Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    JC:
    "This company matters."
    bungaboy, La Emperor, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    06-23-15 09:53 AM
    End of AGM Prior Q&A . Now let's be patient for an hour or two that analysts do their homework.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

! LOL !
    Not the end, now Q&A
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-23-15 09:56 AM
    jxnb, Mr BBRY, Superfly_FR and 8 others like this.
    06-23-15 09:56 AM
    The bums are wordsmithing their FUD. I really can't see how they can continue to spin it negative. Hardware device is profitable and hardware op ex is not. I wonder overall how many millions that is costing...can't be all that much. Chen just fired a few hardware guys and reallocated some others...this is so next Q can be hardware op ex profitable.

Software will rise q/q and software will hit over 500M...probably much more once the reseller like Samsung business services gain traction, and movirtu now available on a bunch of carriers (12?) globally.

Great entry point down here. Can't wait for the security summit meeting July 23rd!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 09:57 AM
    John Chen, I can't legally comment on company value, but I would like to buy the stock at this price. Sounds like you Morgan. LMAO

Cheers!
    06-23-15 10:06 AM
    JC:
    Marketing.
    Bring the awareness up. Probably starting this Q. Focusing on growth.
    Marketing is different from advertising.
    We find the best bang for the buck is marketing banners and advertising on the Internet.
    How do we get the message out? Used to be about the products. Now, the approach is focused on how the customers are using our technology.
    06-23-15 10:12 AM
    feeling a great buy opportunity... picked up an extra 750 just for kicks.
    06-23-15 10:19 AM
    End of the meeting
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

So, let's see in the coming days how this [facts] will get digested.

As a conclusion I'd say I'm more than happy with this E.R, confirming my utterly long position.
    06-23-15 10:21 AM
    Bloomberg is advising Chen will be on at 12:15 today.
    Last edited by randall2580; 06-23-15 at 10:36 AM.
    06-23-15 10:22 AM
    Hey everyone, I have t been around a lot lately, promotions longer hours etc, but have kept up with everything and everyone in the background.
    Loved the numbers today honestly, and glad to see it dropping off early. Got in another solid block at 8.90$. I think it's safe to say well see a rally in the sp over the next several days as the chew over the information. Looking forward to big growth this quarter and a new BlackBerry flagship phone to be released so I can scoop it up. cheers all!

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    06-23-15 10:24 AM
    06-23-15 10:28 AM
    Superfly_FR!
    Have you got that last slide - with the Mission Statement - about which JC said it would probably still be good for the next 5 to 10 years? Just FTR...
    Thanks!
    06-23-15 10:34 AM
    Sorry guys. Just picked up another 1,000 shares. So, SP will drop now. LoL
    06-23-15 10:42 AM
    At these prices it would be foolish not to add to ones position
    06-23-15 10:43 AM
    06-23-15 10:44 AM
    BNN - Watch TV Online | BlackBerry wakes up the bulls

With Doug Pollitt, who is generally pretty fair.

Excellent interview, if you ask me.
    06-23-15 10:46 AM
    Why did they move Licencing revenue from "Other" to "Software"? How much of those $137 million is Software revenue? The licencing part is recurring or one-time?

It seems Software revenue wasn't good and they're trying to hide it.
    Chen said software BES was up about 25% from what I heard....he couldn't break down IP as those contracts were confidential so he had to be careful about putting out numbers where the IP revs could be calculated...
    06-23-15 10:49 AM
    John Chen, I can't legally comment on company value, but I would like to buy the stock at this price. Sounds like you Morgan. LMAO

