View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If someone comes with a hostile offer of usd13-15 and JC will have to be sacked, as a shareholder, will you go for the offer or JC?
    I'll safer my investment by selling on raise (this would be around 65% profit for me), waiting for the board to say "no thanks" and then buy-back as soon as the rumor is gone

Edit: if the taker is google ... I may sell it altogether and never look back.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-01-15 at 06:23 AM.
    07-01-15 03:47 AM
    re: QNX

That's 20% increase YoY ...
    Should we estimate QNX revenues now on a $120mil.+ per year basis, aka 24% of the $500mil. target ?
    "QNX worth nothing until yada-yada" <= one more analyst assesment busted by Chen and #TeamBlackBerry.

#keepMoving and get things done.
    07-01-15 04:05 AM
    Analysts have been treating BlackBerry like Jerry Mcquire..."SHOW ME THE MONEY!" Until then, the bear analysts will keep playing with the BlackBerry story, allowing BlackBerry's share price to rise and fall within a range.

Seriously, the bears know they can make tons of money just playing with BlackBerry. Not willing to kill it (bankruptcy) and always entertaining other predators/acquirers.

Nothing BlackBerry says or does will matter until they can show the bears the money.

Bullish investors are too infatuated with the other fruit to notice.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, 3MIKE, jxnb and 5 others like this.
    07-01-15 04:44 AM
    Analysts have been treating BlackBerry like Jerry Mcquire..."SHOW ME THE MONEY!" Until then, the bear analysts will keep playing with the BlackBerry story, allowing BlackBerry's share price to rise and fall within a range.

Seriously, the bears know they can make tons of money just playing with BlackBerry. Not willing to kill it (bankruptcy) and always entertaining other predators/acquirers.

Nothing BlackBerry says or does will matter until they can show the bears the money.

Bullish investors are too infatuated with the other fruit to notice.

Posted via CB10
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cat_with_string.jpg
    Superfly_FR, 3MIKE, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    07-01-15 06:02 AM
    The great Joe Carter and his Passport.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/07/...an-joe-carter/
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    07-01-15 06:58 AM
    Annual Order of Canada honours actors, authors and electronic pioneer | CTV News

This year's notable names include Douglas Fregin, the man who co-founded Research in Motion with Mike Lazaridis. Fregin designed the first circuit board the company used to run early versions of its wireless technology, and then helped choose the materials that are still found in BlackBerry devices around the world.

Lazaridis's wife Ophelia is also being invested as a member of the Order of Canada for her philanthropic work around Waterloo, Ont., where BlackBerry is based.
    Corbu, Shanerredflag, jxnb and 9 others like this.
    07-01-15 08:02 AM
    Fire the rockets.
    Just received that today...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150701_153118.png

"Enterprise mobility is no longer just about managing devices.
    It's about delivering technology that securely manages every mobile
    endpoint, across all major platforms. It's about changing the
    paradigms of communication, collaboration, identity and access. So
    everything gets done faster, more secure, and at a much lower cost."
    Corbu, kadakn01, jxnb and 10 others like this.
    07-01-15 08:33 AM
    I just want to wish all my fellow Canadians, in this thread, Happy Canada Day.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    07-01-15 08:38 AM
    NantHealth:

Electronic health records vendor Allscripts Healthcare Solutions has bought a 10 percent equity stake in NantHealth, the health IT arm of Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong�s empire, for $200 million, while another Soon-Shiong company has bought $100 million worth of stock in Allscripts.

The deal, announced Tuesday, extends a partnership first disclosed in March, in which the two companies agreed to share technology in developing more personalized cancer treatments.

Chicago-based Allscripts paid cash for its 10 percent stake in NantHealth, the two companies said. Soon-Shiong bought into Allscripts via his personal investment vehicle, NantCapital, part of his burgeoning NantWorks conglomeration.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the cross-investment, which values Culver City, Calif.-based NantHealth at $2 billion, closer to a planned initial public offering later this year. �We feel we have one or two transactions to accomplish, then we will initiate the public offering that we anticipate will happen probably within this year,� Soon-Shiong reportedly told the Times.
    Allscripts invests $200M in Soon-Shiong's NantHealthMedCity News

NantHealth investment deal paves way for IPO - LA Times
    07-01-15 08:54 AM

Happy Canada Day to you too, Hoser. LoL

07-01-15 08:58 AM
    So that is over, we closed off the second quarter for funds at a low, but now its time to rally:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-july-1-2015.png

The DOW Jones is rallying above its 200-dma again so that's good news. We have a pivot point of the 3-ema at $ 8.30/shr to clear before we can declare an end to the 6 week downtrend. The volume has died off big time since the books were closed on the last quarter. It appears that we lost some institutional support on the Q1 support and that will get reported in the weeks ahead.

It simple, the stock now needs to make higher lows, check, the volume needs to back off, check, and we need to clear the 3-ema ............. we're waiting on that one. When we confirm a close above the 3-ema, the first target is $ 8.60/shr and then $ 9.00 as we build on the rally. The share buy back works on light volume and a positive trend so let's base out and move higher.

