View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So who think Rev this qtr will be greater then last qtr?
    05-20-15 07:30 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Software Sales Are Encouraging: RBC Capital
    BBBBRY
    BY VIRAJ SHAH � MAY 20, 2015 03:15 AM PDT

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Software Sales Are Encouraging: RBC Capital
    05-20-15 08:05 AM
    Continuing about the plane hack, interesting (and applauded) to see BlackBerry responded quite fast to this.
    Hacks on a Plane | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    Ha ha. Now all they need is Samuel L. Jackson saying "I've had it with these mother*#*#*#* hacks on these Mother*#*#* plane. Next time they should go with QNX."

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 08:23 AM
    OT: http://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news...t-lewis-hamil/

Now...just need JC to extend the BlackBerry sponsorship for another three years. .

Classically Posted.
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 11 others like this.
    05-20-15 08:25 AM
    Oh oh, here we go:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...market-rigging

RBC (Scotland) in there too!
    05-20-15 09:07 AM
    05-20-15 09:51 AM
    Wow! Didn't see this rip coming!
    I was bottom feeding, awaiting a bear raid when it happened.
    At least my long position is healing.
    05-20-15 09:55 AM
    This will make your blood boil!

sidhuk, zyben, La Emperor and 3 others like this.
    05-20-15 10:06 AM
    who can explain the charts from this morning and yesterday afternoon. Quick moves up and then it dwindles back down.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    05-20-15 10:12 AM
    who can explain the charts from this morning and yesterday afternoon. Quick moves up and then it dwindles back down.
    I am hearing that big options are in play.
    Someone who has the tools can look into it further for us perhaps. Possible +25% bids above SP in for Friday(?)

And perhaps a little of this:

http://www.fool.ca/2015/05/20/could-...lackberry-ltd/
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 05-20-15 at 11:12 AM.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    05-20-15 10:38 AM
    The PP in 6th position in this article, as the tides slowly turns:

The 10 best smartphones for the first half of 2015 | ZDNet

Nothing beats the BlackBerry Passport for centralized communications and I continue to use it for comms and the BlackBerry Blend utility.
    The battery life is outstanding, the QWERTY keyboard is enjoyable and efficient, and I haven't noticed much of an app gap thanks to the Amazon Appstore and sideloading capability.
    The BlackBerry Passport, see my full review, has specifications that match high end smartphones today and comes in a unique form factor that is optimized for productivity. There are very few phones with hardware QWERTY keyboards and BlackBerry has optimized it for utility with touch-sensitive support.
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, sidhuk and 12 others like this.
    05-20-15 10:53 AM
    05-20-15 11:06 AM
    Beat me to it. Although I hate to quote CNBC, the timing is ironic.
    I'd like to go ahead and draw particular attention to Molly Trollson or whatever.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 11:07 AM
    Beat me to it. Although I hate to quote CNBC, the timing is ironic.
    I'd like to go ahead and draw particular attention to Molly Trollson or whatever.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah.

#BBFactCheck
    05-20-15 01:10 PM
    While we still struggle with hardware sales, competitors of QNX are coming?

Huawei launches �internet of things� OS
    Charles Clover in Beijing
    Huawei, the Chinese telecoms group, has launched an operating system designed to work exclusively with internet connected objects � from cars to watches to toothbrushes � which it predicts will number more than 100bn by 2025.

William Xu, Huawei�s global head of strategy and marketing, said the company�s �Lite OS� was part of the group�s strategy to take advantage of the �internet of things�, the smart gadgets designed to connect to each other and share information about their use.
    Even the humble electric toothbrush, he said, could one day �record how often and how effectively you brush your teeth, and could tell you when to do it and how to do it better�.

Mr Xu added that Huawei did not plan to join the race to make any of the dizzying array of connected devices being planned by smartphone competitors, such as smart air purifiers or smart cars.

