Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This one is real.

Posted via CB10
    That's it? That's all you are going to say? We need to hear your thoughts on this news, it's beyond me to make the argument that BlackBerry could see volume revenue increases and some kind of a partnership with a major from this. You need to help me understand this one Superfly!
    06-11-15 07:38 PM
    Just got this text, maybe news Morgan was looking for!

Alert: News Headline for BBRY: EXCLUSIVE-BlackBerry may put Android system on new device - sources

Alert: News Headline for BBRY: BLACKBERRY LIKELY TO INCLUDE SOME BLACKBERRY 10 FEATURES ON NEW ANDROID DEVICE -

Alert: News Headline for BBRY: BLACKBERRY COULD USE ANDROID SYSTEM ON ITS UPCOMING SLIDER DEVICE -
    " . . . The sources, who asked not to be named as they have not been authorized to discuss the matter publicly . . . "

Less than 2 weeks from ER? Deja vu?
    06-11-15 07:40 PM
    Hi Morgan,

So sorry to hear about your father... it's always nice to have an opportunity to share special moments with our parents while they are still around. I have an uncle in-law who was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer at age 75 and the scans showed that is had spread throughout his entire torso and chest cavity... stage 4. He was given 6 months max and admitted to palliative care where he had to deal with a lot of issues with medication giving him nausea and seizures. He finally refused to take the meds and actually began stabilizing to the point where he was released from the hospice 6 months later! He is still alive today after 2 years and doing fine with no pain... just dealing with old age. So you never know... hmmm... maybe he might be a candidate for HALO's PEG20?

I did send you a PM but not sure if you check your inbox on this site. It's nice hearing that you know Alberta well! I'm in Calgary so do let me know if you're ever in the neighbourhood for a ski trip! My wife and I use a ski in ski out cabin at Kicking Horse that went to waste this year due to my illness in Feb.

Now back to BBRY... I've all of my holdings on the TSX in CAD$ and I'm looking to spread it out and purchase a small block in US$ but the exchange rate doesn't appear to help a this time. RSI close to 30 is sure tempting! Also wondering why this company seems to be losing their execs like Lalvani on a regular basis...one would think that they'd be able to see the potential of Blackberry and the turnaround ahead?
    WOW, PC at 75 is a death sentence for just about everyone out there. My Dad has been castrated by the drugs he has taken, but that is the price you pay if you want to live longer, and so far, with cancer all through his body, he still complains about his old ski injury. Sorry about the PM, I just can't answer those messages right now, my life is regimented in a big way for now, I have a limited amount of time and energy to apply to so many things that our family wants to do with me. As I mentioned earlier, this is the only thread that I'm responding to for now.

I have friends and relatives in Calgary, some in Blairmore, Fernie, Crows Nest Pass and my sister East of Edmonton. They remind me of how well they have it out there and try to convince me to get the heck out of Ontario! My wife won't leave her family behind so I stay here.

I don't understand why some execs leave after sticking it out with Chen this long either. After two years of watching Chen steer the company, you would think they might see his vision and embrace it too. Perhaps there is more to the story then we are let in on?
    zyben, rarsen, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    06-11-15 07:53 PM
    I see BBRY hit its downtrend line today and headed South from there. I felt it could go to $ 8.80/shr this time around giving us an RSI=30 so today really wasn't that bad. We are at RSI=32 now so hopefully we will sell off on light volume and pop by the end of the day and go green setting us up for taking out the 3-ema.

I'm away today at the lake and while sitting dock drinking a beer, my Passport goes off and I check it for a message, the message was my BlackBerry Blend Beta updating with my PC in my office at home! That's crazy, I was actually on T-Mobile at the time and my phone synced with my PC via data. BlackBerry needs to get this kind of service out there. My wife at home can see an update of my phone activity while I'm out on the lake using a foreign data service. Does everyone else know about this?

As for my father's cancer, I spoke with another Doctor who said Dad is so old getting to Stage Four that he will die of natural causes now. My Dad is a surgeon so he is up on all of this but he never thought of it that way. His twin brother died of colon cancer so he thought he would go quickly too. We rushed that trip because he had so little time to live, who's laughing now, not me it cost me a bundle! LOL The lake is so high now, I was nervous at first but my boat handled the movement of the water no problem. Not many others out there today, I really enjoyed it.

