View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    More on that IDC report:
    BlackBerry continues slide in enterprise mobility market, according to IDC - FierceMobileIT

BlackBerry is counting on its enterprise mobility software and services business to save it from a precipitous decline in the handset market.

Unfortunately, the Canadian firm doesn't seem to be doing much better in that business than in the handset business.

According to the latest stats from market research firm IDC, BlackBerry saw a 16.7 percent year-over-year revenue decline in the enterprise mobility management software market last year, the only major vendor to experience a decline in an otherwise growing market. As a result, its market share shrank from 14.5 percent in 2013 to 9.5 percent in 2014.

That drop came even though overall, the market grew at a healthy 27.2 percent, from $1.1 billion in 2013 to $1.4 billion in 2014.

EMM vendors that saw year-over-year revenue growth last year include AirWatch by VMware, with 78 percent; Good Technology, at 55.3 percent growth; Citrix, with 47.2 percent; MobileIron, 26.2 percent; IBM, 10.7 percent; and SAP with 4.5 percent growth.

It's still anyone's game, with the market divided among a very competitive market. At the end of 2014, AirWatch had an 11.4 percent market share, Good had a 9.7 percent market share, BlackBerry dropped to a 9.5 percent share, MobileIron came in at 9.2 percent, Citrix at 8.1 percent, SAP at 8 percent and IBM at 4.9 percent. The rest of the vendors made up a 38.2 percent market share.

With so many companies in the field and such change occurring year after year, most of the players have a chance to win -- or lose. "Growth results from 2014 demonstrate that no vendor can afford to rest on its laurels in this space," said Stacy Crook, research director of mobile enterprise at IDC.
    Link to the IDC report:
    Worldwide Enterprise Mobility Management Software Market Shares, 2014: Fragmentation Continues, But the Dust Is Starting to Settle
    http://idcdocserv.com/256627
    06-29-15 12:13 PM
    Useless report because gains were mostly in 2015

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 12:17 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

John : buy them. ASAP.
    06-29-15 01:10 PM
    MOBL could be had for $600 mill? And yes they do lose money but JC master of cost cutting
    06-29-15 01:16 PM
    Funny, I was thinking about the exact same thing, why don't BlackBerry just buy its competitors, it is the most effective thing for do IMO.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 01:18 PM
    John : buy them. ASAP.
    Maybe then we'd start getting favorable reports from our friend James!
    06-29-15 01:20 PM
    Well, MOBL doesn't have many patents at all (just one if I remember correctly).. So the price is rather high imho. Especially since the first thing they'd need to do, is start another round of lay-offs. Besides the obvious reason of acquiring their customer base, would be their secure iOS-container expertise. That would make BlackBerry the MDM leader for all 3/4 ecosystems. If they had too much cash, I'd say yes. However, in BlackBerry's case it wouldn't hurt working for their money/market share and show us their product is best.. imho of course

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 01:30 PM
    MOBL could be had for $600 mill? And yes they do lose money but JC master of cost cutting
    He also knows how to break apart and sell ... wayyyyyy easier. And the loss will be the customers' acquisition price (quite cheap, IMHO)

Funny, I was thinking about the exact same thing, why don't BlackBerry just buy its competitors, it is the most effective thing for do IMO.
    That's how MSFT became the king ... and many others.

Maybe then we'd start getting favorable reports from our friend James!
    Nah, you must be kidding. Not unless Chen de-brand for MOBiLy
    rarsen, zyben, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    06-29-15 01:34 PM
    Buying MOBL would just be for the reason of buying the customers base that MOBL claims to have. Just like when FB bought whatsghey... it was merely for the addition of 600 mil customers...

This would be one of those examples where they (BB) use their cash to buy more revenue. Wonder if they would convert the MOBL customers to BES12 or just leave them for the time being to make a smoother revenue transition.
    06-29-15 01:37 PM
    If I may add.. I could see a scenario where a competitor is bidding for MOBL. And BlackBerry were forced to step in. The Secusmart acquisition was strategically much more important, but more or less the same?!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Superfly_FR and 3MIKE like this.
    06-29-15 01:38 PM
    Nah, you must be kidding. Not unless Chen de-brand for MOBiLy
    I was indeed kidding. James is hopeless.
    06-29-15 01:55 PM
    oh guys, we're getting out of rails !
    ... but I like it !!!!

Time for ...

