Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    We need to interrupt the regular scheduled content for a brief message:
    GO TAMPA

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tampabaylightning.jpg

(looking at you Bunga)

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, Corbu and awindsr like this.
    05-26-15 06:57 PM
    Sorry for the sound guys. It gets better around the 4 minute mark.

Secusmart Dr. Christoph Erdmann takes us hands-on with the new BlackBerry SecuTablet at CeBIT.
    Hands-on with the BlackBerry secure Samsung tablet at CeBIT 2015
    05-26-15 07:00 PM
    Just Aced the Series 7 Exam!! Thanks for all the support guys!!!

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    05-26-15 07:11 PM
    Well done, ZayDub!

We never doubted for a moment you would make it!
    05-26-15 07:13 PM
    Well I believe it's the auditors (Deloitte, KPMG, E&Y,...) whom do the auditing.. they also audit (investment) banks. Pretty laughable how fast people forget our latest financial crisis. And yes, I'm aware the auditors screwed up too with their credit ratings.

Posted via CB10
    OT: Credit ratings agencies issue credit ratings...They're the ones that contributed to the financial crisis by mis-rating obvious garbage mortgage backed securities as A-grade whenever they were insured (and nobody checked on the insurers). The auditors weren't the problem here...in fact the FASB bowed to political pressure (likely coming directly from the White House) to change the mark to market accounting rules to allow financial institutions to basically mark their assets at whatever their 'model' says, in order to meet their required capital ratios and hide the problems. Auditors may have been complicit in helping to cook the books of individual corporate clients before this crisis (Enron, for example), but they're not responsible for what happened to the entire financial system, either before or after...it's much bigger...the regulators are mainly responsible, and you and I vote in the legislators who ultimately make and oversee the rules, and appoint or hire the regulators. In the US, those same legislators get major campaign funds from the financial sector as well as major tech companies. So there you have it.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 07:18 PM
    Sorry for the sound guys. It gets better around the 4 minute mark.

Hands-on with the BlackBerry secure Samsung tablet at CeBIT 2015
    Great post Corbu...I smell business venture, wrap them apps

Classically Posted.
    Corbu, 3MIKE, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    05-26-15 07:21 PM
    In the JC video with the chamber of commerce, he notes that the ECC patent will be expiring next year, quite disappointing, another case of BlackBerry holding something in their hand of cards, not monetizing it well and losing the competitive advantage. Sad times..

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 07:22 PM
    Just Aced the Series 7 Exam!! Thanks for all the support guys!!!

Congratulations sir...well done!!

Classically Posted.
    Corbu, bungaboy and ZayDub like this.
    05-26-15 07:22 PM
    In the JC video with the chamber of commerce, he notes that the ECC patent will be expiring next year, quite disappointing, another case of BlackBerry holding something in their hand of cards, not monetizing it well and losing the competitive advantage. Sad times..

Posted via CB10
    Please show evidence of your personal bank account over the past five quarters...did it grow as much as BlackBerry's ???
    Honest question.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, Corbu and Mr BBRY like this.
    05-26-15 07:25 PM
    Canadian dollar dropped 1% so BlackBerry trading in the green on TSX while on Nasdaq is in the red. lol

Posted via CB10
    Also traded on tsx during Memorial Day, so only partly due to fx

Posted via CB10
    q649 likes this.
    05-26-15 07:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    I bought an Apple Watch and to my shock and horror the POS didn't work right...apps crashed, NFC tags gagged, bar codes wouldn't scan...world's largest company (by $$$) and the late launch gadget is crap....just sayin.

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, ibpluto, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    05-26-15 07:30 PM
    I bought an Apple Watch and to my shock and horror the POS didn't work right...apps crashed, NFC tags gagged, bar codes wouldn't scan...world's largest company (by $$$) and the late launch gadget is crap....just sayin.

Classically Posted.
    I have no idea how your point is relevant to my point.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 07:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's not really...but I have asked a few times for you to explain your point...not trying to be rude, but you felt strongly enough to post it (twice)...surely you have thoughts on how it could have been done better?

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, ibpluto, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    05-26-15 08:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think he made his point quite clear. You not so much

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, sidhuk, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    05-26-15 08:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    What's sad, is you posting the same stuff multiple times on CB.
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    05-26-15 08:53 PM
    Thanks Corbu, Shane et al! I'm having a few cold ones right now and decompressing! Ttyl! Thanks again!

05-26-15 09:02 PM
    More evidence of Chens continued software focus

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    05-26-15 09:17 PM
    More evidence of Chens continued software focus

Posted via CB10
    LOL

Classically Posted.
    awindsr likes this.
    05-26-15 09:24 PM
    It's not really...but I have asked a few times for you to explain your point...not trying to be rude, but you felt strongly enough to post it (twice)...surely you have thoughts on how it could have been done better?

Classically Posted.
    Ummm... monetize it!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 09:24 PM
    So I tripped over some dog poo this morning in the form of a "BlackBerry is history" article, but when I looked up the genius who laid the excrement, I got this:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150526_190235_edit.png

No further questions here. Don't bother with the link click.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 05-26-15 at 09:48 PM.
    05-26-15 09:31 PM
    Ummm... monetize it!

Posted via CB10
    Umm...explain how !

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    05-26-15 09:43 PM
    Ummm... monetize it!

Posted via CB10
    Wow man. You do know that this tech is built into the services they sell right? I do believe they make money on this no? This would be considered monetization I think.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    05-26-15 09:45 PM
    Neevermind
    Last edited by KenFletch; 05-26-15 at 10:59 PM.
    05-26-15 10:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's going to definitely change under Chen though. During that conversation with the Chamber of Commerce, Chen noted that Jim and Mike were so focused on hardware they didn't monetize ECC well and they cut Certicom's R&D. That said, even if RIM charged market rates for ECC, much of that would've been recognized years ago.

Chen comes from a software background. He gets how software is/should be licensed. Today, Chen is trying to monetize it better, but with so little time left on the ECC patent, he isn't going to be able to do or get much.

Let�s hope that QNX didn't license the Car2 platform for peanuts. Unfortunately they may have since Car 2.0 was in development by the end of the Mike & Jim era and came out during the Thorsten Heins era. From Chen's comments, it really sounds like Mike/Jim/Thorsten were all hardware and they didn't "get" software sales.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, bungaboy, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    05-26-15 10:23 PM
    That's going to definitely change under Chen though. During that conversation with the Chamber of Commerce, Chen noted that Jim and Mike were so focused on hardware they didn't monetize ECC well and they cut Certicom's R&D. That said, even if RIM charged market rates for ECC, much of that would've been recognized years ago.

Chen comes from a software background. He gets how software is/should be licensed. Today, Chen is trying to monetize it better, but with so little time left on the ECC patent, he isn't going to be able to do or get much.

Let�s hope that QNX didn't license the Car2 platform for peanuts. Unfortunately they may have since Car 2.0 was in development by the end of the Mike & Jim era and came out during the Thorsten Heins era. From Chen's comments, it really sounds like Mike/Jim/Thorsten were all hardware and they didn't "get" software sales.

Posted via CB10
    The corporate focus has always been security. While poorly managed for years, there's no denying the business model has always placed software first.

[WARN]Keep the posts on subject folks, and not personal. [/WARN]
    05-26-15 10:29 PM
113,256 ... 33843385338633873388 ...