View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good clarifications:

500M does not include BBM. So maybe he hits 550 of 600. Probably overshoots software and makes his 600 anyways.

Base Software (BES) is up Q/Q. I think they said mid 20s% in the background chatter.

60% EZpass conversion and 40% are new customers for customer wins this quarter.

Certicom licensing is annual $ per certificate! that's huge. So licensing $ ramps up over time as more certificates are used by end customers.

"I need to know if NA base software is up or down.....even if it is growing globally...because I need to have some kind of short thesis! help!! It's up? no it can't be. are you sure?" who was that guy??
    06-23-15 07:54 AM
    Good morning gang! Hope everyone is doing well! I'm liking what I saw and read regarding earnings. I'm not able to listen to the CC this morning, but does anyone know why the PM drop off (only up 1% now)?

This is a big week for me -- i'm scheduled to take the Series 66 later this week! I've been a relentless mad man when it comes to studying lol. Just wanted to pop in and say hi on this hopefully glorious day! Cheers! (now I'm back to studying)

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    06-23-15 07:55 AM
    TA wise, it's going to revisit $9 with quite a big chance.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 07:56 AM
    Good morning gang! Hope everyone is doing well! I'm liking what I saw and read regarding earnings. I'm not able to listen to the CC this morning, but does anyone know why the PM drop off (only up 1% now)?

This is a big week for me -- i'm scheduled to take the Series 66 later this week! I've been a relentless mad man when it comes to studying lol. Just wanted to pop in and say hi on this hopefully glorious day! Cheers! (now I'm back to studying)

I think the shorties are preparing their new targets....they will now say BASE software (BES) is only up a bit and not on target for 500M. And even if Chen reiterated that IP deals will help make that 500M number over the entire fiscal year, the shorties will try to play it negative and say BES was only up a bit and software is not growing as expected.

I'm glad it's only up 1% now. I'm going to let the bears take it down at the open and jump in....these numbers are solid. If I heard right Chen is saying profitable starting Q3 (although he said sometime in 2H...I'm sure he hits Q3 ER).

They haven't even starting selling the Blackberry Experience Suite yet. QNX Auto is growing and the OTA updates service will be a huge money maker next year. All good stuff.

I'm getting some more down here....take it under $9 at the open I think this closes the day at $10 or higher.
    06-23-15 08:00 AM
    Plus it's investor day! Has to be some good news out of that! At least approving the 12M share buyback
    06-23-15 08:01 AM
    Can't view on the Passport?
    No flash.
    06-23-15 08:01 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150623_070251.png

Classically Posted.
    06-23-15 08:03 AM
    I think the shorties are preparing their new targets....they will now say BASE software (BES) is only up a bit and not on target for 500M. And even if Chen reiterated that IP deals will help make that 500M number over the entire fiscal year, the shorties will try to play it negative and say BES was only up a bit and software is not growing as expected.

I'm glad it's only up 1% now. I'm going to let the bears take it down at the open and jump in....these numbers are solid. If I heard right Chen is saying profitable starting Q3 (although he said sometime in 2H...I'm sure he hits Q3 ER).

They haven't even starting selling the Blackberry Experience Suite yet. QNX Auto is growing and the OTA updates service will be a huge money maker next year. All good stuff.

I'm getting some more down here....take it under $9 at the open I think this closes the day at $10 or higher.
    Thanks for the insights Spiller! As cynical as it sounds, I agree with you on wanting it to stay lower -- only bc the job wouldn't let me pick up shares yesterday on a technicality...ugh. Hoping our compliance team gets it resolved and I can swoop in today and grab some shares when I get to the office. Soon the shorts will be all out of ammo --- patience is a virtue

bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    06-23-15 08:05 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150623_070543.png

Classically Posted.
    06-23-15 08:07 AM

First of all, good luck with your exams!

Chen down played the growth numbers and refused to say whether we would see similar sustainability in software revenues next quarter. Many investors stop to listen to the CC during pre-market so don't go by trades made during the CC. Chen delivered on the numbers but he spend so much time side stepping the data that many are going to have to review what was said. Because he failed to give any guidance, the stock would naturally drop off. What matters is what the price closes at today. The numbers were excellent, if you own BBRY and you aren't a day trader, you should rival in the fact that BB isn't going anywhere anytime soon. This is more of a growth story and not so much a turn around play now. We would be well over $ 10.00 a share and their 50-dma if he would have said that software will meet or surpass today's report for Q2. And now we wait for analyst upgrades as many are just plain ridiculously low.
    anamar_97, ZayDub, jxnb and 15 others like this.
    06-23-15 08:07 AM
    it is not even 1% up now and going lower
    Next screenshot will be after the opening. PM is interesting but mostly for volume. JMHO I can smell the powder and some heavy shorts may want to cover pretty fast, especially if Chen rang the bell saying "it's OK with the shares buyBack". That's just fun for me.
    Now, where the SP will be today, tomorrow or in a week ? I don't give a rat for that; whatever it'll be, I'll be there and still counting in dozen months.
    06-23-15 08:08 AM
    On another note, anyone know why this ER was released on a tuesday? If I recall correctly, past ERs (that I can remember) were released on thursday (or was it friday)....? Anyways, was just wondering if this is a "one-off" change or if there was something more significant. Thanks

[QUOTE=3MIKE;11738326]
    Gentleman,

I think today will be the BUG day that BlackBerry announces that BB10 on new devices will incorporate the QNX Hyper-Visor.

