View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Somewhat OT:

Anyone else get in on LL or any other interesting buys as BBRY sits steady?

OT:

Sierra Wireless (SW/SWIR Nasdaq). Good time to get in. Great ER, aquisition, low price now.
    I jumped in this morning, while waiting to see what is going on with BlackBerry.
    05-21-15 10:04 AM
    OT:
    Thanks (again) to one member of this thread I am getting my co-worker to swift from Iphone to Z30. She always had Iphones (never Blackberry or android) lately she got so tired of Iphone. if I do a good job at sowing her all the quality of BB10 I am sure she will convince some of her friends.

happy day gang
    05-21-15 11:08 AM
    Somewhat OT:

Wow the market is all over the place today! BBRY is hovering above $10.20, which is good as we inch closer to $11 (Please soon, I'm in at $11.04). lol

HALO is riding higher yet! $17.14 as I write...wonder how high it will go. Was hoping to get back in low, but doesn't look good for me. haha

And the most interesting news yet...I jumped into LL (Lumber Liquidators) today after it tanked. Why? Because I apparently like playing Russian Roulette with my bank account. Hopefully it settles after today's abrupt CEO resignation. Here's to hoping!

Anyone else get in on LL or any other interesting buys as BBRY sits steady?
    OT: New reports LL sold flooring from China containing formaldehyde.
    sidhuk, awindsr and 3MIKE like this.
    05-21-15 11:20 AM
    Uh oh.. thats ugly!
    Hope for the best for the customers, company and shareholders!

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    05-21-15 11:23 AM
    Older news and they've already stopped selling laminate sourced from China. Today the company's founder stepped in as interim CEO as they search nationally for a replacement.
    awindsr likes this.
    05-21-15 11:27 AM
    From an investment perspective, what's troubling about this is that they did that in order to make a profit in a cutthroat pricing market. So, if they stop (which they will have to), would they still be profitable?
    bungaboy, 3MIKE and sidhuk like this.
    05-21-15 11:28 AM
    Great, do keep us posted. Right now this should be the number 1 mission of everyone who is Blackberry BB10 device owner to keep showing your device and the great OS to everyone around you. This will definitely let them know that BB is alive and still kicking.

OT:
    Thanks (again) to one member of this thread I am getting my co-worker to swift from Iphone to Z30. She always had Iphones (never Blackberry or android) lately she got so tired of Iphone. if I do a good job at sowing her all the quality of BB10 I am sure she will convince some of her friends.

happy day gang
    05-21-15 11:58 AM
    05-21-15 12:08 PM
    Older news and they've already stopped selling laminate sourced from China. Today the company's founder stepped in as interim CEO as they search nationally for a replacement.
    OT: So what happens if the Environment department makes them remediate places where it was installed? Big costs no?
    05-21-15 12:14 PM
    OT: So what happens if the Environment department makes them remediate places where it was installed? Big costs no?
    I'm guessing Bankruptcy. Replacement laminate will be higher cost plus disposal cost of hazardous materials. I think someone may end up in jail when this is all done and over with. Looks like LL knew the product did not meet regulations. Chinese suppliers will rubber stamp anything you want as its only an ink stamp to them.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 12:23 PM
    The company has brought on Freeh Group International Solutions LLC, founded by former FBI director and federal judge Louis J. Freeh, to help in reviewing its sourcing and compliance policies.

Lumber Liquidators has historically gotten the bulk of its laminate flooring from Chinese suppliers, though it has been scaling back in recent years.
    In 2014, Chinese-sourced laminates made up 13.1% of the company’s overall sales. That figure fell to 12.5% during the first three months of the year and to 10.4% during the month of April.

The company, which said it has received 11,000 kits in total, said results showed more than 97% of households had indoor air concentrations of formaldehyde that were within World Health Organization guidelines for formaldehyde air concentration of about 0.08 parts per million. The U.S. doesn’t have a national standard for indoor formaldehyde concentrations, and recommendations vary across groups.
    In a research note, Janney Capital Markets analyst David Strasser said Lumber Liquidators’ balance sheet will likely be able to withstand the liabilities of the flooring.

