View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm not sure I see what you mean here. Windows does not equal Windows phone or Windows mobile it's desktop Windows only and iTunes has been available there for years now.

As to Android, there was already a Beats android app prior to the merger, Apple will just bring the extra functionality to the Android side.

There is no real changes from what been done previous to these new features coming out really, just the fact that they are updating the functionality here, so no need to claim innovation where that's concerned.

What I did find interesting is the ability for artists to interact with fans - did anyone else see that and think "BBM Channels"? I did.
    Nice // with channels.
    As for the "novelty" what I pointed out was the new marketing campaign. You can be sure not a word hadn't been approved/chewed/designed by apple prior the article went out. So, in a way, that's a new communication axis, one more that can help in the "agnostic" scheme.
    06-09-15 12:43 PM
    06-09-15 12:43 PM
    Really ? Amazon ? , who in there right mind is buying into Amazon right now
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    06-09-15 01:11 PM
    Looking Beyond the EMM Magic Quadrant | Inside BlackBerry

06.09.15 / Marty Beard

Gartner’s Magic Quadrant report for Enterprise Mobility Management came out yesterday. Here at the new BlackBerry, we were a little disappointed by the limitations of the influential annual vendor survey. As BlackBerry races to serve quickly-evolving customer needs, the MQ feels slightly stuck in the past.

Technology decision makers, especially time-pressed CIOs that share our interest in where the mobile management market is heading, should be aware of these issues.

For one, the EMM MQ was literally outdated before it was published, based on information gathered by Gartner in early 2015. This methodological shortcoming may be a moot point for slower-moving EMM vendors, but it fails to keep pace with fast movers such as BlackBerry that are rapidly releasing new products and services.

For instance, the just-published EMM MQ ignores two important moves by BlackBerry in the last three months: our release of the powerful, cost-effective and easy-to-manage BES12 Cloud, and BlackBerry’s highly-praised acquisition of mobile content management provider, WatchDox. WatchDox, I should note, is ranked a ‘Visionary’ in Gartner’s most-recent MQ for Enterprise File Sync and Share (EFSS). Those two elements alone account for a significant percentage of the EMM MQ’s scoring criteria.

Gartner’s EMM MQ also did not take into account BES12’s enhanced Android support with Samsung KNOX and Android for Work capabilities, both also announced in the last 3 months. BlackBerry is now able to provide true end-to-end security for Android devices.

The EMM MQ criteria is also no longer able to keep up with the enhancements that vendors like BlackBerry are making. Instead, it’s weighted towards MDM features that have long been commoditized, and fails to consider cutting-edge services that address EMM needs now and in the future.

These needs include secure voice, secure mobile messaging, mobile collaboration and split billing – all of which BlackBerry has addressed in the past year by releasing or acquiring compelling services – think Secusmart, BBM Protected, BBM Meetings and WorkLife. These services enable new flavors of secure connectivity so that workers can be as productive as possible. Yet, Gartner doesn’t include any of them in its EMM MQ.

But enterprise customers do – BlackBerry invested in these services because of feedback from our EMM customer base, which remains larger than several of our leading competitors combined. The size of our customer base comes from more than a decade-long legacy of helping enterprises take advantage of the power of mobile – securely.

Yet, Garter’s EMM MQ overlooks the substantial base of BlackBerry customers who are still using earlier versions of BES. Ironically, even though their methodology ignores these customers, Gartner recommends that they take a close look at BES12 as they consider upgrading. BlackBerry’s ambitious roadmap for enterprise products and services — and our proven ability to quickly deliver on them today – is a direct response to enterprise needs.

BlackBerry respects the work Gartner has done over the years with the EMM Magic Quadrant. However, its narrow, dated methodology is a poor fit to rank a dynamic, fast-evolving vendor like BlackBerry who is rapidly introducing new products and services that help enterprises gain a productivity edge over competitors and futureproof their businesses for years to come.

