View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Can any of the TA people on this board recommend a good entry point today?
    06-23-15 08:36 AM
    What relation does that quote have to do with BlackBerry? I'm missing the context behind it.

Posted via CB10
    This ? BlackBerry Appoints Dr. Laurie Smaldone Alsup to the Board of Directors | CrackBerry.com
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-23-15 08:37 AM
    OK, BBRY red, MOBL green.
    Now show me the universe where this makes sense, LOL.
    zyben, q649, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    06-23-15 08:39 AM
    Let's see where we can go from there [mind the volume]

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-23-15 08:43 AM
    OK, BBRY red, MOBL green.
    Now show me the universe where this makes sense, LOL.
    Not so fast, Robin.
    Rome wasn't built in a day.

And, as said earlier : mind the volume
    You and I could almost do the same with $300K
    06-23-15 08:44 AM
    He did say he expects software to slope up over the coming quarters...but if IP contracts get pushed to Q3 from Q2 he is hesitant to guide to that. So this scenario could play out Q1: 137M, Q2: 120M, Q3: 220M. That is what he is saying could happen. He reiterated 500M full year excluding BBM
    ....that's key.
    Precisely why the stock can't rally, he left the door open to state that revenues are front loaded and exhausted now. Hedge Funds look for the tiniest window to create uncertainty in a stock that they want to go lower. He completely left the door open for some more bashing. Look at the volume in the first 15 minutes, there is a tide of trading that could have gone to the long side and we are seeing it wasted on positioning now. The rest of the day should be very interesting because I think it would be foolish to sell BBRY anywhere close to $ 9.00/shr. We all know that a new share buyer, BlackBerry, will be able to purchase up to 12 MM shares in about 1 1/2 hours time. This is bullish story and a Strong Buy but Chen held back on his numbers as he usually does. Morgan Stanley will concede the $ 500 MM, maybe, but they will jump all over the next issue which is front loading revenues. The trading is just beginning here, 13 MM shares already and I can't understand why anyone would sell down here so it makes sense to me that we rally from here.
    Corbu, W Hoa, zyben and 12 others like this.
    06-23-15 08:48 AM
    "Entered into joint development deals with Wistron and Compal for devices, in addition to the Company's existing partnership with Foxconn"

That smells like hardware growth projection to me, OR, maybe new products and not necessarily smartphones but connectivity for endpoints? Medical devices new ones for a brand industry?!?!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 08:51 AM
    Another good quarter and another weird response by the market. I really can't see how a company can be consistently cash flow positive, have $3.3 billion in the bank, have a growing high margin business, and have a market cap of under $5 billion. Yes, I know that BBRY is also continuing to lose a high margin business from the BB7 handsets.

Anyway, at least BBRY will be able to do its 12 million share buyback at a reasonable price. I'm content with these results and I'm looking forward to next quarter.
    06-23-15 08:58 AM
    Let's see where we can go from there [mind the volume]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	994 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	359080
    Shorts wanted this to open RED to scare retail......Let's see a 9.80-10.00 close. Numbers were solid. It was only pushed to the 9s in case the numbers were a disaster....much lower rev....software not growing, etc.
    06-23-15 09:00 AM
    Unfortunately, It will take quite a few CONSECUTIVE quarters (years) where they meet or beat street expectations to erase all the negative quarters and stigmas up to this point.
    06-23-15 09:02 AM
    Precisely why the stock can't rally, he left the door open to state that revenues are front loaded and exhausted now. Hedge Funds look for the tiniest window to create uncertainty in a stock that they want to go lower. He completely left the door open for some more bashing. Look at the volume in the first 15 minutes, there is a tide of trading that could have gone to the long side and we are seeing it wasted on positioning now. The rest of the day should be very interesting because I think it would be foolish to sell BBRY anywhere close to $ 9.00/shr. We all know that a new share buyer, BlackBerry, will be able to purchase up to 12 MM shares in about 1 1/2 hours time. This is bullish story and a Strong Buy but Chen held back on his numbers as he usually does. Morgan Stanley will concede the $ 500 MM, maybe, but they will jump all over the next issue which is front loading revenues. The trading is just beginning here, 13 MM shares already and I can't understand why anyone would sell down here so it makes sense to me that we rally from here.
    I think I recall him saying if anything software is BACKloaded? Hence the slope up for for Q2-3-4. Again I think bears are trying hard to keep this down to scare retail....they can't hold this much longer too much smart money will be wanting to buy down here
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-23-15 09:03 AM
    Not so fast, Robin.
    Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Yeah. I'm sure we will see a pop sooner or later.
    Just wanted to say, the Royal Bank of Scotland news, alone, as a single news should drive MOBL into red and BBRY into green...
    06-23-15 09:03 AM
    AGM Now if you want to listen:

Investor Events - Canada
    06-23-15 09:06 AM
    The question is: why does JC give these funds the opportunity to continue this 'stand-off'.. ? It seems the IP licensing only caused confusion while the 135 million USD figure seems terrific to me (!). Seems unlikely too that JC, being a conservative guy, would front-load revenue?

If we would have had +-85 million USD in pure software revenue and clear guidance of >25% per quarter, would the street have been happier?! One analyst even claimed they were down Quarter over Quarter from a software revenue perspective.. JC didn't have much to say besides they 'grew the software business'.