Instead, Huawei is offering device suppliers its open source technology to connect their gadgets to the internet. �We want to provide the connections, not the devices,� he said.

An analyst who covers the company said that Huawei�s strategy was a defensive one: �Building a platform is safer when you don�t know what to build.�

Some internet experts have said that the market for connected gadgets is the next frontier in mobile communications, as the global use of smartphones becomes more widespread.

Huawei on Wednesday presented its vision for the next decade, which included the group�s internet of things strategy � where its telecoms infrastructure accounted for a large share of the projected 100bn internet connections.

CK Lu, a smartphone industry analyst at Gartner, said the strategy to be a �platform provider� to smart device makers would help it tap �the massive business potential of expanding its consumer and network business to the internet of things�.

The Lite OS launch comes a month after Tencent, the Chinese internet group, revealed its own operating system dedicated to connected devices.
    However, Mr Xu stressed that the Lite OS was not designed to compete with more complex smartphone operating systems such as Android or Apple�s IOS. �It is only an internet of things operating system,� he said.
    The company predicted that 22 per cent of the estimated 100bn �smart� connections by 2025 would be lifestyle gadgets such as watches and phones, with a further 18 per cent smart home gadgets such as vacuum cleaners and televisions. The rest would be mainly business and manufacturing related, utilities, cars, and �smart city� gadgets, Huawei predicted.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 02:07 PM
    05-20-15 02:20 PM
    OT: Blend beta

New beta of Blend allows you to stream videos from your phone to your computer via Blend! I've only tried it so far on wifi in the same network but since it's now working through Blend, I think it'll work if I'm at work and my phone is home!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 06:19 PM
    Steve Jobs never went to Stanford.

He held no degrees whatsoever.
    I stand corrected, thank you.
    05-20-15 06:57 PM
    QNX to Power Automated Fare Collection System from MSI Global

Edit: I hope this is legitimate. I can't seem to find the original press release.

https://n4bb.com/qnx-power-automated...on-msi-global/

"BlackBerry announced today that the automated fare collection system from MSI Global, which is deployed in thousands of devices throughout Singapore, the Philippines, and Thailand, will be utilizing the power of QNX.

Press Release

OTTAWA, May 21, 2015 � QNX Software Systems Limited, a subsidiary of BlackBerry Limited, today announced that the QNX� Neutrino� OS is powering a fare collection system, which includes automatic gates, ticketing machines, and onboard bus equipment, throughout the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), including Singapore, the Philippines, and Thailand. The system was created by MSI Global Pte Ltd, an international system integrator specializing in land-transport solutions and a subsidiary of the Land Transport Authority (LTA) of Singapore. LTA is responsible for planning, operating, and maintaining Singapore�s land transport infrastructure and systems.

The onboard bus equipment is an enhanced version of a QNX-based fare collection system that LTA has already deployed in more than 4,800 public buses in Singapore. MSI implemented the improved onboard bus equipment to replace existing equipment due for replacement, to further enhance performance, and to support various new fare products. Security was a key criterion for MSI, and the highly resilient architecture of the QNX Neutrino OS, which minimizes attack vectors, was a natural choice for the new design. QNX Neutrino helped reduce system costs through its fast, highly reliable performance, which allows multitasking of multiple subsystems while minimizing failures in the demanding operating environment of buses. QNX Neutrino also helped MSI create an intuitive user interface through its support for advanced graphics technologies, including HTML5.

