View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Received the approval to start studying for the Series 66 now!!! #Masterplan

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    05-27-15 03:55 PM
    More than 'in a way'
    http://www.cnet.com/news/chevy-rolli...-in-14-models/

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 04:41 PM
    More than 'in a way'

Posted via CB10
    I'm happy to read the below quote.

"While each technology offers functions such as text messaging, navigation, music and apps, they are limited to voice and touch control so as to be safer in an automotive environment. Apple and Google will severely restrict the types of apps that can be used while driving."
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-27-15 05:31 PM
    Updated weekly chart showing weekly closes

From the highs of Jan 2013 of around $18 and the lows of about $5 in Dec 2013 and on the weekly close.
    What is interesting is we broke out range about 2 weeks ago, actually closing above it, and testing it now

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150527_161943.jpg  
    Last edited by kadakn01; 05-28-15 at 12:57 AM.
    05-27-15 06:25 PM
    OT: PSDV

Morgan, could you share your thoughts on PSDV with the weaker than expected quarter results and the recent Zacks downgrade to "sell"? Is this a good time to buy? Much appreciated.
    05-27-15 07:10 PM
    More than 'in a way'

Posted via CB10
    And that pretty much guarantees that I'll be replacing my F150 with another. Was considering Silverado but not now ! I just don't trust those companies to keep my veh safe !!!!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-27-15 07:10 PM
    Sierra Wireless (SWIR) seems like such a good fit for BlackBerry.
    I would like to hear comments from the gang if I could ask; special hail Mary request to M8, if available(?)

Edit: I just saw this moments after posting:

http://www.google.com/gwt/x?u=https:...d-you-buy-too/

This guy apparently is a big investor in Sierra Wireless too. Now I feel a bit more confident in my recent buy-in.

Thoughts?
    05-27-15 07:26 PM
    And that pretty much guarantees that I'll be replacing my F150 with another. Was considering Silverado but not now ! I just don't trust those companies to keep my veh safe !!!!

Posted via CB10
    I think both Android and Apple are layered over top of QNX for in car.

05-27-15 07:30 PM
    Sierra Wireless (SWIR) seems like such a good fit for BlackBerry.
    I would like to hear comments from the gang if I could ask; special hail Mary request to M8, if available(?)

Edit: I just saw this moments after posting:

http://www.google.com/gwt/x?u=https:...d-you-buy-too/

This guy apparently is a big investor in Sierra Wireless too. Now I feel a bit more confident in my recent buy-in.

Thoughts?
    Thinking of adding this week too. If it dips a bit further, I'll try it out.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    05-27-15 08:05 PM
    Even in the GMC/Chev models ? Would expect something like that to be in the article I thought GP used the Linux based CUE and Just used QNX for on star.

Edit: A little research and I found this http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyLink

Appears that you are correct. Good to hear still disappointed that wasn't mentioned in article tho. Typical hate for anything BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 05-28-15 at 06:49 AM.
    rarsen, jxnb, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-28-15 04:22 AM
    Shhh... don't tell anything. I'm raving car play and android auto. The most they get used the most QNX (not alone though) will grab $$. As of date, there's no reason to 'reveal' the low level QNX auto. Both automakers and SW companies want the laurels : perfect. Let them promote it as h3ll and keep BlackBerry's subsidiary under the hood !
    Remember MSFT and Android royalties ? let's do the same !

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 06:33 AM
    Shhh... don't tell anything. I'm raving car play and android auto. The most they get used the most QNX (not alone though) will grab $$. As of date, there's no reason to 'reveal' the low level QNX auto. Both automakers and SW companies want the laurels : perfect. Let them promote it as h3ll and keep BlackBerry's subsidiary under the hood !

Posted via CB10
    The thing with all these new Apple and android skins, as I understand them, they are apps over the main system. Which means that unless you switch to the skin to emulate the device, your operating from the QNX skin. If any of these companies make that base system as friendly as uConnect (as example), no one will want to run their apple and android skins. ... at least not after the novelty wears off.

