View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yes... so the two new devices in early 2016?
    1) Porsche Design Passport and 2)???

Posted via CB10
    The passport 2 ? I really hope they keep the passport name this time around. Getting tired of new phone name every 4-6 months.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 08:43 PM
    Here are some tweets from a guy that was at the luncheon, to add to Corbu's and others' snippets:

Much media, heathcare and technology reps here.

Many CEO's with their head IT reps here.

Major medical company CEO at our table with IT partner came to settle their mind in going with BES12. + 2000 Leaps.

Chen would like the TSX to have a bigger impact on BB stock.

Chen stated at least ten iconic companys that had fallen out of grace and came back stronger." I assure you, we are at that stage..."

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-stream.jpg
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 05-05-15 at 09:30 PM.
    05-05-15 09:19 PM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Here are some tweets from a guy that was at the luncheon, to add to Corbu's and others' snippets:

Much media, heathcare and technology reps here.

Many CEO's with their head IT reps here.

Major medical company CEO at our table with IT partner came to settle their mind in going with BES12. + 2000 Leaps.

Chen would like the TSX to have a bigger impact on BB stock.

Chen stated at least ten iconic companys that had fallen out of grace and came back stronger." I assure you, we are at that stage..."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stream.jpg 
Views:	1302 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	351365

"Chen would like the TSX to have a bigger impact on BB stock."

Yeah.. he knows how much it's being artificially manipulated (shorted, etc) on NASDAK by the players (MS, GS, etc...) ...

TSX way more transparent, balanced and less prone to nonsense that goes on in the US...

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, jxnb, Superfly_FR and 5 others like this.
    05-05-15 09:38 PM
    "Chen would like the TSX to have a bigger impact on BB stock."

Yeah.. he knows how much it's being artificially manipulated (shorted, etc) on NASDAK by the players (MS, GS, etc...) ...

TSX way more transparent, balanced and less prone to nonsense that goes on in the US...

Posted via CB10
    Same smell, but different name.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-05-15 09:54 PM
    Is Chen talking about de-listing from NASDAQ and going TSX only?
    05-06-15 12:35 AM
    No clarification on that one yet, but as I see it, we more-or-less just follow the US market anyway.

Case in point?
    Egads! Never mind. I don't want to look.
    Perhaps Corbu will find more on this.

Here's to the climb back up....
    05-06-15 01:26 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Nope.... just wants the TSE to play a more significant role.... I can understand why....

Posted via CB10
    kadakn01, Corbu, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    05-06-15 05:47 AM
    Nope.... just wants the TSE to play a more significant role.... I can understand why....

Posted via CB10
    How does TSX play more role? I thought BlackBerry 's base (reporting) currency is USD. And hence NASDAQ is their base exchange. If they want tsx to play bigger role, well, they'd have to delist from nasdaq then. Won't they?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 07:49 AM
    BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Dip Draws Bearish Attention - Schaeffer's Investment Research

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) puts have been the options of choice for a while now. The stock's 50-day International Securities Exchange (ISE), Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), and NASDAQ OMX PHLX (PHLX) put/call volume ratio is 0.51, which ranks in the bearishly skewed 97th percentile of its annual range.

There's plenty more skepticism where that came from. In fact, among the 19 analysts tracking BBRY, 16 rate it a "hold" or worse. Also, nearly one-fifth of the security's float is sold short, which represents more than seven sessions' worth of pent-up buying demand, at the stock's average daily trading volume.

Pessimism is prevailing today, as well. Roughly 11,000 puts are on the tape -- a 70% mark-up to the average intraday amount, and outdistancing calls by a 4,000-contract margin. Most active is the in-the-money June 12 put, where it seems traders are purchasing new positions. By scooping up these puts at a volume-weighted average price (VWAP) of $2.01, the buyers foresee BBRY settling below $9.99 (strike less VWAP) at the close on Friday, June 19, when the back-month options expire.

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is currently sitting south of that breakeven point, off 2.4% at $9.91 amid broad-market headwinds. However, the stock remains a long-term outperformer, adding 29% year-over-year. If BBRY bounces from its underfoot 10-week moving average -- located at $9.85 -- an unwinding of the aforementioned pessimism could result in tailwinds.

Article by
    Alex Eppstein
    05-06-15 07:55 AM
    so wtf....no support until 9.60 and 9.47? How does it tank from 10.40 to 9.80 with no news.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-06-15 09:15 AM
    so wtf....no support until 9.60 and 9.47? How does it tank from 10.40 to 9.80 with no news.
    Same at AAPL, GOOGL, MSFT. All down 4-5% the last 5 days. Nothing special here for BBRY, imho.
    bungaboy, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    05-06-15 09:25 AM
    OT:
    German Car Makers Preparing Formal Bid for Nokia?s Here Map Service With China?s Baidu - WSJ
    BMW, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz eager to acquire technology needed to run self-driving cars

Germany’s big-three premium-brand auto makers are preparing to launch a formal bid to acquire a majority stake in Nokia Corp.’s Here mapping unit, in a consortium that includes Chinese technology group Baidu Inc. and values Here at “considerably more than €2 billion,” according to people familiar with the situation.

