View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    . This market will be HUGE!

Glad to hear Cisco, Qualcomm and Intel partnering with QNX in this business.

A few more years guys. Hang in there.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the BNN video post much appreciated.

That said NO it should NOT take a few more years! Why should we wait especially as thus market will indeed be huge!

BlackBerry needs to NOW leverage their brands namesake in Security and Connected mobile devices and NOW!

1. Cars are ever increasingly mobile.
    2. Announce a security, connected, safety and life cycle agreement of their IoT business with a major car manufacturer!

Mercedes Benz would be a perfect partner or client here. Actually their IoT business should be a service with a website app for ALL platforms for service crews, management, and consumers allowing for co branding. Get their name out there. Show the security SPEED and efficiency of data cost savings to man afectarse in deployment recalls and supply chain!!

Come On BlackBerry, "Get'Er Done!"

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 12:39 AM
    Model trains? I'm confused as it think of toy trains I've the train set my dad gave me.

Coincidentally that brand on the train set is the same company that contracted IBM which I worked long ago on contract back in 2008 for I.T. Support. The company is BNSF the largest train company in the USA and now part of Berkshire Hathaway holdings by some 90+%

FYI their train masters headquartered in Fort Worth TX could remotely control trains for almost 20 yrs now before any of this IOT branding or knowledge of the sort.

Posted via CB10
    The trains were just one application and it was done just to demonstrate how much data can be pulled from one application. It wasn't just having access to the train, it was having access to the surroundings as well. Users had access to Arduino and Raspberri pi micro computers to work on and all data was flowing to these devices.

As developers it's difficult to learn these platforms without having an elaborate setup. One thing is for sure, one day soon we'll be seeing drones delivering packages, driverless cars, driverless delivery trucks and busses, etc.. and carriers will be moving a lot of data. I don't see any companies better positioned than Blackberry and Cisco. The fact that Cisco is partnering with QNX is a big deal.

They have all the pieces:

Industry's best and most trusted real time OS.
    Secure and monitorable private messaging NOC
    Bullet proof security expertise and patents.
    Carrier relationships across the globe.

My bet is that a new tech boom is coming in North America and it will be the biggest one yet.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    06-20-15 07:15 AM
    06-20-15 07:42 AM
    We should create a "Troll Index" and see how it correlates with BBRY's SP...
    I think you are onto something here Corbu!! Let's create an exclusive BB 10 app that works in the new Trollex Watch, you get a notification when a troll is present and all you have to do is push the Red Button and they are tazered or something distracting like that. Their message is replaced with a cloud of smoke icon! Sorry, I need help.

Have we heard from all of the bashers now? Are we ready for the real data on Tuesday morning? Who's left? Got to go, I have been away and I just noticed that JLagoon is back and I want to see his message on my big screen!

EDIT: WOW !!!!!

JLagoon, you knocked it out of the park with that analysis, I couldn't have stated it any better, I agree with every point you made. Thank you so much for such a detailed analysis.

Superfly - I forgot to mention that I liked your rant last night on diversifying your holdings and not been afraid to hold onto an investment when the big picture could spell huge gains down the road. I don't think Chen is looking at his 8.8 million share options at $ 8.85 strike and disappointed that he is breaking even, he has the incentive to drive that investment higher and his turn-around is for 5-years so .................. he speaks to what you were saying. And, it is true, if you flipped BBRY a couple of times, you have made far more than you would have holding AAPL. I proved in a post awhile back that BBRY out-performed AAPL in all but 8 months of a 33 month period. Cheers.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 06-20-15 at 08:59 AM.
    jxnb, spiller, rarsen and 19 others like this.
    06-20-15 08:41 AM
    Mercedes qualify 1 & 2 at the Austrian GP

06-20-15 09:32 AM
    Mercedes qualify 1 & 2 at the Austrian GP

Nico had him...darn spin on last corner.

Classically Posted.
    rarsen, Corbu, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    06-20-15 09:51 AM
    Hi All,

re: WorkLife

Need your assistance with this.

I am looking to set up a business where I would like to have multiple phone numbers on a single device. Total separation, to be charged completely separately, etc. (It's a legit business !!) lol

A few questions and was wondering if any of you had insight on this:

1. Is it possible to obtain this feature for the average customer, or is an enterprise account required?

2. Can "WorkLife" only support 2 numbers / device? read somewhere that the Movirtu tech can support 9 numbers / device ( I will need a minimum of 3 numbers for my device).

