• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%

I do what I can.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-03-15 01:20 PM
    OT

Just updated my HOD [TSX] and U [TSX] charts on the "other stock" thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11610518

trying to drive some traffic that way!
    Heinz Katchup and awindsr like this.
    05-03-15 05:05 PM
    This info was made available a few weeks back Nice to see it getting some traction.

Customer Loyalty Survey Makes a Few Surprising Connections

In its annual Net Promoter Industry Benchmarks Report, a survey of over 30,000 U.S. consumers, Satmetrix found that Trader Joe's has some of the most loyal customers in the grocery sector and that Blackberry is on the rise after years of challenges. The survey collected data on the brands consumer behaviors such as the likeliness of getting a referral or repurchase rate. The company crunches the numbers to create a Net Promoter Score.

"A high Net Promoter Score means that a company is more likely to experience lower customer acquisition costs, greater customer lifetime value and, ultimately, more sustainable growth," said Brendan Rocks, head of data science at Satmetrix.

As for BlackBerry, it's not just Kim Kardashian and rapper Drake who love the once-ubiquitous smart phone. Although BlackBerry had the lowest score in the smartphone category, it had the highest increase--up 15 points from last year--in the 2015 study.

"While Apple and Samsung have the two highest scores, BlackBerry's NPS is now roughly equivalent to Nokia, HTC and Motorola," said Rocks. "This is a quite a turnaround from a year ago, where there was a significant gap between BlackBerry and everyone else. The new models released over the last year seem to have helped; we measured increased perceptions of screen quality."
    Customer Loyalty Survey Makes a Few Surprising Connections*|*Chris Barnes
    05-03-15 06:58 PM
    India:
    Blackberry targets small and medium enterprises, ties up with Samsung to grow in services - The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: BlackBerry has cornered a bulk of India's enterprise market with its security and mobile device management solutions, a top executive said. It is now targeting small and medium enterprises and a tie-up with Samsung to further boost revenue from the software and services segment in the country, said Sunil Lalvani, the Canadian company's India operations head.

"We have a 40% share in the India enterprise segment, which comprises 7,000 large enterprises," Lalvani told ET. He said the increase in market share has primarily been driven by its latest crossplatform BES12 solution, with the Android platform contributing most to the growth.

BlackBerry's efforts to shift focus more towards software and services from selling smartphones have started paying off globally, as well as in India. BlackBerry India posted high double-digit growth in software and services revenue in three months ended on February 28. Globally, it reported a 20% expansion during the period.

Software contributes 58% and hardware the rest to the company's global revenue. Lalvani said the ratio is similar in India as well. BlackBerry reported a surprising a net profit of $28 million in the past quarter, compared with a $148 million loss in the year-earlier period.

BlackBerry is targeting seven million small and medium enterprises in the country with its BES12 Cloud service. Lalvani said the biggest advantage for the customer in this is the zero-capital expenditure. He said BlackBerry's other enterprise services — BBM Meeting and BBM Protected - are also witnessing strong demand in India.

The company is seeing an uptake in carrier billing model, where its charges are added to the operator's bill, and enhanced SIM-based licensing that allows corporate users to subscribe to its service for a fixed monthly fee. Currently, it is working with Vodafone and Idea Cellular on these models and is hoping to add two more operators to the list in the coming months.

Carrier billing model has helped the BlackBerry to reach out to more mid-market and SMEs in India, Lalvani said.

The company is in advanced talks with Samsung to integrate the marketing teams of the Korean major's KNOX device security system and Black-Berry's sales force.

KNOX is Samsung's enterprise mobile solution, embedded in some Galaxy devices,providing an additional security layer on the Android operating system.

