View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Exclusive: BlackBerry India MD Sunil Lalvani quits for greener pastures - Tech2

BlackBerry India Managing Director Sunil Lalvani has put in his papers at the Indian subsidiary of the once mighty mobile player that is now transforming itself into a software and services company focused around security.

Confirming this after being asked for a comment, Varghese Thomas‎, Director–Corporate Communications & Social Media for BlackBerry India and SAARC told Firstpost, “I can confirm Sunil Lalvani has left his position as Managing Director, BlackBerry India to explore opportunities outside of BlackBerry. We thank him for his contributions. In the interim, Matthew Tonkin, VP, Carrier Sales and Distribution, APAC, will lead operations in India. We will announce a permanent replacement soon. India is an important market for BlackBerry and we are committed to our customers in this region who demand the most secure and productive mobile communications.”‎

Sunil could not be reached for a direct comment but other sources within the company said he is moving on to greener pastures after a long stint at BlackBerry India and that he is currently serving his notice period. ‎

Sunil’s exit will be a blow to BlackBerry India as he was one of the few Country Heads at BlackBerry to come with very strong experience in the enterprise and business technology space rather than consumer-focused sales. As BlackBerry transforms itself in India too, moving from focusing on handsets to enterprise mobility management solutions built upon BlackBerry’s security USP, Sunil’s industry relationships ‎with business technology leaders as well as deep understanding of the Indian enterprise market was a big plus for BlackBerry India. ‎

Before being named Managing Director two years ago, ‎Sunil headed Enterprise Sales for BlackBerry India since 2009 and he has earlier worked with networking and enterprise players like Cisco, Nokia, SITA-Equant, and Global Telesystems in networking and telecom sales to enterprise customers in India.‎

In a press interaction a few weeks ago, Sunil Lalvani had pointed to BlackBerry’s surprise profits last quarter and had stated that BlackBerry India was well on the way to maximising revenues from software sales, in line with BlackBerry CEO John Chen’s stated objectives for turning around the company. Sunil had also told Firstpost that BES 12 was witnessing strong traction amongst enterprises and that BlackBerry India had also made a few new wins in India in the enterprise space. ‎
    kadakn01, zyben, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    06-10-15 10:07 AM
    Related to this (posted yesterday):
    Looking Beyond Gartner?s EMM Magic Quadrant | Inside BlackBerry

AirWatch, Citrix, Good, IBM and MobileIron stay top performers in Gartner's EMM Magic Quadrant report - FierceMobileIT

BlackBerry vs. Gartner: How Does Gartner Cover Tech When They Are So Outdated?
    http://www.tgdaily.com/enterprise/13...re-so-outdated

Last edited by Corbu; 06-10-15 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Added Rob Enderle's piece (the last link)
    06-10-15 10:09 AM
    OT: Anyone else considering cashing out HALO? Been a great run the past couple of weeks and I'm thinking of taking some money off the table. Although part of me thinks that if one partnership did this to the SP, what will 2 or 3 more do...
    still holding all my shares, seems to be some accumulation happening, maybe some more big funds are getting in? Anyway there may be a correction sooner or later but I've never felt better about the future of the company than I do now, also I don't want to sell and miss a takeover or another large deal....just my 0.02. Love to hear m8's thoughts on the TA range of the current rally...
    06-10-15 10:32 AM
    Shorts down slightly:

5/29/2015 87,104,418
    5/15/2015 88,701,849
    06-10-15 10:40 AM
    06-10-15 10:43 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a feature of iPhone? How often have you admired someone, .... they are in the media, they are so cool, you want to be them someday, ... now you can, with a little effort (very little it appears) you too can be anyone you want to be for a day. Apple has made life so wonderful for all of us, I'm going to be Kim K. for a day and post some pics of my .................. well, you know what I mean! Thanks Apple!
    I will test this with a friend tonight...unless someone already has or can today

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 11:06 AM
    How much are the MOBL underwriters paying gartner to keep their report out of date?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 11:13 AM
    still holding all my shares, seems to be some accumulation happening, maybe some more big funds are getting in? Anyway there may be a correction sooner or later but I've never felt better about the future of the company than I do now, also I don't want to sell and miss a takeover or another large deal....just my 0.02. Love to hear m8's thoughts on the TA range of the current rally...
    Congrats to those who are still in it, the stock is over-bought in a TA sense but that doesn't mean that it can't rally, hold its gains, work off that OB and move higher again. What we are seeing now is Funds buying and supporting the stock, the float in the free market (trading float) is becoming very small which allows Funds to buy the stock and support the price to make their portfolios look good. Gone are the days when this stock was being traded. Now, no one wants to sell it with all of the news to come and that large short position that has to cover. This investment is an example of what to look for when buying a turn-around candidate like BlackBerry. It is so easy to wait for months for a move in your investment, see it correct a few times and then get into that mindset that you are now a trader and will make more money trading this play, when, you are about to miss the best part of any investment. This is the time where stocks like this one are purchased to dry up the float and move "the right to be in this play" much higher. I mentioned awhile ago, this investment is very similar to ACAD, you can't stop the stock from rallying until the price is insanely high.

