1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Tomorrow's big Blackberry news that will be spread all over US media:

Attachment 353488

Posted via CB10
    President Obama borrows iPhone for first tweet, avoiding BlackBerry embarrassment.

Seems to me that the embarrassing statement is this.....

President Obama has frequently*gone on record saying he�s not able to use an iPhone for security reasons, instead relying on a government-approved BlackBerry.

Don�t lose the hope, Mr. President, the iPhone 7 will be a great upgrade from that BlackBerry in 2017 when you leave office.

^^^^ this statement doesn't say much for iPhone as a BlackBerry Q5 would be an upgrade from the stripped and locked down Bold he uses now for obvious reasons stated above.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 09:29 PM
    05-18-15 10:41 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1431990311602_910956.jpeg
    take99, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    05-18-15 10:43 PM
    Batten down the hatches:

--------------
    It is not rumor that Samsung hired Evercore to research the buying of BB.

"The Financial Post obtained the document that was written at the end of 2014 by Evercore Partners, and investment bank working for Samsung. "
    http://www.mobileburn.com/24148/news...ing-blackberry

And apparently MSFT has hired Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs for possibly buying BB; not so much a rumor...

"Microsoft Reportedly Planning to Buy BlackBerry "
    "Betaville reports via sources close to the plans that Microsoft has already hired Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs to determine how much BlackBerry is worth, but the software giant hasn�t yet made an offer, so negotiations between the two companies are yet to start."

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micro...y-481453.shtml

And then you have the rumor of Apple being interested in BB in which you state "This past week, we got two more buyout rumors. The first was in regards to Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), which I think is a complete joke. "
    What I think is a complete joke is Apple buying Beats for $3 billion dollars and then having people like yourself that think BB would not be a wise acquisition for shareholders, funny....

Anyways, it is a rumor that Samsung, Msft and Apple are buying BB because BB is not selling...
    --------------

I mentioned some time ago that a guy I knew working for Microsoft IT projects division said they were thinking about buying BlackBerry. Looks like their may be a plausible argument brewing for this.

Well, this said, albeit good for investors, I have to admit a certain level of reserve that I do want our BlackBerry to remain solo.
    CDM76, georg4BB, 3MIKE and 7 others like this.
    05-19-15 01:03 AM
    I mentioned some time ago that a guy I knew working for Microsoft IT projects division said they were thinking about buying BlackBerry. Looks like their may be a plausible argument brewing for this.

Well, this said, albeit good for investors, I have to admit a certain level of reserve that I do want our BlackBerry to remain solo.
    Oh heck NO! I hope Prem and Mike (assuming he's still a major investor) say no. Can't rely on Canadian government to step in if an American company tries to buy BlackBerry. Canada tends to give into the US' desires far too often.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, bungaboy, zyben and 3 others like this.
    05-19-15 01:51 AM
    Sticking to the plan: Chen says BlackBerry smartphone business will be profitable again

Clear ?

Posted via CB10 Edited for link clarity.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-19-15 at 08:33 AM.
    georg4BB, lech31, 3MIKE and 11 others like this.
    05-19-15 02:07 AM
    OT: PSDV

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/psivid...113500915.html

This is the positive data we were expecting to see any day now. Looks very promising!
    05-19-15 07:43 AM
    FWIW:
    BlackBerry's Glass 'Looking More Half-Full' - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Benzinga

In a report published Tuesday, RBC Capital Markets analysts maintained a Sector Perform rating on BlackBerry Ltd., with a price target of $11.

"Classic/Passport are not doing too great and we're cutting our near-term unit estimates from 1.4M to 700k," the analysts said. The unit estimate for FY16 has been reduced from 6.5M to 3.2M. The revenue estimate for F1Q now reflects a 50 percent decline to $487M, while the EPS estimate for CY15 has been reduced from ($0.08) to ($0.15).

"The devices business is becoming less relevant for the long-term future of BlackBerry," the analysts wrote, while adding, "BlackBerry's pushing to win back customers with a focus on certain key verticals (e.g. govt., financials, military, healthcare)…BlackBerry expects software revenues to ramp in the back-half of FY16 with a $600M target."

Although the estimates have been reduced to reflect hardware units, but it is not the focus. "We're seeing encouraging signs with regulated verticals for BlackBerry's software. The tie-in with Android's taking shape and an acceleration with iOS features will help show a clearer path to $600M," the report by RBC Capital Markets mentioned.

Although BlackBerry's stock appears "somewhat range-bound," the analysts believe that the "glass is looking more half-full."
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, zyben and 4 others like this.
    05-19-15 08:37 AM
    i think we should make a rule. To get into the 100 dollar party you have to be wearing brown shoes lol

posted via cb10
    ! A-bso-lute-ly !
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    05-19-15 08:40 AM
    ! A-bso-lute-ly !
    Been a long time . . . http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...4/index22.html
    05-19-15 08:46 AM
    s BlackBerry smartphone business will be profitable again[/UR
    [/URL]
    Clear ?

