View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Information ONLY and not any advice at all!!!!!!!!

BUZZ-BlackBerry Ltd: heavy options activity as Q1 results loom (Thomson Reuters)

** Cost of a Blackberry straddle suggests stock likely to see another big move around Tuesday's Q1 earnings report

** Average move on day after last 8 earnings reports is about 8.5 pct

** This time, however, 30-day ATM implied vol at 46 pct, lowest ahead of earnings in last two years, according to Livevol

** Healthy options activity seen in longer-dated options too with July $10 calls busiest on Monday

** Little open interest in near-term options; eight of top ten contracts with highest open interest expire Jan '16 or later

** U.S-listed shares have dropped 9 pct since co reported a surprise quarterly profit in March (Messaging: [email protected])
    06-22-15 12:31 PM
    Information ONLY and not any advice at all!!!!!!!!

BUZZ-BlackBerry Ltd: heavy options activity as Q1 results loom (Thomson Reuters)

** Cost of a Blackberry straddle suggests stock likely to see another big move around Tuesday's Q1 earnings report

** Average move on day after last 8 earnings reports is about 8.5 pct

** This time, however, 30-day ATM implied vol at 46 pct, lowest ahead of earnings in last two years, according to Livevol

** Healthy options activity seen in longer-dated options too with July $10 calls busiest on Monday

** Little open interest in near-term options; eight of top ten contracts with highest open interest expire Jan '16 or later

** U.S-listed shares have dropped 9 pct since co reported a surprise quarterly profit in March (Messaging: [email protected])
    If anyone has the time or inclination, I would love to have this translated into layperson speak...
    Superfly_FR, georg4BB and bungaboy like this.
    06-22-15 12:36 PM
    OT.
    In the continuation of my random thoughts and tracks, one may want to look at WAAS ... or Windows As A Service (aka Azure Mobile).
    Because, at the end of the day, for business, what would most need besides MS suite ?
    And it's available right now for Android (and based on a protocol very well supported by BB10) ...
    morganplus8, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    06-22-15 12:45 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, with already announced:

Michael Hayden Says U.S. Is Easy Prey for Hackers - WSJ
    Hackers prompt flight cancellation at Polish airport | ZDNet

we now have:
    Why the next World War will be a cyberwar first, and a shooting war second | ZDNet

We should see serious pain soon and wake up to need urgently getting more serious about utilization of proper Security Software (a well known proven company comes to mind), serious Security Software for increasingly Serious Issues -- replace weak Mickey Mouse solutions (you know the ones...) when serious and reliable proven methods are readily available before it is too late, just sayin... The foxes already started to creep in the hen-house, getting to be a free-for-all and rapidly become not a pretty sight. Hoping it is not too late while facing the risks of IoT rapidly approaching.
    06-22-15 12:46 PM
    OT: BLRX starting to see some nice activity. Keep an eye on this one chaps!
    06-22-15 01:06 PM
    SP is green, up 2.6% right now. Is this a sign we may finally shoot some bears tomorrow?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, zyben, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    06-22-15 01:17 PM
    One more completely OT but very worth while looking into, not only for health reasons as honey is exceptionally good for your immune system but also helping out one of the most important insects on the planet. Without bee's we as humans are toast.

Honey On Tap From Your Own Beehive - Flow? Hive Home

My dad used to be a bee keeper in the UK so I am very familiar with this

Cheers all and have a lovely week.

Ben
    morganplus8, zyben, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    06-22-15 01:29 PM
    Hands-On Test Of Ford's New Sync 3 Infotainment System

Hands-On Test Of Ford's New Sync 3 Infotainment System - Forbes
    06-22-15 01:34 PM
    OT:
    Technology / Self-Driving Trucks

Self-Driving Trucks Take to America's Roads - The Takeaway
    https://medium.com/basic-income/self...k-b8507d9c5961
    Self-Driving Trucks Are Going to Hit Us Like a Human-Driven Truck
    06-22-15 01:41 PM
    Hands-On Test Of Ford's New Sync 3 Infotainment System

Hands-On Test Of Ford's New Sync 3 Infotainment System - Forbes
    Thanks zyben!

Like this part:

Based on this short test, Sync 3 could represent the cutting edge of in-car infotainment and a return of Ford as a forerunner in in-dash technology. And that Ford could have another hit on its hands.
    morganplus8, rarsen, zyben and 4 others like this.
    06-22-15 01:45 PM
    SP is green, up 2.6% right now. Is this a sign we may finally shoot some bears tomorrow?

Posted via CB10
    To me it's a sign it was oversold down at $8.80 and good support at $8.80 and $8.60 meant not too much farther it would likely fall.

I think it ends today around $9.12 which was good support before breaking below that. A good run to $9.30 to end the day would be good too. But really it doesn't matter what it closes at. The ER will move the tape.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-22-15 02:29 PM
    $9.22 at 3:58....$9.13 close.