Combine that with the significant abilities of BES12, our still-sizeable installed base of BlackBerry enterprise customers (especially in regulated industries such as financial services, healthcare and government – ask President Obama and his fellow Federal workers in Washington D.C.), and the cash reserves that guarantees that BlackBerry is in it for the long haul, and BlackBerry deserves to be considered a Leader in EMM today.
    Plus this relevant comment:

disqus_wmZEGcmY4y • 11 minutes ago
    Mr. Beard, this rebuttal should get wider distribution in major media outlets. BBRY/BB needs to hear this and take the same initiative in its own marketing agenda.
    06-09-15 01:13 PM
    Summary of what he had to say:

When it comes to Blackberry, Peter Misek, managing partner at DN Capital, says the company is on much stronger footing thanks to its focus on software.

“They’ve done a lot of the right things,” says Misek, who believes Blackberry’s focus on mobile device management software will secure its future.

“In MDM I think they could be a top-three player at the very worst, they should be able to gain 20-30 percent market share, and that should allow them to be very successful.”

According to Misek, Blackberry CEO John Chen knows his company’s success lies in MDM.

“What he’s trying to do is he’s trying to keep that revenue base at a certain level so that he can manage his cost base down, but ultimately he knows his future’s as a software company, it’s clear.”

Despite this, Misek chooses to remain with Apple devices, and isn’t interested in buying Blackberry shares at their current levels.

“I’m just not interested. I’ve got my whole life, all my digital stuff in Apple and it would be very difficult for me to move.”
    06-09-15 01:16 PM
    Summary of what he had to say:
    "I’ve got my whole life, all my digital stuff in Apple and it would be very difficult for me to move.”

But, "He secures those Apple Devices (at least his work ones for sure ) with Blackberry"
    06-09-15 01:28 PM
    Short interest update

5/29/2015......87,104,418
    5/15/2015......88,701,849

About 1.6M share decrease

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/bbry/sh...#ixzz3cb8bIPbQ

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 03:17 PM
    Think we all knew this.

Ex-BlackBerry Mogul Talks Publicly for the First Time

TORONTO — Jun 9, 2015, 3:35 PM ET

By ROB GILLIES Associated Press

Former BlackBerry mogul Jim Balsillie says Apple's introduction of the iPhone and BlackBerry's rushed attempt to match it was devastating for the once iconic company.

Ex-co chief executive Jim Balsillie said Tuesday in his first public remarks since leaving the company in 2012 that he knew BlackBerry couldn't compete after the iPhone's introduction in 2007 and after BlackBerry's buggy touchscreen device called the Storm had a "100 percent return rate."

He said at the Empire Club in Toronto that the impact of rushing it out was devastating. He says Verizon, their largest customer, fired them over it.

Pioneered in 1999, the BlackBerry changed the culture by allowing on-the-go business people to access email wirelessly. Then Apple showed that phones could handle much more than email and phone calls.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    06-09-15 03:37 PM
    OT:
    Vic Alboini’s appeal of OSC penalties fails
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle24877929/
    06-09-15 03:54 PM

The key thing I have already stated before based on Samsung and BlackBerry's partnership along with KNOX improvements by Samsung in 2.0.x which Google Android core does NOT have licensed with cpu+chipset+Storage+RAM+OS encryption/security and checks ... all comes together with

BlackBerry Experience Suite + Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge having the above details mentioned into this:

Gartner’s EMM MQ also did not take into account BES12’s enhanced Android support with Samsung KNOX and Android for Work capabilities, both also announced in the last 3 months. BlackBerry is now able to provide true end-to-end security for Android devices
    Re-read that in bold+underlined 10x and see where BB is really going.
    PSST: Slider by Samsung parts ... yeah.
    06-09-15 04:01 PM
    Double post

Classically Posted.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 06-09-15 at 05:36 PM.
    Corbu and 3MIKE like this.
    06-09-15 05:19 PM
    Double post

Classically Posted.
    No you didn't.

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    06-09-15 05:58 PM

What I did find interesting is the ability for artists to interact with fans - did anyone else see that and think "BBM Channels"? I did.
    What you need to realize ... is Apple heavily learns from it's failures that don't end up as massive success.

FACT:
    Newton - a PDA system that failed in PDA realm before smartphones really took off. It was their real-life vision of "Navigator"
    Apple G4 Cube - no fans .... great machine & performance for 4 years incredible invention (nobody else dreamed of this) ... and the perfection is a real desktop powerhouse in the Apple Power Mac cylinder (manufactured in the USA - JOBS creation) ... 1 fan.
    etc.