Posted via CB10 Edited for link clarity.[/QUOTE]

If Chen is publicly saying that then it must be true. I don't care what anyone says are doing the right things and will rise again!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 08:51 AM
    It's been well above that, so it's not uncharted, just distant. I wouldn't expect a 10 fold jump within a few months, but it could certainly reach that once the turnaround starts to show real results. Dream small, get small. Dream big, get big.
    +1, never say never again ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    donmateo, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    05-19-15 08:53 AM
    "... Why would Apple... pay 5B for BlackBerry..."?

As for BlackBerry not being around. How can this genius even speculate at this point? BlackBerry has shown nothing but promise, direction, and dare I say... innovation.
    Anyone own an Apple watch?
    Apple watch?.... what's that? Lol!!!

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    05-19-15 09:06 AM
    Ah, perfect! Thank you for the graph, SuperFly. I guess I could have screenshotted on my Passport, but didn't think of it.

The good news is we've been floating above $10 for the past few days, so hopefully that trend continues (Especially with dispelled rumors of buyouts). Hope to keep this trend and settle in a foundation to grow.
    05-19-15 09:15 AM
    05-19-15 09:17 AM
    Gave it a little bump
    thanks for remembering it !
    SF
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY and zyben like this.
    05-19-15 09:19 AM
    Depends on whether sales are down because no one wants a tablet, or whether sales are down because nearly everyone has already got one.
    Posted via CB10
    Also depends on what you define with "tablet" ... is MSFT Surface or Lenovo Yoga "tablets" or a "tableTops" (stop dancin' Bunga lol). Anyways, we're in the +/- 200Mil devices, just compare with +/- 2.5Bil smartphones ... there's a 10X ratio ... not really "nearly everyone" IMHO.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-20110305_woc291_0.gif

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-smartphones-pr11-460.gif

Edit : please take the 2.5Bil forecast with a pinch of salt, as it is dated 2011 ...
    rarsen, bungaboy, awindsr and 2 others like this.
    05-19-15 09:28 AM
    OT:
    HALO
    New 52wk high
    05-19-15 09:54 AM
    OT:
    HALO
    New 52wk high
    I sold out at the previous 52w high and was too "optimistic" to scoop it up again in hopes of it dropping back to $13...obviously that didn't happen. LOL Hope others have cashed in on some big gains!

And as always, we owe a huge thank you to Morgan and others for their amazing insight and assistance! This thread is a great resource for all.
    05-19-15 10:04 AM
    .. Anytime I see legit Canadian banks reporting ratings, I pay attention.
    Also note that RBC is holding a good amount of BlackBerry stock, last I checked.

On another note, Here is one of my favorite analysts' response to shorts:

Chris Lau
    May 18 12:11 PM
    The days of negative short pumping are ending. There are only two users who account for 98% of all the negativity. The 8M share buy tested the waters, suggesting $11 as the new "bottom" for BBRY ($10's more reasonable based on the 1B conversion price).

Watch and wait. Spend the time checking enterprise uptake of BES12 support. Patience is a virtue and is a requirement for value investors. Chances are good the firm will succeed. TMUS is on. T, S are supporting BBRY on the small business / consumer space.

BBRY was a buy and sell for four years - it was range-bound, so unlike shorts who made a killing at a peak, or those who made a good return at the bottom, am close to break-even (data is here: http://seekingalpha.com/account/rese...ketplace_login) .
    The playbook was always about staying *in* the game, long or short. Same play for NOK, ALU. If you look at other firms that turnaround, the stock is range bound for years, then it breaks out. BBRY's inflection point requires revenue and profit growth in support sales.
    05-19-15 10:27 AM
    Blackberry Leap live webcast.

"Hello,

You registered to learn more about BlackBerry products and services including the new 5-inch HD BlackBerry Leap. I�d like to personally invite you to a live webcast, with Q&A hosted by myself and others from the Product Marketing Team at BlackBerry to introduce you to BlackBerry Leap as it hits stores.

The new BlackBerry Leap smartphone, is a powerful tool designed to give you a competitive edge with security to keep private matters private, a best-in-class keyboard, battery that powers through the day and access to a huge selection of Android and BlackBerry apps.

This exclusive opportunity will provide an overview, tips and tricks followed by a live Q&A where I will be joined by Warren Pamukoff and Jesse Ariss to take your questions. I am hosting this event because I value your interest and look forward to sharing our newest smartphone.

