View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What do you folks think of the 700K device estimate by RBC? With US launch of Classic, even with 1% market share in the US, that seems pretty low. I would be shocked less than 1M. 1.1-1.5 seems like a good range.

(Of course, didn't RBC used to have a $6 price target before making the big upward revision?)
    05-19-15 11:56 AM
    Chen has been in charge now for long enough for whatever he does to work out. I'm sure that whatever the figures are they are exactly what Chen has accounted for.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 12:52 PM
    OT: HALO. In at 14.75 a few weeks ago out at 17.48 today. Playing the bollinger bands ....and the RSI at 69.

So now it should rocket through 18
    Corbu, lech31, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    05-19-15 12:53 PM
    BlackBerry Smartphone Trade-Up Program in Germany till May 31:
    Smartphone Trade Up -
    georg4BB, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    05-19-15 12:59 PM
    What do you folks think of the 700K device estimate by RBC? With US launch of Classic, even with 1% market share in the US, that seems pretty low. I would be shocked less than 1M. 1.1-1.5 seems like a good range.

(Of course, didn't RBC used to have a $6 price target before making the big upward revision?)
    I think its reasonable estimate. 1% market share sounds like a low number but based on how BlackBerry has been doing in the US for past couple of years, I think 1% is optimistic.
    georg4BB likes this.
    05-19-15 01:15 PM
    I think its reasonable estimate. 1% market share sounds like a low number but based on how BlackBerry has been doing in the US for past couple of years, I think 1% is optimistic.
    Chen has been conservative in his estimates. Perhaps the forecasters, such as RBC, are taking that cue as well. I'd rather see a conservative estimate that is met or exceeded, than a high estimate that fails. It will help us get closer to the $100 dollar party.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, zyben and 1 others like this.
    05-19-15 01:23 PM
    A bit more from RBC Capital Markets:
    RBC slashes BlackBerry hardware sales forecast by half | Financial Post

RBC Capital Markets on Tuesday cut its sales outlook for BlackBerry Ltd.’s Classic and Passport by half, though it said software sales still leave reason to be bullish on the company.

Analysts at RBC said they now expect near-term sales for the two smartphones to fall to 700,000, from a previous estimate of 1.4 million. They now expect only 3.2 million units will be sold in fiscal 2016, compared with their earlier call of 6.5 million units (BlackBerry is currently in its first quarter of fiscal 2016).

But RBC said BlackBerry software sales will continue to make up for hardware’s weakness.

“We’re slashing our estimates on BlackBerry hardware units, but it’s not the focus anyway,” RBC said in a research note to clients. “We’re seeing encouraging signs with regulated verticals for BlackBerry’s software.”

BlackBerry has been pushing hard in recent months to win back clients in industries it has traditionally been strong in, including government, financials and health care. The company is known for its top-notch software security, something sought after by enterprise clients.

BlackBerry currently forecasts that fiscal 2016 software revenue will come in at $600 million. Software brought in $67 million in the first quarter, up 20 per cent from Q4.

RBC said there is a risk that BlackBerry could come in under its revenue target this year, and that the company needs to improve feature support for Apple’s iOS.

“BlackBerry’s working well with Android/BB10 environments tying in its partnership with Samsung Knox,” RBC said. “Our checks show BlackBerry needs more work with Apple and specifically iOS containerization.”

RBC currently has a sector perform rating on BlackBerry, with a price target of $11.
    W Hoa, jxnb, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    05-19-15 02:41 PM
    Chen has been conservative in his estimates. Perhaps the forecasters, such as RBC, are taking that cue as well. I'd rather see a conservative estimate that is met or exceeded, than a high estimate that fails. It will help us get closer to the $100 dollar party.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    If revenue comes in at 500M with 700K device sales the stock is gonna tank hard....
    05-19-15 02:48 PM
    If revenue comes in at 500M with 700K device sales the stock is gonna tank hard....
    You're mixing up quarter with yearly. The 700k device sales is for the quarter with projected device sales of "3.2 million units... sold in fiscal 2016, compared with their earlier call of 6.5 million units".

And FWIW device sales were predicated only on the Passport and the Classic with no mention of the Leap nor any upcoming devices which might change the results.
    05-19-15 03:21 PM
    Lol typical. Not "RBC Raises Price Target" or "RBC Sees Increased Software Revenue"...

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, sidhuk, ibpluto and 6 others like this.
    05-19-15 03:51 PM
    You're mixing up quarter with yearly. The 700k device sales is for the quarter with projected device sales of "3.2 million units... sold in fiscal 2016, compared with their earlier call of 6.5 million units".

