australian-based organisation to enable end-to-end security for up to 5,000 Samsung KNOX-enabled devices
    Cross-platform Enterprise Mobility Strategy Creates Momentum for BlackBerry in Australia - Press Releases
    zyben, Mr BBRY, jxnb and 5 others like this.
    07-10-15 10:22 AM
    Remember, JC believes that he can make money in the handset business (gone are the days where he stated that he makes a profit on each unit sold)....
    And Steve Ballmer was convinced that Nokia could thrive in the handset business to the tune of $7.2 billion dollars.
    07-10-15 10:34 AM
    And Steve Ballmer was convinced that Nokia could thrive in the handset business to the tune of $7.2 billion dollars.
    Yes...on their "own" windows os platform...
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    07-10-15 10:50 AM
    This share price performance in an up market is just unbelievable

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 10:53 AM
    This share price performance in an up market is just unbelievable

Posted via CB10
    Well we all know that there just CAN'T be two positive days in a row. I mean what would the shorts say ?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 11:22 AM
    full interview with The Exchange with Amanda Lang, starts at 27 mark
    The Exchange with Amanda Lang - The Exchange with Amanda Lang - CBC Player
    What a GREAT interview (imo).

Much of what he said we have heard many times (and that is a good sign to me, because it means stability, and it shows they are still focused on their plan and not some half a$$ knee jerk reaction to the current situation... . and, I'm a firm believer that their plan has success written all over it, so I'm glad they are still following through). Big Plus.

Also, the thing that stuck for me (even though it has been reiterated before) is the emphasis of Shareholder Value...and getting it to where it should be. It seems that this is a big issue for JC, and based on his background and what he brings t the table, he will make this happen.

I'm not sure if previous management spoke or expressed their concern on this aspect as much, and so, I got the impression that this is the current management's their top priority..... and personally, I feel good about this.
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 07-10-15 at 03:02 PM.
    07-10-15 12:18 PM
    MOBL up 6% BlackBerry down 1.5%? Hmmmm

Well this is certainly cheap. I'll still wait for Monday to throw more money in the BlackBerry pot...

Have a great weekend gang!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 12:31 PM
    Well we all know that there just CAN'T be two positive days in a row. I mean what would the shorts say ?

Posted via CB10
    It seems that the problem now is a lack of buyers (even at this price), instead of an overwhelming short selling activities.

Speculators and hedge funds are selling the stock because they no longer think an acquisition will happen. And at the same time there are still no value focused institutional investors getting interested in the stock.

On the other hand, is Prem Watsa feeling the pressure now when BBRY is going down every day? Also is that he has quite substantial exposure to Greece?

Posted via CB10
    k1rkland likes this.
    07-10-15 12:58 PM
    Did everybody noticed the "end to end security" ?
    OK, once I hear "I found how to secure Android" in the mouth of J.C...

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 01:08 PM
    Did everybody noticed the "end to end security" ?
    OK, once I hear "I found how to secure Android" in the mouth of J.C...

Posted via CB10
    Think it is all about timing... when he is ready to say it... he'll say it.
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-10-15 03:11 PM
    Short interest

6/30/2015 101,692,389
    6/15/2015 90,906,659
    07-10-15 03:13 PM
    Short interest

6/30/2015101,692,389
    6/15/2015 90,906,659
    One good sign at least

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 03:20 PM
    One good sign at least

Posted via CB10
    No. It's not good. The idea that a large short interest is 'fuel for the fire later' rarely holds true. We need the shorts to leave, this will mark a big turning point for the company.

A high short interest means influential WS names are betting against BBRY and spreading their narrative. Do not under estimate their influence.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 04:14 PM
    "BlackBerry downplayed the significance of its domain name purchases in an email on Friday, saying: “BlackBerry frequently registers domain names to support the breadth of our cross-platform portfolio. Android is an important part of our cross-platform enterprise software strategy.”

