View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ford says Sync3 better suited for driving than other offerings by Google and Apple.

“[Apple and Google] do have an enormous amount of experience especially in interfacing with communication devices and entertainment,” Greenberg said.

“They’ve created an ecosystem that customers find very compelling, but they are not really experienced at doing these things at 70-80 miles per hour.”

Read more at Ford Sync 3 better for driving than Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, says car maker
    Ford Sync 3 better for driving than Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, says car maker
    bungaboy, jxnb, Corbu and 10 others like this.
    05-13-15 03:40 PM
    "With the BlackBerry "end of life" nearing, it is important that BlackBerry users transition as quickly as possible, the Navy said."

Wtf ? BlackBerry end of life is nearing ? I suspect they just mean on their system but it leaves the impression BlackBerry as a company is EOL. Damn this sh!7 makes me mad ! How many thousands of their users now think BlackBerry as a company is dying .... just from the Navy's wording of this

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 03:59 PM
    An endorsement from Denis Gartman:

05-13-15 04:13 PM
    Ford says Sync3 better suited for driving than other offerings by Google and Apple.

Ford Sync 3 better for driving than Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, says car maker
    Well I just made a $50,000+ car buying decision based on a $600 device. One of Ford's C-suite execs mentioned before that they didn't want customers making such a decision.

Ferrari, Volvo and Hyundai won't see me in their showrooms. I recall reading that Honda/Acura made the same decision to go with either Car play or Android Auto. If I confirm that's true, they will have lost me too. And I've bought several Hondas and Acuras too.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 04:36 PM
    An endorsement from Denis Gartman:

Thanks.

#BBFactCheck
    zyben likes this.
    05-13-15 05:22 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    "Morgan Stanley fined $2 million for short-selling violations

REUTERS Richa Naidu 8 hrs ago
    TWEET
    EMAIL
    Wall Street's industry-funded watchdog said it had fined Morgan Stanley $2 million for violations of short-interest reporting and short-sale rules for more than six years."

Would like to see massive class action law suit against these firms..... SEC is a joke $2m... petty cash fund should cover that...

How about a $1billion dollar fine? .... where is the deterrent???
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 05-13-15 at 06:17 PM.
    3MIKE, bungaboy, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    05-13-15 06:07 PM
    Found this interesting. Anyone know who Dan Dodge is!?

[Highlights]:
    ‎In the strange and cramped basement auditorium of New York�s Museum of Arts and Design QNX founder Dan Dodge is buzzing. BlackBerry CEO John Chen has just finished mapping out his company�s future which has Dodge�s QNX system as the centrepiece of the firm�s survival.

�I was in a meeting with a major OEM and we�re talking about our cloud and what it did. Towards the end they asked me a question; �so, who owns the data?� I blinked and said �you do� and they replied �you are the first person that said that.��

�Microsoft said to us, �you can�t compete with us, we�re going to throw x number of people against you.� We proved them wrong.

�It doesn�t have a line taken from Linux, everything is ours. We own the IP and multiple patents.

�Tizen has been re-invented three times and now Samsung is putting weight behind it in the wearables field, but as a robust secure OS to go into other markets I don�t see anything.�

http://networkedglobe.com/2014/08/12...-rule-the-iot/
    05-13-15 06:59 PM
    After hours OT laugh-along time.
    Good thing I don't have to worry about this, as I don't drink swill coffee:

Starbucks denies reports its mobile app was hacked.
    http://fortune.com/2015/05/13/starbu...ampaign=buffer

Shout-out to Dusdal.
    bungaboy, rarsen, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    05-13-15 07:10 PM
    After hours OT laugh-along time.
    Good thing I don't have to worry about this, as I don't drink swill coffee:

Starbucks denies reports its mobile app was hacked.
    http://fortune.com/2015/05/13/starbu...ampaign=buffer

Shout-out to Dusdal.
    Haha thanks for the shout out!

C00039A66

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 07:19 PM
    05-13-15 07:59 PM
    Bit OT - are the trial retracted/timed messages we've had since the update per month, or was that 'forever' unless we pay for the subscription?

