View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Consider it done! One day...
    Let me give you a hint of the beer, I would like!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-heineken-peitos.jpg
    Last edited by bbjdog; 06-13-15 at 08:06 PM.
    06-13-15 07:36 PM
    Let me give you a hint of the beer I would like!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heineken-peitos.jpg 
Views:	1497 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	357446

How many beers are there? I think I might be seeing double.. if not triple!
    zyben and Mr BBRY like this.
    06-13-15 07:39 PM
    That just quenched my thirst! Should have asked for 24 bottles and my choice of beer. How stupid do I feel now! Lol
    Don't do what I do.... and blame the stupidity on being drunk...

..... people now think I have an issue and need to get help.....

Which doesn't bother me (I think) lol

But there are only so many supportive group hugs a man can take from his 400lb neighbour on a humid day!!
    (facepalm)

Anyhoo.... do we all know what time it is?

It's Beer-o'Clock time!!

(actually, I just have scotch whisky..... liquor is quicker!!!)
    06-13-15 07:41 PM
    Knock it off gang! My wife is looking at me weird, because I'm laughing at my Blackberry passport. She might be planning a straitjacket party for me!
    06-13-15 08:05 PM
    B2B, I believe they are right! Here is a video of you at the beach.

And if you don't change this video shows what may happen.

Just joking B2B, I might have done everything on the latest video.
    06-13-15 08:26 PM

How many beers are there? I think I might be seeing double.. if not triple!
    LMAO! I would guess two. Am I right? Corbu, have another beer and you might see better.

People are going to think this thread needs a AA intervention. Lol
    Corbu and zyben like this.
    06-13-15 08:37 PM
    LMAO! I would guess two. Am I right? Corbu, have another beer and you might see better.

People are going to think this thread needs a AA intervention. Lol
    I'd say it needs a DD intervention!
    06-13-15 08:40 PM
    Got little Sip of sunshine reserved at my local beer store. Picking it up tomorrow.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/17980/117177/

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sip-sunshine.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 08:50 PM
    I'd say it needs a DD intervention!
    I want my mommy, from just for laughs.

I will send the DD intervention just for you, wait by the door.

and here is what my life has been.

Corbu and zyben like this.
    06-13-15 08:53 PM
    B2B, I believe they are right! Here is a video of you at the beach.

And if you don't change this video shows what may happen.

Just joking B2B, I might have done everything on the latest video.
    LOL !!!

Actually.... a combination of the two videos..... (:$)

Drunken man on the beach.... with a t-back speedo!

You know, the gstring leopard print nut huggers!!

LOL

I kid!

Oh lordy.... the Glenlivet is doing the talking now!
    zyben likes this.
    06-13-15 09:34 PM
    LOL !!!

Actually.... a combination of the two videos..... (:$)

Drunken man on the beach.... with a t-back speedo!

You know, the gstring leopard print nut huggers!!

LOL

I kid!

Oh lordy.... the Glenlivet is doing the talking now!
    No, I'm not to familiar with the gstring leopard print nut huggers.
    Is it one of the two shown below????? LOL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-man281569452165_1.jpg

or

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-womanmu9suklyppp4pzi1dsdy8ww.jpg

Good night Gang!!!!!

Edit: the first picture the guy looks like fifty shades of pink.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 06-13-15 at 10:59 PM.
    zyben likes this.
    06-13-15 10:16 PM
    Knock it off gang! My wife is looking at me weird, because I'm laughing at my Blackberry passport. She might be planning a straitjacket party for me!
    ... That's just happening to you now!?

Rookie!

And a little OT weekend shot of Vancouver's coal harbour from 40 stories in the air, courtesy of my brutal crappy Z30:

Attachment 357463

Attachment 357464
    Panorama! Sorry, have to click it into your viewer to see it.
    zyben likes this.
    06-13-15 11:41 PM
    Can no see....but I'm certain it's spectacular.

Classically Posted.
    zyben likes this.
    06-14-15 07:41 AM
    ... That's just happening to you now!?

Rookie!

And a little OT weekend shot of Vancouver's coal harbour from 40 stories in the air, courtesy of my brutal crappy Z30:

Attachment 357463

Attachment 357464
    Panorama! Sorry, have to click it into your viewer to see it.
    Your right! Still a little wet behind the ears, just like that beer. Lol
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    06-14-15 08:04 AM
    Whether it is :

Android OS on a BlackBerry

Or

BlackBerry OS (apps/experience suite) on Android

This sounds like it will definitely have a quick and positive impact on the SP.

