View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    RBC : BlackBerry Classic/Passport Sales 'Aren't Great, ' Revenue Outlook 'Well Below' Wall Street Consensus
    Sorry Corbu, didn't see your post regarding RBC!
    06-18-15 10:22 AM
    Sorry Corbu, didn't see your post regarding RBC!
    No apologies necessary, bbjdog.

Cheers!
    Soumaila Somtore and zyben like this.
    06-18-15 10:29 AM
    Loss of .07 EPS.

Positive .06 EPS

No one knows.

This quarter is a huge Crap shoot. I'm sticking with my numbers posted a few weeks ago...in the 6xx M and positive EPS. 1.1M+ device sales.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    06-18-15 11:45 AM
    No apologies necessary, bbjdog.

Cheers!
    That's good, I almost had a panic attack. Don't won't you to befriend me before I get my beer. Lol
    Corbu, rarsen and zyben like this.
    06-18-15 11:59 AM
    Loss of .07 EPS.

Positive .06 EPS

No one knows.

This quarter is a huge Crap shoot. I'm sticking with my numbers posted a few weeks ago...in the 6xx M and positive EPS. 1.1M+ device sales.

Posted via CB10
    I think I predicted around $480M and looks like RBC is predicting $487M. I think they are right. I don't expect us to cross $500m this quarter.

All my hopes are now on Android powered Slider. If we can sell X devices with BlackBerry 10 and only us (fan/enthusiasts) seem to want it. How many can we sell with Android that apparently everyone and their dog wants? Perhaps 4x? What would 4x sales do to revenue and our stock price?

BlackBerry doesn't market but if BlackBerry launches Android powered devices, all journalists, bloggers are going to cover it and give us plenty of free marketing.

So, I am pinning all my hopes on Android powered BlackBerry now.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 12:32 PM
    Ot: but today it's one of those day's.

Is the US Security cracking down on violations or is it smoke technique?
    But the fine doesn't equal the profit!

UPDATE 1-US SEC charges 36 firms over fraudulent muni bond offerings (Thomson Reuters)

(Updates with background on the program, adds more names of firms charged, quote from SEC official)

By Sarah N. Lynch

WASHINGTON, June 18 (Reuters) - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filed enforcement actions against 36 municipal bond underwriting firms over fraudulent offerings on Thursday, marking the first time the regulator has brought such cases.

The SEC's enforcement sweep stems from a March 2014 initiative that invited firms to voluntarily self-report disclosure violations made by material misstatements and omissions in bond offering documents.

In exchange for self-reporting, firms were told they would receive favorable settlement terms and Thursday's cases mark the first time underwriters have been charged through the program.

The SEC charged a bond issuer for the first time under the program in July 2014.

Among the firms charged include units of banks such as Bank of America Merrill Lynch, BNY Mellon, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, JP Morgan, Royal Bank of Canada and Morgan Stanley.

All have agreed to settle the charges without admitting or denying the allegations.

Under the terms of the deal, the SEC said each firm will pay civil penalties based on the number and size of the fraudulent offering, up to a cap based on firm size. The maximum penalty is $500,000.

They also must hire independent consultants to review their policies and procedures.

"The settlements announced today reflect these underwriters' cooperation in self-reporting their own misconduct and agreeing to improve their procedures going forward," said LeeAnn Ghazil Gaunt, the head of the SEC's enforcement unit for municipal securities and public pensions.

(Reporting by Lisa Lambert and Sarah N. Lynch; Editing by Bill Trott)
    06-18-15 12:34 PM

BlackBerry doesn't market but if BlackBerry launches Android powered devices, all journalists, bloggers are going to cover it and give us plenty of free marketing.

So, I am pinning all my hopes on Android powered BlackBerry now.

Posted via CB10
    Except you are forgetting that the rumours also state that BlackBerry Android device will not have leading edge specs and be more like the Z3 in that it's bare bones and made to be a bargain basement device.

If the first BlackBerry Android device doesn't have Flagship level specs all the journalists and bloggers will grind it into the ground as the worst Android device ever made. I just don't see any BlackBerry Android device as a positive at this point. Maybe before BB10 came out. But right now I see too many down sides to this.

