702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You gettin' a Blueberry?
    ...It will clash with your brown shoes.

PS - Fellas. Look at this guy's stock lingo:

Attachment 360811

Huh!?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-stream_39.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-stream.jpg  
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 07-03-15 at 09:47 PM.
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    07-03-15 09:34 PM
    Android BlackBerry should sell because:

*** SOFTWARE ***
    1. General perception of being more secure

2. Hub, BlackBerry virtual keyboard and possibly other software preloaded. Perhaps BlackBerry picture password lockscreen.

*** HARDWARE ***
    3. BlackBerry physical keyboard that many touchscreen users miss but can't come back to BlackBerry for lack of apps (essential to them)

4. Generally new/fresh form factor (no quality Sliders currently exist in the market)

5. Dual edge screen (so it differentiates itself from MOST Android devices except a couple of Samsung devices)

6. Competitive Spec (so it joins league of elite Android devices and differentiates itself by leaving mid/low level Android devices behind)

*** EMM/MDM/BES integration ***
    7. Probably applies to all Android devices, but this device would be officially tested/optimized and confirmed to play nice with BES. Employees can have Android devices (that require no app-compromises and are guaranteed to play nice with corporate BES).

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, Munx, 3MIKE and 7 others like this.
    07-03-15 09:50 PM
    OT:
    Xiaomi

Xiaomi Smartphone Sales Signal Slowing Growth - WSJ

Xiaomi Smartphone Sales Signal Slowing Growth
    Chinese smartphone maker faces a saturated market and stiffer competition from Lenovo and Huawei

BEIJING—Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi Corp. showed signs of slowing growth Thursday, as it announced smartphone sales of 34.7 million units in the first half of the year, less than half its full-year target.

Xiaomi faces a challenging year as China’s smartphone market becomes more saturated and as competition picks up from local rivals like Lenovo Group Ltd. and Huawei Technologies Co. The company is focusing on expanding to other countries, such as India and Brazil.

Xiaomi Chairman Lei Jun said in a statement the figures were an “excellent report card” against the industry conditions.

“Even with the China smartphone market slowing down, we did a stellar job of posting a 33% growth on last year’s numbers,” he said.

The company had previous given a sales target of 80 million to 100 million smartphones for the full year. Xiaomi could still hit its target, as smartphone sales often pick up in the second half of the year. But the 33% first-half growth is still muted compared with the triple-digit expansion of previous years.
    07-03-15 10:07 PM
    ... Giving Corbu a bit of a break. Here is a little something from Bosnia. I post this because we never here of news from over there:

http://www.telecompaper.com/news/mte...vices--1090775

Gives a bit of insight as to what BlackBerry is charging in parts of Europe.
    kadakn01, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    07-03-15 10:10 PM
    Sick picture! Wonder if the sides have been changed?
    New square wallpaper

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crackberry-image-11-_edit.jpg

Posted with my flash Passport
    3MIKE, bungaboy, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    07-03-15 10:35 PM
    @BlackBerry: RT @BlackBerryNews: Geared up to feature our subsidiary #QNX on @LewisHamilton�s car this weekend at the #BritishGP! pic.twitter.com/MUnKAB78p9

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlackBerr...000384/photo/1

Posted with my flash Passport
    07-03-15 11:31 PM
    Exactly! QNX should be the marketing push brand name for anything software related. BES should be rebranded, although gradually, to QNX.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 07:06 AM
    A happy, healthy and safe 4th of July to all our American friends.

Classically Posted.
    Corbu, bungaboy, dusdal and 10 others like this.
    07-04-15 07:19 AM
    Market is already flooded with Android phones. Do people actually think that slapping a Android OS on a BlackBerry phone will make people drop what they have and buy that phone. Just buy a Samsung phone.

Now I agree with you and dual OS would make people change, best of both worlds. Now that would have a better selling advantage. But for me it's still BB10 or nothing!
    I very much agree with this. I had a two week experiment with Android OS and thought it was far inferior to BB10 (with the big exclusion of app support). Yes, I'm clearly bias to blackberry, but there were probably a dozen things that frustrated me every day as being more complicated compared with BB10. Snap has been a very reasonable work around for me.