We have traveled all over Canada but it might surprise you that my personal favourite location is just about anywhere in Newfoundland. There is just something about traveling that Province, the people are so friendly, the food is great and you see so much it is easy to drive off a cliff. My fav location there was Bay De Verde, Bay de Verde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , there you can drive to the top of a hill, turn off your engine and sit there and listen to the whole village talk. You can hear someone step out of their house, talk to the their neighbour and then heard some fishermen arrive at the dock and talk about their catch of the day. Every single home, no matter how small and basic it is, can see whales and icebergs from their living room windows. I would go back there in a heartbeat.
    WOW, Bay_de_Verde sounds really good. I agree Newfoundland is an amazing place. When I did the east run, Newfoundland was the only place I didn't get to drive through. That's a lie I also didn't have time to go around Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.

About Blackberry Blend, it's not that great because Blackberry made it.
    If Apple had done it, then I would praise how great the program is.

Your Father sounds like a fighter and I believe he has a big surprise for you and the doctors. Only God knows when and how we will die.

Cheers!

Go Canada Go!
    06-11-15 07:58 PM

Alert: News Headline for BBRY: EXCLUSIVE-BlackBerry may put Android system on new device - sources

Alert: News Headline for BBRY: BLACKBERRY LIKELY TO INCLUDE SOME BLACKBERRY 10 FEATURES ON NEW ANDROID DEVICE -

Alert: News Headline for BBRY: BLACKBERRY COULD USE ANDROID SYSTEM ON ITS UPCOMING SLIDER DEVICE -
    Well I WAS going to buy the slider. Guess now I'll have to wait and see what OS is on it.

Depressing.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 08:01 PM
    This one is real.

Posted via CB10
    That's it? That's all you are going to say? We need to hear your thoughts on this news, it's beyond me to make the argument that BlackBerry could see volume revenue increases and some kind of a partnership with a major from this. You need to help me understand this one Superfly!
    " . . . The sources, who asked not to be named as they have not been authorized to discuss the matter publicly . . . "

I agree - this is real. I am expecting to see BB Slider to be launched launched with Android OS with BlackBerry Experience skin on it.

BB 10 is most likely going to be sold directly to customers that want it/need it. Eg: NATO purchases, enterprises that want it etc. But for the most part, BB is going to use Android as their base OS with BB Experience Skin on it and sell it to masses as well as companies to secure with BES or other MDMs.

I expect Slider to be the first device with this OS. So, end of year time frame is what we are looking at.

Source: yes, un-named but credible sources. Of course, whether or not you consider me credible is upto you.

Overall - I think this is not bad news as such. Android with BlackBerry skin will solve all app problems and allow BB to sell to masses. Lack of apps is #1 reason for low device sales. I think that will change by year end.
    iamagod, kadakn01, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    06-11-15 08:57 PM
    Well I WAS going to buy the slider. Guess now I'll have to wait and see what OS is on it.

Depressing.

Posted via CB10
    Just because some unnamed sources say so on the internet doesn't make it true! Lenovo, Samsung, etc. . . .

“We don’t comment on rumors and speculation, but we remain committed to the BlackBerry 10 operating system, which provides security and productivity benefits that are unmatched,” said the company in an email.
    06-11-15 08:59 PM

I think this is Blackberry releasing news during quiet period unofficially as the SP is dwindling...which they expect to happen. Maybe they want this SP to be the bottom here and need to prop it up until the ER and security event.

So I'd say they will confirm this stuff on June 26.

Blackberry puts the hub on Android for the blackberry slider - made by Samsung - and puts the hub on galaxy line phones for a few bucks a device. Hub differentiates vs the standard android OS and increase Samsung sales while providing 50-100m Rev per Q to BlackBerry.

I still say the Slider is dual OS though

I also say BlackBerry will detail how they are securing the boot loader for Android to make it a worthy secure device...moreso than iOS. They are doing this for Boeing and they will likely have a contract that allows them to do it for Samsung. So secure Android plus hub makes the Samsung consumer phone the go to choice. Of course bbm pre-installed on all of these phones too...

Time to buy more.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 09:08 PM
    Thanks for the laugh gang! Blackberry as a skin and Android OS. Why would I ever buy a Blackberry phone running Android, when I know it is not secure?????????

I am also leaning towards dual OS as stated above^^^^
    Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    06-11-15 10:06 PM

The plot thickens !!!

Well, kinda.

Text #1: QNX hypervisor perhaps?

