View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c00093fdd_e1452230-24d0-11e5-b3e9-0200ac11f436.jpeg

Props to BlackBerry Life Style
    07-07-15 01:56 PM
    The thing is, all these Android makers are having a hard time dominating the market (on an individual basis) because they reaaaallly do not have a differentiator.... This is why they "rush" to get a phone out with the latest feature and make a big deal of this insignificant gimmick....which others will have in a matter of months.

So at the end of the day, they are all alike....

In essence, you need a true competitive advantage.... Not a short lived "gimmicky" one that really doesn't qualify as a competitive advantage.

Enter BlackBerry.

(Should the rumours materialize)

They will be able to provide an Android Based phone that will offer what others cannot duplicate or come close to offering, and that is, a "BlackDroid" phone that will have, and be known for, as THE most secure android phone. PERIOD.

So the likes of HTC, Samsung, Sony, Oppo, Xiaomi, etc...will never be able to offer that competitive advantage (hence the buyout attempts/rumours) and will have to rely on short lived gimmicks to "try" and get customers attention.

So maybe with this type of competitive advantage might be beneficial to BlackBerry (especially in the beginning).... But really, BB should license out their offerings and let all the big and small phone makers fight the losing battle....

After all (hate to say it), mobile phone hardware (that share a common platform like Android) will become a commodity !!!
    And the phone will also have a physical keyboard as another differentiator. So folks will not give up any screen real estate (and actually have more compared to an on-screen keyboard device) and have an amazing Passport-like pkb. It will be serving a unique market niche.

Passport on AT&T
    zyben, Shanerredflag and georg4BB like this.
    07-07-15 02:40 PM
    And the phone will also have a physical keyboard as another differentiator. So folks will not give up any screen real estate (and actually have more compared to an on-screen keyboard device) and have an amazing Passport-like pkb. It will be serving a unique market niche.
    Heck, even well known WSJ BB basher and "expert", Joanna Stern, would be on board, it appears...

07-07-15 02:44 PM
    BlackBerry listed as one of the "Winners"

Why Autonomous Vehicles Will Revolutionize Production

Why Autonomous Vehicles Will Revolutionize Production - Cantech Letter
    07-07-15 04:28 PM
    Hope everyone is doing well. I posted some thoughts a while back and am lurking this thread every day. Today is my bday and took a huge "gamble" by turning bbry into 98% of my portfolio! A bit queezy now after I bought this morning thinking the floor was around $8ish then bam. Nice reversal today though.

Reading a Seeking Alpha article got me over thinking and starting to feel like I just tried to catch a falling knife (I know bbry is only for those that can stomach it). Thought about this last night and the current value seems completely absurd... even with any correction. Between cash, positive cash flow, BES, QNX, BBM, handsets plus the additions of secusmart, movirtu, watchdox... $8/share seems like a rather steep discount.

I'll be honest though and state that since I was planning on routing for BlackBerry on the sidelines when I managed to get out of my previous long-term position, I did not listen to the CC. This is when the stock began it's slow and steady decline. When earnings were released the stock shot up, after the CC... you know the rest. From what I understood and read JC seemed "off" during the call and there wasn't much transparency on software due to the patent licensing deal and privacy protection. As an investor, the fact that companies are now paying BlackBerry to cross-license patents or use BlackBerry patents would be a positive, but that's where things seem to have gotten worse. Correct me if I am wrong here.

The stock seems way oversold and out of its normal trading range of 9-11 with a little give down and up. Had to laugh at the tank and new 52 week low today after making a sizeable purchase. My luck lol... I know a fellow poster in this thread told me not to worry too much about the short-term movements if you believe in the company long-term, but everyone wants to get in at the best price they can obviously. Anyway, not sure where the bottom is here. I think today proved that there's more downside to go although at this level the downside has to be minimal; just my thoughts.

Anyway, I wonder if the CC is still up? Would be an interesting listen now that I'm back and basically all in. That SA article made me feel like I took a complete gamble, but with my DD I know I need to disregard such articles. Guess we'll see what this week brings! I'm not all that positive knowing that JC is buying back shares and he will likely want to buy back at this depressed level. On the other hand, I can't see BlackBerry's other big holders too thrilled about the current SP. Honestly though, you'd think we'd here some more from JC after ER, but have only heard silence. I'm aware as well that he has a job to do and is, hopefully, focused on increasing shareholders' value (as he's stated numerous times). At least BlackBerry fired back regarding the loss of Australia government/customers.

