View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    For you viewing pleasure, on SF Channel, there's MOBL, the "crusher".
    (just bc I used it here : BlackBerry: Ask Yourself 2 Questions - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    rarsen likes this.
    06-16-15 02:15 PM
    OT:
    MOBL

This might explain today's surge...
    Apple Taps MobileIron To Help It Deploy iPad Apps Into The Enterprise | TechCrunch

Apple is working with mobile device management shop MobileIron to help deploy applications into the enterprise. The collaborative effort is part of a larger enterprise push by Apple that has it working with IBM and a number of other firms that sell products into the enterprise.

The IBM deal has led to the release of 25 IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps focused on supporting customers in several sectors. This past April, Apple expanded the partnership by allowing IBM greater integration of the HealthKit and ResearchKit data into Watson-based apps for customers in the medical field. IBM hopes to deliver nearly 100 enterprise-friendly iOS apps by the end of the year.

In its recent earnings call this April, Apple said that it is “working closely with more than two dozen other leading business software and solution providers including Box, Docusign, Microstrategy, Revel, and ServiceMax to bring a broad range of innovative mobile solutions to more customers on iPad.”

The company’s mobile enterprise push is evident across its developments for iPad — the addition of split-screen work in iOS 9 and potentially larger tablets both indicate that Apple wants iPad to fit better into enterprise environments. It’s also worth noting that Apple said that the iPad has “consistently been the number one tablet in the enterprise.”

However, overall iPad sales for Apple have been lackluster in recent quarters. Presuming some form of consumer saturation, it makes business sense that Apple would seek to expand its sales in other areas.

The company’s work with MobileIron, along with Box, DocuSign and Xero, is part of that effort. I spoke with the CEO of MobileIron, Bob Tinker, who said that his company is building a product called OneTouch to help large companies deploy apps onto their mobile devices. That dovetails with Apple’s work with other enterprise-facing firms. Even if they build compelling applications, without deployment and management tools, those apps might face limited deployment.

According to Tinker, Apple is sending partners to his firm to help them get their apps deployed. Unsurprisingly, Tinker said that his firm is “excited to be working with Apple.” Given the sheer scale of Apple, it’s easy to believe that statement.

Separately, TechCrunch has learned that the enterprise app push will involve “packages” of applications bundled together.

Details of the undertaking are scarce. Apple did not respond to several emails on the matter. I’ve heard conflicting things on whether or not the effort even has a formal name, for example.

MobileIron went public last year at $9 per share. The company’s shares initially rallied, but took a sharp hit after the firm missed investor expectations following its most recent earnings report. MobileIron competes with Good Technology and others in its space.
    06-16-15 02:59 PM
    Yep. That's what I suggested in my earlier post.

(Android+BBskin = consumers;
    Android+bbskin+bes= most enterprises;
    BB10(no android)+bes = some enterprise, some gov department;
    BB10(no android)+bes+secuVoice = sensitive govt departments like NATO, cia, world leaders and sensitive enterprises)

Posted via CB10
    in particular about the "Android+bbskin+bes= most enterprises" its actually "Android + BB Experience Suite + KNOX2.0+ BES license = enterprise (having BES12 license.

06-16-15 06:11 PM
    Funny, MobileIron was the very first MDM solution for iOS ... heavily featured on Apple's site for the past few years of use for iPad/iPhone so this in no way surprises me.

Apple has a surge, I don't see the same with TSE: BB.
    06-16-15 06:14 PM
    Excellent!!

Operation Smile.

Posted via CB10
    Great charity

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 09:13 PM
    Funny, MobileIron was the very first MDM solution for iOS ... heavily featured on Apple's site for the past few years of use for iPad/iPhone so this in no way surprises me.

Apple has a surge, I don't see the same with TSE: BB.
    And what did MOBL get out of the deal? Currently MOBL sits shipwrecked.
    When Apple is finished with chewing them up this time around, the stock will be at $3.
    06-17-15 01:47 AM
    OT:
    MOBL

Follow-up on the story posted earlier. From our friend.

MORGAN STANLEY & CO. LLC
    James E Faucette

June 17, 2015

MobileIron

MobileIron’s Relationship with Apple Gets Another Mention

Industry View: Cautious
    Stock Rating: Equal-weight

A news report on Tues highlighted that Apple was working with MOBL as they continue to make inroads into the enterprise. This relationship (mentioned previously on MOBL’s Q1 earnings call) acts as a vote of confidence on the product. However, until there is more clarity, it is not thesis changing.