Music and sharing ... Apple has done this before, twice already in both previous iterations of iTunes. Heck I used it on Windows 7 but the artist could only "post" not fully interact with the fans. Fans chatted more than the artists.

They're [The Artist] in control of their music and how they want to distribute it
    06-09-15 06:04 PM
    OT ... somewhat related.

Microsoft to build two data centres in Canada as it expands cloud services
    source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...ticle24756853/

According to Janet Kennedy, president of Microsoft Canada Corp:

“There’s no technical reason to do it, this is for the government,”
    as it expands its cloud computing services to government departments with “data sovereignty” requirements

Redmond, Wash.-based software giant has been in negotiations for more than seven years with the federal government about the location of the server farms that could host sensitive government data, including records about citizens or government programs.

“It actually surprised me ... some of them that had already done some cloud-based services with us were like ‘Oh, now that you’re in Canada, I can add this other group that we were holding back.’
    Psst BlackBerry .... see what you've started?! Make this former Platinum-Partner a client and RENT out your servers/Storage Space and Operations & Services as a FEE = KATCHING!! $$$$$$

If it makes Dollars ... it Makes Sense!
    Soumaila Somtore, CDM76 and zyben like this.
    06-09-15 06:22 PM
    OT ... somewhat related.

�There�s no technical reason to do it, this is for the government,�
    as it expands its cloud computing services to government departments with �data sovereignty� requirements

Redmond, Wash.-based software giant has been in negotiations for more than seven years with the federal government about the location of the server farms that could host sensitive government data, including records about citizens or government programs.

�It actually surprised me ... some of them that had already done some cloud-based services with us were like �Oh, now that you�re in Canada, I can add this other group that we were holding back.�
    Psst BlackBerry .... see what you've started?! Make this former Platinum-Partner a client and RENT out your servers/Storage Space and Operations & Services as a FEE = KATCHING!! $$$$$$

06-09-15 06:23 PM
    No you didn't.

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    Yes I didn't. Lol.

Classically Posted.
    06-09-15 06:57 PM
    OT ... somewhat related.

as it expands its cloud computing services to government departments with �data sovereignty� requirements

I can confirm one here in Edmonton...they just completed the building...not a mark on it to indicate MicroSoft but that's what it is...servers from floor to ceiling.

Classically Posted.
    sidhuk, rarsen, zyben and 4 others like this.
    06-09-15 07:04 PM
    Hello BlackBerry Passport! Yes.. I�ve got one and I�m using it!

Thanks to the team at BlackBerry, I have taken delivery of a brand spanking new BlackBerry Passport.
    You know the one. The super-wide one, with the keyboard. The one you�ve been wondering about. The one you�ve been quietly evaluating for just a few minutes, every now and again, before going back to your old iPhone, Android or Windows Phone, right?

Well I have.

This is exactly what I�ve been doing ever since I had a play with the Passport properly at Mobile World Congress earlier this year.

I finally dropped a note to BlackBerry and said I�d like to come home.

I was a huge, huge BlackBerry user.

I was a massive BlackBerry fan. Just search the annals here at MIR to read the tens of thousands (or hundreds of thousands?) of words I�ve written about them. Oh, and I�ve filmed dozens of interviews with executives at all sorts of BlackBerry Worlds from places diverse as Rome, Berlin, Orlando and San Francisco.

I didn�t desert BlackBerry, rather than there was, if memory serves, a changing of the guard at BlackBerry PR. One moment I knew everyone and was in constant touch and the next moment, I didn�t. And then I got tremendously busy with consulting work.

And I didn�t upgrade my old Bold. Instead I diversified. I�ve always carried a ton of different phones and I ended up using a variety of Windows Phones, Androids (hello to Honor and Sony!) and of course, iPhones.

Another complicating factor: I stopped using a BlackBerry for work purposes. That was keeping me connected to the gorgeous messaging experience.

Speaking of that, I�ve long held that there is nothing better for messaging than a BlackBerry. If you�ve ever been a serious user, I think you recognise that too.

There was a hayday for BlackBerry. I was talking about this with fellow 361 Podcast member, Ben Smith just the other week. It was when the old Gmail app still worked on the old BlackBerry operating systems. Do you remember it?

