View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hmm...time to pick up some more, I think! Have a good day everyone.

Posted via CB10
    i wouldn't. if the pattern from the lead up to the last couple of ER holds, it will keep dropping.
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-08-15 02:21 PM
    Would be interesting to know how many we hold as a group here on this thread...in %... not that it matters, but it's just a fun thing to know. By the way, has everyone received their voting forms for the next AGM? I received mine.

Posted via CB10
    there's a thread from a while back that tried to get a rough estimate
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...rrians-782494/
    Superfly_FR and bizzarothor like this.
    06-08-15 02:22 PM
    06-08-15 03:26 PM
    i wouldn't. if the pattern from the lead up to the last couple of ER holds, it will keep dropping.
    I hope you are right and it hits $9 or less. I've noticed a huge increase in FUD attacks so we will see what the con artists can do. Forgot to add the fact that next annual shareholder meeting they vote on share buyback. This might be the last kick at the can of SP manipulation of under $10 shares as shorts risk BlackBerry buying back on the cheap.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by notafanofyou; 06-08-15 at 05:14 PM.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-08-15 03:40 PM
    Could this be the venue they release the "software that will make you use only one phone?"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Corbu, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    06-08-15 06:27 PM
    06-08-15 07:42 PM
    What the author didn't mention is how/if it's possible to seed each BBM user's contact list with users found in the company's directory system (Active Directory/LDAP, etc.). Without it, can you imagine a company of any size requiring all BBM users to invite/add company users manually? Even a user group of 5 would be a pain.

BlackBerry offers BlackBerry Identity Proxy which I think will link the BlackBerry identity web portal to a company's directory system, but I don't know if it would allow an admin to automatically propagate contacts to each user's BBM. Small companies who don't have a corporate directory system would also need an admin portal. Hopefully this issue is on the BBM group's radar.
    06-08-15 09:45 PM
    What the author didn't mention is how/if it's possible to seed each BBM user's contact list with users found in the company's directory system (Active Directory/LDAP, etc.). Without it, can you imagine a company of any size requiring all BBM users to invite/add company users manually? Even a user group of 5 would be a pain.

BlackBerry offers BlackBerry Identity Proxy which I think will link the BlackBerry identity web portal to a company's directory system, but I don't know if it would allow an admin to automatically propagate contacts to each user's BBM. Small companies who don't have a corporate directory system would also need an admin portal. Hopefully this issue is on the BBM group's radar.
    Great idea !!!! Hopefully BlackBerry already has this handled......

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 11:04 PM
    I can't believe some of the negativity that people are spreading on this site. It's like people don't have eyes or a memory or something. Just think of how far the company has come in over a year. Over a year ago you could hardly find BlackBerry devices in shops and every day there were articles laughing at us and predicting our doom. Now we've got phones in shops and no one is talking about BlackBerry going bust. I can't wait for the year ahead and for all the trolls and FUDsters to go crawling under their slimy rocks where they belong. All this talk and complaining about the price of stickers and subscriptions...cheapskates...if they can't afford them or don't want to pay for what BlackBerry is really worth then it's their loss! I trust in Chen and love the stability he is building. Let BlackBerry and BBM. Remain for the 'elite' and let the doped masses give their lives away through their iPhones. For me, it's BlackBerry ALL DAAAY LOOOONG.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 06:08 AM
    BlackBerry 'Oslo' appears once again in new images | CrackBerry.com

While the first photo of BlackBerry 'Oslo' was nothing more than a pixelated render, the devices second appearance offers a significantly better look at the Passport-like design. As noted by N4BB, the device brings the same exact specs (2.2GHz MSM8974 Snapdragon processor, 13 MP Camera, 3 GB RAM, 3450 mAh battery) of the Passport but in a slightly different form factor with a combination of steel frame mixed with silver plastic.

As for OS, right now it's running 10.3.2.2150, which keeps in line with what current devices are running though slightly higher. If you love the look of the 'Oslo', you might have to contain yourself though because right now, the device is suggested to be targeted to the EMEA and APAC regions including China. Meaning unless you're looking to import one or live in those areas; you might be out of luck for purchasing options. Sadly, that's where the information stops regarding the Oslo – for now.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-oslo-front.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_1488.jpg

https://n4bb.com/blackberry-oslo-photos-specs/

What appears to be the original source of the info + more pics:
    http://www.blackberrys.ru/news/23435.html

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-oslo2-947x451.jpg
    Last edited by Corbu; 06-09-15 at 08:08 AM.
    06-09-15 07:18 AM
    Yes, there's a self-enroll/provisionning capability with AD.
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    06-09-15 07:36 AM
    OT (not)

Sign'O the times.
    Apple is launching ANDROID, WINDOWS apps for his new music streaming platform.
    Apple Unveils Apple Music; Coming to Mac, iOS, Windows, and Android

Agnostic, did you say agnostic ?
    Master Chen did it first. Apple will claim inovation again.
    No biggie, don't get your nerves about it. Only serves our purpose.
    And I like it.
    06-09-15 08:07 AM
    FUD is out in full force
    06-09-15 08:37 AM
    06-09-15 08:49 AM
    Great find. Thanks snejpa!

