View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    http://fortune.com/2015/06/03/tim-co...ampaign=buffer

Mr Cook attacking Google and Facebook on privacy??? Is this a joke?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 08:15 AM
    Also

QNX Leads New Phase of Digital Instrument Cluster Design for a Safer, More Enjoyable Drive (ccnm)

DETROIT, MICHIGAN--(Marketwired - June 3, 2015) - TU-Automotive Detroit, Booth C92 - QNX Software Systems Limited, a subsidiary of BlackBerry Limited, today demonstrated how QNX� OS technology provides a flexible and highly reliable platform for powering next-generation digital instrument clusters. According to a report from IHS Automotive, Automotive User Interfaces 2014, "digitalization of the modern car is progressing at breakneck speed, with research showing that more than 70 percent of cars will ship with a digital display in the instrument cluster by 2018."

The QNX booth at TU-Automotive Detroit features a "cluster innovation wall" that showcases the results of QNX OS technology integrated with user interface design tools from the industry's leading cluster software providers and members of the QNX automotive ecosystem, including 3D Incorporated's REMO HMI Runtime, Crank Software Inc.'s Storyboard Suite, DiSTI Corporation's GL Studio, Elektrobit's EB GUIDE and EB street director, HI Corporation's exbeans UI Conductor, and Rightware's Kanzi UI software. The pre-integration with a rich choice of partner tools enables Tier 1 suppliers and automakers to choose the user interface technologies and design approaches that best address their needs.

As more and more sensors are added to vehicles, next-generation digital instrument clusters will need the ability to deliver the right information at the right time to the driver. Clusters that can deliver context-aware data (such as a curve speed warning if the driver is nearing a sharp bend in the road) will allow drivers to experience a safer, more enjoyable drive. The QNX-powered virtual cockpit in the Audi TT is an example of how clusters can provide rich, situationally relevant presentation of infotainment and traditional driving information.

This evolution of digital instrument clusters requires powerful hardware and software solutions that can support high-level application environments and rich graphics while presenting critical information, such as telltales (engine warning lights or ABS indicators, for example), to the driver in a fast, predictable, and highly reliable fashion. The need to cleanly isolate critical from non-critical software functions in the same environment is driving the requirement for ISO 26262 certification of clusters. QNX OS technology, including the QNX OS for Automotive Safety, is ideally suited for environments where a combination of infotainment, advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) and safety-related information are displayed. Building a cluster with the ISO 26262 ASIL-D certified QNX OS for Automotive Safety can make it simpler to keep software functions isolated from each other and less expensive to certify the end cluster product.

"The digital instrument cluster is undergoing a major transformation as automakers and tier one suppliers work to achieve a better, more distinctive driving experience," said Andrew Poliak, director of global business development, QNX Software Systems. "When it comes to integrating critical and non-critical applications and information in a cluster environment, safety and security are top priorities. Moreover, one design does not fit all. The reliability and flexibility of QNX technology, coupled with our extensive partner ecosystem, allows customers to pick the cluster technology and supplier best-suited to their specific needs, including performance, customization, and upgradeability."

With software deployments in more than 50 million cars, QNX Software Systems is the premier software platform supplier for the automotive infotainment and telematics market. The company is extending its reach into the vehicle with products such as the QNX OS for Automotive Safety, which builds on the company's deep experience in safety-critical applications.
    06-03-15 08:17 AM
    man...seems to be alot of negative sentiment in here. It's making me a little worried.

I can't afford another stock tank!
    06-03-15 08:21 AM
    This week, at TU-Automotive Detroit 2015, QNX Software Systems will showcase its automotive solutions for infotainment systems, digital instrument clusters, and advanced driving assistance systems (ADAS), as well as BlackBerry's latest over-the-air (OTA) software update technology. Visit booth C92.
    This tech will also eventually translate into the Health Care World where they will have millions of "connected" devices !

Very critical to be able to offer IoT Secure Over-the-Air Updates from BlackBerry !!!

This story is getting juicier and juicier...

is IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, GE, VMware, any competitors, etc even offering this?
    06-03-15 09:09 AM
    This tech will also eventually translate into the Health Care World where they will have millions of "connected" devices !

Very critical to be able to offer IoT Secure Over-the-Air Updates from BlackBerry !!!