Geez it was magnificent. Absolutely flipping brilliant. I got through so many emails on that with my �e� (�archive�) key on overdrive. A tiny messaging fairy died on the day Google announced they were discontinuing support for the client.

You see I loved BlackBerry�s native email. I still used that. I had all my gmail arrive in there. That�s where I read and replied to stuff. But I used the Gmail client to quickly clean up my mailbox in flipping record time.

(Probably the biggest problem I�ve always had with BlackBerry is the lack of �archive� key as I�m such a big Gmail user.)

However. I digress.

I�ve taken delivery of the Passport and set it up. I have to admit I was a bit rusty with the UI. Although after seeing IBM�s tip top super-genius social media expert Andrew Grill*(�Global Managing Partner, Social Consulting, IBM� what a job title!) rocketing through his messages with his prized Passport, I had a quick refresher.

This evening I stuck on Gmail and Facebook. Woosh. It was all coming back to me.

I have three*takeaways for you right now:

1. The screen size is glorious. Web pages, documents and emails look brilliant. The web browser in particular was like using a tablet or desktop. I was astonished when I clicked on to a Telegraph.co.uk article and found the embedded video playing there in the window. It really is ideal for viewing.

2. That keyboard. It is lovely actually typing again. Although I am still getting used to:

a) Holding the device properly. You need to hold the Passport much lower than you would an iPhone. It�s been coming back to me.

b) Remembering all the intuitive BlackBerry things. Long press for capital letters, that sort of thing. And the fact the keyboard is actually touch sensitive!

3. The battery: I haven�t had the opportunity to give it a decent workout yet but the battery is clearly sizeable and I think the �all day working� point is likely to be valid.

Very interesting indeed.

I�m going to give it a proper work-out over the next few days. In the meantime I�d welcome your recent views and experiences of BlackBerry (not just the Passport).

http://www.mobileindustryreview.com/...rce=feedburner

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 12:02 AM
    Oh ohh...here we go again: Whatapp hack http://thehackernews.com/2015/06/hij...count.html?m=1
    But hey...someone will chime in saying it superior to BBM.

Classically Posted.
    06-10-15 07:21 AM
    Meanwhile, more FUD from this Forbes "Contributor":
    BlackBerry Passport Radically Redesigned, Still An Ugly Mess - Forbes
    morganplus8, rarsen, zyben and 5 others like this.
    06-10-15 07:41 AM
    Oh ohh...here we go again: Whatapp hack http://thehackernews.com/2015/06/hij...count.html?m=1

Classically Posted.
    "The worst case is with iPhones"

But but but...... Cook said the iPhone is secure ! You mean it's not ???

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 07:43 AM
    Oh ohh...here we go again: Whatapp hack Hijacking WhatsApp Account in Seconds Using This Simple Trick

Classically Posted.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a feature of iPhone? How often have you admired someone, .... they are in the media, they are so cool, you want to be them someday, ... now you can, with a little effort (very little it appears) you too can be anyone you want to be for a day. Apple has made life so wonderful for all of us, I'm going to be Kim K. for a day and post some pics of my .................. well, you know what I mean! Thanks Apple!
    06-10-15 08:05 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a feature of iPhone? How often have you admired someone, .... they are in the media, they are so cool, you want to be them someday, ... now you can, with a little effort (very little it appears) you too can be anyone you want to be for a day. Apple has made life so wonderful for all of us, I'm going to be Kim K. for a day and post some pics of my .................. well, you know what I mean! Thanks Apple!
    Dude, we already love you, but we will likely be over the moon if you post pics of your........that looks like Kim K's. LOL
    rarsen, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    06-10-15 09:06 AM
    OT: Anyone else considering cashing out HALO? Been a great run the past couple of weeks and I'm thinking of taking some money off the table. Although part of me thinks that if one partnership did this to the SP, what will 2 or 3 more do...
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-10-15 09:37 AM
    FWIW, better quality pics of the Oslo/Dallas from blackberrys.ru:
    Fresh Photos from BlackBerry Oslo
    ?????? ????????? BlackBerry Oslo

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-oslo5-947x533.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-oslo7-947x533.jpg
    06-10-15 09:51 AM
113,256 ... 34013402340334043405 ...