Looking at the BB website, it says it will be available from your mobile operator.... and was wondering if your mobile carrier in your area is offering this at the moment ?

Thanks
    06-20-15 11:08 AM
    AFAIK, not available in France.
    I'd suggest you ask in the BES section of the forum, where the most up to date with those matters crackberrian fellows are !

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    06-20-15 12:17 PM
    Hi All,

re: WorkLife

Need your assistance with this.

I am looking to set up a business where I would like to have multiple phone numbers on a single device. Total separation, to be charged completely separately, etc. (It's a legit business !!) lol

A few questions and was wondering if any of you had insight on this:

1. Is it possible to obtain this feature for the average customer, or is an enterprise account required?

2. Can "WorkLife" only support 2 numbers / device? read somewhere that the Movirtu tech can support 9 numbers / device ( I will need a minimum of 3 numbers for my device).

Looking at the BB website, it says it will be available from your mobile operator.... and was wondering if your mobile carrier in your area is offering this at the moment ?

Thanks
    As far as I know no carrier is offering WorkLife yet. They may have pilot programs going, but nothing announced for the public yet.

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    06-20-15 12:42 PM
    As far as I know no carrier is offering WorkLife yet. They may have pilot programs going, but nothing announced for the public yet.

Posted via CB10
    Just in hongkong I think

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    06-20-15 12:53 PM
    Slightly OT.
    Remember Chen's speach about universal apps ?
    The fast answer was HTML5.
    Seems the proper is 'WebAssembly'. A new bitecode based experience...
    Early days, but I'd bet we may ear a lot about it in the very near future.
    P.S: do not read near= E.R

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebAssembly

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 01:14 PM
    ... I don't see any companies better positioned than Blackberry and Cisco. The fact that Cisco is partnering with QNX is a big deal.

They have all the pieces:

Industry's best and most trusted real time OS.
    Secure and monitorable private messaging NOC
    Bullet proof security expertise and patents.
    Carrier relationships across the globe.

My bet is that a new tech boom is coming in North America and it will be the biggest one yet.
    I'd like to shoe-in Sierra Wireless here, as the wildcard for an unbeatable trio.
    06-20-15 01:51 PM
    Yo, M8!

[Batman sign shines in the sky]

What do you think of this 'correction' lately?
    You still holding your cards with a stiff upper lip and a poker face!?
    If so, does the Mrs. know yet?

I am not having fun being down so much with BBRY and SWIR, and need some knee bouncing please.
    Shanerredflag and Mr BBRY like this.
    06-20-15 02:00 PM
    Hi all:

It has been a while. Here is a quick update on my charts. In my previous posts, I indicated that we may have an ascending triangle. This pattern is not valid anymore, because the stock broke the orange line in the charts below, which was our long term uptrend line. What seems to be a valid pattern now is what Morgan has pointed out, which is a parallel trading channel. This pattern is tricky to establish, because of the various rumors that caused the spike and dip. In any case, the range of this parallel channel is about $11.10 - $8.59.

Weekly. On the weekly chart, we can see the overview of this parallel channel. I think, an important indicator on this chart is volume. The stock has been trading in the channel for almost a year. And volume in the second half has decreased gradually. This channel may not last very long anymore. How convenient is it that the current dip is just 1 more trading day, before ER? And how about the institutions that increased their holdings, yet issuing bearish news? And how about that Scotia upgrade to $12.50? Pretty "confusing," right?

I am still holding my shares. And it is great to see the continuity of quality posts in this thread. Thanks to all of you, and special thanks to Morganplus8. Morgan, I wish you all the best on your family situation.
    Here's my take on the current pattern. Bottom is just about in for this current down trend. But I see BlackBerry at least the BB.TO ticker is in a Falling Wedge (reversal) pattern for one or two more quarters as the rocket launchers are being prepared for blast off.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-wedge-reversal.png
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 06-20-15 at 03:28 PM.
    06-20-15 02:19 PM
    06-20-15 02:22 PM
    Yo, M8!

[Batman sign shines in the sky]

What do you think of this 'correction' lately?
    You still holding your cards with a stiff upper lip and a poker face!?
    If so, does the Mrs. know yet?

