View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Love this quote "'If the member wants the latest Apple apps or Snapchats with friends, he can do it on his own dime.'- Michael Harris, MPP*"
    Corbu, CDM76, morganplus8 and 8 others like this.
    05-11-15 01:22 PM
    I owe an apology to everyone on this forum for any negative comments I may have made towards AAPL. I owe them a sincere thanks for the +5% on BBRY today!
    05-11-15 01:26 PM
    I owe an apology to everyone on this forum for any negative comments I may have made towards AAPL. I owe them a sincere thanks for the +5% on BBRY today!
    their products are still over priced toys lol
    georg4BB, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    05-11-15 01:28 PM
    I will say this, IF any big player makes an offer to BBRY then there will be 3 or 4 competing offers. Apple, Samsung, Microsoft would not let each other get blackberry for cheap
    Wouldn't that be nice. A bidding war for BlackBerry. LoL

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    05-11-15 01:31 PM
    Anyone seen Amber's bet??

JC is a funny guy. He might sell the company just to see her loose the hair :-)

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, Bilaal and 6 others like this.
    05-11-15 01:34 PM
    05-11-15 01:34 PM
    Wouldn't that be nice. A bidding war for BlackBerry. LoL

Posted via CB10
    I truly think that is what will happen. Samsung doesn't want Apple to have blackberry and apple doesnt want samsung to have blackberry and what better way to get into the enterprise for microsoft to buy blackberry. I just think once there is one offical bid that we will see more.
    05-11-15 01:35 PM
    In all seriousness, if history has been any lesson to us, our thinking should be that John Chen did not have a sudden change of heart and BlackBerry is not for sale. Rather a strategic partnership may be in the works between BBRY and AAPL. After 17mm shares traded and up 6% today, this might be more than a rumor. That's my guess.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    05-11-15 01:41 PM
    Rumour time...
    The No. 1 Reason For Apple To Acquire BlackBerry - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) | Benzinga

There's a new rumor claiming that Apple Inc. might be interested in acquiring BlackBerry Ltd. The off-the-wall deal is likely rooted in the belief that BlackBerry's security services could be worth billions of dollars.

Even then, investors might wonder about the validity of this rumor. Why would Apple, the most valuable company in the world, pay $5 billion for BlackBerry?

Sean Udall, CIO of Quantum Trading Strategies and author of The TechStrat Report, has one theory. He said that, in most scenarios, the Department of Justice and other government organizations would prevent Apple from acquiring BlackBerry due to monopoly laws. That could change if the world's largest governments started to fear that BlackBerry may not be around in five or 10 years.

At the very least, they may worry that the company will not be able to fulfill its obligation to protect the mobile devices used be these governments.

"If that were to happen, there would be no DOJ [or] EU issues," Udall told Benzinga. "The one way this deal might work is if the U.S. governments [and others] basically want Apple to buy them because they're worried that BlackBerry, effectively, won't be around in its current form."

On the downside, this could lead to a bidding war -- especially if Apple can acquire the company at a fair price. Udall said a "good deal" would be $15 a share, but that could attract the attention of Microsoft Corporation and Amazon.com, Inc., among others.

"The two companies that should have already bought BlackBerry are Google and Microsoft," said Udall. "They could make it work and that would basically satisfy [the issues]."

If Apple is ever (as Udall put it) "cajoled" into buying BlackBerry and a bidding war occurred, Udall thinks Apple might happily walk away and let the others take over -- even if the world's largest governments wanted Apple to stay in the race. In other words, Apple's only reason for buying BlackBerry would be to appease world leaders. Alternatively, Udall said there is always the possibility that Apple will acquire a piece of BlackBerry, such as its Network Operations Center.

"Maybe Apple doesn't buy anything else but they do effectively buy and take over [NOC]," Udall concluded.

BlackBerry spiked sharply when the unconfirmed rumor hit on Monday morning. Shares traded recently at $10.20, up 3.3 percent on the day.
    rarsen, 3MIKE and zyben like this.
    05-11-15 01:44 PM
    Since this is just a rumor, and likely a false rumor, does anyone here plan on selling their shares on this pop?
    05-11-15 01:50 PM
    Rumor me not !
    Lol.
    If ever, I wait for the fight anyways.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, Greened and 1 others like this.
    05-11-15 01:58 PM
    If it was a pop like samsung to 13 then maybe. Not under 11 no way...

Posted via CB10
    MasterMoe likes this.
    05-11-15 02:08 PM
    If it was a pop like samsung to 13 then maybe. Not under 11 no way...

