View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    "In our hyper-digital world, people constantly struggle to be physically present in their environment while maintaining a digital connection," said Levi Straus's head of global product innovation Paul Dillinger, who took part in a Google presentation at the gathering.

"The work that Google and Levi's are embarking upon with Project Jacquard delivers an entirely new value to consumers with apparel that is emotional, aspirational and functional."

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but no. I thought "hyper" anything other than hyper drive and hyper space was a bad thing. People don't seem to have a problem being physically present in their environment, unless they are playing a virtual reality game or Second Life if that's still around. In our "hyper-digital" world I think people need to figure out how to be both physically and MENTALLY present in their environment.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-30-15 07:08 PM
    Yeah, I know, but Chen himself just said that the hardware to software split at the moment was 80/20. If we believe him, and why wouldn't we, you start to see where all these low valuations are coming from...

Posted via CB10
    Well we could speculate forever at this point, but what keeps my britches from bunching up right now is the simple fact of who is investing in this 'dead dog' of a tech company. Plus, one does not have to go past the point of all the big players who have 'blindly' invested, if you listen to the 'experts'. Let's not forget that Google, Apple, Samsung, LG, and a barrage of car manufacturers, etc. must all be nuts too for calling BlackBerry HQ to purchase their wares.

At the end of the day you would have to come to the conclusion that if these big-gunned competitors could easily squish BlackBerry, they would have fought over who got the first stomp; but it isn't happening.
    05-31-15 01:16 AM
    OT. HALO data from ASCO looking good...

https://mobile.twitter.com/PDRennert...31860423524352
    05-31-15 10:39 AM
    Tweet from BBM 2 days ago.

I believe this might be the "BBM conversation with anyone, anywhere" feature.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150531_114226_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 10:45 AM
    Think it may be to edit sent messages.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 11:00 AM
    OT. HALO data from ASCO looking good...

https://mobile.twitter.com/PDRennert...31860423524352
    Ot: for Morgan and friends

Hope you don't mind Take99, just to ad to your post.

Halozyme Phase 2 Clinical Study Of Investigational Drug PEGPH20 Shows Doubling Of Progression-free Survival And Improvement Trend In Overall Survival In High HA Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer Patients (prnews)

Encouraging Reduction In Thromboembolic Events Following Protocol Amendment

SAN DIEGO, May 31, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: HALO), a biotechnology company developing novel oncology and drug-delivery therapies, today announced interim findings from the ongoing phase 2 clinical study of its investigational new drug PEGPH20 for the potential treatment of patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer.

The encouraging interim data was presented today at the American Society of Clinical Oncology annual meeting in an oral presentation by Principal Investigator Sunil Hingorani, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Member of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Associate Professor at University of Washington School of Medicine.

The trial included 135 treated patients in stage 1, of whom a total of 44 patients -- 23 receiving*PEGPH20 in combination with* ABRAXANE� and gemcitabine*(PAG treatment arm)*and 21 receiving ABRAXANE*and gemcitabine alone*(AG treatment arm) -- had available biopsies that were determined in a retrospective analysis to have high levels of hyaluronan (HA).*PEGPH20 targets HA to help improve cancer therapy access to tumor cells. Results reported include:**

A more than doubling of median progression-free survival of 9.2 months versus 4.3 months in high HA patients treated with PAG vs. AG (hazard ratio of 0.39; p-value of 0.05);
    A more than doubling of overall response rate of 52 percent versus 24 percent (p-value of 0.038) and a duration of response of 8.1 months compared to 3.7 months in high HA patients treated with PAG versus AG;
    In the 30 high HA patients (15 PAG treatment arm versus 15 AG treatment arm) who were evaluated for response prior to the April 2014 clinical hold and subsequent PEGPH20 treatment discontinuation, the overall response rate was 73 percent versus 27 percent (p-value of 0.01), respectively, consistent with findings presented in January;
    A trend toward improvement in median overall survival of 12 months compared to 9 months in high HA patients treated with PAG versus AG (hazard ratio of 0.62) despite discontinuation of PEGPH20 in more than half of the PAG-treated patients at the time of the clinical hold in April 2014.
    Data was also presented on the rate of thromboembolic (TE) events in 55 patients treated in stage 2 of the trial, which is currently randomizing patients at a 2:1 ratio of PAG versus AG. Stage 2 began after a protocol amendment in July 2014, excluding patients at high risk of TE events and adding prophylaxis with low molecular weight heparin (enoxaparin) to all patients in both treatment arms. Reported results included:

A TE event rate of 13 percent in 38 patients treated with PAG versus 18 percent in 17 patients receiving AG;
    In the 20 PAG patients receiving 1 mg/kg/day of enoxaparin, no TE events have been reported to date.
    "The interim results from the ongoing study are very encouraging," said Dr. Hingorani. "We have a high unmet need in pancreas cancer and the trend we observed toward longer survival rates and the slowing of disease progression are noteworthy in a cancer that has seen very few therapeutic developments in the past several years."