Still hoping it's just a rumor and not a fact...

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 01:39 PM
    Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but the current stock dip is because I bought some more shares in the last week.

I'm three stock purchases for three big stock price drops now! I'm better than Faucette!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 01:46 PM
    Except you are forgetting that the rumours also state that BlackBerry Android device will not have leading edge specs and be more like the Z3 in that it's bare bones and made to be a bargain basement device.

If the first BlackBerry Android device doesn't have Flagship level specs all the journalists and bloggers will grind it into the ground as the worst Android device ever made. I just don't see any BlackBerry Android device as a positive at this point. Maybe before BB10 came out. But right now I see too many down sides to this.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. If Superfly is right, BlackBerry is not allowed to sell Android phones the same time they are selling devices with an Android fork (Android player). If they stick with BB10 in the foreseeable future - and that was confirmed in the official statement - they will not sell an Android phone labeled as a BlackBerry. More likely BlackBerry and Samsung are making a special enterprise Android phone and sell it to theire enterprise customers, like they did with the Android tablet.
    kadakn01, jxnb, spike12 and 4 others like this.
    06-18-15 02:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Slider is going to have Android and it is high-end.
    There may also be a low-end Android.

I am pinning all my hopes on Android powered BlackBerry device.

I expect BlackBerry to continue developing BlackBerry 10/QNX but in the meanwhile, in the short-term, I hope they'll sell Android devices like hell and make a lot of revenue/profit to fund their BlackBerry 10 r&d efforts. Re-release it to consumers when it's more mature.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 02:17 PM
    Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but the current stock dip is because I bought some more shares in the last week.

I'm three stock purchases for three big stock price drops now! I'm better than Faucette!

Posted via CB10
    It's all your fault lol. It's like they know it you and they scream sell sell sell. Been there lol

Posted via CB10
    BanffMoose likes this.
    06-18-15 02:22 PM
    If the android rumor is true they can't build a low end touch or high end touch. BlackBerry has to differentiate themselves with the rest of the other androids which is the keyboard. It's the smartest and Imo the only option. If the keyboard is a smash hit venture with a touch.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 02:29 PM

I expect BlackBerry to continue developing BlackBerry 10/QNX but in the meanwhile, in the short-term, I hope they'll sell Android devices like hell and make a lot of revenue/profit to fund their BlackBerry 10 r&d efforts. Re-release it to consumers when it's more mature.

Posted via CB10
    You speak like it's fact. Until it's announced by BlackBerry, it's nothing more than rumours.

As for making tons of money, how? LG has been in the game for 4 years now and only making 1.5% operating profit. Factor in taxes and back to a loss. BlackBerry doesn't have the economy of scale to make tons of money on Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 02:37 PM
    The article is not dated, but looking at the content it seems fairly recent.

BlackBerry�s big turnaround

BlackBerry?s big turnaround | The Next Million | KPMG Enterprise
    06-18-15 02:42 PM
    I agree. If Superfly is right, BlackBerry is not allowed to sell Android phones the same time they are selling devices with an Android fork (Android player). If they stick with BB10 in the foreseeable future - and that was confirmed in the official statement - they will not sell an Android phone labeled as a BlackBerry. More likely BlackBerry and Samsung are making a special enterprise Android phone and sell it to theire enterprise customers, like they did with the Android tablet.
    If you are in the OHA - you cannot *make* phones for or with people who have a fork (which includes the run-time) - however samsung could release a phone with BBRY *apps* on it - in the same way MSFT was release office apps while having an android fork in its nokia android line (I forget the name) which they quickly killed.

Your options are basically:

1) BBRY removes the run-time and that allows them to release an android phone with GAPPS
    2) BBRY keeps the run-time and the android device is AOSP based (so a fork) with no GAPPS
    3) BBRY keeps the run-time and samsung does a deal with them to do a phone with exclusive BB apps
    4) I'm completely wrong, Google allows them to keep the run-time AND they release an android device with GAPPS, I then take a running jump into the canal outside my house and donate a $100 to charity.