Based on what they had announced before, re: BlackBerry Experience Suite for other platforms....will this include the "swiping"???

The swiping is what makes the BB10 OS so fast, a multitasking king, and makes the whole user experience waaaaaay more engaging when using the phone.
    I've been quite confused about a blackberry running android (unless it has the "blackberry experience"). This rumor sounds like a change in strategy and creates concern. I do like your idea of selling the software experience to other platforms... huge scale, profit and brand awareness potential.

As a shareholder, having a dual brand strategy seems to make sense to me if they did take the android path. I feel being differentiated is critical to their long term success, even as they evidently try to control cash & expenses.

As an aside, I'm unfortunately on day 3 of using android OS (due to a new employer's policy). I will conceed I have a learning curve to overcome. However, it seems significantly less efficient and more difficult/complex then bb10. I miss my bb!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-14-15 08:15 AM
    There is no risk in doing android.

The rewards can be great.

Right now Samsung pretty much is a monopoly within android hardware OEMs. BlackBerry could make it a true duopoly with proper branding.

Numbers:
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/android...-says-gartner/

Posted via CB10
    zyben and kadakn01 like this.
    06-14-15 10:04 AM
    Some very valid points here (from the folks at BB10QNX.DE):

Open letter to BlackBerry CEO John Chen

English version:
    https://bb10qnx.de/2015/06/open-lett...ceo-john-chen/

Original German version:
    https://bb10qnx.de/2015/06/offener-b...ceo-john-chen/
    06-14-15 10:20 AM

English version:

Original German version:
    Good post but had a hard time understanding English translation
    Corbu likes this.
    06-14-15 11:20 AM

English version:

Original German version:
    Why didn't they just tell them what they really felt? LoL
    Corbu, zyben and rarsen like this.
    06-14-15 11:27 AM
    It seems that 6 people contributed in writing this letter.. which would make sense.. since it's just not a good open letter. And that's just me being diplomatic

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 12:42 PM
    I've been quite confused about a blackberry running android (unless it has the "blackberry experience"). This rumor sounds like a change in strategy and creates concern. I do like your idea of selling the software experience to other platforms... huge scale, profit and brand awareness potential.

As a shareholder, having a dual brand strategy seems to make sense to me if they did take the android path. I feel being differentiated is critical to their long term success, even as they evidently try to control cash & expenses.

As an aside, I'm unfortunately on day 3 of using android OS (due to a new employer's policy). I will conceed I have a learning curve to overcome. However, it seems significantly less efficient and more difficult/complex then bb10. I miss my bb!

Hi b121,

I'm sorry to hear about your venture with the employer mandated Android device.... Hope it gets better for you.

With respect to "change in strategy causing a concern".... well, the rumor has been floating around for quite some time now and I think because the current strategy hasn't flourished as we all have wanted, (less than 1% market share I believe), it seems as this option/rumour may become an option now as it may prove to be better received in the market. And...as we all know and heard from JC, he has always stated the need "increase shareholder value".

Depending on how it is implemented, it sounds like it could be very beneficial to the share holders (despite the association of Android)...
    06-14-15 04:24 PM
    Internet of Things a playground for hackers - The Globe and Mail

When it comes to the security of the Internet of Things, technology companies are thinking about it all wrong.

“Privacy is not the main problem,” Ted Harrington, executive partner with Baltimore-based Independent Security Evaluators (ISE), told a room of IT professionals at the annual SC Congress digital security conference in Toronto last week.

“Why would I care about my connected light bulb getting hacked? At worst, someone gets information about how often I turn on or off my lights. Maybe an adversary could even annoy me by turning off my lights. How bad is that?” Mr. Harrington asks.

But think of that “smart” light bulb as a chink in the armour of digital security. Mr. Harrington’s research has found that makers of connected devices have failed to design strong protections against attackers: He’s seen everything from unchangeable hard-coded passwords to unencrypted data connections. And there is a growing number of connected devices showing up in homes, cars, businesses and on our bodies.

“All these connected devices are connected to each other: So you compromise that light bulb as a pivot point … you pivot into the network the light bulb is a part of, and now you get the assets that are contained therein,” Mr. Harrington says.