Mr. Strasser estimated that the cost of doing additional testing and replacing floors for the 3% of households that had formaldehyde levels above the WHO recommendations at just over $3 million. He noted that Lumber Liquidators only had about $23 million in Chinese laminate inventory at the end of March and was likely able to sell some during April and early this month.
    Lumber Liquidators Pulls Chinese-Made Laminate Flooring Amid Safety Concerns - WSJ

Also, keep in mind that the levels are above CA levels, which anyone who knows anything about CA regulations knows they're way stricter than anywhere else. See: cardboard boxes, car emissions, etc.
    05-21-15 12:56 PM
    OT:

happy day gang
    Make sure she has a google account and you set up SNAP for her. Don't want her friends to be trying to shame her due to the app gap. When iFans ask if it has this app, or that app, i open snap and say "well, I can download anything from the Google Play store, what do you want to see working?"
    05-21-15 01:37 PM
    Leap gets a decent review from The Street

Overall, the Leap is a very good smartphone and a terrific business tool that BlackBerry is offering at super-attractive price.

Overall Score: 8.5/10
    BlackBerry (BBRY) Leap Review -- It Still Means Business - TheStreet
    05-21-15 01:43 PM
    yep that's already planed. I will play with the phone, install the os leak and install Snap then transfer all here contact through Device Switch ....
    Make sure she has a google account and you set up SNAP for her. Don't want her friends to be trying to shame her due to the app gap. When iFans ask if it has this app, or that app, i open snap and say "well, I can download anything from the Google Play store, what do you want to see working?"
    05-21-15 01:51 PM
    BlackBerry Announces Proposed Common Share Purchase Program

"WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - May 21, 2015) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a world leader in mobile communications, today announced that its Board of Directors has authorized a share repurchase program to purchase for cancellation up to 12 million BlackBerry common shares, or approximately 2.6% of the outstanding public float. BlackBerry can purchase the common shares over the Nasdaq Stock Market or, subject to regulatory approval, on the Toronto Stock Exchange (the "TSX") or other markets. In the past 12 months, BlackBerry has not repurchased any of its outstanding securities.

At its annual meeting of shareholders on June 23, 2015, BlackBerry will present for approval a new employee share purchase plan and a proposed increase in the number of shares available under BlackBerry's equity incentive plan. If these proposals are approved by shareholders at the meeting, BlackBerry will file a notice of intention to commence a normal course issuer bid with the TSX. The share repurchase program would remain in place for up to 12 months from acceptance of the notice of intention by the TSX, or such earlier time as the purchases are completed or the program is terminated by BlackBerry. If the proposals are not approved by shareholders, BlackBerry does not expect that it will proceed with the share repurchase program.

"The purpose of this repurchase program will be to offset dilution that may result from our proposed employee share purchase plan and from proposed amendments to our equity incentive plan," said BlackBerry Executive Chairman and CEO, John Chen. "We intend to take advantage of our strong cash position to purchase our shares when the market price does not reflect what we view to be the underlying value and future prospects of our business, without adversely affecting our strategic initiatives," added Mr. Chen.

The price that BlackBerry will pay for any shares under the share repurchase program will be the prevailing market price at the time of purchase. The share repurchase program will be effected in accordance with Rule 10b-18 under the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the TSX's normal course issuer bid rules, which contain restrictions on the number of shares that may be purchased on a single day, subject to certain exceptions for block purchases, based on the average daily trading volumes of BlackBerry's shares on the applicable exchange. In addition, BlackBerry may enter into forward purchase or swap contracts in connection with common shares which may be settled by physical settlement, cash settlement or a combination thereof. The forward price will be based on market price, dividend yield and market interest rates.

The actual number of shares to be purchased and the timing and pricing of any purchases under the share repurchase program will depend on future market conditions and upon potential alternative uses for cash resources. There is no assurance that any shares will be purchased under the share repurchase program and BlackBerry may elect to modify, suspend or discontinue the program at any time without prior notice."
    05-21-15 03:35 PM
    OT: Blend beta

New beta of Blend allows you to stream videos from your phone to your computer via Blend! I've only tried it so far on wifi in the same network but since it's now working through Blend, I think it'll work if I'm at work and my phone is home!
    OT Update: Streaming video via Blend 1.2 beta when the phone and computer are on different networks WORKS! Use Blend's file manager to navigate the phone's directory structure (including media card) to the video you want to view. Double click on it and then wait. And wait. The video has to be fully buffered on the computer you're on, but once it's buffered it will start to play. You can even fast forward or rewind the video. Longest video I've tried streaming so far was about 1:40:00. On the PC, the videos (.MP4) have worked when opened in Windows Media Player and VLC.

