View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    07-02-15 11:10 AM
    BOA Bank of America's 10 Best Stock Ideas for the Third Quarter (#9 is BBRY)
    Bank of America's 10 Best Stock Ideas for the Third Quarter - Pg.9 - TheStreet
    bungaboy, zyben and Mr BBRY like this.
    07-02-15 11:10 AM
    Turnarounds take time. Some perspective below: comparison of Sybase and BlackBerry SP performance under the helm of John Chen.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-richen.jpg
    07-02-15 11:23 AM
    Turnarounds take time. Some perspective below: comparison of Sybase and BlackBerry SP performance under the helm of John Chen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Richen.jpg 
Views:	1659 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	360574
    I don't see any perspective. Just fluctuations in Sybase and too early to see on BlackBerry.

I do notice though, that Sybase (after a big run) settled to where BlackBerry is now after about 2.5 and 3 years

I also notice that BlackBerry has more than just fundamentals and TA against them. They have media perception.
    07-02-15 11:27 AM
    Good lord, BBRY. Ridiculous movement. Added more at $7.94.
    kadakn01, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    07-02-15 11:57 AM
    For those that have the funds, this is a great time to buy!!!
    This stock is at a discount price imo.
    07-02-15 12:10 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, sales are not always so easy for the other fruit also:

Analyst: Apple Watch selling worse than thought | America's Markets
    Apple busted for price fixing, fined $450M | America's Markets
    07-02-15 12:10 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-untitled.png
    I was lucky to add more at $7.86 this morning!

Edit to add: I am also freeing up some money for more buys next week if it is still under $8
    Last edited by Soumaila Somtore; 07-02-15 at 01:09 PM.
    3MIKE, bungaboy, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    07-02-15 12:12 PM
    Well, TAwise, it is very likely going to $6 in August. This is my last post here.

Take care.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(4086547) and Mr BBRY like this.
    07-02-15 12:36 PM
    I bought at $6 and sold at $12 +. It really isn't important though...I was just saying that patience, and adding a healthy margin to your trigger price (the one in your mind) is often a good idea. Time flies. I suppose that was well over a year ago now.

Posted via CB10
    Well my $9+ USD ACB is worth slightly more in CAD now even at $8 USD than when I originally purchased the shares, so you have factor in FX if you're going to use CAD stock prices for BB.TO. If you bought in at $6 CAD You not only timed it perfectly, you also benefitted from the FX moves. That's all I'm saying. It was a smart move to buy any global stock using / trading in USD at a time when CAD was at par. The corollary is that it's now a good time for Canadians to sell such holdings if they've performed really well.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, zyben and La Emperor like this.
    07-02-15 12:38 PM
    Does anyone know, whether BlackBerry can buy the 12 million shares in both US and CA stock exchange or US only?
    07-02-15 01:37 PM
    BlackBerry can purchase the common shares over the Nasdaq Stock Market or, subject to regulatory approval, on the Toronto Stock Exchange (the "TSX") or alternative Canadian trading platforms. (I think it is approved)
    BlackBerry Announces Common Share Purchase Program - MarketWatch
    Does anyone know, whether BlackBerry can buy the 12 million shares in both US and CA stock exchange or US only?
    zyben, rarsen, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    07-02-15 01:41 PM
    UST Global Wins Aecus Award for Innovation in Outsourcing

UST Global’s work in telemedicine for mobile devices scoops leading accolade

--LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--UST Global, an information technology solutions and services company for Global 1000 enterprises, has been announced as the winner in the ‘Innovation in Outsourcing’ category at the Aecus European Innovation Awards 2015. UST Global won the category for the high-end telemedicine solutions it developed for Hiranandani Hospitals, India on the BlackBerry platform. --

-- Dr. Pavan Kumar of Hiranandani Hospital, India, said, “This app development is going to replace desktop telemedicine solutions to mobile devices, giving people power to get healthcare in their hands through smart phones. This collaboration reinforces our continued focus towards improving the health and wellbeing of India by providing an innovative solution with high quality and secure BlackBerry platform services.” --

UST Global Wins Aecus Award for Innovation in Outsourcing | Business Wire
    Last edited by zyben; 07-02-15 at 02:09 PM.
    07-02-15 01:48 PM
    07-02-15 02:27 PM
    Entertainment!