Germany Approves SecuVoice For NATO Mobile Voice And Text Communication
    Source : Our Bureau ~ Dated : Tuesday, June 9, 2015 @ 11:19 AMViews : 156 A- A A+

The NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency) is continuing its evaluation process of the SecuVOICE for BlackBerry 10 solution for potential use for NATO mobile voice and text communication following the solution being approved by the BSI for the NATO restricted security classification,

The evaluation includes equipping a select group of NATO and NCI Agency employees with the solution. The Blackberry OS 10 platform was approved by the NCI Agency for the NATO Restricted security classification back in October 2013. This approval also covers communication by email.

“We are delighted about the speed with which the decision was made to put SecuVOICE for BlackBerry 10 into practical use. More than anything, this highlights the urgent need for effective protection to ensure secure mobile communication. We see the use of our technology by NATO as a further milestone and a sign of the high level of trust being placed in our solution,” summarizes Hans-Christoph Quelle, CEO of Secusmart GmbH, a BlackBerry subsidiary.
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    06-09-15 08:53 AM
    OT (not)

Sign'O the times.
    Apple is launching ANDROID, WINDOWS apps for his new music streaming platform.
    Apple Unveils Apple Music; Coming to Mac, iOS, Windows, and Android

Agnostic, did you say agnostic ?
    Master Chen did it first. Apple will claim inovation again.
    No biggie, don't get your nerves about it. Only serves our purpose.
    And I like it.
    I'm not sure I see what you mean here. Windows does not equal Windows phone or Windows mobile it's desktop Windows only and iTunes has been available there for years now.

As to Android, there was already a Beats android app prior to the merger, Apple will just bring the extra functionality to the Android side.

There is no real changes from what been done previous to these new features coming out really, just the fact that they are updating the functionality here, so no need to claim innovation where that's concerned.

What I did find interesting is the ability for artists to interact with fans - did anyone else see that and think "BBM Channels"? I did.
    Superfly_FR, zyben and awindsr like this.
    06-09-15 09:07 AM
    As a stockholder I am surprised why BlackBerry hasnt released an android device? Wouldnt the passport or classic running android with extra security help sell phones and BES?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    06-09-15 09:08 AM
    OT. But not really.
    Blackberry is in quiet period.
    Negativity is in the air.
    Donkey is out again and kicking the $hit out of BlackBerry as usual. Should be reaching this thread any time soon. Stay calm.

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    06-09-15 09:22 AM
    Yes, there's a self-enroll/provisionning capability with AD.
    My point was actually the need for administratively seeding or better yet, just "pre-approving" BBM contacts to company users to eliminate the initial need to add a contact.

In a company setting, nothing hinders communication more than having to wait for a co-worker to accept your invitation to chat. Might as well call them.

That said, if BlackBerry starts touting BBM Protected as a solution, what are they going to do with BlackBerry Enterprise IM, the app that already integrates with desktop IM systems like Microsoft Lync, Microsoft office Communicator and IBM Sametime?

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    06-09-15 09:48 AM
    06-09-15 11:11 AM
    For anyone interested, some quotes from Jim Balsillie in this feed from his session at the Empire Club.

https://twitter.com/Empire_Club/

Video feed here: Empire Club of Canada - Jun 9 2015

EDIT: Seems to be about the new book about BB.
    06-09-15 12:29 PM
    As a stockholder I am surprised why BlackBerry hasnt released an android device? Wouldnt the passport or classic running android with extra security help sell phones and BES?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    BES is adding security to Android devices, furthermore with Samsung Knox and Google Android For Work.
    Going Android is going one step back for high grade and to end security.
    See BB10 as the ultimate level, while Android under BES is somehow "Android under security stero�ds".

Anyhow, BlackBerry can't compete on Android market right now. It'll be a lost battle. And Chen isn't a DOA guy ...
    06-09-15 12:31 PM
    My point was actually the need for administratively seeding or better yet, just "pre-approving" BBM contacts to company users to eliminate the initial need to add a contact.

In a company setting, nothing hinders communication more than having to wait for a co-worker to accept your invitation to chat. Might as well call them.

That said, if BlackBerry starts touting BBM Protected as a solution, what are they going to do with BlackBerry Enterprise IM, the app that already integrates with desktop IM systems like Microsoft Lync, Microsoft office Communicator and IBM Sametime?

Posted via CB10
    You need a precise answer. Therefore I asked pre-sales team some confirmations.
    Will be back with an appropriate answer ASAP.
    06-09-15 12:37 PM
    oh, it's been a while, let me please shout one GREEEEEEEEEENNNNN !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

It's Tuesday, Rock'n'Roll time for me, so ... see ya'll later gang !
    A / SF
    zyben, georg4BB, bungaboy and 9 others like this.
    06-09-15 12:39 PM
    Audi CEO Confronts Google?s Schmidt With Data-Protection Pledge - Bloomberg Business

Audi CEO Confronts Google�s Schmidt With Data-Protection Pledge

We see this a little differently in the German auto industry,On the Internet, cookies and other data collectors are almost common courtesy. But a car today is a second living room -- and that�s private.� Audi Chief Executive Officer Rupert Stadler said
    06-09-15 12:40 PM
113,251 ... 34003401340234033404 ...