Here's a cheers to getting in the 6xxM and profit at 7am tomorrow! Just need 1.2M phones sold at $23x ASP

EDIT: Google finance was messed....$9.21 close and up a few pennies after hours
    sidhuk, morganplus8, zyben and 2 others like this.
    06-22-15 03:12 PM
    Thanks zyben!

Like this part:
    And as a reminder, the $400,000 Ford GT supercar will come equipped with Sync 3:

--The supercar will also include advanced active aerodynamics, such as a deployable rear spoiler, and a series of material and technology innovations such as SYNC 3 � the latest version of Ford�s advanced connectivity system.--

All-New Ford GT Supercar Arrives in 2016 with More than 600HP

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-2017-ford-gt.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ford_gt_17_06.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-2017-ford-gt-redesign3.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-new-ford-gt-during-north-american-international-auto-show.-1024x576.jpg
    06-22-15 03:42 PM
    And as a reminder, the $400,000 Ford GT supercar will come equipped with Sync 3:

--The supercar will also include advanced active aerodynamics, such as a deployable rear spoiler, and a series of material and technology innovations such as SYNC 3 � the latest version of Ford�s advanced connectivity system.--

All-New Ford GT Supercar Arrives in 2016 with More than 600HP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-Ford-GT.jpg 
Views:	1172 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	358961

Name:	ford_gt_17_06.jpg 
Views:	1063 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	358960

Name:	2017-Ford-GT-Redesign3.jpg 
Views:	1169 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	358959

Name:	the-new-Ford-GT-during-the-North-American-International-Auto-Show.-1024x576.jpg 
Views:	1061 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	358957
    I hope to see QNX make that a demo car in a couple years. It's a tech showcase vehicle.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 04:02 PM
    Did anyone figure out BlackBerry's odd tweet last week? #MCM

Mobile Cloud Management?

I bet we hear a little more tomorrow..
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    06-22-15 04:08 PM
    Did anyone figure out BlackBerry's odd tweet last week? #MCM

Mobile Cloud Management?

I bet we hear a little more tomorrow..
    I think it is Mobile Content Management. Integrating Watchdox into BES12 service add-on.
    Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    06-22-15 04:49 PM
    I hope Blackberry lets a little info out on the Android strategy -- or partnering with Samsung on it.

I think they might be waiting for July 23rd conference to talk about how they are securing Android maybe using hypervisor host. Lots of good stuff to come until then end of this year.

I hope Chen also says QNX (auto) revenue is about to ramp up due to the Ford partnership. That should be good rev for calendar Q4 and calendar 2016. They say it is 100M rev right now...we could see another 50M rev / yr just from Ford.

Just give me 85M+ software and 6xxM+ revenue and +0.0x EPS !!!
    06-22-15 04:54 PM
    MCM = man crush monday.. they were having a laugh

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 05:24 PM
    $11.32CAD
    UP:0.41
    UP:3.76%

^ TSE:BB.

I just had a thought. Before marketing dollars is expensed to help improved the brand .... I had a thought.

Mr Bilboun under Heins chose the last marketing push to highlight the company with the brand changing RIM to BlackBerry. This I've stated for months during February+ 2013 it was a BAD idea. Many loved it.

We're not paying for it ... now the Brandname of the products is being hated upon so too is the direct association of the company. New products, new OS etc is going to be hard to lift this "imbedded" sentiment, especially on the social media - which I think is completely garbage on 70% and with far too much power with word of mouth, horrible research.

Also ... where is the spirit, the soul of the company? Really ... think about this?! I'll bet the very first 15ppl to reply or reaching this question will automatically think "Security" or "Best in Security".

When someone asks you what do you do or enjoy to do ... do you say I'm a Chartered Accountant, I work in I.T. (meaning hear b*tching and complaining all day to fix their issues, lol - Level 1 or 2 support), etc etc. NO! This is what you DO in order to take care of things you must ... an ends to a means is the purpose for earning a living, or responsibility to your family. You answer what you LOVE to do - Sail, Play Guitar, Play and Watch Futbol, Basketball, Football (NFL), have sex with your life partner ( lmao, being cheeky here).

The competition has a soul ... where is BlackBerry's? What does BlackBerry, besides security, stand for?!

BlackBerry needs to first within and outside of itself, then with their user base and blog community establish their soul! Right now ... BlackBerry stands purely in the mass public eye as a Security Officer, a warden for a jailed device (on BES) ... basically the police! Youth and those under 32 grew up ... heck I did and I'm 10yrs older, grew up on "F the POLICE" ! Youth by nature are VERY rebellious, especially with authority whom even in the home as parents restrict what youth can/cannot do.