I think the answer is not to dismiss BB10. They need to complement BB10 with full Android app support. Maybe they just implement Android using a Balance type of UI on the "personal" side of the device. If hypervision can make that happen, I think it's a winner.

Of course, without an effective and comprehensive multi-channel marketing strategy, it doesn't matter how good the product is. We've all been living that reality for years. . $8/share anyone

Posted via CB10
    zyben likes this.
    07-04-15 10:22 AM
    I very much agree with this. I had a two week experiment with Android OS and thought it was far inferior to BB10 (with the big exclusion of app support). Yes, I'm clearly bias to blackberry, but there were probably a dozen things that frustrated me every day as being more complicated compared with BB10. Snap has been a very reasonable work around for me.

I think the answer is not to dismiss BB10. They need to complement BB10 with full Android app support. Maybe they just implement Android using a Balance type of UI on the "personal" side of the device. If hypervision can make that happen, I think it's a winner.

Of course, without an effective and comprehensive multi-channel marketing strategy, it doesn't matter how good the product is. We've all been living that reality for years. . $8/share anyone

Posted via CB10
    Totally disagree with you! My son was an android fanboy and he picked up the BlackBerry Passport and has never looked back and will never switch back. Beside the app, there is no reason to go with android. HTML5 might have a big impact on that factor. Let's wait and see!

Have fun with the same UI!

BLACKBERRY or NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OT: QNX should do the same thing they did with connected cars on the smart phone. End of being an arm chair quarterback, that's Chens job.
    3MIKE, bungaboy, CDM76 and 4 others like this.
    07-04-15 11:20 AM
    Ud@l0ezer
    .k nn..ji.aw � #,,3+,#x,###+#o)y gE d*;; r.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 12:03 PM
    ,,dma1.33;ookw
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crackberry-image-4-.jpg
    Hh,rehXE$-
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1435923948560_862444.jpeg tx ewee,
    Xd
    Ibx xdow b..
    Ksze
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150624_171832.jpg.den Jamie. Know yk
    .b.
    Sus

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 12:04 PM
    Totally disagree with you! My son was an android fanboy and he picked up the BlackBerry Passport and has never looked back and will never switch back. Beside the app, there is no reason to go with android. HTML5 might have a big impact on that factor. Let's wait and see!

Have fun with the same UI!

BLACKBERRY or NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OT: QNX should do the same thing they did with connected cars on the smart phone. End of being an arm chair quarterback, that's Chens job.
    I think we are arguing in agreement. . I also think BB10 is superior to Android and should not be abandoned. My point was Android supports android apps better than BB10, and if BB10 could run native android for app support in addition to Bb10, it would be the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, zyben, ZayDub and 1 others like this.
    07-04-15 01:33 PM
    I think we are arguing in agreement. . I also think BB10 is superior to Android and should not be abandoned. My point was Android supports android apps better than BB10, and if BB10 could run native android for app support in addition to Bb10, it would be the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    Chen has confirmed that they are not abandoning BB10. Their biggest clients cannot use Android. Perhaps they will have 2 lines of business for hardware. One full Android and one full BB10.

I agree, it would be great if the upcoming hardware would allow Android or BB10 or both.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, zyben and 5 others like this.
    07-04-15 01:44 PM
    I would hope that in Blackberry's home country it would increase sales and take back the android users back to Blackberry. Everyone used to be Blackberry 5 years ago here and now there aren't many left. Mostly business users.
    Yeah, except in BlackBerry's home country there are a lot more iphone users than Android users.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 01:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with you. If there is anyway of doing it, John Chen and the BlackBerry QNX team will do it.
    zyben, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    07-04-15 02:30 PM
    I see your point of view, but (you knew it was coming) unless Android is put in a sandbox, only none tech people will buy (consumer space, which BlackBerry is'nt focusing). But hey if BlackBerry can make one more sale it doesn't hurt.
    its hard to say if the general consumer market will even notice....

but...

