View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    https://twitter.com/JohnChen/status/603087608315523072

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-jc.jpg John Chen @JohnChen � 6 hours ago
    Congrats @nico_rosberg @MercedesAMGF1. Keep fighting the good fight @LewisHamilton. #BlackBerryLeaders.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cf6y-9jxiaadf6-.jpg
    bungaboy, rarsen, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    05-26-15 08:03 AM
    Free BBM Voice calls in UAE? BlackBerry says working on it

Free BBM Voice calls in UAE? BlackBerry says working on it - Emirates 24|7
    That is needed if they can make it work. Dubai very expensive voice communication cost. Specially long distance.

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-26-15 08:33 AM
    Leap?

BlackBerry is the top-selling smartphone in SA

BlackBerry is the top-selling smartphone in SA | Destiny Man
    �Our purpose is to be neutral. We are an unbiased platform where visitors can compare deals that*fit their pockets and suit their needs,� CEO Lance Krom told Fin24."

Lol. Sounds like an apology for why they are reporting that BlackBerry phone is a #1 seller.

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    Bilaal, CDM76, alludba and 2 others like this.
    05-26-15 08:39 AM
    Leap?

BlackBerry is the top-selling smartphone in SA

BlackBerry is the top-selling smartphone in SA | Destiny Man
    Z3 by the look of it....

bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    05-26-15 08:44 AM
    Canadian dollar dropped 1% so BlackBerry trading in the green on TSX while on Nasdaq is in the red. lol

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-26-15 08:56 AM
    Canadian dollar dropped 1% so BlackBerry trading in the green on TSX while on Nasdaq is in the red. lol

Posted via CB10
    Two comments:

1) You're probably looking at real-time NASDAQ vs 15-minute delayed TSX.
    2) Yup, our loonie is very much tied to oil+natural resources. When it drops, so does our dollar. Yay!
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-26-15 09:31 AM
    Two comments:

1) You're probably looking at real-time NASDAQ vs 15-minute delayed TSX.
    2) Yup, our loonie is very much tied to oil+natural resources. When it drops, so does our dollar. Yay!
    Well...We were green 45mins ago. Not anymore...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-26-15 09:45 AM
    This is what it is I just post so you see what's out there:

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/black...110000884.html
    bungaboy, CDM76, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    05-26-15 10:18 AM
    Usually when the American Greenback gains strength, the CDN dollar takes a hit... and I believe the American Dollar is gaining strength now on the fact that US "may" increase rates in September....
    05-26-15 10:19 AM
    OT:
    HALO

New 52 week high.
    jxnb, vasilisiou, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    05-26-15 10:34 AM
    Chen was pi&@ed as MS last 'quiet period' due to the 8000 unit sales comment.

Maybe he is keeping some ammo dry for this quiet period. I think BBRY can still release partnership agreements during quiet period as long as it is not associated / could hint at the quarterly financials?
    05-26-15 10:56 AM
    This is what it is I just post so you see what's out there:

[video]http://finance.yahoo.com/video/blackberry-continues-cuts-110000884.html[/url]
    That was at least somewhat honest and somewhat factual. Not FUD!
    Last edited by bungaboy; 05-26-15 at 12:04 PM.
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    05-26-15 11:23 AM
    Or old Barber Shop. LoL
    Totally agree with you! Lmao
    05-26-15 12:09 PM
    05-26-15 01:06 PM
    It seems Betaville has 'de-rared' it's previous post. He is now certain that investment banks are investigating a possible acquisition by Microsoft.

Where there's smoke there's usually fire. Also, Betaville is not just 'a' blog.. It is pretty well known so this has me wondering:

1) Why the sudden interest from Microsoft. Samsung was and probably is still interested so what was Microsoft doing besides trying to buy Salesforce for 55 billion?

2) What do these investment bankers do? If Morgan can give us a figure 5 minutes after me asking.. :-) what do these guys do besides breaking the ice with JC and charge 100s of millions?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 02:31 PM
    It seems Betaville has 'de-rared' it's previous post. He is now certain that investment banks are investigating a possible acquisition by Microsoft.

Where there's smoke there's usually fire. Also, Betaville is not just 'a' blog.. It is pretty well known so this has me wondering:

1) Why the sudden interest from Microsoft. Samsung was and probably is still interested so what was Microsoft doing besides trying to buy Salesforce for 55 billion?

2) What do these investment bankers do? If Morgan can give us a figure 5 minutes after me asking.. :-) what do these guys do besides breaking the ice with JC and charge 100s of millions?

Posted via CB10
    I think that's just how it works. You need official evaluation conducted by some investment bank.
    Your pharmacist friend may be able to tell you that you need XYZ drug but still need doctor to prescribe it.
    You may know how to drive a car and may know all the rules but unless you get a driver's license, you aren't allowed to drive.
    I think that's kinda how it works. They need IB to give official figures for various reasons.