Indeed, one of the domains, “AndroidSecured.com”, currently redirects users to a BlackBerry enterprise-focused site."
    07-10-15 04:21 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd?s purchase of Android-related domain names sparks Android phone speculation | Financial Post

Euan Rocha, Reuters

TORONTO � BlackBerry Ltd, which has been coy about its ambitions to make a mainstream Android smartphone, fuelled more speculation about its plans this week when it scooped up two Android-related domain names.

Several blog posts in the last two days have noted that the Canadian handset maker bought the domain names �AndroidSecured.com� and �AndroidSecured.net� this week. That spurred more chatter that it intends to build a device powered by Google Inc�s Android platform, which powers the vast majority of smartphones sold across the globe.

The purchase of the domain names is particularly interesting since BlackBerry Chief Executive John Chen has declined to confirm a June Reuters report that said the company was planning an Android phone.

Speculation that BlackBerry will embrace Android was also spurred this week by a Digitimes report that said the company plans to roll out several models of Android-based phones.

In the past three weeks, however, Chen has said at least twice that he would only build an Android phone if he can �secure Android.�

BlackBerry downplayed the significance of its domain name purchases in an email on Friday, saying: �BlackBerry frequently registers domain names to support the breadth of our cross-platform portfolio. Android is an important part of our cross-platform enterprise software strategy.�

Indeed, one of the domains, �AndroidSecured.com�, currently redirects users to a BlackBerry enterprise-focused site.

But that has not stopped a barrage of chatter on tech blogs about the purchases being part of BlackBerry�s plan to build its own secure Android, going beyond supporting existing Android phones on its BES12 device-management system. BES12 allows corporate and government clients to secure Android-, iOS-, Windows- and BlackBerry-powered devices on their networks.

Under the leadership of Chen, the Waterloo, Ontario-based company has been pivoting toward software and device management as its recent devices, powered by its BlackBerry 10 software, have failed to win mass appeal. Analysts and tech gurus believe a move to Android could give BlackBerry�s device arm a new lease on life.

The company already helps provide enhanced security for some of Samsung Electronics� Android line-up. It also helped U.S. aircraft maker and defense contractor Boeing Co build Boeing Black, an ultrasecure Android smartphone for defence and security customers.
    07-10-15 04:54 PM
    OT: The clickbaiters are unionizing, and you won’t believe what happened next

The clickbaiters are unionizing, and you won?t believe what happened next - The Globe and Mail
    Corbu, zyben, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    07-10-15 05:41 PM
    The irony of that title

Posted via CB10
    notfanboy and app_Developer like this.
    07-10-15 06:17 PM
    07-10-15 06:36 PM
    OT: Huge data breach prompts resignation of top US official
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33481285

The director of the US Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has resigned after a massive data breach involving more than 20 million people.
    Katherine Archuleta said she would step down on Friday to help the department "move beyond the current challenges".
    Authorities suspect that Chinese-based hackers targeted the computer systems of the OPM, which acts as the personnel office of the federal government.
    Initially the OPM said four million workers were affected by the breach.
    However, the department disclosed on Thursday that the data of more than 20 million people, including current and former employees, may have been compromised.
    Authorities in Beijing have publicly denied any involvement.
    Ms Archuleta resignation comes a day after Democrats and Republicans in Congress called for her to step aside as the scope of the data breach expanded significantly.
    Among the data targeted were forms used to vet potential employees of federal agencies including as the CIA and branches of the military.
    The stolen data includes health and financial information, criminal records, and the names and addresses of government employees and their relatives.
    Experts are concerned that the sensitive information could be used to blackmail US agents.

What was stolen?
    social security numbers
    residency and educational history
    employment history
    information about immediate family and other personal and business acquaintances
    health, criminal and financial history
    findings from interviews conducted by background investigators
    fingerprints
    usernames and passwords that background investigation applicants used
    Source: OPM news release

Last month, US intelligence chief James Clapper said China was the "leading suspect" in the massive data breaches.
    His comments came after three days of high-level talks in which China and the US agreed to a "code of conduct" on cyber security issues.
    US Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton said China was "trying to hack into everything that doesn't move in America".
    But China has dismissed claims of involvement as "irresponsible and unscientific".

#BBFactCheck
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    07-10-15 07:18 PM
113,256 ... 34583459346034613462 ...