Just throwing out some thoughts after my first day back in since it was kinda shaky. Gotta love the volatility of bbry. Anyway, I can check the investor page but would like to listen to that CC if still available as it went downhill from there. Anyone know if it's still available? Hope we are at the bottom and can't wait for the security summit in a few weeks!

Thanks for all the great posts here; very useful and helpful in ignoring the negative noise.

Edit: Wanted to add on geopolitics and whatnot. After the big NO vote I thought Monday would have shown more volatility than today. Not sure if these "talks" are accomplishing much at the moment and there's also China and a few other issues of concern that I factored in as well. The bbry SP has been a buy, at least in my opinion, for a bit now but all of these other market concerns left me on the fence for a while. Too hard to pass on bbry at this level though even in a 'not so sure' market. GLTA :-)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RLTurn77; 07-07-15 at 06:57 PM.
    Mr BBRY, zyben, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    07-07-15 06:31 PM
    Am I the only one who sold all their shares when the first android-BlackBerry rumor started? At least I made some profit..
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-07-15 07:24 PM

Quick question though...If Cantech thinks Google will be the new "Intel Inside" of self driving cars, where might that leave BlackBerry? I haven't read anything about Google using QNX for anything, so would Google have use for any of BlackBerry's offerings? In 10 years time, Google will probably have their Android Auto fully self sufficient to replace QNX. They will probably do as Tesla has done and come up with their own means of OTA updates too.

QNX would undoubtedly partner with other auto OEMS, but their blog only makes mention of autonomous cars, not actually running their software.

Every time an automaker demos an autonomous car, do they say which tech they are using? Hopefully something QNX related.

Again, honest question here.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 07:33 PM
    QNX is the underlying OS.
    Both car play an google car run on the top of it.
    It's not the only Os they can run with but QNX is in 50% (at least) of equipped v�hicules so that any incentive - thanks to the big two - is great perspective.
    I believe the autonomous car project for Mercedes is enhancing and close to 'Deutsche Kalidad' (BTW there's no mystery QNX and the F1 team 'partnered') .
    Apple already gave up on 'OS for cars' but sure, Google is at it. But it won't happen in seconds, notably because... it's easier with QNX, especially on the security front.
    In the meantime...
    With those coatings, infotainment systems will sell like hotcakes and that's a bless for QNX / BlackBerry !

Posted via CB10
    zyben, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    07-07-15 07:43 PM

Quick question though...If Cantech thinks Google will be the new "Intel Inside" of self driving cars, where might that leave BlackBerry?
    "Inside Intel Inside"

I haven't read anything about Google using QNX for anything, so would Google have use for any of BlackBerry's offerings?
    Best in class mobile security and expertise in the automotive industry, among other things.

In 10 years time, Google will probably have their Android Auto fully self sufficient to replace QNX. They will probably do as Tesla has done and come up with their own means of OTA updates too.
    This is very speculative.

QNX would undoubtedly partner with other auto OEMS, but their blog only makes mention of autonomous cars, not actually running their software.
    QNX Auto Blog: QNX helps drive new autonomous vehicle project
    07-07-15 08:03 PM
    QNX is the underlying OS.
    Both car play an google car run on the top of it.
    It's not the only Os they can run with but QNX is in 50% (at least) of equipped v�hicules so that any incentive - thanks to the big two - is great perspective.
    I believe the autonomous car project for Mercedes is enhancing and close to 'Deutsche Kalidad' (BTW there's no mystery QNX and the F1 team 'partnered') .
    Apple already gave up on 'OS for cars' but sure, Google is at it. But it won't happen in seconds, notably because... it's easier with QNX, especially on the security front.
    In the meantime...
    With those coatings, infotainment systems will sell like hotcakes and that's a bless for QNX / BlackBerry !