And FWIW device sales were predicated only on the Passport and the Classic with no mention of the Leap nor any upcoming devices which might change the results.
    Not mixing it up. I'm talking about the June ER. True doesn't include Leap.... or old stock - of which there is not much left.....so let's say low ball at 1M total.
    05-19-15 04:05 PM
    Lol typical. Not "RBC Raises Price Target" or "RBC Sees Increased Software Revenue"...

Posted via CB10
    This is the part that miffs me the most. When it comes to BlackBerry, many media outlets headline the negative, when the real news is the higher price target.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    sidhuk, kadakn01, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    05-19-15 04:51 PM
    This is the part that miffs me the most. When it comes to BlackBerry, many media outlets headline the negative, when the real news is the higher price target.
    So true. You've got to give it to the FP, the G&M, etc. when it comes to unbiased reporting on BBRY...

Same content, different outlet:
    RBC Capital Rates Blackberry Ltd (BBRY) Sector Perform
    bungaboy, rarsen, ibpluto and 5 others like this.
    05-19-15 06:44 PM
    What RBC ment to say was that the HBO show called VEEP, has that many Blackberry phones on the show. LOL
    05-19-15 07:33 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies files:

Alibaba Group Holding Ltd and Apple Inc. Confirm Partnership Agreement For Mobile Payments

The iPhones garner higher sales from China compared to the US market; therefore, Apple Pay�s entry into China is of paramount importance to Apple.
    Doing business in China has always had its share of long term risks...
    05-19-15 07:56 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Yes.... However, declining mobile phone sales and declining top line revenue are what they are focused on...

CEO Chen has stated that hand set business will be profitable AGAIN. Other Software and Services are expected to grow... one can expect future acquisitions and partnerships will contribute to top and bottom line....

once Blackberry has successfully transitioned and is showing an upward top line path with sustained profitability ... perception will start to change, BlackBerry Brand awareness will improve, SP will follow, and more attention will focus on the growth and success story that BlackBerry is on a path to becoming, IMO

How soon we see this is still unclear....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 05-19-15 at 08:21 PM.
    Corbu, kadakn01, ibpluto and 9 others like this.
    05-19-15 07:59 PM
    OT:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/secur...ight-1.2379759

Too bad BlackBerry doesn't have a QNX system for aircraft controls.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 09:04 PM
    Yes.... However, declining mobile phone sales and declining top line revenue are what they are focused on...

CEO Chen has stated that hand set business will be profitable AGAIN. Other Software and Services are expected to grow... one can expect future acquisitions and partnerships will contribute to top and bottom line....

once Blackberry has successfully transitioned and is showing an upward top line path with sustained profitability ... perception will start to change, BlackBerry Brand awareness will improve, SP will follow, and more attention will focus on the growth and success story that BlackBerry is on a path to becoming, IMO

How soon we see this is still unclear....

Posted via CB10
    Well, actually first it was cash burn, then it was losses, now it's revenue declines. I agree though that the turnaround story won't gain traction until there's better evidence of revenue growth of some substance. I bet that happens sooner than you think, but it'll still be buried in the BIS revenue losses for a quarter or two longer. Smart money will see it early. Super smart money has already.

Posted via CB10
    kadakn01, bungaboy, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    05-19-15 09:08 PM
    OT: Cellphone carriers lose court challenge over CRTC new wireless code

Cellphone carriers lose court challenge over CRTC new wireless code - The Globe and Mail
    rarsen, CDM76, zyben and 5 others like this.
    05-19-15 09:30 PM
    https://n4bb.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-e...kberry-slider/

How Using the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Got Me Excited for the BlackBerry Slider
    "...which has led us to believe Samsung and BlackBerry are hardware partners for this upcoming device."

Lol. They could have got this idea weeks ago by just reading this thread.

Once again, the I support BBRY shows its dominance as the world's goto source for leading BlackBerry news.

Looking for a re-entry tomorrow. Anyone else?
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 05-20-15 at 12:52 AM.
    CDM76, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    05-20-15 12:20 AM
    Easy SF. When some of us hear 'Clear', we duck for safety!

05-20-15 12:23 AM
    OT:

Posted via CB10
    ... Yet.
    CDM76, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    05-20-15 12:49 AM
    OT:

Posted via CB10
    I think one of Boeing's subsidiaries uses QNX for in-flight infotainment systems.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, sidhuk, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    05-20-15 12:56 AM
    I think one of Boeing's subsidiaries uses QNX for in-flight infotainment systems.

Posted via CB10
    Learn something new every day....... thanks !!!

http://berryflow.com/2014/01/qnx-pow...inment-system/

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, sidhuk, rarsen and 10 others like this.
    05-20-15 02:41 AM
    Continuing about the plane hack, interesting (and applauded) to see BlackBerry responded quite fast to this.
    Hacks on a Plane | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    CDM76, sidhuk, rarsen and 13 others like this.
    05-20-15 05:19 AM
113,250 ... 33723373337433753376 ...