View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Man, someone is really pushing those brown oxfords on me...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-brownshoes2.png
    05-18-15 07:30 AM
    Man, someone is really pushing those brown oxfords on me...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrownShoes2.PNG 
Views:	1486 
Size:	232.5 KB 
ID:	353418
    I think we should make a rule. To get into the 100 dollar party you have to be wearing brown shoes lol

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 10 others like this.
    05-18-15 08:25 AM
    I think we should make a rule. To get into the 100 dollar party you have to be wearing brown shoes lol

Posted via CB10
    On Thursday...LOL.

Classically Posted.
    05-18-15 09:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Do we think the $100 party is ever going to happen? Can we hold it on Sugar Candy Mountain? I'm wearing some wonderful medium brown Church's Oxford as I type, but I have a hard time seeing how BlackBerry are going to get to $100. Perhaps an interesting question would be whether we think BlackBerry will last the next 12-18 months without getting sold or taken over. Perhaps making the D and R notifications on BBM a subscription feature would help to get us there...

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    05-18-15 09:25 AM
    Do we think the $100 party is ever going to happen? Can we hold it on Sugar Candy Mountain? I'm wearing some wonderful medium brown Church's Oxford as I type, but I have a hard time seeing how BlackBerry are going to get to $100. Perhaps an interesting question would be whether we think BlackBerry will last the next 12-18 months without getting sold or taken over. Perhaps making the D and R notifications on BBM a subscription feature would help to get us there...

Posted via CB10
    Looking at some of the valuations of some of the wall street babies like amazon, netflix and tesla I dont see the 100 dollar mark that hard to get to if BlackBerry starts to turn the rev around and we see qtr after qtr gains.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, zyben and 5 others like this.
    05-18-15 09:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did anyone think Apple would hit $700, or that Zuckerberg's revenge project would make FB worth billions?

BlackBerry has clearly had and turned-down offers. They know what they're worth, and we agree.

Smartphones are a thing of the past. Look to the future when investing. We all invest in BlackBerry because we believe their tech will be important in the future. Security, embedded systems, analytics, private networks, etc. Basically, the Internet of Things.

Why are you here? I think the $100 party is only going to be for those who wanted it to get there...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 09:50 AM
    OT:
    HALO
    Helen Torley on CNBC
    Cancer breakthrough targets sugar to enhance treatment: H... | Watch the video - Yahoo Finance

Helen Torley, Halozyme Therapeutics CEO, discusses a new drug that is disrupting the way cancer patients are treated.
    05-18-15 10:16 AM
    Did anyone think Apple would hit $700, or that Zuckerberg's revenge project would make FB worth billions?

BlackBerry has clearly had and turned-down offers. They know what they're worth, and we agree.

Smartphones are a thing of the past. Look to the future when investing. We all invest in BlackBerry because we believe their tech will be important in the future. Security, embedded systems, analytics, private networks, etc. Basically, the Internet of Things.

Why are you here? I think the $100 party is only going to be for those who wanted it to get there...

Posted via CB10
    I think I watched a movie where they showed that Zuckerberg was making deals wearing night gowns? North America is a strange place. Where people make money without brown shoes.

By. BlackBerry Passport User
    05-18-15 10:33 AM
    Looking forward to some of the new features coming with 10.3.2!

BlackBerry Passport 10.3.2 Beta -
    05-18-15 10:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Oh, no...I'm not invited to the party?! Anyway, we will see. FB and Apple are huge for a lot of the reasons BlackBerry are not huge. Smartphones are not a thing of the past...that's ridiculous. Tablets were supposed to be a thing of the past soon from now, weren't they? What about the ol' 'dummy tablet' thing everyone was excited about? LOL. Look, let's be real. If BlackBerry give up smartphones as things of the past, almost none of you will be in this forum on your iPhones or Androids talking every day about which embedded systems announcements are coming up, or getting frothy over Photoshop renders of cutting edge IoT toasters. I'm here because I like BlackBerry and because I find you guys entertaining and sometimes informative. I just happen not to religiously believe whatever Chen or a BlackBerry spokesperson says to the media.

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK and CDM76 like this.
    05-18-15 10:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's been well above that, so it's not uncharted, just distant. I wouldn't expect a 10 fold jump within a few months, but it could certainly reach that once the turnaround starts to show real results. Dream small, get small. Dream big, get big.
    05-18-15 11:04 AM
    Oh, no...I'm not invited to the party?! Anyway, we will see. FB and Apple are huge for a lot of the reasons BlackBerry are not huge. Smartphones are not a thing of the past...that's ridiculous. Tablets were supposed to be a thing of the past soon from now, weren't they? What about the ol' 'dummy tablet' thing everyone was excited about? LOL. Look, let's be real. If BlackBerry give up smartphones as things of the past, almost none of you will be in this forum on your iPhones or Androids talking every day about which embedded systems announcements are coming up, or getting frothy over Photoshop renders of cutting edge IoT toasters. I'm here because I like BlackBerry and because I find you guys entertaining and sometimes informative. I just happen not to religiously believe whatever Chen or a BlackBerry spokesperson says to the media.