Text #2: JC has already mentioned making BB features (like the hub, etc) available for other platforms. They did mention in the last ER about turning some of their focus now to App creation.

Text #3: been rumoured for some time now....maybe with the Hypervisor feature more of a reality now?

Either way you cut it, more exciting times !!!

Looking forward to the next ER !!!
    06-11-15 11:33 PM
    Thanks for the laugh gang! Blackberry as a skin and Android OS. Why would I ever buy a Blackberry phone running Android, when I know it is not secure?????????

I am also leaning towards dual OS as stated above^^^^
    Well. There aren't that many of us that buy BlackBerry for BlackBerry 10. There aren't enough of us for BlackBerry to be profitable.

So, I don't blame them for going to an OS that is already accepted in the market and sells like hell!

I just hope I am able to somehow get their BlackBerry 10 devices that they'll probably only manufacture on order.

But overall if BB-skinned Android helps BlackBerry push more devices with good margin, it's good for us as shareholders.

Maybe not good from a user perspective because most of us do genuinely like BlackBerry 10 way of doing things. The OS flow fits with my mental model. Android doesn't. For my workflow, BlackBerry 10 is most efficient. And it's sad that I may have to lose this product. But perhaps this is important for company to live on.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 06-12-15 at 12:21 AM.
    06-11-15 11:50 PM
    All of that aside, from a fundamental viewpoint BlackBerry has shown that they will (likely) continue posting quarterly profits as they have done for the last two quarters. It's just a matter of revenue reversal at this point.

BlackBerry has many assets and I bought a few shares that I sold on Friday (breakeven) which I'm really not happy about seeing how many large investors increased shares during the last quarter as well as a significant drop in short interest. The markets were freaking me out and I really don't have extra cash to invest.

Basically bought whatever I could with what I had. Wanted to sell for $11 to make something. Little did I know that was going to happen Friday ugh. I guess my point is if you look at BlackBerry now they are in a much better place from a year ago and as soon as revs increase it'll be all uphill in my opinion. The stock would then be a growth stock so saying not much has changed over last year feels like the larger picture is escaping.

Many (myself included) believe that this stock will be $20 by end of year. BlackBerry has much going on right now including so many partners and big players even in just mobile with Samsung and Google. Debating on whether or not I risk what I can't really afford to if the stock dips below $10 again. I really believe this is a long-term value investment, but being as I really don't have extra cash to trade and so much debate over market corrections, etc, I just pulled out kinda regretfully.

Anyway, all that is left is rev reversal at this point. My selling while everyone is adding and short interest dropping is killing me! Just wanted out of the market, but between carrier partnerships and even MS doubling? their shares it is only a matter of short time when they have what they want for cheap and all of the sudden their $7 price target becomes $15 and higher.

My regret is that I feel worse case BlackBerry would be sold for 20B at minimum; don't see this happening anyway. Just thought I'd comment on what you wrote as well as add some feedback as I'm constantly lurking this thread although I'm out now :-(

Posted via CB10
    I wrote this prior to the buyback announcement when the stock had a short lived aftermarket rally. I've been watching BlackBerry stock like a hawk and it seemed to be continuing the downtrend.

The lowest I've ever purchased BlackBerry stock was around $9.80 if I remember correctly. I'm well aware there's no timing the market especially with BlackBerry and the rumor mill! Have been waiting for a bottom and asking myself if I should get back in.

I'm aware of the risks and don't see much downside from here compared to the upside, but it is my entire savings that is now safely out of the market lol. These prices are hard to resist. Expected BlackBerry to bottom around $9 and touch on $8 during this quiet period, but with this new "rumor" I'm very curious to see how the stock reacts and if I should buy on the way up if that's where it's headed.

I believe this to be partially true versus the other nonsense. Obviously, it is my decision to go all in if I choose... still see a very undervalued company here with many many assets. Just getting home from work and figured I'd think it out and possibly buy at a low point tomorrow, but with the Android news making its rounds, BlackBerry may head the other way (up). Wondering if this rumor will be somewhat of a catalyst to at least maintain the stock from bottoming out any lower? Guess we'll see tomorrow!

Right now I'm still not in. Hard to forego my car down payment in the stock market, but history shows again and again that we'll be back above $10 and higher come the 23rd. Hmm...

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-12-15 12:31 AM
    This one is real.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps now we have a glimpse (pun intended) of what was 'brewing'....
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    06-12-15 12:53 AM

Depressing.