BMW AG, Audi AG, and Daimler AG’s Mercedes-Benz are usually fierce rivals in the market for luxury automobiles. But they are so worried about Silicon Valley’s ambitions that they are banding together to acquire Nokia’s mapping unit to prevent a technology giant such as Google Inc.,Apple Inc. or Facebook Inc. from gaining control of a key part of the technology needed to run self-driving cars and in-car digital services.

“The greatest threat to the automobile industry would be if Google developed an operating system for self-driving cars and made it available free to everyone,” said a person familiar with the situation. “We need the map for the operating system in the cars.”

Talks have reached an advanced stage and are likely to conclude within the next two weeks, according to people familiar with the situation. Specific details such as price and the distribution of specific stakes are still in flux, these people said.

The German car makers are aiming to acquire a controlling majority. Baidu and an undisclosed financial investor in the group would acquire minority stakes. Nokia would retain a minority stake.

Nokia, which last month raised the possibility of selling Here, said during its annual shareholders meeting on Tuesday that it could still decide to keep the mapping service.

But people familiar with the situation said the company is negotiating to sell most of Here and is confident that the German-led consortium could easily finance and quickly close a deal and that the Germans will invest in the business.

A second investor group made up of several undisclosed private-equity investors is looking to finance an acquisition of Here using debt, which one person said could make it difficult for Here to invest in its growth.

Nokia declined to comment.

The German auto makers hope to stay a step ahead of Google by taking control of Nokia’s Here, which one person described as the most advanced digital mapping service in the world. The car makers plan to invest further in the service to transform it into the eyes and ears of self-driven cars and the foundation to develop in-car digital services.

Separately, Audi is expected to announce a “far-reaching cooperation” with China’s Baidu at the China CES consumer electronics show in Shanghai later this month, the person said. Baidu is an important partner because it is creating a high definition map of China, the world’s biggest car market by sales. Google is not allowed to map China.

Under the agreement with the German consortium, Baidu can use Here’s technology only in China. Baidu declined to comment.

Another person familiar with the car makers’ plans said the consortium of German premium car makers approached German Chancellor Angela Merkel, asking her to encourage the Finnish government to back the German bid. It is unclear whether Ms. Merkel acted on the request. Nokia is based in Espoo, Finland.

The German government declined to comment.

German auto makers began thinking about acquiring the Here business after Nokia announced on April 15 that it would conduct a “review of strategic options, including a potential divestment” of Here. The review was prompted by Nokia’s deal to acquire network equipment maker Alcatel-Lucent.
    Nokia saw Here as a strategic asset for its mobile-phone business. In 2008, Nokia expanded the service with the acquisition of a company called Navteq to help it integrate the mapping services in Nokia’s mobile phones. After Nokia sold its mobile-phone business, it began to question Here’s strategic rationale.

Here generated a loss of €32 million last year, but the business is growing. It generated revenue of €970 million in 2014, an increase of 6% from the year before. Nokia has identified Here’s fair value at about €2 billion, or $2.24 billion.

In addition to the German auto makers, Here’s customers include General Motors Co, Ford Motor Co, Jaguar Land Rover, Honda Motor Co, Nissan Motor Co and Renault SA. Here says it controls about 80% of the market for on-board navigation systems in cars in the U.S. and Europe.

On April 29, Nokia executives discussed a potential sale of a majority stake in Here with negotiators representing the German car maker consortium, one person familiar with the talks said. The talks focused on price and on the concern of the German car makers that a sale of Here to a U.S. technology company could pose a competitive threat to European auto makers.

Another person familiar with those talks said the German car makers, a large customer of the Here service, threatened to stop using the service if it were sold to a company like Facebook or Uber Technologies Inc. The German car makers have since toned down their language, fearing such threats could lead to suspicion they are building a cartel, the person said.
    05-06-15 09:28 AM
    I think in your question lies the answer. Personally wished I bailed on it last week and went for the PSDV play. As it looks to be perking up a bit as we head into Friday.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    q649 and CDM76 like this.
    05-06-15 09:29 AM
    Market having a c r a p due to Alberta election. A little lower and I buy in to ride it back up!

Posted with my flash Passport
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-06-15 09:52 AM
    I am thinking about these factors that are/may be contributing to the stock market slump in general:

� it's May (whatever that means).
    � Greek Crisis.
    � US election.
    � Alberta election that some mentioned(?)
    � TSX and US market indexes down.
    � Silent time again (specific to BlackBerry).
    ** Wildcard: US economy on the verge of collapse.

Anyone want to add/remove or clarify?
    05-06-15 10:35 AM
    http://www.cso.com.au/article/574311...windows-phone/

Very long comparison article .

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-06-15 11:21 AM
    +1 yeah.

... as a Computer Science graduate of University of Waterloo I have strong history there also... I established one of the largest scholarships there....