I also see car companies struggling with this when updates come through. Will the base system support future OS updates? This is where it's good to not say who the base system is (which is why BlackBerry might be staying mum onbit). I can see issues the very first time apple or android push and update and a whole host of bugs pop up

CDM76, bungaboy, zyben and 1 others like this.
    05-28-15 06:49 AM
    Morgan, sorry for the overload in questions.. but, I've given your latest post on a dividend pay-out some thought.

I'd personally like to see JC do a +-1 billion dollar acquisition if there's a good opportunity.

But, wouldn't you think that BlackBerry is a more interesting target with 3,2 billion dollars in cash in the bank rather than just having done a big acquisition, reducing their cash in the bank, even more integration work/unknowns/risks for a suitor a la Microsoft?

What interests me more is how JC deals with these rumour if the above is true. Would he hold off on a big acquisition or will he go ahead and let Microsoft/Investment bankers play catch up?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 07:12 AM
    Morgan, sorry for the overload in questions.. but, I've given your latest post on a dividend pay-out some thought.

I'd personally like to see JC do a +-1 billion dollar acquisition if there's a good opportunity.

But, wouldn't you think that BlackBerry is a more interesting target with 3,2 billion dollars in cash in the bank rather than just having done a big acquisition, reducing their cash in the bank, even more integration work/unknowns/risks for a suitor a la Microsoft?

What interests me more is how JC deals with these rumour if the above is true. Would he hold off on a big acquisition or will he go ahead and let Microsoft/Investment bankers play catch up?

Posted via CB10
    In my opinion I say no less than 30 billions acquisition from anyone. Have a look at whatsapp valuations. It went from 1billion to 19 billions.

#BBFactCheck
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    05-28-15 07:32 AM
    HALO new highs in PM, should be an interesting day
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 3MIKE like this.
    05-28-15 07:36 AM
    Does everyone remember Hypervisor. If not here is a little paragraph about it.

The QNX� Hypervisor is a realtime Type 1 virtualization solution for connected embedded systems. By using the QNX Hypervisor, embedded developers can consolidate multiple operating systems ("guests") onto a single compute platform or system-on-a-chip (SoC) to reduce the cost, size, weight and power of their system designs while maintaining clean separation and isolation of critical and non-critical applications.
    05-28-15 07:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Can anyone tell me why, especially considering that it's QNX UNDER it all, why the heck there is no "BlackBerry Auto" or some kind of equivalent? As you see from the articles previously posted, plugging in a smartphone from Apple or an Android manufacturer, lights up the Car Play or Android Auto interface. Why does not plugging in a Passport of Classic light up the BlackBerry equivalent???

This is a marketing disaster IMHO and I've been saying it for a long time. It perpetuates the myth that there are "only" two players in the smartphone market when folks go into a dealership and see the marketing saying that the system supports only these 2. Its the same as when you see apps advertised and they say "Get it in the Play Store or App Store" with no mention of BlackBerry World or whatever Microsoft is using these days. It perpetuates the "there are no BlackBerry apps" story. BlackBerry has never understood this to this day.

Again IMHO BlackBerry could give away "gratis" to anyone who buys the base QNX package, the built in BlackBerry support for their equivalent to Car Play/Android Auto and just ask them to include it in the "Chevy blah blah blah supports Car Play, Android Auto and BlackBerry Car 2" for example, 3 logos instead of 2. This has to change!
    05-28-15 07:57 AM
    Does everyone remember Hypervisor. If not here is a little paragraph about it.

The QNX� Hypervisor is a realtime Type 1 virtualization solution for connected embedded systems. By using the QNX Hypervisor, embedded developers can consolidate multiple operating systems ("guests") onto a single compute platform or system-on-a-chip (SoC) to reduce the cost, size, weight and power of their system designs while maintaining clean separation and isolation of critical and non-critical applications.
    Okay....... do you have a point ?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 07:59 AM
    Okay....... do you have a point ?