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't the Open Automotive Alliance trying to help Google make a fully contained "Android Auto" that wouldn't rely on QNX?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 08:28 PM
    Just throwing out some thoughts after my first day back in since it was kinda shaky. Gotta love the volatility of bbry. Anyway, I can check the investor page but would like to listen to that CC if still available as it went downhill from there. Anyone know if it's still available? Hope we are at the bottom and can't wait for the security summit in a few weeks!
    It is. You will find it here:
    http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/sn4q2bxa

Transcript here:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/3279...all-transcript

GL!
    07-07-15 08:58 PM
    Thanks for the reply; definitely appreciate it! Actually just finished the entire call and Q&A... thought it went pretty well. Ended up going back to the front page article here for the number and code.

Some fumbling of numbers in the end, but everything was there and all seemed well. With 2600 more BES customers added in the quarter + new revenue streams and some ramping up with carriers, I'm kinda dumbfounded by the stock drop after the call.

These levels aren't justified. Chen did say he would report back quarter over quarter core software numbers which I haven't heard yet, but the only downside I could pick at would be a slower ramp up of BBM rev.

Liked hearing that the Passport is selling steady and that the Classic is on an uptick. Leap still being rolled out. I know that the focus shouldn't be on hardware, but it's still a significant portion of revenue.

I was overall impressed with the CC. Maybe because I went in expecting it to be horrible lol idk. Anyway, I really hope Chen can get his shares bought and start getting some positive news out there. He did talk about brand awareness. Oh and QNX seems to be a nice bright spot as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 09:24 PM
    Hope everyone is doing well. I posted some thoughts a while back and am lurking this thread every day. Today is my bday and took a huge "gamble" by turning bbry into 98% of my portfolio! A bit queezy now after I bought this morning thinking the floor was around $8ish then bam. Nice reversal today though.

Reading a Seeking Alpha article got me over thinking and starting to feel like I just tried to catch a falling knife (I know bbry is only for those that can stomach it). Thought about this last night and the current value seems completely absurd... even with any correction. Between cash, positive cash flow, BES, QNX, BBM, handsets plus the additions of secusmart, movirtu, watchdox... $8/share seems like a rather steep discount.

I'll be honest though and state that since I was planning on routing for BlackBerry on the sidelines when I managed to get out of my previous long-term position, I did not listen to the CC. This is when the stock began it's slow and steady decline. When earnings were released the stock shot up, after the CC... you know the rest. From what I understood and read JC seemed "off" during the call and there wasn't much transparency on software due to the patent licensing deal and privacy protection. As an investor, the fact that companies are now paying BlackBerry to cross-license patents or use BlackBerry patents would be a positive, but that's where things seem to have gotten worse. Correct me if I am wrong here.

The stock seems way oversold and out of its normal trading range of 9-11 with a little give down and up. Had to laugh at the tank and new 52 week low today after making a sizeable purchase. My luck lol... I know a fellow poster in this thread told me not to worry too much about the short-term movements if you believe in the company long-term, but everyone wants to get in at the best price they can obviously. Anyway, not sure where the bottom is here. I think today proved that there's more downside to go although at this level the downside has to be minimal; just my thoughts.

Anyway, I wonder if the CC is still up? Would be an interesting listen now that I'm back and basically all in. That SA article made me feel like I took a complete gamble, but with my DD I know I need to disregard such articles. Guess we'll see what this week brings! I'm not all that positive knowing that JC is buying back shares and he will likely want to buy back at this depressed level. On the other hand, I can't see BlackBerry's other big holders too thrilled about the current SP. Honestly though, you'd think we'd here some more from JC after ER, but have only heard silence. I'm aware as well that he has a job to do and is, hopefully, focused on increasing shareholders' value (as he's stated numerous times). At least BlackBerry fired back regarding the loss of Australia government/customers.

Thanks for all the great posts here; very useful and helpful in ignoring the negative noise.

Edit: Wanted to add on geopolitics and whatnot. After the big NO vote I thought Monday would have shown more volatility than today. Not sure if these "talks" are accomplishing much at the moment and there's also China and a few other issues of concern that I factored in as well. The bbry SP has been a buy, at least in my opinion, for a bit now but all of these other market concerns left me on the fence for a while. Too hard to pass on bbry at this level though even in a 'not so sure' market. GLTA :-)

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your post and subsequent thoughts after listening to the conference call. You clearly took some time to organize your thoughts and convey them effectively.