Posted via CB10
    Nuh-uh. Don't be glum, chum.

This is innovation at its best. This ties nicely with our rumor that Samsung is behind the build. If so, this may set the stage for Samsung making at least a partial move away from Android too. I understand that they currently have a cloudy relationship with Google and are looking for a safe out.

Go bb10.
    06-12-15 01:08 AM
    Nuh-uh. Don't be glum, chum.

This is innovation at its best. This ties nicely with our rumor that Samsung is behind the build. If so, this may set the stage for Samsung making at least a partial move away from Android too. I understand that they currently have a cloudy relationship with Google and are looking for a safe out.

Go bb10.
    Seeing as how I will not run Android apps, if BlackBerry does go Android then I'll just have to go hoard BB10 devices. Hopefully that future never fully materializes though.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, zyben and 4 others like this.
    06-12-15 01:20 AM
    Seeing as how I will not run Android apps, if BlackBerry does go Android then I'll just have to go hoard BB10 devices. Hopefully that future never fully materializes though.

Posted via CB10
    Have to agree with you. I'd still have all of my BB10s even without an Android runtime. As for the stock and the BlackBerry handset division in general this seems like a good move.

Ultimately, I can see Android with BB10 skin for consumers and BB10 for govs, etc. So much work put into BlackBerry 10... was hoping with the Google partnership and BlackBerry securing their devices end to end as per BlackBerry that we'd just get BB10 with Google Play Store (with Google making a slight change in their TOS).

Should definitely help sales in that division and explain the cuts which I expected an explanation for during the CC anyway. Wasn't expecting a rumor tonight and was hoping to get in as cheap as possible.

Sorry guys, I've been burned and wanted to take a solid long position at the bottom around $9 even. Still not sure if this will act as a catalyst for tomorrow. Will be up early watching the premarket... seems intentional to put a floor on the stock price although I've been waiting for the $8 touch to go all in with all I have for the long haul.

Still plenty of shorts that may give another shot next week to get in low. I've realized it's actually difficult to own shares and be a fan of the devices at the same timel!

BES12, BBM, QNX, secusmart, movirtu, watchdox, positive cash to buy back... still extremely undervalued!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, zyben, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    06-12-15 01:46 AM
    A highly improved Runtime with Google Play Services will seal the deal for me and any consumer, all BlackBerry would need to do is get the message across that they (the consumer) can run Google's 1.3+ million apps, this can be done with carrier support and the thousands of tech blog sites that people read.

I'd be concerned if they dropped BlackBerry 10 (which, personally, is not likely to happen) in favour of Android. They need the security angle, otherwise a not so secure Android device won't magically turn things around for BlackBerry at all. Should they release a secure Android? I don't know, I think they should keep BB10 niche regardless.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 03:14 AM
    I had to edit it before I read your question Morgan.
    I guess it is not the answer you may want to read, but I have as little information than anybody else about this rumor (and you can believe I've been asking hard).

Now, what I can 8-ball-elaborate is the following, based on my own experience.
    I started from scratch to setup my new 'black on black' gorgeous Passport (running official OS Beta).
    With a close-to-none effort, I've set all the apps I'd ever thought I need and even added some (Like Sony TV SlideView to control my Sony Bravia TV with my Passport) and besides apps relying on Google services for core functionalities or purposely forbidden for BB10 devices, it's been a parade and I'm fueled 100%.
    Since 10.0, after each major OS upgrade, I've been stunned with improvements regarding Android apps integration.
    So, IF I had to consider an industrial process (I repeat: I have zero feedback, this is pure "thinking out loud"), I'd better work in the Dalvik direction. But that's only me.

So please find below my OP edited, as I believe it may have lead many of you in a weird feeling/direction. And sorry for that.

This one is real.

EDITED : I just realize how ambiguous this sentence is. What I mean here is that BlackBerry already distributed "features" as Apps on Android, like BBM and they may continue in that direction for several others.
    What I don't implicitly or explicitly mean is that they will BUILD an Android device.

I stand & stick to the only official statement made by BlackBerry : "We remain committed to the BlackBerry 10 operating system, which provides security and productivity benefits that are unmatched"

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-12-15 at 04:39 AM.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, jxnb and 5 others like this.
    06-12-15 04:20 AM
    I agree - this is real. I am expecting to see BB Slider to be launched launched with Android OS with BlackBerry Experience skin on it.
    I'm really sorry if you thought this is what I meant. It is not (see above).
    06-12-15 04:35 AM
    OT

How did you manage to get google play? is it Snap?
    Edit: I want'it too
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/
    Thanks Cobalt for that. Easy process. Can do it all on your device, no sideload needed. Note that this doesn't mean you have Google Services enabled.
    06-12-15 04:45 AM
    Good day, Gang!