Does BUG mean Biggest Unexpected Gain
    Lol, nicely done. I meant BIG day and lost sight of a typo, but I like your word and definition better

Posted via CB10
    Next screenshot will be after the opening. PM is interesting but mostly for volume. JMHO I can smell the powder and some heavy shorts may want to cover pretty fast, especially if Chen rang the bell saying "it's OK with the shares buyBack". That's just fun for me.
    Now, where the SP will be today, tomorrow or in a week ? I don't give a rat for that; whatever it'll be, I'll be there and still counting in dozen months.
    Pre-market does not mean anything..stock is negative now
    06-23-15 08:10 AM
    I can't wait for things to stabilise for long enough for BlackBerry to put at least some money into advertising. I live for the day when people look at an iPhone and laugh...'Jeez, you've still got one of those things??!'

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 08:11 AM
    First of all, good luck with your exams!

Chen down played the growth numbers and refused to say whether we would see similar sustainability in software revenues next quarter. Many investors stop to listen to the CC during pre-market so don't go by trades made during the CC. Chen delivered on the numbers but he spend so much time side stepping the data that many are going to have to review what was said. Because he failed to give any guidance, the stock would naturally drop off. What matters is what the price closes at today. The numbers were excellent, if you own BBRY and you aren't a day trader, you should rival in the fact that BB isn't going anywhere anytime soon. This is more of a growth story and not so much a turn around play now. We would be well over $ 10.00 a share and their 50-dma if he would have said that software will meet or surpass today's report for Q2. And now we wait for analyst upgrades as many are just plain ridiculously low.
    Aaaah thanks Morgan I really appreciate the insights and well wishes! Sounds like Chen is being coy. I think he's a master manipulator and is looking catch the shorts with their pants down (pun intended) lol....but in due time!

06-23-15 08:12 AM
    On another note, anyone know why this ER was released on a tuesday? If I recall correctly, past ERs (that I can remember) were released on thursday (or was it friday)....? Anyways, was just wondering if this is a "one-off" change or if there was something more significant. Thanks

How FitBit Can Avoid Becoming Another BlackBerry After Its IPO

By Leslie Picker - Jun 17, 2015 6:00:03 AM

It's to weed out hater references like this and then Bam later this week more announcements to the positive!!

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    06-23-15 08:23 AM
    I can't wait for things to stabilise for long enough for BlackBerry to put at least some money into advertising. I live for the day when people look at an iPhone and laugh...'Jeez, you've still got one of those things??!'

Posted via CB10
    I say that now....lol.
    That and "how's that back button workin for ya".

Classically Posted.
    zyben, georg4BB, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    06-23-15 08:23 AM
    Did Chen ting the Bell at the nasdaq?! Can I get a picture of that?!!!

Can someone pm me a list of preferred stock trading apps that are free? I'd like to track stocks and directly related news and insights to companies in a very readable less confusing format. I'm getting very upset with the lack of news and hull Bloomberg app (free) is posting and not updating of late.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 08:27 AM
    Laurie Smaldone Alsup, MD

Laurie Smaldone Alsup, MD is a medical oncologist with over 25 years of global leadership experience in the pharmaceutical industry in clinical drug development, regulatory strategy, and the regulatory approval process across all major therapeutic areas. She currently is President of PharmApprove, a regulatory and scientific evidence based communications firm specializing in the support of R&D teams for major milestone health authority meetings and product approval hearings.

Dr. Smaldone served in clinical and regulatory roles of increasing responsibility and scope while at Bristol Myers Squibb, including former Senior Vice President of Global Regulatory Science and Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Business Risk Management. During this time she led multiple teams in global health authority meetings and proceedings in the US, Canada, Europe, and Japan, which included numerous FDA meetings during product development, Advisory Committee hearings to support approval, Scientific Advice Group meetings and the Oral Explanation in Europe. In this role, she has led the development and commercialization of medically important drugs and biologics in diverse disease areas including cardiovascular, metabolic, immunology, oncology, HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases, neuroscience, dermatology, inflammatory, and immune-based diseases. Dr. Smaldone previously served as CEO of a clinical stage natural product company with a focus on inflammatory disorders. She received her MD degree at Yale School of Medicine, where she completed her residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Medical Oncology.

Classically Posted.
    zyben, Superfly_FR, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    06-23-15 08:31 AM
    Responding to Morgan (if Chen said Software would grow Q/Q for Q2 we would be over $10...)

Chen did say he expects software to slope up over the coming quarters...but if IP contracts get pushed to Q3 from Q2 he is hesitant to guide to that. So this scenario could play out Q1: 137M, Q2: 120M, Q3: 220M. That is what he is saying could happen. He reiterated 500M full year excluding BBM
    ....that's key.
    Last edited by spiller; 06-23-15 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Mis quoted!
    06-23-15 08:33 AM
    What relation does that quote have to do with BlackBerry? I'm missing the context behind it.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 08:33 AM
    Well, today isn't as bad as it could have been. I guess we shareholders just need to exhale and breath easier for the next few months?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 08:34 AM
    Did Chen ting the Bell at the nasdaq?! Can I get a picture of that?!!!

Can someone pm me a list of preferred stock trading apps that are free? I'd like to track stocks and directly related news and insights to companies in a very readable less confusing format. I'm getting very upset with the lack of news and hull Bloomberg app (free) is posting and not updating of late.

Posted via CB10
    Free, anytime, anywhere : BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Real-Time Stock Quote - NASDAQ.com
    bungaboy, rarsen and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    06-23-15 08:35 AM
    I haven't seen any of what Chen said. Any news about BBM numbers yet?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 08:35 AM
113,251 ... 34233424342534263427 ...