Most of us on this thread also believe in bbry and their long term value proposition. However, I respectfully urge everyone to recognize that risk is something very different than belief or strategy. There are many types of risks, both internal and external that could impact bbry stock.

I have less then 20% of my investment portfolio in bbry and none of my retirement (except if it's owned indirectly by a fund or etf).

I hope your "All in" bet will not significantly impact you or your family should things go in an undesirable direction.

Of course, I also hope bbry goes to $100/share and beyond... I'll just have a more limited upside.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 10:12 PM
    Thank you for your post and subsequent thoughts after listening to the conference call. You clearly took some time to organize your thoughts and convey them effectively.

Most of us on this thread also believe in bbry and their long term value proposition. However, I respectfully urge everyone to recognize that risk is something very different than belief or strategy. There are many types of risks, both internal and external that could impact bbry stock.

I have less then 20% of my investment portfolio in bbry and none of my retirement (except if it's owned indirectly by a fund or etf).

I hope your "All in" bet will not significantly impact you or your family should things go in an undesirable direction.

Of course, I also hope bbry goes to $100/share and beyond... I'll just have a more limited upside.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for reading through. I tend to ramble a bit, but you are correct that I may have bet too much. I'll be keeping a close eye on the SP this week. Really hoping for a few green days, but not expecting much movement this week in either direction.

Today's new 52 week low hasn't instilled much short-term confidence and I'm actually a bit worried about external factors and the overall market reaction at this point to issues outside of BlackBerry's control as well.

I have never put a stop on my previous BlackBerry shares, but have never invested more than I probably should have so will definitely have to keep a close eye on things and decide what I can afford to lose here if it goes that way.

I appreciate the feedback and is a definite concern of mine. Maybe got too cocky after trading BlackBerry through its normal 9-11 range a few times without issue. I'm in a bit deep now so will have to decide where to get out if this goes south.

Think that risk management is a fair reminder to all. It's a significant gamble right now for me so I really need to be careful and appreciate the reminder of this.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    07-08-15 12:44 AM
    Wasn't the Open Automotive Alliance trying to help Google make a fully contained "Android Auto" that wouldn't rely on QNX?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure about that, but if you look at the members, you'll find a lot of QNX consumers.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Automotive_Alliance
    07-08-15 05:41 AM
    Don't believe this one has been posted...interesting thoughts.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07...d_eat_it_too/?

Classically Posted.
    Corbu, rarsen, 3MIKE and 6 others like this.
    07-08-15 07:34 AM
    Anyone heard more about " BlackBerry is inviting international media to a US event in late July "
    Superfly_FR, rarsen and zyben like this.
    07-08-15 07:35 AM
    Anyone heard more about " BlackBerry is inviting international media to a US event in late July "
    BlackBerry hosting annual Security Summit on July 23rd in New York | CrackBerry.com
    07-08-15 07:36 AM
    07-08-15 07:37 AM
    OT:
    Rumour, etc.

I don't want to feed the fire but since this one does not seem to have been picked up yet, it might as well be posted here:
    BlackBerry Limited Registers Android Domain Names

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-android.png
    07-08-15 07:39 AM
    07-08-15 08:14 AM
    OT : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ff-up-1027673/

Like the spinster part at the end ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-361356d1436288001-ok-people-lets-get-real-these-android-rumors-clear-some-stuff-up-img_20150707_.png
    07-08-15 08:58 AM
    OT:
    Rumour, etc.

I don't want to feed the fire but since this one does not seem to have been picked up yet, it might as well be posted here:
    BlackBerry Limited Registers Android Domain Names

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-android.png 
Views:	1015 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	361477
    "If I can secure it, I would build the phone" ,John Chen (to the best of my memory)
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, La Emperor and 4 others like this.
    07-08-15 09:06 AM
    "If I can secure it, I would build the phone" ,John Chen (to the best of my memory)
    "... but I've not found it yet" J.C Q1FY2015 (to the best of my memory too !)
    07-08-15 09:17 AM
    "... but I've not found it yet" J.C Q1FY2015 (to the best of my memory too !)
    But lets register the domain, just in case (what I imagine JC said to a minion right afterwards)
    07-08-15 09:23 AM
113,256 ... 34543455345634573458 ...