"We remain very encouraged by the interim data presented today from our ongoing phase 2 study, including the positive trend in overall survival, and we continue to plan for the first-quarter 2016 initiation of our phase 3 study," said Dr. Athena Countouriotis, senior vice president and chief medical officer.

HA is a glycosaminoglycan ? or chain of natural sugars throughout the body ? that can accumulate around cancer cells inhibiting other therapies. PEGPH20 is designed to degrade HA to improve the access to tumor cells for chemotherapy, monoclonal antibodies and other immuno-therapy agents.

Halozyme previously announced it plans to proceed in Q1 2016 with a phase 3 clinical study (Study 301) of PEGPH20 in patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer, using a design allowing for potential marketing application based on either progression-free survival or overall survival.*The use of progression-free survival as the basis for marketing approval will be subject to the overall benefit and risk profile associated with PEGPH20 combined with ABRAXANE and gemcitabine therapy, including the:

Magnitude of the progression-free survival treatment effect observed;
    Toxicity profile;*and
    Interim overall survival data.
    About Study 202Study 202 (Halo 109-202) is a phase 2 multi-center, randomized clinical trial evaluating investigational new drug PEGPH20 as a first-line therapy for potential treatment of patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer. The primary outcome of the trial is to measure improvement in progression-free survival in patients receiving investigational new drug PEGPH20 in combination with gemcitabine and nab-paclitaxel compared to gemcitabine and nab-paclitaxel alone. A second primary endpoint will assess the thromboembolic event rate in the PEGPH20 treatment arm. Secondary endpoints also include objective response rate and overall survival. More information may be found at: http://oncologytrials.halozyme.com/pancreatic/
    About PEGPH20PEGPH20 is an investigational PEGylated form of Halozyme's proprietary recombinant human hyaluronidase under clinical development for the potential systemic treatment of tumors that accumulate hyaluronan.

FDA granted orphan drug designation to PEGPH20 for treatment of pancreatic cancer and fast track for PEGPH20 in combination with gemcitabine and nab-paclitaxel for the treatment of metastatic pancreatic cancer. Additionally, the European Commission, acting on the recommendation from the Committee for Orphan Medicinal Products of the European Medicines Agency, designated investigational drug PEGPH20 an orphan medicinal product for the treatment of pancreatic cancer.
    05-31-15 01:19 PM
    I hope it's not going to be another separate thing to pay for

Posted via CB10
    Don't buy it then Molly!
    05-31-15 03:32 PM
    I think it's going to be bad. Chen 's speech in Waterloo was his signal that it's not good.

Going forward I think they need to invest in marketing before they give up. It's in the shareholders' best interests to try to make it work.

Also, I think Chen should push the Canadian government for more support. Even the U.S. bailed out key industries. Canada needs bbry, and governments rely on bbry for security.

Also, there is a fairness reason for Canada to stand behind bbry. If they block the sale of the company to foreign companies they owe the shareholders something. You can't block a sale and offer nothing in return. This discourages people from investing in Canadian companies.

If Canada says it's standing behind bbry it will have a very positive effect on public perception.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    05-31-15 04:25 PM
    I think it's going to be bad. Chen 's speech in Waterloo was his signal that it's not good.

Going forward I think they need to invest in marketing before they give up. It's in the shareholders' best interests to try to make it work.

Also, I think Chen should push the Canadian government for more support. Even the U.S. bailed out key industries. Canada needs bbry, and governments rely on bbry for security.

Also, there is a fairness reason for Canada to stand behind bbry. If they block the sale of the company to foreign companies they owe the shareholders something. You can't block a sale and offer nothing in return. This discourages people from investing in Canadian companies.

If Canada says it's standing behind bbry it will have a very positive effect on public perception.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Based on JC's recent talks, I am expecting bad news. Which is why my prediction is under $500m revenue, $470m ish.

JC used to say we are a quarter ahead. But now he says we are only half way through. Reading between the lines, I am expecting significant dip for another couple of quarters.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 05:38 PM
    In my mind what's sad is a devious under bridge dweller who takes gleeful pleasure from the disruption of civil like-minded discussion. Nothing sadder really.

Classically Posted.
    05-31-15 05:44 PM
    When is the next quarter results due?
    05-31-15 06:20 PM
    27th

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 06:24 PM
    Ha ha, here's an unbelievable story about the Avatar I use: I was hooked on Yahoo Answers for a while a long time ago, there were so many questions being posted concerning EVERY topic under the Sun, so I would axe and answer questions for several hours and I came across one dude who used the Avatar that I'm using, and he posted some funny stuff. So, I adopted his persona AND his Avatar because people find it amusing, and they think I'm a complete *****. Fast Forward about 10 years and it was about 1 month ago that I found the ACTUAL human being behind the Avatar! Meaning him in person! Imagine you're on the web for 10 years and suddenly (like a game of Hide 'N Seek) you find the actual photograph of the individual! And he's actually posting on some blog, and I just happened to come across him! I laughed till my sides hurt.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-31-15 06:53 PM
    In my mind what's sad is a devious under bridge dweller who takes gleeful pleasure from the disruption of civil like-minded discussion. Nothing sadder really.