Waterloo is Silicon Valley North... many of Canada's tech startups originated there and I would love nothing more than a rebirth of BlackBerry and the return of that iconic Brand... and the spinoff benefits for that region, and the university of Waterloo Computer science and Engineering faculties, in particular.

CEO Chen has my confidence that, over time, the right moves are being made....

Was impressed by his focus and candor... Devices still part of the Solution going forward, but software and services will be the bread and butter moving ahead.

Company had stabilized and is generating cash, but now must begin to show revenue growth.... for investors and consumers to gain confidence.

Amen!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your scholarship establishment to reinvest back into Canada's future and growth hub.

There aren't many CEO/CIOs out there that have the candour, experience, knowledge and skills that John Chen does. A strategist/tactician that can execute is something employees, stockholders dream for. He could have retired but decided to take on this challenge because he feels a world with BlackBerry will be a better place than without. That I can stand behind.

I work for a very large organization in a regulated industry with many competing interests (as well as an noticeable increase in IT folk that don't know a lick of IT, IT security, privacy and business management). Thankfully, when the mobile contract was up, the enterprise decision was to stick with BlackBerry BES with a huge fleet of Classics and older BB10 inventory (Z30s, Q10s, Q5s). I'm sure I'll start to see some Leaps coming into the fold.

The #1 business app where I am is still e-mail and traditional forms of communications like voice calls and messaging so it is paramount to utilizing this efficiently, cost effectively and reliably in a productive manner. With this requires a built in infrastructure to automate regulations and business processes with most strict security and privacy wrapped around it. This can only be achieved with end-to-end mobile management and ideally with a single vendor. BlackBerry is the company best suited for this and provides the best total cost of ownership (TCO) out there to meet these requirements. Too many hands in the pot (3rd party vendors) will lead to too many breaking points and dependencies that will seriously increase risk.

So for John Chen to go back to focus on BlackBerry's strengths and stabilizing the cash flow, while surrounding himself with trusted executives that have fought with him in the trenches (ie Sybase/SAP), I have the utmost confidence that he can turn this thing around as well as equally focusing on the importance of changing the internal culture of BlackBerry. The tech industry and Wall Street knows the make of John Chen and he's proved himself before.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 12:16 PM
    Looks as though Kahn Brothers Group has added to its position in BBRY:

Kahn Brothers Buy More Shares Of Blackberry Ltd. (BBRY)
    05-06-15 01:08 PM
    I am thinking about these factors that are/may be contributing to the stock market slump in general:

� it's May (whatever that means).
    � Greek Crisis.
    � US election.
    � Alberta election that some mentioned(?)
    � TSX and US market indexes down.
    � Silent time again (specific to BlackBerry).

Yes, they seem to be valid reasons for the dip.

US economy came to a halt this quarter, only 0.2% gain. Not sure what the expectation was but I'm guessing the stronger US Dollar had an impact on it....

With the economic report down compared to the previous quarters it looks like consumer confidence came down as well, and spending contracting from the news impacting the index from the looks of it....

All those reasons seem to be short term though and hopefully will pick up next quarter and resume confidence in consumer spending....
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    05-06-15 01:31 PM

• it's May (whatever that means).
    • Greek Crisis.
    • US election.
    • Alberta election that some mentioned(?)
    • TSX and US market indexes down.
    • Silent time again (specific to BlackBerry).

FWIW:
    Federal Reserve's Janet Yellen in share price warning - BBC News
    rarsen, zyben, kadakn01 and 3 others like this.
    05-06-15 01:36 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

Police no longer need a warrant for cell phone records, court rules | ZDNet
    "The United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit reversed its decision Tuesday, ruling that citizens have "no expectation of privacy" when a third-party company holds their records." ????
    05-06-15 02:03 PM
    05-06-15 02:23 PM
    How does TSX play more role? I thought BlackBerry 's base (reporting) currency is USD. And hence NASDAQ is their base exchange. If they want tsx to play bigger role, well, they'd have to delist from nasdaq then. Won't they?

Posted via CB10
    I think he's asking Canadians to trade more bb.to and less bbry. Liquidity on options are a bit thin though, if that's your vehicle. Note that Fairfax isn't listed in the US, likely because of price manipulation / regulatory capture, so you might be right. In Canada the regulators are not captured, just fragmented and clueless. Typical random penny stock / boiler house games are more common than full on systemic price manipulation.

Posted via CB10
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    05-06-15 02:33 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-down-channel.png

Novice TA chart made by me. Is BBRY in a downward price channel until revenue stabilization?
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    05-06-15 03:49 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Down Channel.png 
Views:	1535 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	351542

Novice TA chart made by me. Is BBRY in a downward price channel until revenue stabilization?
    Take into account that both the high and low points in that chart were artificially manufactured. The high point by an unfounded rumor, and the low point by attacks by MS/GS, firms that have financial interests in BB's competition. Take those two points out and you have the sideways channel that Morgan has pointed out in the past.
    05-06-15 04:17 PM
113,256 ... 33553356335733583359 ...