Those assets could include banking information, identity credentials or control of a system for use in a criminal botnet. He has stark advice for any potential buyer of a smart fridge or thermostat: “Connected devices enable attackers. That stuff’s not safe right now. ”

In 2014, Hewlett-Packard Co. released a research report that concluded 70 per cent of “Internet of Things” connected devices were vulnerable to hacks, either through weak passwords or unencrypted connections. Mr. Harrington’s team, which has cracked a few “unhackable” systems in the past (immobilizing relays on cars, the iPhone), decided to test the 13 most popular home routers on the market. In any connected home, the router is the central hub that provides wireless data, and ISE thought they’d be able to break into maybe 30 per cent of the top-rated, top-selling routers on Amazon or Best Buy. They broke into 100 per cent of them.

“In 2010, the number of ‘things’ surpassed the number of people connected to the Internet. That curve now is exponential,” says David Kleidermacher, chief security officer for Waterloo, Ont.-based BlackBerry Inc.

“If we think we have trouble securing a billion mobile devices, imagine when we have hundreds of billions and ultimately trillions of things connected to the Internet. It doesn’t take a lot of convincing for people to realize that we do face a very big challenge.”

For Mr. Harrington and Mr. Kleidermacher, the key weakness of most tech companies and their Internet of Things (IoT) customers is a failure to create a “threat model” and test security against that. “If they don’t know what they are trying to defend, and who they are trying to defend it against,” says Mr. Harrington, “any security measure and no security measure applies.”

One of his bugbears is the current standard for security research, so-called black box tests: Take a device, with no prior knowledge of its function, and try to break into it. As Mr. Harrington says, that’s not actually how most hacks happen. He prefers “white box” hacks, where testers have plans and know-how about how a system works, and then see if they can compromise it. It’s an alien concept to many hardware and software makers.

“Whether it’s IoT or not, the way that adversaries look at all systems is what’s known as a stepping-stone attack. You attack the weakest device , and an IoT device usually has weak or no authentication with other devices on that same network.”

That’s how a hacked router can direct a connected computer to download malicious code that infects what’s supposed to be a closed, safe system. And there’s no anti-virus for routers.

Mr. Kleidermacher shares Mr. Harrington’s distrust of traditional security research practices, and BlackBerry’s security business hopes not only to help customers find vulnerabilities, but also build systems to be more secure.

BlackBerry has its own secure IoT offerings, focusing first on connected cars, shipping and smart meters, but it wants to help secure every “thing” on the Internet. In April, it unveiled the Center for High Assurance Computing Excellence (CHACE), which BlackBerry hopes can help create a common standard and certification system for Internet of Things security.

“How does the independent stakeholder know that [a new IoT system] is secure? How can they have confidence that a vendor … can come to them with some solution? There is no such standard; that’s something BlackBerry is hoping to solve,” says Mr. Kleidermacher.

Mr. Harrington’s company was born out of the computer science PhD program at Johns Hopkins University, and he agrees there is a critical need for accountability.

“Health care is really messed up from a security perspective,” Mr. Harrington says. “ People who make medical devices have to get [U.S. Food and Drug Administration] approval, but no part of the FDA approval process is working with an organization like ours [that] understands how to make them more secure.”
    06-14-15 05:59 PM
    Canadian connected car roadshow in Silicon Valley with drunk diver stopper, QNX, LTE, wireless charging & more

--QNX Software Systems award winning CAR2 operating system platform;serves as the basis for the entire in-cabin experience, including the digital instrument cluster and primary console touchscreen as well as the initial, primary effort to seamlessly stitch these technologies together.--

auto connected car news | Canadian connected car roadshow in Silicon Valley with drunk diver stopper, QNX, LTE, wireless charging & more
    06-14-15 06:01 PM
    Hi b121,

I'm sorry to hear about your venture with the employer mandated Android device.... Hope it gets better for you.

With respect to "change in strategy causing a concern".... well, the rumor has been floating around for quite some time now and I think because the current strategy hasn't flourished as we all have wanted, (less than 1% market share I believe), it seems as this option/rumour may become an option now as it may prove to be better received in the market. And...as we all know and heard from JC, he has always stated the need "increase shareholder value".

Depending on how it is implemented, it sounds like it could be very beneficial to the share holders (despite the association of Android)...
    Thanks! Anxiously awaiting the earnings announcement to see what is disclosed.

06-14-15 09:02 PM
    Corbu, mark this day on your calendar. The Globe and Mail published an article that said a nice think about Blackberry. Lol
    Corbu, zyben, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    06-14-15 09:28 PM
113,256 ... 34083409341034113412 ...