�9/year for full-featured BBM. That's going to makes millions*

*unless almost everyone ignores it and just gets mildly annoyed instead.

This move seems crazily expensive, and reminding users every month that their messaging app costs money seems a strange decision over charging once a year...but I'm a bear of little brain. I'm sure I've missed something very important and obvious, and should be rejoicing because it's going to send the SP upwards very soon, but it's hard, so hard.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with what you were trying to say.

Charges should be one-time or once a year. $x/mo is not great, I think.

There are probably 100,000 BlackBerry users that are super hardcore fan and will buy anything BlackBerry. So, I guess, JC is trying to get a dollar / month from these users.

I think if it was only $1.99/year, maybe a million users would have subscribed. Who knows.

I do think this reeks of desparation though. Instead of expanding market, BBM is just trying to get more out of same, limited set of userbase. I was hoping bbm would do whatever it took to expand userbase. I wish that's the strategy they had taken.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1, georg4BB and iamagod like this.
    05-13-15 08:17 PM
    05-13-15 08:32 PM
    https://n4bb.com/blackberry-ranked-3...e-brand-india/

BlackBerry Ranked 3rd Most Exciting Mobile Brand in India

According to a report released by The Economic Times, BlackBerry has secured a position as the third most �exciting� brand of 2015 in the mobile category in India, only beaten by Samsung and Apple.

The south Asian nation with its humongous population of 1.2bn people has been one of BlackBerry�s most important markets, and the company has focused on releasing mid-range smartphones in India before rolling them out to customers in other countries. The reason Samsung and Apple have been more popular among users here is the lack of marketing on BlackBerry�s end.

Nevertheless, it is exciting to see that BlackBerry has not entirely lost the place it once held in people�s hearts. Hopefully, the BlackBerry Leap will be successful in the market it was aimed at.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 09:14 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150512_190650.jpg
    New Leap and Classic that have arrived along with my daily driver Passport! Hesitating if I should use Classic as daily driver instead. Leap is for someone else.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    05-13-15 09:52 PM
    Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 12:03 AM
    Someone earlier asked about how NantHealth will be able to store so much data. I can't recall who it was, but I found this blurb:

--------------
    During his keynote, Soon-Shiong showed off a prototype consumer-controlled device called NantPorter that stores vast amounts of patient data*and transfers it over a very high-speed connection to a*smartphone, tablet or PC.

He also confirmed that a planned initial public offering for NantHealth is in process, but declined to give more details.

http://medcitynews.com/2015/05/soon-...product-audio/

G'nite! [drops mike].
    rarsen, Mr BBRY, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    05-14-15 12:40 AM

There are probably 100,000 BlackBerry users that are super hardcore fan and will buy anything BlackBerry. So, I guess, JC is trying to get a dollar / month from these users.

I think if it was only $1.99/year, maybe a million users would have subscribed. Who knows.

I do think this reeks of desparation though. Instead of expanding market, BBM is just trying to get more out of same, limited set of userbase. I was hoping bbm would do whatever it took to expand userbase. I wish that's the strategy they had taken.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, also, with regards to timed messages, most of the 'fun' of that feature, and of Snapchat, is to be able to send them back and forth between friends. But BlackBerry has made that require that both friends have a subscription. This is going to be rare, and they've killed the buzz of their own app. I do hope they change their mind.

Once again, it's as though they were saying 'Stop drinking Coke, people! Drink Pepsi...but you've got to drink it standing on one leg and pay a lot more for it...'

Anyway, GO BlackBerry!!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 01:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    As an enterprise focused company, the month to month makes more sense. Employees come and go. Often not replaced right away. Month to month allows a company to add and end subscriptions as needed as opposed to adding the feature to a pin that may not be with the company in a couple of months. You are still looking at these offering from retail consumer point of view.
    05-14-15 01:27 AM
    As an enterprise focused company, the month to month makes more sense. Employees come and go. Often not replaced right away. Month to month allows a company to add and end subscriptions as needed as opposed to adding the feature to a pin that may not be with the company in a couple of months. You are still looking at these offering from retail consumer point of view.
    That's what BBM protected is for. Consumer offering of BBM has to be priced differently. L

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-14-15 01:45 AM
    That's what BBM protected is for. Consumer offering of BBM has to be priced differently. L

Posted via CB10
    well here's the thing. Sure Snapchat is free. How much money do they make? It's the same feature. Eventually this little bubble of socail media platforms is going to bust. Look at TWTR. They still struggle and they sell advertising as well as your data. Then there's LNKD who can't make money. Whatsapp?... well FB still has no plans to monetize... heck, they have your full address book now and have a further inroad to target market you.