Posted via CB10
    well, Ipad sales are down over 20% yoy....so maybe not dead yet, but the trends are going that direction

Apple iPad Sales Decrease Again - IGN

and:

"The collapse of the tablet market in 2014 was alarming," said Ranjit Atwal, research director at Gartner

Gartner Says Tablet Sales Continue to Be Slow in 2015
    05-18-15 11:07 AM
    One more time . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-no-bovine-scatter.jpg
    05-18-15 11:30 AM
    OT, but maybe not,

I want Slider now!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 11:40 AM
    OT:

Yikes... the hacker's claim hasn't been corroborated / confirmed, but this is alarming. Short story: hacker claims to have used the plane's infotainment system to overwrite control code, giving him the ability to control the engines.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...sytems-n360331

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 12:07 PM
    well, Ipad sales are down over 20% yoy....so maybe not dead yet, but the trends are going that direction

and:

"The collapse of the tablet market in 2014 was alarming," said Ranjit Atwal, research director at Gartner

Not to mention the first time ever that smartphone shipments in China have shrunk...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...one-sales.html

"Western Europe saw its first year-on-year decline in sales value in the first quarter, falling 1pc to $12.4bn, weighed down by France and Spain in particular as these countries inch closer to smartphone saturation, which means that almost every consumer already has a smartphone."

Posted via CB10
    take99, zyben, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    05-18-15 12:10 PM

and:

Depends on whether sales are down because no one wants a tablet, or whether sales are down because nearly everyone has already got one.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 12:17 PM
    OT:

Yikes... the hacker's claim hasn't been corroborated / confirmed, but this is alarming. Short story: hacker claims to have used the plane's infotainment system to overwrite control code, giving him the ability to control the engines.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...sytems-n360331

Posted via CB10
    That's scary!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 12:17 PM
    OT:

Computer Security Expert Claims to Have Taken Over Plane's Systems - NBC News
    Thanks. More on this:
    FBI flight hacker claims queried by security experts - BBC News
    05-18-15 12:22 PM
    Depends on whether sales are down because no one wants a tablet, or whether sales are down because nearly everyone has already got one.

Posted via CB10
    Well, you're the "Marketing Wizard", you tell us!
    take99, Corbu, ibpluto and 6 others like this.
    05-18-15 12:22 PM
    "With revenues finally seeming to be nearing a bottom, investors also have been getting less bearish on the name recently. The latest update on short interest showed under 83 million shares short. As you will see in the chart below, that's the lowest value since September 2012. At the peak, more than 184 million shares were short, so short interest has decreased by more than 100 million shares since June 2013"

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1017993-14318790113453183-bill-maurer.jpg
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/3192...747d9&uprof=25

Me like.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 12:23 PM
    05-18-15 12:25 PM
    CARL ICAHN ISSUES OPEN LETTER TO TIM COOK

It's sickening if you ask me. A shareholder asking the CEO of a company to 'help convince the board' to repurchase more shares. IMO this is Wall Street at it's worst. Greed getting in the way of innovation.

"If you choose not to pursue some of the new categories we highlighted, or you find our growth forecasts too aggressive for any one new category in particular, we’ll be the first to admit that you are more knowledgeable in these areas than we are. But we believe, that under any circumstances, you would agree that in the aggregate, all these new categories taken together (along with those of which we may be unaware) represent one of the greatest growth stories in corporate history, as well as one of the greatest opportunities ever for a company to invest in itself by repurchasing its shares."
    bungaboy, zyben, lech31 and 7 others like this.
    05-18-15 12:26 PM
    CARL ICAHN ISSUES OPEN LETTER TO TIM COOK

It's sickening if you ask me. A shareholder asking the CEO of a company to 'help convince the board' to repurchase more shares. IMO this is Wall Street at it's worst. Greed getting in the way of innovation.
    You jest, right?
    _dimi_, kfh227, zyben and 5 others like this.
    05-18-15 12:28 PM
    This was exactly what I had said months ago when they as in Apple created their larger Iphone 's. Why would I choose to purchase an IPad when I can get a phone that's more advanced and almost same size screen. They screwed up or maybe they knew their sales would drop off once iPhone 6 was created. I personally believe their watch will not be successful. It's much too small and will only appeal to people who are looking to get attention and say they have the latest and greatest. Samsung tried the watch and it seems to be a failure? As people get older their eyesight worsens so people prefer larger not smaller. Anyway looking forward to other people's comments.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 12:29 PM
113,256 ... 33693370337133723373 ...