Happy Canada Day everyone and good luck!
    07-01-15 09:25 AM
    Happy Canada Day to all Canadians! To my fellow Americans early Happy 4th of July!
    p.s. Market will be closed on Friday the 3th.
    re: choosing JC or an $15 takeover, JC is my pick!! Sure I would love to see the sp at $15/share today but I am not in for that small of a profit and that sort of a time, (how about a $100 dollar party?)
    happy day gang

07-01-15 09:51 AM
    Interesting comment from IDC regarding smartphone sales in first calendar quarter 2015:

Blackberry OS continued to decrease across regions. However, the BlackBerry Classic launched in 4Q14 shipped triple amount this quarter, which could be an opportunity for the brand.
    IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012
    07-01-15 11:06 AM
    So that is over, we closed off the second quarter for funds at a low, but now its time to rally:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB July 1 2015.png 
Views:	1246 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	360349

The DOW Jones is rallying above its 200-dma again so that's good news. We have a pivot point of the 3-ema at $ 8.30/shr to clear before we can declare an end to the 6 week downtrend. The volume has died off big time since the books were closed on the last quarter. It appears that we lost some institutional support on the Q1 support and that will get reported in the weeks ahead.

It simple, the stock now needs to make higher lows, check, the volume needs to back off, check, and we need to clear the 3-ema ............. we're waiting on that one. When we confirm a close above the 3-ema, the first target is $ 8.60/shr and then $ 9.00 as we build on the rally. The share buy back works on light volume and a positive trend so let's base out and move higher.

Happy Canada Day everyone and good luck!
    Lets see if we bounce.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbruy.png
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 07-01-15 at 01:56 PM.
    07-01-15 11:46 AM
    Happy Canada Day! Have a good one, eh

Posted via CB10
    TimJohnSmith likes this.
    07-01-15 12:32 PM
    Can't even stay green in a single day after the earnings, incredible!!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 12:48 PM
    Can't even stay green in a single day after the earnings, incredible!!

Posted via CB10
    That is because investors confidence have eroded after the miserable ER performance, the only thing keep sp from completely tanking is probably the buy back program. It is tough.

Posted via CB10
    sati01 and sentimentGX4 like this.
    07-01-15 01:15 PM
    OT:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-_83989388_7dd8317e-fa01-43a7-a445-19647998d028.jpg

Josh Earnest - White House Press Secretary

Greece debt crisis: 1 July 2015 - BBC News
    07-01-15 01:29 PM
    I think we all know the last several trading sessions have been painful not just for BlackBerry but for the market in general. I would love to see blackberry start to bounce here and head higher again of course, but I'm really not seeing any drivers for this.

I LOVE my blackberry, firmly believe the company has a strong future if we can recapture some of our lost footing in the business world (which we are in the process of doing), and believe in the plan J.C has set in place. I do wish we could get, like many have said, more transparency from the company in order to limit the amount of negative rumors that many analysts spout.

I really hope we can get new devices launched sooner as well, but that's more for my personal gain . Some positive news would do a great good for our brand image and SP and I can't wait to hear some.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    georg4BB, bungaboy, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    07-01-15 01:51 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, we are not surprised:

NSA can resume bulk collection of Americans' phone records, says court | ZDNet

and for the Business crowd, <Microsoft begins testing three new Skype for Business services>
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...tag=TRE17cfd61
    07-01-15 02:01 PM
    Too bad BlackBerry can't buy 12 million shares in one day. They would save 24 million since the conference call.

I really don't like people or news media that write like they represent the investors. Who nominated them to represent the investors of BlackBerry. My opinion hasn't changed in BlackBerry and I believe the true contributors haven't wavered. Enough of the FUD!
    Corbu, rarsen, lech31 and 5 others like this.
    07-01-15 02:19 PM
    Do you honestly think the company cares about it's shareholders, if they did they would have responded to concerns and misinformation, instead they remain silent and cryptic. We longs have been warned over and over, and yet we think the organization is doing better. In my opinion, all they've been, and are doing is posturing. Worst investment ever!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 02:54 PM
    Do you honestly think the company cares about it's shareholders, if they did they would have responded to concerns and misinformation, instead they remain silent and cryptic. We longs have been warned over and over, and yet we think the organization is doing better. In my opinion, all they've been, and are doing is posturing. Worst investment ever!

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the question should be, does BlackBerry care about analyst?
    07-01-15 03:27 PM
    Maybe the question should be, does BlackBerry care about analyst?
    I think that's the right question and answer.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 03:31 PM
    Hi all:

Just a quick update on my charts. Well, the trading machines and people are playing the support lines accurately; quite amazing. The sideway parallel channel support line was broken, after stopping right on it on June 26. Today, it bounced at 3:50 p.m. We are pretty much at the tipping point of either bouncing hard or breaking down *shivers*.

We need to see the SP trade above ~$8.20, $8.60, and $9.40 in the short term. The I don't think, Blackberry has started its buy back yet.

Hi Morgan, do you see any interesting observation on level 2?

3 minute chart for today action:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-07-01-4.25.05-pm.png

Daily chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-07-01-4.24.29-pm.png
    07-01-15 03:44 PM
113,256 ... 34443445344634473448 ...