Cheers!
    At today's price, the market is looking at those numbers and saying of the $ 137 MM, fully $ 60 MM was licensing and the rest a poor showing on software. In order for the stock to be below $ 9.00 you have to believe they missed on software revenue. The stock is trading at Chen's option strike price so he must be looking at the reaction and wondering if there is a way to breakout that data and assign a software value North of $ 84 MM and cap this nonsense. Imagine when we were at $ 10.50/shr not too long ago, you know, before MS decided BlackBerry needed 2 - 4 years to achieve their 2016 goal, to see the stock below $ 9.00 when MS look like idiots ............ crazy. They have mitigated risk on hardware, they are growing software, they are constantly increasing cashflow which equates to more acquisitions. All of their acquisitions are important and flowing to the bottom line, what more do they need? I guess we need the CEO of MOBL to pump and dump our stock. How is their lawsuit coming anyway?
    06-23-15 10:55 AM
    He talked about marketing more to consumers but then said that Internet ads give the best bang for their buck.

Internet ads will not move the needle! They still are not serious about marketing the way it needs to be done.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 10:57 AM
    He talked about marketing more to consumers but then said that Internet ads give the best bang for their buck.

Internet ads will not move the needle! They still are not serious about marketing the way it needs to be done.

Posted via CB10
    Data?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    06-23-15 10:59 AM
    Superfly_FR!
    Have you got that last slide - with the Mission Statement - about which JC said it would probably still be good for the next 5 to 10 years? Just FTR...
    Thanks!
    Unless it's in my summary one ... I4m affraid not sorry

Searching for it, I found this : SACO Joins Forces with BlackBerry to Serve Customers in the Americas - Press Releases
    New partnership. Good.
    bungaboy, Corbu, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    06-23-15 11:02 AM
    Does anyone "outside looking in" really get how this stock can move so widely?

After the numbers...

high of 10.15
    re-tested low support of 8.80.

Well at least the support line was retested....let's rally up from here. if they can push it down to 8.59 I'll be mighty impressed....and throw a whole lot of money into it ....

MS + GS + Credit Suisse waiting for the triple team $7 FUD TPs tomorrow? Let's see this stock move into fair value range above 9.80 in a hurry.

morgan what to the L2s look like? Who is selling? Are they just selling to each other to make it look like people are dumping the stock?
    06-23-15 11:03 AM
    Data?

Posted via CB10
    Went to school with BBUK14 and the classroom of aliases. LoL
    La Emperor, sidhuk, take99 and 3 others like this.
    06-23-15 11:12 AM
    Just want to make it clear, does the fy16 usd500m software target include IP licensing fees or not? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 11:28 AM
    Does anyone "outside looking in" really get how this stock can move so widely?

After the numbers...

high of 10.15
    re-tested low support of 8.80.

Well at least the support line was retested....let's rally up from here. if they can push it down to 8.59 I'll be mighty impressed....and throw a whole lot of money into it ....

MS + GS + Credit Suisse waiting for the triple team $7 FUD TPs tomorrow? Let's see this stock move into fair value range above 9.80 in a hurry.

morgan what to the L2s look like? Who is selling? Are they just selling to each other to make it look like people are dumping the stock?
    From what I can see, this is short covering, the ask is hit selectively but there is plenty of stock to make $ .05/shr changes. The tape looks negative which is just not where the market was at 8:00 AM this morning. You know there is something wrong when the pre-market holds for that long, followed by, as Superfly pointed out, a drop in the price of the stock when Chen said "hello". It is a screaming buy at this level, sure, Chen didn't talk it up as much as he could have, that opened the door for the traders to take it down again. But all of us have been here before and there is nothing in this Q report that merits an RSI = 30 today. To your point, we are close to a natural bottom in the stock, who in their right mind would want to lose money on a trade that is looking this promising? The rules are clear, Morgan Stanley can say what they want, they can pump their darling stock and short ours, they can pay fines for that right if they are caught and prosecuted. We'll have to live with this pattern until BB puts up some solid data that is explained in a way that MS walks away from the trade. We will get more long term investors into the trade (over time) and the stock will move up. As for today, volume is drying up here but it is being held down to clear out weak hands. Let's see how long they need to hold it here on great news.
    06-23-15 11:30 AM
113,256 ... 34253426342734283429 ...