07-02-15 02:40 PM
    I hope this is real. Looks like a verified account.

07-02-15 03:15 PM
    I hope this is real. Looks like a verified account.

Looks awesome!
    About time they get the QNX name out there. And I love the BlackBerry affiliation
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    07-02-15 03:24 PM
    Talking about getting the QNX name out there (which I couldn't agree more with, btw), how's this for another example of "QNX inside" which does not get the attention it should, IMHO...

07-02-15 03:28 PM
    Lowz!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mobl-july-2-2015.jpg
    Corbu, zyben, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    07-02-15 03:28 PM
    Wow, what the heck happened there at the end.

Anyways, BlackBerry is sitting at $8/$9 for the two markets.
    Let's see if we pop tomorrow with the US markets closed.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-02-15 03:39 PM
    More QNX:
    Ford?s New Dashboard Software: BlackBerry Replaces Microsoft - Bloomberg Business

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-750x-1.jpg

When new Fords start arriving in dealerships this summer, many models will feature the carmaker’s latest in-dash interface, called Sync 3. It’s not named after its predecessor MyFord Touch, because that software is something the carmaker would rather you forget.

Ford Motor has a mixed record in cockpit technology. It’s been one of the most innovative car companies, introducing more features across more models than any competitor, but the downside has been overreach. “Ford’s been first and they’ve been bold,” says Jake Fisher, director of automotive testing at Consumer Reports, but that means the company’s dashboard systems became too complicated. “It’s been risky, and at times it’s hurt them.”

MyFord Touch was one of those times. Introduced in 2010, its touchscreen interface was supposed to leapfrog the competition, but most drivers found it confusing. Early on, the system crashed a lot. The company fell 18 places to No. 23 in J.D. Power and Associates’ 2011 Initial Quality Study, and MyFord Touch was highlighted as the reason why.

MyFord Touch was powered by a Microsoft operating system, but Ford is now using an OS from BlackBerry subsidiary QNX that already runs in-dash systems in Audis, BMWs, and Mercedes-Benzes, among others. In 2005, the system’s early days, a partnership with Microsoft was “completely obvious,” says Gary Jablonski, Ford’s manager of infotainment systems. “We wanted a big software company, lots of horsepower, connected to the consumer industry, connected to the phone industry.” The BlackBerry software, he says, will be more resistant to crashes of the PC variety. It turns out the kinds of bugs people will tolerate from their phones drive them crazy on the road.

Sync 3 aims to wipe the touchscreen clean with a far easier interface. “We really focused on trying to make a system that was the simplest to use for customers,” Jablonski says. That goal may sound obvious, but John Schneider, the project’s chief engineer, acknowledges that to justify the added cost, “We tried to pack a lot of features into MyFord Touch.”

Where the previous system was comprehensive to the point of being enervating, Sync 3 is “Fisher-Price-easy to use,” as Jablonski puts it. The screen may not be gorgeous, but it has large buttons and a clear structure so drivers can easily switch from selecting music to entering a destination. Ford has also put traditional volume knobs and temperature buttons back on the dash. “Sophistication is not a substitute for solid design principles,” says Don Butler, Ford’s executive director for connected vehicles and services.

Sync 3 is entering a considerably more crowded marketplace than MyFord Touch did. Apple’s CarPlay and Google’s Android Auto seek to put the smartphone at the center of the in-car interface, making dashboard screens look pretty much like iOS or Android. Ford says it’ll eventually support both CarPlay and Android Auto, allowing drivers to ditch Sync 3 and send Apple or Google their valuable location data.