It is set for a correction but there isn't a good reason to sell it other than to fulfill the need for a correction, that's a really weak reason to sell today and think you can buy it back cheaper and no one will notice! I am waiting to buy more on any dip and so far, that plan bites. If you see something that looks so cheap that you can roll into it and suffer the tax consequences, go for it, but you are giving up a winner to do that.
    06-10-15 12:09 PM
    Option alert: Blackberry July $12:00 call; 1800 contract trade at ask @0.10

Update: June 26 $11.50 call; 4454 contract trade at ask @$0.06
    06-10-15 12:47 PM
    Option alert: Blackberry July $12:00 call; 1800 contract trade at ask @0.10

Update: June 26 $11.50 call; 4454 contract trade at ask @$0.06
    I hope you are seeing something there brother because I just placed orders for a bunch more down here. I'm going to take over this company one day. LOL
    06-10-15 01:03 PM
    How much are the MOBL underwriters paying gartner to keep their report out of date?

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget GOOD. I think some of the Wall Street investment banks dumping BlackBerry for GOOD may be vying for GOOD's business to take them public. Assuming GOOD is still on track to go public of course.

Posted via CB10
    zyben likes this.
    06-10-15 01:14 PM
    I hope you are seeing something there brother because I just placed orders for a bunch more down here. I'm going to take over this company one day. LOL
    Thanks for the laugh. You just reminded me of a cartoon character that always wanted to take over the world. Lol.

Someone might just be generous today? Help someone make a few thousands in writing their options. But now that you told me that you bought some options, I believe it was you. Lol
    06-10-15 01:33 PM
    Do it Bro!!
    06-10-15 01:37 PM
    Do it Bro!!
    Yeah we will back you up.
    06-10-15 01:42 PM
    Thanks for the laugh. You just reminded me of a cartoon character that always wanted to take over the world. Lol.

Someone might just be generous today? Help someone make a few thousands in writing their options. But now that you told me that you bought some options, I believe it was you. Lol
    You can actually see my orders in Level II, I have been placing 5,000 share buy orders for the stock a few cents below the current price. I have some more in there and if they fill I'll continue. I don't buy call options, I sell them to others. So far, I have stopped the price from falling and now they want me to chase the stock which I never do. I'll check back and see if we have given up a couple of pennies here. I really like my odds down here, a trip to $ 10.00 is nothing and those call options can be written for a huge premium. I'm watching HALO slowly drift back too but it is way too high for me to make a move yet. Back to my BBRY purchases.
    06-10-15 01:42 PM
    You can actually see my orders in Level II, I have been placing 5,000 share buy orders for the stock a few cents below the current price. I have some more in there and if they fill I'll continue. I don't buy call options, I sell them to others. So far, I have stopped the price from falling and now they want me to chase the stock which I never do. I'll check back and see if we have given up a couple of pennies here. I really like my odds down here, a trip to $ 10.00 is nothing and those call options can be written for a huge premium. I'm watching HALO slowly drift back too but it is way too high for me to make a move yet. Back to my BBRY purchases.
    Love that level II data! A person can tell a lot by observing the data.

By the way hope your feeling a lot better! Best regards!

Thanks for everything you do for this thread Morgan!

One more thing Morgan, I have been waiting for oil to fall back to the 50.00 range. What's your take on it, I really appreciate you thoughts.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 06-10-15 at 03:08 PM.
    06-10-15 02:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    There certainly is some conflict of interest concerning Gartner. Bain Capital acquired Gartner in 1990: Bain Capital Private Equity. Brookside Capital, a Bain subsidiary, is a long/short public equity whose third largest holding as of 3/31/15 is Citrix Systems: Bain Capital - Brookside Capital - 2015 Stock Picks and Performance - Insider Monkey. Citrix is a direct competitor of BlackBerry in the enterprise and receives favorable placement in Gartner's "research". We are not privy to Brookside's short positions.
    06-10-15 02:08 PM
    There certainly is some conflict of interest concerning Gartner. Bain Capital acquired Gartner in 1990: Bain Capital Private Equity. Brookside Capital, a Bain subsidiary, is a long/short public equity whose third largest holding as of 3/31/15 is Citrix Systems: Bain Capital - Brookside Capital - 2015 Stock Picks and Performance - Insider Monkey. Citrix is a direct competitor of BlackBerry in the enterprise and receives favorable placement in Gartner's "research". We are not privy to Brookside's short positions.
    Excellent point. Was not aware of that. Thanks zyben.
    06-10-15 02:12 PM
    Love that level II data! A person can tell a lot by observing the data.

By the way hope your feeling a lot better! Best regards!

Thanks for everything you do for this thread Morgan!

One more thing Morgan, I have waiting for oil to fall back to the 50.00 range. What's your take on it, I really appreciate you thoughts.
    I just got back from hooking up my boat to the SUV, and surprise, I have a fill on a couple of those orders! I have one in at $ 9.32/shr and it is still open though. I feel good about adding to my position here, when you are a 1/2 buck away from John Chen's 8,800,000 share stock option price, it can't be the worst idea I have tried! LOL

The law of averages suggests we are due for some positive news soon common Corbu post something!!