We need a more pleasant or cool tone for the company ... maybe turn security as your best friend like a personal bodyguard.
    Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    06-22-15 06:20 PM
    Part of the answer ?
    http://mackcollier.com/customers-soc...word-of-mouth/
    Less than 5%... are we those WOM guys ?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    06-22-15 06:26 PM
    Same old, same old from the WSJ...
    BlackBerry?s Classic Moment, or Not - WSJ
    The smartphone maker needs to deliver on software and possibly ditch handsets to get Wall Street�s approval

By SPENCER JAKAB
    Updated June 22, 2015 7:23 p.m. ET

Sadly for the once-dominant smartphone maker the comment didn�t come from an investor or Wall Street analyst. It was the title of a review from a satisfied user on AT&T Inc.�s device store. Even some product-testers are raving about BlackBerry Ltd.�s throwback device, the Classic, which saw its first significant sales during the fiscal first quarter the company will report on Tuesday.

If only people were as enthusiastic about its stock: Just three brokers have the equivalent of a �buy� recommendation, while 18 say �hold� and nine �sell.� Most technology companies look like the exact opposite on that measure, for what it is worth.

It is BlackBerry�s device business that gets the least love from financial types. A lineup that had over half the U.S. smartphone market back in 2009 now has so little share globally that it probably lacks critical mass financially, even with production outsourced and costs cut. BlackBerry announced layoffs in the unit last month.

Two things could leave the market pleasantly surprised on Tuesday. One would be an announcement that BlackBerry is distancing itself from handsets, devoting more resources to software. The other would be if that latter business shows signs of meeting some ambitious revenue targets laid out by Chief Executive John Chen.

A hopeful sign on software sales would affect the share price far more than if BlackBerry�s loss for the period through May was better than the 5 cents a share projected by analysts. They see BlackBerry reporting software and support revenue of $83 million for the quarter, up from $56 million a year earlier. The company wants to more than double the annual figure in fiscal 2016 to $500 million and to produce operating profits on a sustained basis. That would come as services revenue continues to shrivel, falling by about half this fiscal year.

BlackBerry�s shares, down 17% year to date, signal skepticism about its software prospects. While its niche, mobile-device security, is an attractive one and its offerings are competitive, Mr. Chen�s targets seem like a stretch. Meanwhile, any incremental good news about handsets won�t help much if the company�s one growth business disappoints.

As The Wall Street Journal�s own reviewer wrote about the Classic, �Nostalgia just isn�t what it used to be.�
    rarsen, bungaboy, W Hoa and 6 others like this.
    06-22-15 06:57 PM
    BlackBerry: ?Sideways? Quarter Ahead, But Still Hope, Says BGC - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

By Teresa Rivas

BlackBerry (BBRY) reports earnings before the bell Tuesday, and while UBS is skeptical about the quarter, BGC’s Colin Gillis is more optimistic about the stock.

Gillis reiterated a Buy rating and $12.50 price target on the stock Monday. Although he expects a “sideways” quarter, in his opinion, investor expectations for material growth are “muted” thanks to the fact that BlackBerry is ramping sales and distribution ability as it brings the latest version of its Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) platform to market.

Given that the expectations for software revenue growth are back loaded to the second half of the fiscal year, Gillis warns that “there are clearly risks that the company encounters execution hurdles or that product acceptance in the marketplace is weaker than expected.” He also notes that hardware revenue has been a “mild disappointment”. Nonetheless, while there are still some uncertainties, he makes two main points:

1) In our option the correct management team in in place, and driving the company with a clear direction and urgency, even though the pivot is going to take several quarters.

2) By being cash flow positive the company has earned the luxury of having the time to let its products find market acceptance without customers being concerned on the ongoing viability of Blackberry.

We continue to see several opportunities for unlocking value in the company, given the slimmed down expense base, relatively small share count, and the market opportunity. Handset revenue may have some degree of upside, and we expect handset average selling prices to lift to $219 from $211 in the prior quarter.

Here are his estimates for the upcoming quarter:

We estimate handset revenue at 49% of total for $329 million (+20% QoQ, – 13% YoY) driven by demand for the Classic phone. Services revenue is expected to decline on a go forward basis approximately 15% QoQ, and we model service revenue at $248 million – a decline of 20% QoQ. We model software at $81 million, 12% of total and 49% YoY growth. We estimate revenue of $671 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2016, a decline of 31% YoY, and 2% sequential increase. Our EPS estimate is $0.01 and compares to $0.11 loss in the prior year. Gross margins estimate is 48% and we model 1.5 million phones sold at a blended ASP of $219. Our revenue estimates are below consensus and earnings estimate are above consensus.

BlackBerry closed up 3.3% on Monday.
    bungaboy, rarsen, W Hoa and 10 others like this.
    06-22-15 06:59 PM
    Sold my HALO at the peak today and bought more BBRY. Betting on Black.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 07:57 PM
    Just one more sleep and then out of this misery of waiting!

Posted via CB10
    zyben and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-22-15 08:07 PM
    Part of the answer ?
    http://mackcollier.com/customers-soc...word-of-mouth/
    Less than 5%... are we those WOM guys ?

Posted via CB10
    95,3% of us here are !! XD
    06-22-15 08:09 PM
113,256 ... 34203421342234233424 ...