My complete guess is actually 2 - which is why it's both low-end and emerging markets because carriers will not sell AOSP phones in established markets.

Actually thinking about it - I missed

5) It's nonsense - this is also a good tip given that low end android doesn't really fit with what Chen is trying to do.
    techvisor likes this.
    06-18-15 02:44 PM
    Thanks CJ I share your point!!!
    You speak like it's fact. Until it's announced by BlackBerry, it's nothing more than rumours.
    Corbu likes this.
    06-18-15 02:47 PM
    And D0uche Bank . . .

And . . .

" SBC Holdings Plc, Barclays Plc, BNP Paribas SA and Goldman Sachs Group Inc have recently signed agreements to settle the case, the Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter. (http://on.wsj.com/1GYC888)

HSBC has agreed to pay $285 million and Barclays $375 million, the Journal said.

Bank of America Corp settled its portion of currency rigging lawsuit in April.

JPMorgan Chase & Co settled for $99.5 million in January and Switzerland's UBS Group AG settled for $135 million in March.

Other defendants include Citigroup Inc, Credit Suisse Group AG, Deutsche Bank AG, Morgan Stanley and Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc."
    This asinine wrist slap can only be summarized by the following:

Someone needs to get real with penalties.
    06-18-15 02:52 PM
    This asinine wrist slap can only be summarized by the following:

Someone needs to get real with penalties.
    BlackBerry needs to delist from the shyster exchange. There is a reason why samsung won't touch the criminal US markets. NSA hard at work bashing and keeping BlackBerry down. Make no mistake US interests want to either steal or shut down technically advanced BlackBerry like they did to the Avro arrow. If you get lucky to meeting the now old guys who worked at the Avro arrow plant they will tell you a part of history that you will never find in a history book.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 02:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    But let's not forget that the main direction of BlackBerry is no longer hardware, so MY hopes are in the other 80% push to software and services, and targeted IoT.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    06-18-15 02:57 PM
    OK so, as I've said before, I do not post much but usually checking in here a few times a day as well as the stocktwits feed. I've purchased BlackBerry shares a couple times before (100% of my portfolio) yet the lowest I was able to get in was $9.89 (if I remember correctly).

Looking at the stock price now looks like a steal, but I'm not sold this time. Last week I put an order in for $9.15 which didn't fill, but would have today if I left it. I strongly believe in BlackBerry as a whole and there are so many moving parts right now especially with the Android rumors continuing.

What do I expect from this ER; software up another 20%+, BIS down 17%, hardware is where I'm struggling. I had hoped and believed that last quarter was when revs bottomed out especially with more carriers and the US on board with devices. They have almost all jumped on board with BES as you guys all already know... just thinking out loud here. So I expect a few announcements Tuesday along with increased hardware sales and revenue (the Android rumors have me questioning device sales which would strongly impact revenue). Not expecting to see huge software traction until next quarter onward.

Then there is the share buyback. This actually has me somewhat negative on the near future stock price. On the surface it seems that this would indicate a blowout or at least a solid beat quarter. I do believe BlackBerry will be profitable, but revenue will dictate the stock price in my opinion. Back to the buyback... Chen is obviously going to want to buy back shares as cheap as possible. We are all aware of the cash hoard BlackBerry has held on to so I'm now not as sure on the whole "this quarter will send the stock price soaring". If that were the case, would BlackBerry really want to buy back shares at a much higher price?

Personally, I believe the stock price is depressed by those controlling the markets and, as Chen said, the company is grossly undervalued. So why am I not jumping in with my entire life savings at this cheap price right now? Answer; I don't know. This ER has me a bit baffled. Also, the Android rumors bring up concerns. There can't be a dual boot and I don't even think BlackBerry will be able to offer BB10 alongside Android unless they completely remove the runtime from BB10 which would devastate the OS.

I don't post much, but thought I'd share some thoughts prior to Tuesday and reasons why I'm still on the sidelines right now when I have the opportunity today to purchase shares much cheaper than ever. Maybe I'll jump in tomorrow or Monday, but for some reason my gut is telling me to hold back.