Now, what is BB supposed to do? Well, they're supposed to try and make money. These other guys don't really give two sh1ts as the user base will attract VC's out the wahhoo.

Now, I'm not sober so this may not be typed out as clearly as it presents in my head but I hope the idea is planted as intended.
    _dimi_, q649, jxnb and 16 others like this.
    05-14-15 02:25 AM
    well here's the thing. Sure Snapchat is free. How much money do they make? It's the same feature. Eventually this little bubble of socail media platforms is going to bust. Look at TWTR. They still struggle and they sell advertising as well as your data. Then there's LNKD who can't make money. Whatsapp?... well FB still has no plans to monetize... heck, they have your full address book now and have a further inroad to target market you.

Now, what is BB supposed to do? Well, they're supposed to try and make money. These other guys don't really give two sh1ts as the user base will attract VC's out the wahhoo.

Now, I'm not sober so this may not be typed out as clearly as it presents in my head but I hope the idea is planted as intended.
    I get that. But how do you make money without expanding your market share first? If you charge consumers for features that they take for granted on other IMs, you are not going to get anymore users.

If you don't get anymore users, existing users are not going to find their friends on bbm. If they don't find their friends on bbm, they'd ditch bbm.

So, how does bbm make money off of a small-user base that is now incentivized to ditch bbm (because their friends are using other IMs that provide such consumer features for free)???

Go ahead, make money from enterprise offering, but don't make consumer offering so expensive (compared to FREE).

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    05-14-15 06:14 AM
    Completely OT:

Published on May 11, 2015
    We mark a new milestone in the chapter of human flight. Join Jetman Yves Rossy and his protege, Jetman Vince Reffet as they explore the limits in the city of dreams.

"The real dream is to be completely free"
    Watch two crazy people fly jetpacks over Dubai in 4K | The Verge

Have a good day!
    jxnb, sidhuk, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    05-14-15 07:05 AM
    I get that. But how do you make money without expanding your market share first? If you charge consumers for features that they take for granted on other IMs, you are not going to get anymore users.

If you don't get anymore users, existing users are not going to find their friends on bbm. If they don't find their friends on bbm, they'd ditch bbm.

So, how does bbm make money off of a small-user base that is now incentivized to ditch bbm (because their friends are using other IMs that provide such consumer features for free)???

Go ahead, make money from enterprise offering, but don't make consumer offering so expensive (compared to FREE).

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely right.

Also, this enterprise explanation doesn't really account for the custom pins with the slightly cheesy advertising photo by the private jet, or sticker packs that are coming out almost daily. BlackBerry are clearly trying to connect to the consumer with BBM. Any claims that it's enterprise they are focused on sound like spin to me.

I recently had some pretty lady sending saucy pics via BBM, which she had not had since the olden days. She was impressed with the new BBM, and particularly thought the message retraction thing was clever. Anyway, then BBM decide to charge for it, and her reaction is 'WTF? Why would I pay nearly �10/year for that?'

Now, I know there is always an explanation in here for everything BlackBerry do, and that I am a clueless *****, but THREE different subscriptions @ �9/yr each is something else. BlackBerry are having an absolute giraffe on this one - the 'fully loaded' BBM costs �27/year...and that's ON SALE! You've almost got to laugh to save yourself from crying.

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    05-14-15 07:19 AM
    Yeah, I agree. To pay $1 a year for each of these services is okay. $1 per month is too much.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 07:33 AM
    05-14-15 07:37 AM
113,256 ... 33643365336633673368 ...