Posted via CB10
    No .... I have no point!
    CDM76 and awindsr like this.
    05-28-15 08:03 AM
    OT but Safety related.
    http://bgr.com/2015/05/28/apple-watc...t-120-dollars/

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    05-28-15 08:08 AM
    Can anyone tell me why, especially considering that it's QNX UNDER it all, why the heck there is no "BlackBerry Auto" or some kind of equivalent? As you see from the articles previously posted, plugging in a smartphone from Apple or an Android manufacturer, lights up the Car Play or Android Auto interface. Why does not plugging in a Passport of Classic light up the BlackBerry equivalent???

This is a marketing disaster IMHO and I've been saying it for a long time. It perpetuates the myth that there are "only" two players in the smartphone market when folks go into a dealership and see the marketing saying that the system supports only these 2. Its the same as when you see apps advertised and they say "Get it in the Play Store or App Store" with no mention of BlackBerry World or whatever Microsoft is using these days. It perpetuates the "there are no BlackBerry apps" story. BlackBerry has never understood this to this day.

Again IMHO BlackBerry could give away "gratis" to anyone who buys the base QNX package, the built in BlackBerry support for their equivalent to Car Play/Android Auto and just ask them to include it in the "Chevy blah blah blah supports Car Play, Android Auto and BlackBerry Car 2" for example, 3 logos instead of 2. This has to change!
    We all agree that QNX does not have the profile or the recognition that it deserves and should have. I do not recall ever reading a proper explanation for that predicament.

I do not have the answer but could it be that this present situation is the result of BlackBerry's poor monetization strategy of its software assets in the past? Go back to JC's talk with the Kitchener of Commerce. he mentions two specific cases, Certicom and QNX, and recognizes that it was not in the company's culture to properly sell its software and license its knowhow. I suspect the agreements that were signed at that time are far too generous and such that BlackBerry does not get the revenues or the recognition (� la "QNX Inside") it deserves for things such as ECC and QNX's RTOS. JC recognizes that he can't go back and change that, obviously. I would think that things will change in the future, in the Medical IoT field, for example (NantHealth) as well as in each and every licensing agreement JC will sell. Put it this way, if those ECC and QNX licenses were to be signed today, I think things would be considerably different.

Cheers,
    05-28-15 08:34 AM
    @Corbu I agree with what you offered there in your reply and I am certain that the problem lies in a lack of leverage on the part of BlackBerry with the automakers. Perhaps over time, as the auto companies come to rely on QNX, the relationships will mature and can be leveraged better. I am just disappointed that there isn't the chance to take this advantage and use it in a way that would market BlackBerry phones better.

I truly believe that these subliminal messages, only 2 app stores, only 2 car platforms, over time just reinforces the stereotypes we all despise here. There has to be a change to the message over time.
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    05-28-15 08:42 AM
    I just posted in the Armchair CEO forum, under the thread regarding the book that just came out "Losing the signal..." that I am reading it - in fact listening to it on Audible on my commute. I know what folks think here of the authors and I don't know them well enough to offer anything up.

I will say this about the book. The "Rise" section of the book is bringing back to me a lot of memories about my early BlackBerry phones and why there were spectacular innovations at the time. I've been with BlackBerry since the 7520 and have had just about every major release since then (I opted for the 9800/9810 because I wanted the bigger screen, in retrospect I wished I had gone with the 9900 but AT&T was slow to offer it), and have owned the Z10, Q10, Z30 and Passport. My point in all of that is that I know what makes BlackBerry special and knew it from the moment I first played with the 7520. We all have a favorite BlackBerry and mine was the 9700. I remember a trip to South America, I was in Colombia on a farm and conducting business on my 9700. I had up to the moment coffee prices from the NY exchange, up to date email and instant messaging standing on a farm in the middle of no where it was my OMG moment with a BlackBerry. I tell that story all the time.

My point with this post is I have heard a lot of negativity surrounding the book. Because it supports the story line current being floated that BlackBerry made some real blunders (I'm just about to that section of the book now), and all of the excerpts were surrounding that, we forget about the real triumphs made by Mike and Jim early on. This book has a lot of that in there and it's brought back some great memories to me.
    05-28-15 08:56 AM
    05-28-15 09:11 AM
    No .... I have no point!
    I'll give you one "AttaBoy". LoL
    05-28-15 10:22 AM
113,256 ... 33863387338833893390 ...