• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think this tests 10.67 today...

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 06:48 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-keepcalmjc.png

One more step, one more mileage, one more milestone.
    Congratulations M. Chen and TeamBlackBerry.
    #keepMoving forward.
    06-23-15 06:53 AM
    Anyone have the link to the CC?

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    06-23-15 06:55 AM
    Very nice numbers gents and ladies...I think we deserved this one for our years of support. Sit back and enjoy the short covering...

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 06:56 AM
    Anyone have the link to the CC?

Posted via CB10
    http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/sn4q2bxa
    06-23-15 06:57 AM
    I'm banking on at least one more PR, taking a note from Apple's "one more thing"

Android rumours, anyone?
    Corbu, morganplus8, zyben and 2 others like this.
    06-23-15 06:57 AM
    Can't view on the Passport?
    06-23-15 07:00 AM
    Seems like great numbers. Should be a nice pop to the stock price when things open. I'm feeling very confident that the rest of the year will go even better.
    06-23-15 07:01 AM
    BlackBerry Results Miss Expectations - WSJ

By CAROLYN KING
    June 23, 2015 7:28 a.m. ET

BlackBerry Ltd.�s quarterly results fell short of expectations overall but showed improvement in the key area of software sales.

The Canadian smartphone company said Tuesday that it had earnings of $68 million, or 13 cents a basic share, in the fiscal first quarter ended May 30, compared with $23 million, or four cents a basic share, a year earlier. The latest results included noncash income associated with a change in the fair value of some debentures as well as restructuring charges.

Adjusted to exclude items, BlackBerry recorded a loss of five cents a share, narrower than the loss of 11 cents a share it posted a year earlier. Analysts, however, expected BlackBerry to report a loss of three cents a share in the latest period.

Revenue, as expected, was down sharply from a year earlier, declining to $658 million from $966 million. The Thomson Reuters projection was $683 million.

BlackBerry is betting its growth on sales of mobile-device-management software and devices aimed at business customers. The results provided some evidence the company�s turnaround plan is working. In the quarter, BlackBerry generated $137 million in software sales, up from $67 million in the prior quarter.

�I am pleased with the strong performance of our software and technology business. This is key to BlackBerry�s future growth,� Chief Executive John Chen said in a statement. �Our financials reflect increased investments to sales and customer support for our software business.�

Mr. Chen said the company continues to take steps to make its handset business profitable and still targets �sustainable non-GAAP profitability� sometime this fiscal year.

BlackBerry�s cash pile increased by $50 million to $3.32 billion at the end of the period.
    Up 8.37% at the moment...
    06-23-15 07:04 AM
    Conference start
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

=> let's rally on this one : "$BBRY[dot]YEAH !"
    zyben, Mr BBRY, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    06-23-15 07:04 AM
    Whose expectation????

Classically Posted.
    06-23-15 07:05 AM
    Live CB Blog comments here : BlackBerry Q1 Fiscal 2016 Earnings Call Live Blog! | CrackBerry.com
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    06-23-15 07:07 AM
    I know this is the wrong time to ask but what did MOBL do for software revenues last quarter? Can we ever beat them? Oh, I'm sorry, .................. I guess we did!

Those are amazing numbers, nothing short of amazing and we haven't heard from Chen yet. The revenue range was from $ 480 up to $ 690 and we are 85% of the highest level. All other numbers are really solid. So now, for the first time, we have a driver, a sector of the business that is surpassing all expectations around the world. BlackBerry owns that space and is the company you need to compete with. No one else can show that kind of growth and hold that percentage of the market. This is beyond anything Morgan Stanley can bash, that's MOBL they flopped on and BB too. They aren't very good at analysis are they? And now we will hear from our leader ................. all day! (That means BNN girls too you know Corbu).
    06-23-15 07:10 AM
    Good lob at MOBL Mr. Chen! RBS is a good steal! :-D
    Bilaal, igotaq, zyben and 6 others like this.
    06-23-15 07:13 AM
    06-23-15 07:14 AM
    So Faucette's theory is dead. It was supposed to take 2-4 years to get on a 600M run rate / yr for software.

No way he can keep his $7 PT now....how about Credit Suisse?
    zyben, morganplus8, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    06-23-15 07:17 AM
    After Chen's introduction
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Soumaila Somtore and bungaboy like this.
    06-23-15 07:24 AM
    Better headlines

BUZZ-BlackBerry Ltd: Shares rise as Q1 software revenue soars (Thomson Reuters)

** Canadian smartphone maker's U.S.-listed shares up 8 pct at $9.97 premarket - most heavily traded among Nasdaq-listed stocks

** Company, which is trying to focus on its software business, says revenue in that business more than doubled to $137 mln in Q1 from a year earlier

** "Based on our initial take, the highlight in the quarter was the very strong software revenue performance," UBS analysts write in a note

** Q1 revenue $658 mln, slightly lower than Q4, showing signs of stalling

** Up to Monday's close, Toronto-listed stock of BlackBerry had risen nearly 8 pct over the last 12 months
    Bilaal, Corbu, morganplus8 and 8 others like this.
    06-23-15 07:28 AM
    ...and we have BBRY buying back 12 million shares to possibly add to our rally...
    06-23-15 07:28 AM
    Don't ditch that BlackBerry yet!

BlackBerry is proving to be just like the peasant in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." It's not dead yet.
    CNN Money : Don't ditch that BlackBerry yet! - Jun. 23, 2015
    06-23-15 07:29 AM
    06-23-15 07:31 AM
    UPDATE 1-BlackBerry 1st-qtr software revenue jumps, shares soar (Thomson Reuters)

(Adds details, background, stock price)

TORONTO, June 23 (Reuters) - BlackBerry Ltd said on Tuesday its revenue slide began to ease and its turnaround gained traction as revenue from its crucial software segment rose in the first quarter, sending its shares soaring 8.6 percent.

Quarterly revenue totaled $658 million in the quarter, slightly lower than the prior period, but software revenue more than doubled from a year ago to $137 million as the company pivots to that segment.

"The reaction is all about the software revenues," said Morningstar analyst Brian Colello. "This is the best sign yet that the turnaround is working."

Its shares rose to $9.99 in premarket trade on the Nasdaq from a close of $9.20 on Monday. The software revenue growth calmed the fears of analysts and investors, who have been concerned about BlackBerry's ability to grow those revenues as it transforms itself from a hardware-focused company to more of a software and services provider.

Excluding a one-time accounting gain and charges related to restructuring, the company reported a first-quarter loss of $28 million, or 5 cents a share.

Analysts, on average, expected a loss of 3 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting by Euan Rocha, Alastair Sharp and Allison Martell in Toronto; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
    06-23-15 07:32 AM
    06-23-15 07:33 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mockit_23062015064359.jpg

Classically Posted.
    06-23-15 07:44 AM
    After Chen's introduction
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1078 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	359061
    it is not even 1% up now and going lower
    06-23-15 07:50 AM
113,256 ... 34223423342434253426 ...