It's been a while
    morganplus8, rarsen, zyben and 3 others like this.
    06-29-15 01:57 PM
    It is time to be bold Mr John Chen
    06-29-15 02:02 PM
    Or Sierra Wireless (IoT) 577 million revenue
    06-29-15 02:07 PM
    It is time to be bold Mr John Chen
    What do you mean by this?
    06-29-15 02:08 PM
    Or Sierra Wireless (IoT) 577 million revenue
    What about both of them? 1 billion investment. 500 mil for an healty one, 500 mil for the other one. You gain both MOBL costumers and patents/innovation from Sierra.. And that will still leave BB with cash!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 02:28 PM
    What about both of them? 1 billion investment. 500 mil for an healty one, 500 mil for the other one. You gain both MOBL costumers and patents/innovation from Sierra.. And that will still leave BB with cash!

Posted via CB10
    You would have to spend about a billion on Sierra which in my opinion is a much healthier company with great revenue in a booming sector IoT. I would be bold and aqcuire this great canadian company
    06-29-15 02:37 PM
    Well if you ask me, not that you would ask me, but if you did ask me, I'd tell you to ask someone else.

Does anyone think that this market is in crash mode? Perhaps this is what we have all been hearing about, and instead of a -30% overnight, we are getting a lesson on how to boil a frog.

Nothing to contribute guys, but just a thought.
    My two cents: the market is overreacting to the Greece news. This story has been going on for 4+ years plus and the can keeps getting kicked down the road. Call me crazy, but I think that part of the result (likely a no vote) from the Greek referendum next week is priced in.

What is worrisome, is the China news which no one is really talking about. They've entered a bear market after a surprise rate cut.
    morganplus8, zyben, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    06-29-15 02:38 PM
    If BlackBerry acquire both mobl and good, it will make it the largest EMM vendor! That should be a very positive move.

Posted via CB10
    smart548 and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-29-15 02:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can't afford both. Chen said he won't let cash fall below $2.5billion. Also, don't forget, they're on the hook for $1.25billion of it.

I'd say get Sierra now, as their price will continue to rise.
    MobileIron will likely continue to falter. Might as well take as many customers as you can for free first!

Sierra is going to generate enough cash to buy MobileIron. MobileIron will cost BlackBerry cash if acquired, while the price for Sierra rises.
    JLagoon, zyben, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    06-29-15 02:59 PM
    Can't afford both. Chen said he won't let cash fall below $2.5billion. Also, don't forget, they're on the hook for $1.25billion of it.

I'd say get Sierra now, as their price will continue to rise.
    MobileIron will likely continue to falter. Might as well take as many customers as you can for free first!

Sierra is going to generate enough cash to buy MobileIron. MobileIron will cost BlackBerry cash if acquired, while the price for Sierra rises.
    I was just speculating and dreaming. My ignorance is my limit Still, I would love to see BlackBerry rising up again, Chen, its employees deserve that. Best OS, Most solid devices and best software for what security management is concerned. BB doesn't "steal" your data and tries to make money in an honest manner that others (Apple,Microsoft,Google..) don't. Apologize my OT..

Posted via CB10
    zyben, La Emperor, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    06-29-15 03:03 PM
    Instant Mobile Payments for BBM Money Launched in Indonesia
    BBM Money users on all platforms in Indonesia can now pay for goods and services online and in stores – regardless of who they bank with.

Instant Mobile Payments Added to BBM Money in Indonesia | Inside BlackBerry
    06-29-15 03:19 PM
    Instant Mobile Payments for BBM Money Launched in Indonesia
    BBM Money users on all platforms in Indonesia can now pay for goods and services online and in stores – regardless of who they bank with.

Instant Mobile Payments Added to BBM Money in Indonesia | Inside BlackBerry
    less than 20% of Indonesians have access to a traditional bank account. Moreover, just 11% of the 250 million inhabitants of Indonesia have debit cards and only 3% have credit cards. This means there are more BBM users in the country than there are debit and credit card users combined. For anyone without access to a bank account or payment card, what could be more convenient than a mobile payment service deeply integrated with the mobile messaging service they love so much?
    It might work there, when it would never get very far in western markets.

What I don't know, is how do you load your BBM account... if you don't have a bank account, debit or credit card?
    06-29-15 03:30 PM
    06-29-15 03:47 PM
    Anybody wants to BBM me? Fallow the rules on the link.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/06/...-private-chat/
    06-29-15 05:39 PM
113,256 ... 34403441344234433444 ...