But shouldn't we be seeing increase in SP if it has been confirmed that MS is actually looking at purchasing BBRY?
    05-26-15 02:38 PM
    A realistic article.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...161004988.html

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    Jahcure, CDM76, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-26-15 02:55 PM
    Due diligence? HP lost billions in its acquisition of Autonomy due to questionable financial statements or outright fraud.
    05-26-15 03:06 PM
    IoT:
    Internet of Things Drives Outcome-Based Business Models - The CIO Report - WSJ

In Los Angeles, a company called Streetline has installed 7,000 hockey-puck-sized sensors in city roadbeds that communicate real-time parking conditions to smartphone apps, telling drivers where parking is available. These connected parking spaces have increased the city’s parking revenue by 2% while decreasing the average cost of parking, and increasing space utilization, by 11%.

Welcome to the “outcome economy” — where companies create value not just by selling products and services, but by delivering solutions that directly produce quantifiable results.

As we report in our annual outlook of global technology trends — Accenture Technology Vision 2015 — this is made possible by the rise of “intelligent” hardware, otherwise known as the Internet of Things. By placing intelligent hardware where digital and physical worlds intersect, business leaders and CIOs can gain quantifiable, end-to-end insights into the outcomes their customers are trying to achieve, and, more importantly, use those insights to act and interact in the physical world, in real-time to improve the outcome.

The new approach represents a huge opportunity for big companies and startups alike. By integrating hardware with existing capabilities — such as cloud-based software analytics, visualization technologies and increased computing capabilities — companies offer new levels of insight and control.

Examples are popping up everywhere. To improve patient outcomes and create value in the pharmaceuticals industry, Proteus Digital Health integrates a tiny, inert sensor in pills it manufactures; the sensor acts in concert with a wearable device and mobile app to provide full “adherence transparency” for patients, health-care providers and payers. The hardware-based system not only determines when patients take their medications and it can also take action if they forget to take a pill, by sending them a simple reminder. This enables Proteus to help improve patient treatment while reducing costs over traditional methods of care.

When battery packs in several Tesla Motors Model S cars caught fire after being punctured by road debris, the company–rather than following the traditional industry protocol of issuing a costly recall — used intelligent hardware in the cars to distribute a firmware update, increasing the cars’ minimum ground clearance at freeway speeds, immediately making their vehicles safer. After devising a longer-term solution of retrofitting its undercarriage armor, Tesla returned the original functionality to the affected vehicles. Diagnosing the problem and improving safety outcomes were possible only because Tesla had end-to-end feedback from, and the ability to update, the cars’ computer systems.

In the outcome economy, companies use hardware to differentiate themselves competitively and to enter new markets. “Hardware” in this context means more than traditional IT components such as servers and networking gear; it also includes the IoT and devices ranging from smart washing machines, wearables and security cameras to autonomous cars and intelligent buildings.

This intelligent hardware is becoming easier and cheaper to manufacture, more intelligent and more capable of communicating with other devices, especially as standards for inter-device communication start to harmonize. As intelligent hardware becomes cheaper to create and easier to integrate, it’s effectively becoming the new software.

To take advantage of these new capabilities, businesses can start by re-evaluating their customers’ intended outcomes. They should establish feedback loops wherever their customers create value, and then record the resulting insights into their business processes and product management systems. In many cases, new hardware solutions, or the integration of sensors into existing hardware, will push the edge of the company’s network closer to the customer.

The outcome economy challenges long-held notions of how superior products and services are defined. Hardware “at the edge” is absolutely critical to success in this economy. From now on, no matter the industry, hardware will no longer be an afterthought, but part of the DNA of every business.

Of course, one company cannot do it all; the new leaders will be those that can consistently collaborate with others to deliver excellence across a spectrum of capabilities that include hardware. The companies that make those kinds of connections — literally and figuratively — will outrun their rivals today and thrive for a long time to come.

Paul Daugherty is chief technology officer of Accenture. Follow him on twitter at @pauldaugh and read more about Accenture Technology Vision 2015.
    CDM76, morganplus8, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    05-26-15 03:31 PM
    https://twitter.com/JohnChen/status/603299588867551233

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-jc.jpg John ChenVerified account ‏@JohnChen
    Many of you have asked about BB 10.3.1 roll-out in the USA. I heard you … watch this space …
    05-26-15 03:46 PM
    In Los Angeles, a company called Streetline has installed 7000 hockey-puck-sized sensors into roadbeds that communicate real-time parking conditions to smartphone apps, telling drivers where parking is available. These connected parking spaces have increased the city's parking revenue by 2% while decreasing that average price of parking, and increasing space utilization, by 11%.‎
    ..but what's really important is what brand of phone did the drivers have?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 04:05 PM
    Well I believe it's the auditors (Deloitte, KPMG, E&Y,...) whom do the auditing.. they also audit (investment) banks. Pretty laughable how fast people forget our latest financial crisis. And yes, I'm aware the auditors screwed up too with their credit ratings.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 04:12 PM
    Well I believe it's the auditors (Deloitte, KPMG, E&Y,...) whom do the auditing.. they also audit (investment) banks. Pretty laughable how fast people forget our latest financial crisis. And yes, I'm aware the auditors screwed up too with their credit ratings.

Posted via CB10
    Fancy dressed con men. Nothing more.
    Shanerredflag, _dimi_ and 3MIKE like this.
    05-26-15 04:59 PM
    I support cold beer on hot days...just sayin.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150517_142920.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150524_121115.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mockit_29032015165659.jpg

Classically Posted.
    05-26-15 06:11 PM
113,256 ... 33833384338533863387 ...