Another Apple relationship callout. MobileIron reported on their Q1 earnings call that were one of the two dozen business software and solution providers working with Apple as they make a push into the enterprise. Since MobileIron was not one of the named vendors Apple noted working with to bring mobile solutions to enterprise customers, there was confusion as to what this relationship entailed. A news report Tues (by the technology news outlet TechCrunch) again noted reference to Apple working with MobileIron, with MOBL CEO Bob Tinker being referenced as telling TechCrunch that Apple is sending partners to his firm to help them get their apps deployed.

Apple reference speaks to product strength, but need more questions answered to know scale of opportunity. The article noted that Apple’s enterprise product would likely involve “packages” of applications bundled together. If Apple were to refer MobileIron as a solution that could secure these app packages, that could be a positive for MobileIron; however, the article did not detail in what context the companies would work together and Apple did not respond to the news outlet's requests for comment. While any Apple reference speaks in general to quality of the product, we would want answers to the following questions before getting more positive on or sizing the opportunity: Are there other vendors that they are recommending? Is MobileIron on an Apple price list? Will MobileIron be included in the “packages” of applications Apple is reported to be putting together?

Following last week’s Analyst Day, view on product quality remains strong, execution still major area of concern. As mentioned in our note from last week, MobileIron’s product portfolio appears strong. They reported that they are winning in 2/3rd of competitive bids and just completed an deployment of 300K+ devices, attesting to the quality and scalability of their product. Execution remains our primary concern, with the recent departure of their CFO and head of sales creating further disruption as the company tries to recover investor sentiment after their Q1 miss. We believe gaining channel visibility remains one of the most critical steps to improving predictability of results and regaining investor confidence.

Reiterate EW and $7 price target. The recent miss, management turnover, poor channel visibility and our proprietary research showing decreased customer focus on mobile security and increased price sensitivity lead us to suspect more bumps ahead. In turn, that could limit valuation to ~2.5x EV/16e rev for the foreseeable future. We think MOBL has the best mobile productivity solution in the market, something the Apple relationship helps validate, but the lack of distribution control and the competitive environment makes fully exploiting that opportunity difficult. We see the Apple mention as a positive, however, without any additional context, do not change our outlook on the company.
    06-17-15 05:11 AM
    A week ahead, let's see how how/if it changes just before/after the E.R ?
    BBRY Analyst Estimates & Rating ? BlackBerry Ltd. - Wall Street Journal

Quarter

Annual
    06-17-15 06:41 AM
    Raymond James gives a price bump:http://www.wkrb13.com/markets/637028...analysts-bbry/

Classically Posted.
    06-17-15 07:05 AM
    Raymond James gives a price bump:http://www.wkrb13.com/markets/637028...analysts-bbry/

Classically Posted.
    These analyst upgrades right before ER are to limit upwards movement, share price has been pushed down to limit any rally to the same price before it began being pushed down. This stock will not stop being manipulated, and the company won't do anything about it.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 07:46 AM
    OT: Is anyone looking at AAVL after its huge drop following the release of their Phase IIA data? It went down 56% yesterday, and I'm wondering if the market is overreacting. We've seen these overreactions many times before with BBRY and some other popular biotech stocks in this thread including our favorite eye disease treatment company, PSDV (which is looking very attractive below the $4 mark if I do say so myself). I believe someone in this thread mentioned this name in the past and I hope they didn't get hurt too bad yesterday. Thoughts / Morgan?
    06-17-15 07:54 AM
    https://n4bb.com/blackberry-venice-s...-release-date/

"BlackBerry shocked the world when the company revealed the first BlackBerry 10 Slider at Mobile World Congress 2015. Nothing more than a quick glimpse of the device was revealed.

The Slider is codenamed �Venice� and*while some of the rumored specs floating around the internet were close, they were not accurate.

Here�s the BlackBerry �Venice� Slider specs:

5.4-inch Quad-HD display
    18 MP rear-camera
    5 MP front-camera
    1.8 GHz Hexa-core (Snapdragon 808 chipset) 64-bit
    3 GB RAM
    What is probably the most astounding part of these confirmed specs is the chipset. An octa-core BlackBerry was heavily rumored to be used by 2015, and more recently in the Slider. Despite it, BlackBerry 10 (or, perhaps, Android?) will still be as snappy as ever.