Great news. I'm happy to let the haters laugh while they can. BlackBerry will be back to eat the opposition. I'm not sure what's going to happen at ER, but if we take a hit, I'll be loading up on as much as I can reasonably afford. There will come a time when all the doubters will regret passing up on the chance...

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 09:19 AM

Didn't Ford announce that Microsoft was handling Ford's OTA updates?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 09:34 AM
    Press release from Marketwire

BlackBerry IoT Platform to Deliver New Automotive Experiences through Secure Over-the-Air Updates

Solution leverages BlackBerry's secure global network to help automakers reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction.

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

BlackBerry IoT Platform to Deliver New Automotive Experiences through Secure Over-the-Air Updates

09:00 EDT Wednesday, June 03, 2015

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - June 3, 2015) - Today, at TU-Automotive Detroit 2015, BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) is demonstrating its next-generation over-the-air (OTA) update solution, which will help automakers cut maintenance costs, reduce expensive recalls, improve customer satisfaction, and keep vehicles up to date with compelling new features long after they have rolled off the assembly line. The OTA update solution is part of the BlackBerry� IoT Platform and is designed to deliver secure, globally scalable update services for maintaining and enhancing the software in infotainment systems, telematics units, and other end-points in the vehicle.

Today's vehicles contain tens of millions of lines of software code, running on dozens of processors. Often, code must be updated to improve functionality, to fix issues, or to deliver new applications to infotainment systems. However, the conventional, reactive approach of physically updating vehicle software is costly, inconvenient, and time-consuming. The BlackBerry OTA solution can address these problems by leveraging an architecture based on a decade of software update expertise. BlackBerry has applied its proven experience in updating more than 100 million globally distributed devices to the unique hardware, operating system, and application needs of the automotive sector.

The new OTA update solution is hosted within BlackBerry's secure network and can scale to millions of vehicles, enabling automakers to cost effectively manage their worldwide fleets. It can also address the unique demands of each automaker, providing an OS-agnostic solution that can adapt to different vehicle electronic designs. As a result, automakers can address issues or add new features to enhance the customer experience, faster and at less cost.

"Offering over-the-air updates to automakers is a core capability of our IoT platform, and BlackBerry is doing it with the gold-standard security that the auto industry demands," said Steve West, Senior Director of Business Development for IoT, BlackBerry Technology Solutions. "Our infrastructure provides automakers with a hosted, global solution, built from years of technology and deployment know-how, that can lower costs and help them get to market faster. BlackBerry offers a unique combination of security, reliability, and scalability, and we have proven results, delivering tens of millions of updates per year in over 100 countries."

Demo at TU-Automotive Detroit

BlackBerry is demonstrating the OTA solution this week at TU-Automotive Detroit 2015, in the QNX Software Systems booth, C92. A customizable dashboard shows how an automaker can track software update data remotely, viewing progress by update package, individual vehicle, or any segment of the fleet, and diagnosing the type and frequency of update failures that have occurred.

For more information on the BlackBerry IoT Platform, visit blackberry.com/internet-of-things.
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    06-03-15 09:38 AM
    Like it. Love it. That's what future business is about. Give me the "agnostic everywhere".
    Also on CB : BlackBerry introduces new IoT platform to make automotive software updates easier | CrackBerry.com
    Cheers Gang and sorry to be quite away these times, I'm under heavy work pressure.

Bravo to the usual suspects for all the infos I grabbed in 15 minutes !
    06-03-15 09:49 AM
    man...seems to be alot of negative sentiment in here. It's making me a little worried.

I can't afford another stock tank!
    I was disappointed by the FUDsters since I was hoping they would spread enough fear for the SP to drop to $9. I had to settle for $9.60 yesterday before close. At least thanks to the shorts I have 200 extra free shares . I was also very worried with all the negative sentiment...lmfao

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 10:00 AM
    06-03-15 10:02 AM
    To add to yesterday's news for the big hospital, it looks like BlackBerry is cleaning up in its own back yard:

http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2015/0...chooses-bes12/

"Mackenzie Health chose BlackBerry BES12 as its EMM solution. Based in Southern Ontario, this regional healthcare provider serves a population of over half a million from seven locations and is currently overseeing construction of an eighth facility."