Posted via CB10
    Not even going to unload everything. The next day it could double that.

#BBFactCheck
    05-11-15 02:11 PM
    Rolled my May 15 9s (1.17...gave them away) into 2017 10s.

Glad I didn't sell them last Friday. Can't stomach the volatility on those ones this week. Bought them for .47 ...can't be too greedy.
    Dope! Should have remembered Michael Douglas' wise words! haha

All good let's keep the SP up here and moving higher!....breaking 10.45 (?) resistance is gonna be tough...! ??

Blackberry might come out again and say they are not in talks to be acquired. This is likely just partnership (with Apple) talks.
    05-11-15 02:17 PM
    Call-focused traders are flooding BlackBerry Ltd's (NASDAQ:BBRY) options pits, apparently in response to unsubstantiated takeover rumors. The contracts are changing hands at five times the normal intraday pace, as the May 10 call leads the way. Over 10,600 contracts have been exchanged here, and it looks like some traders are buying to open the contracts in hopes the shares will extend their gains beyond $10 by week's end, when the options expire.
    M&A Rumors Bring Out BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Bulls - Schaeffer's Investment Research
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    05-11-15 02:20 PM
    Short interest down 11 million:

4/30/2015 82,769,839 7,758,355 10.668478
    4/15/2015 93,833,295 6,431,694 14.589204

Read more: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    kadakn01, Mr BBRY, W Hoa and 18 others like this.
    05-11-15 03:13 PM
    Since this is just a rumor, and likely a false rumor, does anyone here plan on selling their shares on this pop?
    I did at $10.25, as soon as my order got filled, it went straight up...LOL
    Still holding a lot of it though.
    05-11-15 03:16 PM
    Short interest down 11 million:

4/30/2015 82,769,839 7,758,355 10.668478
    4/15/2015 93,833,295 6,431,694 14.589204

Read more: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    Maybe the big guys are starting to take a stake and soon will be publishing much higher PTs to launch this stock. They probably need the June ER to show good software traction, add in some hard partnership info (need more info on Samsung or Apple partnerships...whatever they are working on) to the thesis. Overnight they will be printing $15 PTs and stock will move to 13.50.
    _dimi_ and 3MIKE like this.
    05-11-15 03:32 PM
    China’s smartphone market, world’s largest, shrinks in first-quarter

BEIJING — Reuters

Published Monday, May. 11 2015, 7:30 AM EDT

China’s smartphone market has reached saturation, according to a new study by industry analyst IDC that carries potentially significant implications for the global handset industry led by giants like Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.

During the first quarter of 2015, smartphone shipments in the world’s most populous country shrank for the first time in six years to 98.8 million, down 4.3 per cent from a year earlier, IDC said in report on a Monday, attributing the slump to “market saturation”.

. . .

China?s smartphone market, world?s largest, shrinks in first-quarter - The Globe and Mail
    rarsen, jxnb, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    05-11-15 05:56 PM
    I'm a little hung over this morning....why is the SP bouncing from 10 to 10.10 back and forth like a ping pong ball? Or is it just me :P

Nice lift from 9.80. Is there any news??
    Here brother...lets keep it going.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150418_230848_hdr.jpg

Classically Posted.
    05-11-15 07:15 PM
    Here brother...lets keep it going.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150418_230848_hdr.jpg 
Views:	1928 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	352311

Classically Posted.
    I'm in

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 07:18 PM
    "... Why would Apple... pay 5B for BlackBerry..."?

There isn't enough space for me to type hahaha on this post to reflect how laughable that moronic statement is.
    The fact is that besides BlackBerry board of directors, unless large holders, world governments and all involved voted yes, Apple couldn't buy BlackBerry for all the tea in China. I don't think these fools realize how valuable BlackBerry is. It's more than a simple money game.

As for BlackBerry not being around. How can this genius even speculate at this point? BlackBerry has shown nothing but promise, direction, and dare I say... innovation.
    Anyone own an Apple watch?
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 05-11-15 at 09:00 PM.
    05-11-15 08:49 PM
    Short interest took a big drop down, today's pop could of just been shorts covering as much as they could before the cat was out of the bag that they have started covering.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 09:02 PM
    ...Oh, and while we are on the Apple tip, according to StatCounter, both worldwide and North American markets are showing that Apple use is on the decline (grey line in center):

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150511_190151.png
    bungaboy, sidhuk, zyben and 6 others like this.
    05-11-15 09:04 PM
    I'm in

Posted via CB10
    Looks yummy. What you got in there? Stout?
    05-11-15 09:25 PM
113,251 ... 33603361336233633364 ...