�MSI�s experience with QNX Neutrino has been very favorable and we will continue to leverage the same secure OS for our future projects,� said Silvester Prakasam, fare system business unit head, MSI. �Creating a solution that could gain widespread adoption was also a key consideration in our choice of OS, and with QNX Neutrino we were able to create a design that is fast and reliable, yet affordable to customers in cost-sensitive regions.�

�As the enhanced onboard bus equipment demonstrates, embedded systems today need a comprehensive OS platform that encompasses everything from Web technologies and advanced graphics to security, connectivity, and high reliability,� said John Wall, chief operating officer, QNX Software Systems. �We are honored that MSI chose QNX for the new onboard bus equipment system; their decision is a testament not only to the success of the existing QNX-based LTA system, but to our deep experience in embedded transportation systems for cars, buses, planes, and trains.�

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dusdal; 05-21-15 at 02:51 AM.
    georg4BB, CDM76, Mr BBRY and 15 others like this.
    05-21-15 02:29 AM
    05-21-15 07:05 AM
    05-21-15 08:46 AM
    OT: SPHS

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sphs-5.21.15.png

Do you think it's time to get out?
    05-21-15 08:51 AM
    OT:Goldman updates list of most-held hedge fund names

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2538506...=45#email_link
    Goldman updates list of most-held hedge fund names
    May 21 2015, 09:17 ET | By: Stephen Alpher, SA News Editor
    New additions to Goldman's hedge fund hotels - 50 stocks which most frequently appear among the largest ten holdings of hedge funds: AerCap (NYSE:AER), Assured Guaranty (NYSE:AGO), Baker Hughes (NYSE:BHI), Citizens Financial (NYSE:CFG), Colony Capital (NYSE:CLNY), Dresser-Rand (NYSERC), Family Dollar (NYSE:FDO), Hospira (NYSE:HSP), Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), NXP Semi (NASDAQ:NXPI), Pharmacyclics (NASDAQ:PCYC), Visa (NYSE:V), and Walgreens (NASDAQ:WBA).Since 2001, the basket has outperformed the S&P 500 in 66% of quarters by an average of 73 basis points. YTD, however, it has underperformed by nine bps. Goldman notes the current basket overweights Consumer Discretionary (22%) and underweights Consumer Staples (2%).Looking at the full list, Actavis (NYSE:ACT) leads the way, with 77 funds naming the stock as a top 10 holding. Next up is Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) with 69, then Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) at 42. For the entire list of 50, the average is 26 funds making a stock a top 10 holding.The rest in order: Valeant (NYSE:VRX), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), DirecTV (NASDAQTV), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Time Warner (NYSE:TWC), Delta (NYSEAL), Cheneire (NYSEMKT:LNG), Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO), Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYK), AIG, SunEdison (NYSE:SUNE), Air Products (NYSE:APD), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), GM, BofA (NYSE:BAC), JPMorgan (NYSE:JPM), Macquarie Infrastructure (NYSE:MIC), American Airlines (NASDAQ:AAL), Charter Communications (NASDAQ:CHTR), Google (GOOG, GOOGL), Ally Financial (NYSE:ALLY), NorthStar Realty (NYSE:NRF), Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), MasterCard (NYSE:MA), Alibaba (NYSE:BABA), Micron (NASDAQ:MU), Williams (NYSE:WMB), Gilead (NASDAQ:GILD), Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A, BRK.B), Dolar General (NYSEG), NorthStar Asset (NYSE:NSAM), Brookdale Senior (NYSE:BKD), DISH Network (NASDAQISH).

#BBFactCheck
    bungaboy, kadakn01, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    05-21-15 08:52 AM
    BlackBerry's Role in the Canadian Federal Government
    https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...al-government/
    05-21-15 09:12 AM
    Somewhat OT:

Wow the market is all over the place today! BBRY is hovering above $10.20, which is good as we inch closer to $11 (Please soon, I'm in at $11.04). lol

HALO is riding higher yet! $17.14 as I write...wonder how high it will go. Was hoping to get back in low, but doesn't look good for me. haha

And the most interesting news yet...I jumped into LL (Lumber Liquidators) today after it tanked. Why? Because I apparently like playing Russian Roulette with my bank account. Hopefully it settles after today's abrupt CEO resignation. Here's to hoping!

Anyone else get in on LL or any other interesting buys as BBRY sits steady?
    Mr BBRY and awindsr like this.
    05-21-15 09:51 AM
113,256 ... 33733374337533763377 ...