Still, nothing beats simply logging into the phone wirelessly and launching the video directly.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    05-21-15 03:38 PM
    BlackBerry announces proposed common share purchase program | CrackBerry.com

-- is this sort of share buy back? If so, this should scare shorts now!
    05-21-15 03:41 PM
    Wow love it Good move JC
    BlackBerry announces proposed common share purchase program | CrackBerry.com

-- is this sort of share buy back? If so, this should scare shorts now!
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, lech31 and 3 others like this.
    05-21-15 03:46 PM
    BlackBerry Announces Proposed Common Share Purchase Program

"WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - May 21, 2015) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a world leader in mobile communications, today announced that its Board of Directors has authorized a share repurchase program to purchase for cancellation up to 12 million BlackBerry common shares, or approximately 2.6% of the outstanding public float. BlackBerry can purchase the common shares over the Nasdaq Stock Market or, subject to regulatory approval, on the Toronto Stock Exchange (the "TSX") or other markets. In the past 12 months, BlackBerry has not repurchased any of its outstanding securities.

At its annual meeting of shareholders on June 23, 2015, BlackBerry will present for approval a new employee share purchase plan and a proposed increase in the number of shares available under BlackBerry's equity incentive plan. If these proposals are approved by shareholders at the meeting, BlackBerry will file a notice of intention to commence a normal course issuer bid with the TSX. The share repurchase program would remain in place for up to 12 months from acceptance of the notice of intention by the TSX, or such earlier time as the purchases are completed or the program is terminated by BlackBerry. If the proposals are not approved by shareholders, BlackBerry does not expect that it will proceed with the share repurchase program.

"The purpose of this repurchase program will be to offset dilution that may result from our proposed employee share purchase plan and from proposed amendments to our equity incentive plan," said BlackBerry Executive Chairman and CEO, John Chen. "We intend to take advantage of our strong cash position to purchase our shares when the market price does not reflect what we view to be the underlying value and future prospects of our business, without adversely affecting our strategic initiatives," added Mr. Chen.

The price that BlackBerry will pay for any shares under the share repurchase program will be the prevailing market price at the time of purchase. The share repurchase program will be effected in accordance with Rule 10b-18 under the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the TSX's normal course issuer bid rules, which contain restrictions on the number of shares that may be purchased on a single day, subject to certain exceptions for block purchases, based on the average daily trading volumes of BlackBerry's shares on the applicable exchange. In addition, BlackBerry may enter into forward purchase or swap contracts in connection with common shares which may be settled by physical settlement, cash settlement or a combination thereof. The forward price will be based on market price, dividend yield and market interest rates.

The actual number of shares to be purchased and the timing and pricing of any purchases under the share repurchase program will depend on future market conditions and upon potential alternative uses for cash resources. There is no assurance that any shares will be purchased under the share repurchase program and BlackBerry may elect to modify, suspend or discontinue the program at any time without prior notice."
    would be fun to read short's excuse on this one. LOL
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    05-21-15 03:55 PM
    On the other hand, it seems like it is only authorization to repurchase about 2.9% of shares. Not a big amount by any number. And there is no guarantee they'd repurchase. It's just an authorization.

In other news, it seems like there are some lay-offs today at BBRY.
    05-21-15 03:55 PM
    http://seekingalpha.com/news/2540156...=25#email_link

BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) has launched a buyback good for repurchasing 2.6% of the float, and 2.2% of outstanding shares. The company's goal is to "offset dilution that may result from our proposed employee share purchase plan and from proposed amendments to our equity incentive plan."At current levels, buying back 12M shares would cost $126M. BlackBerry had $3.27B in cash at the end of its February quarter, and $1.7B in long-term debt.Shares have risen to $10.50 AH.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    05-21-15 03:57 PM
    Prem makes out from the buyback.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 04:01 PM
    "4:31 pm BlackBerry announces that its Board has authorized a share repurchase program to purchase for cancellation up to 12 mln BlackBerry common shares, or ~2.6% of the outstanding public float (BBRY) :
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/inplay...9997.html#bbry
    05-21-15 04:09 PM
    I love when virtuous finance serves both employees and company.
    Mister Chen & CFO : hat off !

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 12 others like this.
    05-21-15 04:10 PM
    This will create a floor for the share price (maybe $9) until 12million share are repurchased. It's definitely a signal to the shorts that it's time to move on.
    It would be great if they followed up with a special dividend (nothing big, a couple of pennies a share) to reinforce the idea that the shorts should get out of the play.

BB10 4 ME
    bungaboy, Bacon Munchers and 3MIKE like this.
    05-21-15 04:17 PM
113,256 ... 33743375337633773378 ...