I am not having fun being down so much with BBRY and SWIR, and need some knee bouncing please.
    Munchers !!!

Ha! You just need to read JLagoon's TA on BBRY, he mentions RSI=30 is a Buy, it's true, whenever the stock gets to RSI=30 you are buying at the bottom. When it gets to RSI > 70 you would sell and run with the profits. This time is no different is it? We are over-sold in the short-term, the media has bashed the stock like it always does, every two months we trade above $ 11.00 again. Nothing has changed for 2 years now.

I like BBRY, I own the stock, I would like to see it pop out of this trading range and hold $ 11.00 for a good long time. I think it is coming but we need a driver and so far, we haven't seen one yet. QNX is awesome, but it isn't to scale enough to drive the stock. So here we are again, as of the close on Monday we are all getting back to reality with a REAL set of numbers to work with. Guidance will be very important and the surprise could be yet another BEAT by John. I don't know what will happen, I think we are at a bottom again here but news trumps TA!!

I should say that I like selling call options on BBRY, and in this case, the strike would be $ 10.00 while I wait for the company to gain its footings again. You can make 50% on your money without doing much by writing call options so my wife has to keep to herself and not talk to me about BlackBerry any more. She is doing fine with her Biotechs so I don't worry about it too much! (Got to go, she is coming upstairs.)

Best of luck, I spend far more time doing other things these days and ignore the media pump, Chen will get us there soon enough.
    06-20-15 05:25 PM
    06-20-15 05:58 PM
    06-21-15 08:13 AM
    Chequered flag

NICO ROSBERG WINS THE AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX.

Hamilton 2nd...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-_83767122_nico_win_epa.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-_83767290_nico_profile_ap.jpg

How about that sponsorship?
    06-21-15 08:48 AM
    06-21-15 09:05 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies files, having an interesting side-discussion with an esteemed CB colleague on MobileIron quoting the number of shares sold at a loss (of course) by their former CFO.

An additional information is their Senior Vice President of Sales also leaving soon:
    John Donnelly to Leave Mobileiron, Inc. as Senior Vice President of Sales in the Second Half of 2015
    http://www.bloomberg.com/research/st...capId=61772150
    John Donnelly will be transitioning out of his role as Senior Vice President of Sales of MobileIron, Inc. (MobileIron) over the next 60 days and will assume the role of Vice President of Strategic Sales. Mr. Donnelly will then be leaving MobileIron in the second half of 2015. In connection with his transition, Mr. Donnelly will cease to serve as a Section 16 officer (as such term is defined under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934) of MobileIron as of the effective date of his role change. Once Mr. Donnelly transitions out of his SVP role, he will no longer participate in his 2015 SVP Sales Plan; however, he will continue to report to Bob Tinker, Chief Executive Officer, and participate in the Executive Severance Benefit Plan. MobileIron CEO Bob Tinker will serve as interim head of global sales until a permanent replacement has been appointed.

And Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Alleges Complaint Against MobileIron, Inc
    MobileIron, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek
    A securities class action lawsuit has been commenced in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California by the Levi & Korsinsky, LLP. If any body purchased or otherwise acquired MobileIron, Inc. securities between February 13, 2015 and April 22, 2015, rights may be affected by this action. The complaint alleges that the company failed to disclose that it was unrealistic the Company would meet its first quarter 2015 guidance due to an inability to close large customers during the quarter, and because of a substantial customer shift to their monthly subscription offering. If any suffered a loss in the company have until June 30, 2015, to request that the Court appoint as lead plaintiff.
    Last edited by rarsen; 06-21-15 at 12:09 PM.
    zyben, La Emperor, Corbu and 11 others like this.
    06-21-15 11:43 AM
    Corbu, bungaboy, kadakn01 and 8 others like this.
    06-21-15 12:31 PM
    OT:
    Taylor Swift pulls 1989 album from Apple Music - BBC News

"We don't ask you for free iPhones. Please don't ask us to provide you with our music for no compensation."
    bungaboy, zyben, jxnb and 13 others like this.
    06-21-15 12:35 PM
    BBRY upcoming earnings currently trending on this site.

BBRY - BlackBerry Crowdsourced Earnings Estimates - Estimize
    06-21-15 02:12 PM
    Nice shot:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cib_raawwaaoox9.jpg

Classically Posted.
    06-21-15 04:20 PM
113,256 ... 34183419342034213422 ...