To help keep Sync 3 updated, Ford is putting together AppLink, which other developers can incorporate into their software to make it Sync-compatible. The company is trying to make sure any app on any smartphone can run on Sync 3, too, taking pressure off Ford to keep pace with trendy tech. “AppLink lets customers get features they didn’t have when they bought the vehicle,” says Julius Marchwiki, who heads the software’s development. Toyota Motor said in June that it plans to use Ford’s open source version of AppLink in its cars.

That partnership sets up a bit of a showdown between major carmakers and Silicon Valley. Ford’s argument is that it has more access to vehicle data than Apple or Google and a deeper understanding of how a driver interacts with her car. If that sounds familiar, it’s because Apple has for years explained its value as a function of unified hardware and software design. Ford’s engineers are betting that this philosophy will be a good defense against the very company that made it popular. (And against Google, too.)

“The user experience and interaction with the interfaces and the controls within the vehicle, it’s not something that we at Ford feel like we can abdicate,” Butler says. Others aren’t so sure. Fisher, the Consumer Reports analyst, says it’s a matter of time before Apple and Google control your dashboard, because they’re much quicker to adapt. “If carmakers started this five years ago,” he says, “you’d have hard-keyed buttons for Myspace and Friendster.”

The bottom line: Ford has stripped down its cumbersome dashboard interface with an eye on competing systems from Apple and Google.
    07-02-15 03:46 PM
    FWIW:
    https://n4bb.com/android-powered-bla...g-att-evleaks/
    Android-Powered BlackBerry Slider is Heading to AT&T According to @evleaks

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-07-02-5.08.58-pm.png

Rumors around the BlackBerry Slider and the rumored Android-powered BlackBerry have been pretty prevalent the last few weeks. We know BlackBerry is definitely working on a low-end Android smartphone, but apparently that’s not all that’s in the works with Google’s OS. According to long-time leaker, @evleaks, BlackBerry’s slider codenamed Venice will be an Android-powered device and will be heading to AT&T.

If BlackBerry does indeed decide to make their Slider an Android device, I really hope they also make a BlackBerry 10 variant of it as well. Give people the option to choose between the operating systems.

Also, if you’re thinking this rumor is farfetched, keep in mind @evleaks has a ridiculously accurate track record when it comes to this type of info, so don’t bet against it. That being said, until BlackBerry confirms they’re going with Android for one or two devices, it’ll all rumors and speculation.
    Original source, I believe:
    http://www.phonedog.com/2015/07/02/b...dly-headed-att
    BlackBerry's Android slider phone is reportedly headed to AT&T
    07-02-15 04:23 PM
    FWIW:
    https://n4bb.com/android-powered-bla...g-att-evleaks/
    Android-Powered BlackBerry Slider is Heading to AT&T According to @evleaks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen-Shot-2015-07-02-at-5.08.58-PM.png 
Views:	2567 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	360629

Original source, I believe:
    BlackBerry's Android slider phone is reportedly headed to AT&T | PhoneDog
    BlackBerry's Android slider phone is reportedly headed to AT&T
    What if Blackberry's solution to securing Android is connecting through their NOC akin to a consumer BES, requiring a monthly fee. Return of the SAF?
    07-02-15 04:45 PM
    Thanks Corbu as Always!
    Good article overall.
    to me the writer either doesn't know much about Carplay, Auto seek or is bias, as we all know that these apps will be using Sync 3! not ditch it as he claims.
    Sync 3 is entering a considerably more crowded marketplace than MyFord Touch did. Apple’s CarPlay and Google’s Android Auto seek to put the smartphone at the center of the in-car interface, making dashboard screens look pretty much like iOS or Android. Ford says it’ll eventually support both CarPlay and Android Auto, allowing drivers to ditch Sync 3 and send Apple or Google their valuable location data.
    Corbu, morganplus8, zyben and 4 others like this.
    07-02-15 04:47 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-support-lines.png

Major support to be tested. Looking for some buy back trend reversal next coming days.
    07-02-15 06:28 PM
113,256 ... 34473448344934503451 ...