We�re hearing the*BlackBerry �Venice� Slider is expected to release by November 2015."

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    06-17-15 08:08 AM
    Ot: we all love MS!!!

Banks' forex lawsuit settlements near $2 bln-WSJ (Thomson Reuters)

June 17 (Reuters) - The total amount paid by banks to settle a civil lawsuit related to allegations that traders manipulated the currency market has reached almost $2 billion following a recent round of settlement agreements, the Wall Street Journal reported.

HSBC Holdings Plc, Barclays Plc, BNP Paribas SA and Goldman Sachs Group Inc have recently signed agreements to settle the case, the Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter. (http://on.wsj.com/1GYC888)

HSBC has agreed to pay $285 million and Barclays $375 million, the Journal said.

Bank of America Corp settled its portion of currency rigging lawsuit in April.

JPMorgan Chase & Co settled for $99.5 million in January and Switzerland's UBS Group AG settled for $135 million in March.

Other defendants include Citigroup Inc, Credit Suisse Group AG, Deutsche Bank AG, Morgan Stanley and Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc.

Investors including the city of Philadelphia, hedge funds and public pension funds accused the 12 banks of having conspired since January 2003 in chat rooms, instant messages and emails to manipulate the WM/Reuters Closing Spot Rates.

According to the lawsuit, the banks held an 84 percent global market share in currency trading, and were counterparties in 98 percent of U.S. spot volume.

HSBC, Barclays, BNP Paribas and Goldman Sachs could not be immediately reached for comment. (Reporting by Neha Dimri in Bengaluru; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
    06-17-15 08:29 AM
    06-17-15 09:20 AM
    06-17-15 10:03 AM
    Well, one things for certain, BB10 isn't going anywhere for the time being (with 10.3.3 being announced n'all)

I can't wait for next week. Get ready, fellas.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Corbu, georg4BB and 7 others like this.
    06-17-15 10:14 AM
    06-17-15 10:17 AM
    Well, one things for certain, BB10 isn't going anywhere for the time being (with 10.3.3 being announced n'all)

I can't wait for next week. Get ready, fellas.

Posted via CB10
    10.3.3?

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    06-17-15 10:25 AM
    10.3.3?

Posted via CB10
    Last sentence in Eric Lai's post:

"We�re already working on the follow-up update, BlackBerry 10.3.3 and will keep you posted over the coming months."

Posted via CB10
    zyben likes this.
    06-17-15 10:28 AM
    10.3.3?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10.3.2 Roll Out Begins in USA; OS 10.3.3 Announced
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    06-17-15 10:29 AM
    OT:
    MSFT

Former Nokia CEO Elop Leaving Microsoft - WSJ

Former Nokia CEO Elop Leaving Microsoft
    Elop had run Microsoft’s hardware devices business; Windows exec Myerson to step in
    06-17-15 10:37 AM
    OT but security related - Apple (sorry if already posted)

Apple CORED: Boffins reveal password-killer 0days for iOS and OS X

And a German newspaper on the same story:
    Forscher finden massive Schwachstellen in Apple-Software
    06-17-15 11:47 AM
    Article comparing BlackBerry and Bombardier

While BlackBerry may be struggling to win sales, it has some strong competitive advantages, as well as some prized assets.

To start with, BlackBerry is the undisputed leader in mobile security, which is of ever-increasing importance. The company�s BBM messaging service has over 90 million active users as of last fall. Its QNX operating system is well positioned in the lucrative Internet of Things market. And let�s not forget about its 44,000 patents.

Combined, these assets are likely worth much more than BlackBerry�s stock price. But here�s the catch: BlackBerry is unable to take full advantage, mainly because it has such a bad brand. The good news is that BlackBerry�s assets and capabilities would be extremely valuable in another company�s hands.
    Why BlackBerry Ltd is a better turnaround stock than Bombardier Inc right now | Financial Post
    06-17-15 12:42 PM
    http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/17/tech...ack/index.html

Why a BlackBerry partnership starts to make sense... question though .. does this affect BlackBerry swipe keyboard? I recall it was developed by swiftkey.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 02:08 PM
    Security is a nightmare across devices. Samsung has its own security flaws which exploit the Galaxy and turn them into bugging devices (something related to the implementation of a its keyboard). It could be a great solution for Blackberry to step into...
    zyben likes this.
    06-17-15 02:59 PM
113,250 ... 34123413341434153416 ...