I can't wait for the day we hear "Hong's fabulous chain of hospitals in China chooses BES12 for their eleventy-million employees..."
    06-03-15 10:14 AM
    We already knew the value of Blackberry NOC for this use case. Saves automakers huge $ in service / on-site (dealer) upgrades. Would like to see a $50 per vehicle license (perpetual per vehicle) for QNX Infotainment + OTA upgrades. That would be $0.5B revenue per year for 10M vehicles.
    06-03-15 10:30 AM
    To add to someone's earlier snippet. CEO Tim from Apple sounds real nervous-like in his comments. I wonder why?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/2/871...ivacy-security

-------

... We now hand the mike to BlackBerry CEO John Chen for comment:

[Chen]: "Your sh!t ain't secure Tim."

(drops mike and performs an Arnold flex).
    06-03-15 10:31 AM
    To add to the previous news regarding QNX and IoT ...

BlackBerryOS.com - QNX/Certicom Join For Auto Software Security
    06-03-15 10:33 AM
    We already knew the value of Blackberry NOC for this use case. Saves automakers huge $ in service / on-site (dealer) upgrades. Would like to see a $50 per vehicle license (perpetual per vehicle) for QNX Infotainment + OTA upgrades. That would be $0.5B revenue per year for 10M vehicles.
    Agree! What was the last count 50 million? Even half would still be a good revenue stream.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    06-03-15 10:38 AM
    Just wanna know more about OTA update on automobile. At this moment, is Tesla the only car maker that can provide OTA updates to its vehicles? Can QNX help to narrow the technology gap between general car makers and Tesla?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 10:39 AM
    Just wanna know more about OTA update on automobile. At this moment, is Tesla the only car maker that can provide OTA updates to its vehicles? Can QNX help to narrow the technology gap between general car makers and Tesla?

Posted via CB10
    80M vehicles sold per year. We are moving to a world where infotainment systems will be put in a very high percentage of those vehicles. I think 10M is a pretty easy number to hit. If QNX gets put in 25%, that is 20M. It will all depend on the license per vehicle for software and OTA upgrades. This is why Chen is excited about next year...I think the 'old' QNX contracts are expiring and he can start charging a reasonable amount of $ for QNX auto + OTA. Huge revenue potential!
    06-03-15 10:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    What does tesla uses?

#BBFactCheck
    06-03-15 10:44 AM
    What does tesla uses?

#BBFactCheck
    Should be self built software with Linux as the middleware

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 10:47 AM
    To add to the previous news regarding QNX and IoT ...

BlackBerryOS.com - QNX/Certicom Join For Auto Software Security

Man, Sierra Wireless and BlackBerry will partner soon, or I'll eat a bug.
    This fit would be fantastic!

http://www.finances.com/company-news...ected-cars.htm
    06-03-15 10:50 AM
    Man, Sierra Wireless and BlackBerry will partner soon, or I'll eat a bug.
    This fit would be fantastic!

Sierra Wireless and PSA Peugeot Citro"en Collaborate to Deliver New Applications and Services to Connected Cars - Finances
    I'd like to see that.
    06-03-15 11:09 AM
    Thanks a lot for this piece of joy !

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, bungaboy, kadakn01 and 2 others like this.
    06-03-15 11:21 AM
    Bravo to the usual suspects for all the infos I grabbed in 15 minutes !
    Could not have said it better.

This thread and contributors are the ultimate.

Not going to single anyone out (because wouldn't know where to start!) ...nor thank or like every post (because that is what I really want to do).

so....

Thank you .....

......for creating this thread, for those that make "positive" posts, for the amazing links (both on and off topic), for those with the insightful analytics, for those with the comic relief and everything in between !!!
    06-03-15 11:32 AM
    Could not have said it better.

This thread and contributors are the ultimate.

Not going to single anyone out (because wouldn't know where to start!) ...nor thank or like every post (because that is what I really want to do).

so....

Thank you .....

......for creating this thread, for those that make "positive" posts, for the amazing links (both on and off topic), for those with the insightful analytics, for those with the comic relief and everything in between !!!
    Nicely written! All what you have said!!!!!
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    06-03-15 12:10 PM
    OT: HAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Thanks M8!!
    jxnb, sidhuk, morganplus8 and 9 others like this.
    06-03-15 01:53 PM
113,256 ... 33953396339733983399 ...