I'm dropping in for my weekly post. I'm so busy with family and work these days(all in good ways), so I'll be on the sidelines until ER. There's just too much excitement in my personal and CB life to stay away from this thread. I'm with Morgan and cut off all other social / media hubs in favor of this thread. I can get all of the news (shout out to you, CORBU!) and entertainment I need from one place. This weeks lesson has taught me more about Canadian geography and culture than I ever expected to know. What a beautiful country with some mighty fine folks. I now know who to go to for advice when I decide to travel north of the border!

I'd like to address the newest "rumor" about BlackBerry using an Android OS. Its so predictable to see the doomsdayers out in full force (cough SA comments cough) as well as the BB10 lovers screaming "false rumor" and believing BB10 will never die, because its the most efficient and secure OS. I'm somewhere in between and believe this is the culmination of Chen's hints about "one device", app neutrality and projection of success in the device business. Personally, I trust than Chen is not going to abandon his chant of BlackBerry security to bring Google Play services to BlackBerry users, and think we are in for a treat of some sort of secure blend of BB10 and Android. I can tell you, my father is a diehard Samsung Galaxy user (I cut him slack since he's a little old and out of the game ), and he wants to return his SG6 Edge and go back to the 5. Even though that thing is gorgeous, he can't stand it (reception problems, poor battery, OS quirks). It seems like Samsung is definitely ready to team up to build the new and improved version with BlackBerry. I think a blend of the two OS's might perfect this device. Of course the media will portray this a sign that BB10 was a failure and the CB community is going to be resistant to the change, but I am very excited for this device.

Also, WTF is up with BBRY stock these days?! I'm with our buddy Morgan and will continue to buy up shares below $10 (def below $9, but let's hope we don't go there if this ER doesn't show a meaningful revenue improvement). However, I think the device rumors may be the catalyst for a run up of the SP for a while, so wall street might not scrutinize the ER numbers as harshly. Smart move by Chen, to tell the market to "look over here at this shiny new BBAndroid device" while building a stable security / software / IOT strategy that stabilizes revenue and leads to partnerships and profit. Oh.. and there's the possibility that people actually start to buy BB phones again. This reminds me of the euphoria of potential success similarly to our run up to $18 back when BB10 was released, except this time, no smoke and mirrors and Chen's strategy has a backbone that will see this company to a massive turnaround if they don't sell out to another company.

Lastly, I've been wanting to comment on our next BlackBerry activist stakeholder, Morgan. I remember when I was new to this thread hearing about the nightmare of the rapidly progressing health situation he developed while snorkeling off the coast of Mexico. His story has resounded with me because I recovered from a life threatening illness early in life that shaped my life perspective. I've been meaning to ask how things were going and was glad to read the recent updates. It's amazing how you've maintained your positive outlook on life and how you found peace and happiness with your current restrictions. But that's the way the cookie crumbles, things can change forever in a second. It's all a matter of how we deal with it that counts. I know I'm not alone when I say I feel very blessed to be privileged to the wealth of wisdom you contribute to this thread, not only about BBRY and investing, but life. Ok, enough of the soft stuff... its Friday, is it time for a beer yet?!

Sorry this rant went a little long. I'm now running late for a meeting to lock up the biggest contract of my career. Carpe Diem!
    Last edited by Mr BBRY; 06-12-15 at 05:59 AM.
    06-12-15 05:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    My plan too! LoL
    06-12-15 05:47 AM
    Nothing new here but a decent enough take on reality: http://ophirgottlieb.tumblr.com/post...-ready-to-rise

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, jxnb, zyben and 2 others like this.
    06-12-15 05:53 AM
    OT: Of interest to those using cell services in Canada

Press Releases: June 11, 2015 Canadian Wireless Network Performance: No Service, No Satisfaction

2015 Canadian Wireless Network Quality Study | J.D. Power
    06-12-15 06:29 AM
    OT: Why doesn't CB trace these trolls losers and have them charged with internet bullying and harassment?
    zyben, sidhuk, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    06-12-15 07:37 AM
113,256 ... 34053406340734083409 ...