Classically Posted.
    Well written Shanerredflag!
    05-31-15 07:18 PM
    Hi guy,

There isn't much to report here, the stock is moving within a tight range, seems to find it difficult to get above $ 10.50 and hold it lately.

Attachment 355252

I'm looking for a typical pull-back here so we should hit our low on Monday. We haven't heard any news to drive the stock and Friday was the end of a quarter for Funds. I look for us to hold $ 9.75/shr and base for a couple of days and find an excuse to pop from there. The only trading that I'm doing these days is with HALO, I own everything I want to own for June now. The stock seems to reverse direction before it gets over-bought or over-sold so I think we will reverse soon. That's it!
    Thanks M+8. I found one of your old charts that I took a screen shot . Looks like we are still in this trading pattern .

Attachment 355393
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150329_224907.png  
    Last edited by notafanofyou; 06-01-15 at 06:19 AM.
    05-31-15 09:31 PM
    I believe ER is on 23 June? On a Tuesday.. along with the Annual Investor Meeting? Expecting some big moves ... :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 04:23 AM
    I believe ER is on 23 June? On a Tuesday.. along with the Annual Investor Meeting? Expecting some big moves ... :-)

Posted via CB10
    Correct. http://ca.blackberry.com/company/investors/events.html

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    06-01-15 06:23 AM
    Blackberry and Typo agree to settlement via Benziga.
    bungaboy, zyben and Corbu like this.
    06-01-15 07:02 AM
    Blackberry and Typo agree to settlement via Benziga.
    Right.
    BlackBerry and Typo Agree to Settlement

BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSX:BB), a global leader in mobile communications, announced today that BlackBerry and Typo Products LLC, Typo Innovations LLC, Show Media LLC, Hallier Investments LLC, and Laurence Hallier have settled their outstanding legal disputes, including BlackBerry Limited v. Typo Products LLC et al. (Case No. 3:14-cv-00023-WHO) and BlackBerry Limited v. Typo Products LLC et al. (Case No. 3:15-cv-00715-WHO), both pending in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.

As part of the settlement, Typo Products LLC, Typo Innovations LLC, Show Media LLC, Hallier Investments LLC, and Laurence Hallier have agreed to permanently discontinue selling anywhere in the world keyboards for smartphones and mobile devices with a screen size of less than 7.9 inches. Typo Products LLC, Typo Innovations LLC, Show Media LLC, Hallier Investments LLC, and Laurence Hallier may continue to sell keyboards for devices with a screen size of 7.9 inches or larger. Other terms of the settlement are confidential.
    bungaboy, georg4BB, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    06-01-15 07:09 AM
    Good morning Corbu and thank you!
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    06-01-15 07:10 AM
    Navy bidding adieu to BlackBerry - FederalNewsRadio.com

After having served as the staple for mobile communications within the Navy for a dozen years, the venerable BlackBerry is finally on its way out.

In a message to the fleet earlier this month, the Navy Department's CIO told local commands they need to begin transitioning their users to other devices as quickly as possible as the service's relationship with the Canadian-based company nears its end of life while also offering sample contract language for wireless carrier agreements. Like most of the rest of the world, the Navy is transitioning to Android and Apple-based smartphones and tablets, although the Apple products are the only new devices authorized for now.

To handle security, the Navy is using software containers designed by Good Technology. Installed on each phone, they'll store government information and applications inside a secure, segregated partition of the device, and users will be able to handle personal information, email and apps on the same device outside the virtual container. The devices won't make use of DoD's common access cards for PKI authentication, but Navy policy mandates that Apple's Touch ID fingerprint feature be enabled for two-factor authentication along with passwords of at least eight characters to get into the secure container.

Navy officials say they've rigged their Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) with enough capacity to handle 15,000 Apple and Android devices for now and expect to expand that to 30,000 by this summer, enough to handle the service's current population of BlackBerry users.

Apple's iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus smartphones and the iPad Air and iPad Air 2 are authorized on NMCI as of now; the Navy says it plans to add support for various Android devices later this year.
    bungaboy, rarsen, kadakn01 and 5 others like this.
    06-01-15 07:16 AM
    OT:

PM

HALO

Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. $ 18.30 0.95 ▲ 5.48% 10,033
    bungaboy, q649, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    06-01-15 07:23 AM
    OT HALO.

Wow, I missed the boat and didn't re-purchase after selling near $17....
    06-01-15 07:33 AM
    Navy bidding adieu to BlackBerry [/url]

Now let's wait until they get hacked and see how fast they come back.

And people wonder why BlackBerry isn't bothering to waste marketing dollars in USA ......

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, zyben and morganplus8 like this.
    06-01-15 08:03 AM
    OT: David's Tea I just read is IPO on Wednesday 14$ price range. Anyone looking at this?
    06-01-15 08:13 AM
113,256 ... 33913392339333943395 ...