Not too long ago when the stock went above $10 I thought that would be the last of any $9s, but now I'm contemplating getting in at low $9s/high $8s. This ER has me very conflicted... every other time I've purchased at just below 10, I've been extremely confident and comfortable. Planned on keeping the last batch for the long term, but after being underwater for a month I jumped out with a little profit. You'd think I'd be jumping in now, but I'm not. Just my take on a few things. Thought I'd contribute a bit this time around during the infamous quiet period bash fest lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 03:00 PM
    At my local Irish Pub.. finally realizing how the Android story will unfold. It'll be the JC way imho opinion. 2 sliders made by Samsung, one running Android, possibly with BlackBerry experience, with Samsung logo and royalties paid to BlackBerry ; one running BB10, BlackBerry logo, similar to the Foxconn agreement with revenue running mainly through BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 03:00 PM
    ...I strongly believe in BlackBerry as a whole and there are so many moving parts right now especially with the Android rumors continuing.

What do I expect from this ER; software up another 20%+, BIS down 17%, hardware is where I'm struggling...
    You have good insight, and I for one welcome you into the thread.
    The way I see it, I think you are right to assume that hardware will be on a downtick, but I think only temporarily. I believe that this is very evident if the 'Droid-Berry' rumors end up true.

What we need to focus on is that BlackBerry eventually wants bb10 to be the go-to device, to meet full compliance, so if we need a trip down Android lane to get that traction, then so-be-it.

Thanks again for your good comments here.
    Oh yeah, always go with your gut!
    RLTurn77 and Mr BBRY like this.
    06-18-15 03:08 PM
    At my local Irish Pub.. finally realizing how the Android story will unfold. It'll be the JC way imho opinion. 2 sliders made by Samsung, one running Android, possibly with BlackBerry experience, with Samsung logo and royalties paid to BlackBerry ; one running BB10, BlackBerry logo, similar to the Foxconn agreement with revenue running mainly through BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I am on record here as thinking the same so I'll +1 the thought.

But then I start thinking of Chen's (paraphrased from my 56 year old memory so it's not perfect)"This summer I will come out with software that hopefully will make you want to use one phone" - OK that jibes with the Sammy idea. However the last time he said that he added "...and that phone will be a BlackBerry".

And so I'm really not sure at all what any of it means. Let's hope clarity comes at the meeting. That would be cool.
    _dimi_, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    06-18-15 03:16 PM
    As for making tons of money, how? LG has been in the game for 4 years now and only making 1.5% operating profit. Factor in taxes and back to a loss. BlackBerry doesn't have the economy of scale to make tons of money on Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    But what does LG offer that differentiates them from the sea of other android OEMs? They're a run of the mill slab producer. BlackBerry has a pkb, productivity suite of apps, security etc. Not saying this guarantees success, but at least BB has some value to add and differentiate from the rest of the android pack.

Posted via CB10
    zyben likes this.
    06-18-15 03:22 PM
    Sry if posted already, I'm in a rush.
    Theres MOBLStanley missing in the middle but I'm sure Corbu already gave you the news

• RBC's Mark Sue, reiterating a Sector Perform and $11 target ahead of BlackBerry's (BBRY -2%) June 23 FQ1 report: "We're Street-low on revenue considering Classic/Passport sales aren't great, [service fee] declines are continuing (estimate -49% YoY) and software contribution is too small to offset." He forecasts FQ1 sales of $487M, well below a $690.4M consensus.
    • Sue expects only 700K phone sales, down 46% Q/Q and 56% Y/Y. Software revenue is expected to total just $70M, before rising to $100M in FQ2 and $145M in FQ3 with the help of BES EZ Pass program conversions.
    • Scotiabank's Daniel Chan (Sector Perform, $12.50 target) is a little more positive, arguing long-term investors should "take a look" and that BES12 adoption will provide a lift. "Once ... organizations adopt BES12, we believe BB10 hardware sales will follow. These enterprise device sales will likely have a much fatter tail." Software sales are expected to accelerate in FQ2 after "[picking] up slightly" in FQ1.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    06-18-15 03:30 PM
113,250 ... 34143415341634173418 ...