....perhaps the enterprise market will lean towards it more so, (especially in fleet applications) being that there were so many people in the enterprise space back in the day (and even general consumer market) who "remember" having a BB... ... (we hear all the time, "oh ya, I remember when I had a BlackBerry , yadda yadda yadda)...) and now (hopefully) will see the BlackBerry Android version as the secure hardcore work appropriate version and not even think twice about the app gap, but atleast it is work appropriate.... and we see so many industries nowadays make a point of moving away from the BB world, in order to accommodate the iOS or Android world so they don't feel left out and current with mainstream...

....and, i think once the adoption occurs on that level, where 2 types of phones exist, where there is NO ISSUE of APPs..... they might have a chance to sell more.....

It's an extension to their strategy now, going back to grassroots with enterprise focus (with the software focus) to the point where they eventually regain the mindset of the general market... and then having the hardware to support those needs ....
    zyben, bungaboy, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    07-04-15 03:08 PM
    Sorry about that guys my phone was in my pocket !! Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 03:12 PM
    OT: Here are two pics of Canada's new CSEC headquarters. Right next to CSIS!

This is the east side of Ottawa. QNX on the other side of town.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150704_155355.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150704_155403.jpg

Posted via CB10
    zyben, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    07-04-15 03:15 PM
    Sorry about that guys my phone was in my pocket !! Lol

Posted via CB10
    right next to the mickey !!!

lol
    3MIKE, bungaboy, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    07-04-15 03:17 PM
    dog,

I guess it will get to the point where BB will offer the work appropriate phone (in an Android version) , instead of trying their own eco system, and the rest will be iOS and general Android....

and I think once they fully offer that (since the masses are already into the $hitty OSes), BB will do better in hardware sales (even though the BB10 os is farrrrr superior)....

maybe that is why they introduced the BB Experience suite? to atleast maintain/keep the best parts of the BB10 os...

Remember, JC is all about creating and adding value to the SP..... so I'm sure he will make moves (that are not popular with the BB faithful) to achieve more value by any means necessary.... (even though we all know it is "different" and is less superior)...
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 07-04-15 at 03:33 PM.
    zyben, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    07-04-15 03:19 PM
    Chalk up another world leader to BlackBerry: French Prime Minister Manuel Valls

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-part-ref-ts-par8217496-1-1-0.jpg

France woos Chinese investors as PM wraps up fruitful trip
    07-04-15 03:24 PM
    Android BlackBerry should sell because:

*** SOFTWARE ***
    1. General perception of being more secure

2. Hub, BlackBerry virtual keyboard and possibly other software preloaded. Perhaps BlackBerry picture password lockscreen.

*** HARDWARE ***
    3. BlackBerry physical keyboard that many touchscreen users miss but can't come back to BlackBerry for lack of apps (essential to them)

4. Generally new/fresh form factor (no quality Sliders currently exist in the market)

5. Dual edge screen (so it differentiates itself from MOST Android devices except a couple of Samsung devices)

6. Competitive Spec (so it joins league of elite Android devices and differentiates itself by leaving mid/low level Android devices behind)

*** EMM/MDM/BES integration ***
    7. Probably applies to all Android devices, but this device would be officially tested/optimized and confirmed to play nice with BES. Employees can have Android devices (that require no app-compromises and are guaranteed to play nice with corporate BES).

Posted via CB10
    You have this right. It will be a premium android with a great camera lens and a hard keyboard, super res screen. It will sell in the millions.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 03:34 PM
    The Venice will run Android optionally at minimum. Meaning Android (optional for sure) or maybe choice of BB10 or maybe both via hypervisor.

I think we will hear more about how it might be more secure in a couple of weeks.

I think it will launch between Sept and Nov.

So in this comment there is one statement of fact

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 03:41 PM
    The Venice will run Android optionally at minimum. Meaning Android (optional for sure) or maybe choice of BB10 or maybe both via hypervisor.

I think we will hear more about how it might be more secure in a couple of weeks.

I think it will launch between Sept and Nov.

So in this comment there is one statement of fact

Posted via CB10
    I think it'd launch around Christmas. They said end-of-year. And usually when BlackBerry says something, they wait until last possible day.

If something is coming in summer, they'd probably wait until last week of summer.

Releasing in spring? Last week of spring.

So, when they said - end of year - I took that to mean in/around Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    07-04-15 03:57 PM
113,256 ... 34503451345234533454 ...