I'm looking for oil to drop back too, those tankers can't sit out there in the gulf forever. Some investors that are clearly smarter than me, bought ECA at its lows. I want to own some of that one again but its too high right now. The DOW is trying to regain its 50-dma today, when it looked like the DOW was going to fail, all stocks backed off. We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it can start another rally this month.
    06-10-15 02:31 PM
    I just got back from hooking up my boat to the SUV, and surprise, I have a fill on a couple of those orders! I have one in at $ 9.32/shr and it is still open though. I feel good about adding to my position here, when you are a 1/2 buck away from John Chen's 8,800,000 share stock option price, it can't be the worst idea I have tried! LOL

The law of averages suggests we are due for some positive news soon common Corbu post something!!

I'm looking for oil to drop back too, those tankers can't sit out there in the gulf forever. Some investors that are clearly smarter than me, bought ECA at its lows. I want to own some of that one again but its too high right now. The DOW is trying to regain its 50-dma today, when it looked like the DOW was going to fail, all stocks backed off. We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it can start another rally this month.
    Thanks!

I actually saw orders filled at 9.34 and 9.33 and 9.32 all at 5000 shares(was that you). I will not be touching oil until it reaches 50ish. Naturall Gas, I am playing with UGAZ. Yesterday I got out of SDOW and TZA, thanks to level two and time stamp. Enjoy the trip and drop us some bad photos taken with your Blackberry device.
    06-10-15 02:55 PM
    Thanks!

I actually saw orders filled at 9.34 and 9.33 and 9.32 all at 5000 shares(was that you). I will not be touching oil until it reaches 50ish. Naturall Gas, I am playing with UGAZ. Yesterday I got out of SDOW and TZA, thanks to level two and time stamp. Enjoy the trip and drop us some bad photos taken with your Blackberry device.
    I had orders in from $ 9.31 to $ 9.35 with the average about $ 9.33/shr/US for a bunch. Down here it looks like it is within $ .30/shr of a bottom and I'm away tomorrow so I thought I'd buy today. Energy looks good in the Fall, I'll shop then. Let's get this one back up to $ 10.00 now!
    Mr BBRY, 3MIKE, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    06-10-15 03:35 PM
    I had orders in from $ 9.31 to $ 9.35 with the average about $ 9.33/shr/US for a bunch. Down here it looks like it is within $ .30/shr of a bottom and I'm away tomorrow so I thought I'd buy today. Energy looks good in the Fall, I'll shop then. Let's get this one back up to $ 10.00 now!

Have you ever travel or boated at Lake Superior, Canada? It's a good stretch of highway along side the water and some nice places to stop. I'll be heading up there this summer, and doing the stretch from Sault Ste Marie to Thunderbay.
    06-10-15 04:01 PM
    Have you ever travel or boated at Lake Superior, Canada? It's a good stretch of highway along side the water and some nice places to stop. I'll be heading up there this summer, and doing the stretch from Sault Ste Marie to Thunderbay.
    Oh yeah, the Montreal River, the Agawa Canyon area, and all over that area inland too. I haven't spent much time on Lake Superior in a boat but I have cruised on Georgian Bay and each of the other Great Lakes a 1,000 times. I have traveled by train so many times I can't count the trips and I have family and friends all the way to the Manitoba border and then some on the TCH. My Uncle was a Doctor (South of Thunder Bay) up there so we would visit with him. That is some nice country but my wife prefers to stay close to her family in Southern Ontario. I have never biked that highway before, something I would love to do.

I'm down at the lake for a couple of days so pump that BlackBerry up a bit for me please! LOL
    06-10-15 05:02 PM
    Oh yeah, the Montreal River, the Agawa Canyon area, and all over that area inland too. I haven't spent much time on Lake Superior in a boat but I have cruised on Georgian Bay and each of the other Great Lakes a 1,000 times. I have traveled by train so many times I can't count the trips and I have family and friends all the way to the Manitoba border and then some on the TCH. My Uncle was a Doctor (South of Thunder Bay) up there so we would visit with him. That is some nice country but my wife prefers to stay close to her family in Southern Ontario. I have never biked that highway before, something I would love to do.

I'm down at the lake for a couple of days so pump that BlackBerry up a bit for me please! LOL
    Oh! you have to bike that stretch! A few summers ago, when I headed to Saskatchewan for my son's national ball hockey championship, I saw lots of bikers on the road. Totally agree it's beautiful country. I would really like to do the Trans Canada trail from Sault Ste Marie to Thunderbay. I would need a year to complete. Walk ten kilometers and then set up camp. Lol

As for pumping Blackberry, let me give John Chen a call. He owes me one. LMAO
    06-10-15 06:10 PM
    OT but less off the wall banter.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-emm-corporate

Government of UK document of EMM BES/BB use. Found it completely by chance a few days ago.
    06-10-15 06:21 PM
113,256 ... 34023403340434053406 ...