What a missed opportunity!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 09:07 AM
    AGM Now if you want to listen:

Investor Events - Canada
    snapshot just before it starts (Chen saying hello)
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-23-15 09:09 AM
    Why did they move Licencing revenue from "Other" to "Software"? How much of those $137 million is Software revenue? The licencing part is recurring or one-time?

It seems Software revenue wasn't good and they're trying to hide it.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    06-23-15 09:15 AM
    06-23-15 09:16 AM
    The question is: why does JC give these funds the opportunity to continue this 'stand-off'.. ? It seems the IP licensing only caused confusion while the 135 million USD figure seems terrific to me (!). Seems unlikely too that JC, being a conservative guy, would front-load revenue?

If we would have had +-85 million USD in pure software revenue and clear guidance of >25% per quarter, would the street have been happier?! One analyst even claimed they were down Quarter over Quarter from a software revenue perspective.. JC didn't have much to say besides they 'grew the software business'.

What a missed opportunity!

Posted via CB10
    Chen said everything he legally could say about the next quarter. The problem is, when you state that you don't have a clear window into the Q2 revenue base, you leave the door open to a MOBL type scenario where Q2 will likely disappoint. We all know that large customers sign up when they are good and ready, Chen is right is tempering the questions about forecasting similar numbers for Q2 knowing they might not occur, or occur in Q3. These numbers were great, far exceeding anything we could have imagined but you could tell by the questions asked of him, some analysts where looking for a commitment that his pool of 6.8 MM "converties" are all but exhausted and now they are looking for new business which places them in the same challenging market as MOBL in terms of uncertainty. I can't wait to hear from our very own Corbu on what these same bashing analysts have to say to spin the story in their favour again. As you probably suspect, they will drop the $ 500 MM milestone target in favour of something far more terrible and uncertain. To me, this is huge buy at $ 9.00.
    jxnb, Corbu, _dimi_ and 9 others like this.
    06-23-15 09:19 AM
    Why did they move Licencing revenue from "Other" to "Software"? How much of those $137 million is Software revenue? The licencing part is recurring or one-time?

It seems Software revenue wasn't good and they're trying to hide it.
    They will hit 500 million USD this fiscal year, as they have been claiming for many months. Imho, they didn't have to report anything major, but they did. And the news got lost in a sea of confusion due to their non-disclosure agreement with Cisco & other counterparty. Orchestrated or not.. ? Morgan?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 09:20 AM
    Some slides copy/paste for those of you who can't see ...
    Will update this single post.

Green means : "done".

Did Chen just KILLED the GS Android rumor ? [that's my take, but I can misinterpret "Achieve" ?)

More I didn't get on my screen (not sure why)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cimwvxaukaee2zw.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cimwdvrwcaevl-4.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-23-15 at 10:12 AM.
    06-23-15 09:28 AM
    Good morning fellow longs. Awesome quarter. Chen just de-risked this play for us. Sit back and enjoy FY16...it's going to be a good one.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and zyben like this.
    06-23-15 09:28 AM
    J.C Quotes (may be slightly Mhooohhh-izied lol) :

- Share buy-back will be "after our quiet period"
    - "Because the way we build our phones, there's no phone more secure" => CLEAR ?
    - "winning back some of the accounts we were losing"
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    06-23-15 09:33 AM
    They will hit 500 million USD this fiscal year, as they have been claiming for many months. Imho, they didn't have to report anything major, but they did. And the news got lost in a sea of confusion due to their non-disclosure agreement with Cisco & other counterparty. Orchestrated or not.. ? Morgan?

Posted via CB10
    Well, Chen wasn't allowed to talk about Cisco, nor was he able to say much about many of their new clients either. The licensing deals are not the driver here, so I don't know why it is important to breakout those numbers. When the market hopes for $ 84 MM in "software" and they post something miles beyond that number, who really cares what the breakdown is when the stated goal is only $ 500 MM for the year. Knowing they are achieving that figure through additional acquisitions on top of stellar results, let's concede to the fact the John Chen will meet his guidance and start speculating, like Morgan Stanley loves to do with MOBL, on where they COULD go from here given their solid (and surprising to everyone), start. Lost in all of this are some excellent margins on everything! Now we were told that the bottom in revenue was to occur in Q1/2016 sometime, so there are many reasons for institutions to start loading up on this play in the weeks ahead. It does take time for Funds to make a move, they don't do any purchases during the PM and in many cases it take a week or two to decide what steps to take for BBRY. Some large shareholders take advantage of high volume days to sell out of a position so we really can't judge where BBRY will go until we get a day or two under our belt and hear about new price targets. I see that the honest players are affirming their targets but where are the bums?
    bungaboy, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 10 others like this.
    06-23-15 09:43 AM
    satiO, I agree that it seemed like they were not being straight up with the questions. The analysts sort of just shrugged their shoulders.

Posted via CB10
    wojciechp likes this.
    06-23-15 09:46 AM
    On the positive side Chen conceded that they need to invest in marketing to sell more phones. But if he does it means he earns less money that same quarter.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 09:48 AM
113,256 ... 34243425342634273428 ...