If you want to participate in this exclusive opportunity, please click on the link below:

Thursday May 21st, 2015 at 11:00am EDT � Sign up now >

You can also find information about the BlackBerry Leap here: www.blackberry.com/leap

Thank you,

Don Halliwell "
    bungaboy, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 8 others like this.
    05-19-15 10:30 AM
    Anytime I see legit Canadian banks reporting ratings, I pay attention.
    Also note that RBC is holding a good amount of BlackBerry stock, last I checked.
    Indeed. As of 03/31/2015:

PRIMECAP MANAGEMENT CO/CA/: 63,971,557
    FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LTD/ CAN: 46,699,700
    DAVIDE LEONE & PARTNERS INVESTMENT CO LLP: 9,627,337
    CONNOR, CLARK & LUNN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LTD. : 9,276,920
    ONTARIO TEACHERS PENSION PLAN BOARD: 9,156,350
    ROYAL BANK OF CANADA: 8,421,678
    BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Institutional Ownership & Holdings - NASDAQ.com
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, jxnb and 12 others like this.
    05-19-15 10:52 AM
    https://n4bb.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-e...kberry-slider/

How Using the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Got Me Excited for the BlackBerry Slider

ADVERTISEMENT

As most of you probably know, I use a ton of different phones. I don�t like the idea of sticking to one brand and one company when there�s so much great tech out there to check out. Last week, we published our review*of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge over at IntoAndroid.com, and as I was writing it, I kept thinking about how the S6 edge compares to what BlackBerry is bringing to market at the end of the year with its Slider smartphone.*As weird as it sounds, using a Samsung device got me excited for an upcoming BlackBerry device.

In case you�re unfamiliar with the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, its most impressive physical feature is its dual-curved display. This same screen concept is being used on BlackBerry�s Slider, which has led us to believe Samsung and BlackBerry are hardware partners for this upcoming device.*The S6 edge�s curved display is absolutely gorgeous. There�s no way around that. It�s a 5.1-inch QHD screen (2560�1440 pixels) and everything looks fantastic on it. Unfortunately, since the display curves back, the sides of the device are too thin. It wasn�t as comfortable to hold as the regular S6. This leads me to believe the best way it could be improved is if it was slightly thicker. You could*do this simply by adding a sliding keyboard to the back of it (See where I�m going with this?). I get the feeling the Slider is going to be a really comfortable device in the hand whether its opened or closed.

Another downside of the S6 edge that I think BlackBerry will improve on is how much the dual-curved display is implemented. The S6 edge has a couple of little features that use the sides*of the glass but they don�t really take full advantage of the hardware like I�d personally prefer. It�s really more cumbersome than it is useful. BlackBerry, on their part, has told us its Slider�s dual-edged display has a purpose. It�s not there just for looks, and I�m betting they put it to good use for extended productivity. Whether it be tied into notifications, the Hub, or better multitasking, when BlackBerry adds a feature or hardware, it�s usually for a reason.

Obviously until we get some leaks or official news about the Slider we won�t know exactly what the Slider�s display will do, but I�m guessing you guys may have some ideas about that too. Drop a comment below and tell us what you think BlackBerry Slider�s dual-edged display will do.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 10:53 AM
    http://bgr.com/2015/05/18/blackberry...w-phone-sales/

BlackBerry CEO Chen interview: Phone sales still necessary

One reason that BlackBerry is lucky to have John Chen at the helm is that, unlike his predecessors, he�s very much grounded in reality about the state of the company. So while former CEO Thorsten Heins was known for making delusional statements about there being nothing wrong with the company even though it was in a downward spiral at the time, Chen has helped stabilize things and has forced BlackBerry to focus more on its core strengths.

DON�T MISS:*Tim Cook trolls Android users during George Washington University commencement speech

One of those strengths, however, is no longer selling smartphones to consumers. In its last fiscal quarter, the company reported selling just 1.6 million smartphones worldwide, which is a steep fall from the days when it was a dominant player in the industry. So why is BlackBerry bothering to make new phones at all anymore?

In an interview with Business Insider, Chen makes some very solid points about how important BlackBerry phones are as niche products for corporate executives*and government officials who absolutely need high-level security for their mobile communications. While Chen acknowledges there�s a lot you can do to make the iPhone and Android phones more secure than they are straight out of the box, at the end of the day they still won�t provide the level of security that BlackBerry devices do.

�If you look at the U.S. Army, they�re still rolling out all BlackBerry,� Chen says. If I tell them there are no more phones, I lose that account. The question is how do you make phones profitable at the volume those people represent?�

BlackBerry has very smartly been lessening its reliance on hardware sales and is focused more on mobile enterprise security software and services. However, for some customers it does make sense*to have phones available as specialty items. From that perspective,*it�s easy to see why BlackBerry should*keep making new phones, even if none of them will be on par with iPhones or Android phones in terms of sales.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 10:56 AM
    05-19-15 11:10 AM
113,250 ... 33713372337333743375 ...