"Wherever there's a possibility for Samsung to position their devices but needs layers of security, it would bring BlackBerry security architecture," Lalvani said.
    05-03-15 08:06 PM
    Again...consumer advertising in the UK with Carphone Warehouse...what are BlackBerry thinking?! (that is a joke, by the way). Looks great...just the sort of thing needed.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 05:18 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security, and & IoT files developing into a new trend:

Manulife turns to fitness, rewarding customers for healthy habits - The Globe and Mail
    "The U.S. program, run by Manulife subsidiary John Hancock Financial Services, gives customers points not only for working out, but also for maintaining good levels of blood glucose, cholesterol and blood pressure, and for eschewing tobacco. The customer is ranked bronze, silver, gold or platinum and can earn a 5-per-cent to 15-per-cent discount on his or her premium the following year. These efforts to reach consumers digitally gave rise to concerns over data security and breeches, but Mr. Guloien said the program has been designed as an a-la-carte system where users are never forced to provide data and there’s no penalty for dropping out, beyond losing out on discounts. Nobody is forced to join."
    05-04-15 07:16 AM
    Again...consumer advertising in the UK with Carphone Warehouse...what are BlackBerry thinking?! (that is a joke, by the way). Looks great...just the sort of thing needed.

Posted via CB10
    Worries me a bit. This is against their strategy. Looks like they are looking to try to hold up rev and take a hit in SG&A. But then again profit is more important. So...hmmmm.....

BTW I love it. Yes they need to get word out there that Blackberry is making this awesome phone!!!
    awindsr likes this.
    05-04-15 07:48 AM
    Worries me a bit. This is against their strategy. Looks like they are looking to try to hold up rev and take a hit in SG&A. But then again profit is more important. So...hmmmm.....

BTW I love it. Yes they need to get word out there that Blackberry is making this awesome phone!!!
    They're not discounting their Passports.. so I'm not sure what the worry is about?

Sometimes a situation is as it appears: a 5 star device that is worth advertising for :-) and I'm sure they still have marketing budget left for these types of marketing campaigns..

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB, bungaboy, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    05-04-15 09:14 AM
    They're not discounting their Passports.. so I'm not sure what the worry is about?
    I think the worry is based on their strategy to market direct to consumers, when they've clearly reiterated their focus on enterprise.

The advert is sending out mixed signals, the lack of apps and toys is answered with "we're focusing on enterprise, so if you want a better camera, sorry", but then we see consumer adverts with reviews from... consumers.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-04-15 09:45 AM
    When it comes to BlackBerry, dammit iif they advertise and worst if they don't. Every one is ready to kick the the cat. BlackBerry can't do anything right.

But here. Can do nothing Bad or something like this.
    Apple wants to ruin Spotify in order to give Beats Music a better shot at success http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheBo...3/to92n54s5Lo/

"Spotify vs. Beats Music: Apple trys to kill off Spotify�s free tier

When Apple finally relaunches Beats Music later this year, it�s going to*have to compete with some of the most popular streaming services on the market, including the seemingly omnipresent Spotify. But Apple knows it�s going to be an uphill battle, which is why we�re inclined to believe a report from The Verge claiming that Apple is trying to convince music labels to force Spotify to drop its free streaming tiers*altogether prior to*the debut of Beats Music.

According to sources familiar with the matter, the Department of Justice has already begun conducting interviews with music industry executives regarding Apple�s potentially suspect business practices.*�All the way up to Tim Cook, these guys are cutthroat,� one music industry source told The Verge.

Of Spotify�s 60 million users, only about 15 million pay for the premium subscription. The rest rely on Spotify�s ad-supported free tier to get their daily dose of streaming music, but if the music industry were to force Spotify to shut down its free option, it would leave Beats Music in prime position to pick up the*45 million users*left behind.

Furthermore, Spotify might only be one of the casualties of the streaming music war Apple is apparently waging*� sources also claim that �Apple offered to pay YouTube�s music licensing fee to Universal Music Group if the label stopped allowing its songs on YouTube.�

Come this June, when Apple is expected to bring Beats Music back to life at WWDC 2015, your options for streaming free music might be depleted, but at least you�ll know who to blame."

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    05-04-15 09:52 AM
    I think the worry is based on their strategy to market direct to consumers, when they've clearly reiterated their focus on enterprise.

The advert is sending out mixed signals, the lack of apps and toys is answered with "we're focusing on enterprise, so if you want a better camera, sorry", but then we see consumer adverts with reviews from... consumers.
    Posted via CB10
    I agree, BlackBerry/Chen did talk solely about Enterprise lately. Sometimes it sounded like "These devices are for Enterprise only, not for you. Don't even think about it, consumer you are!'". One year ago they were more talking about "prosumer", "power user" and so on.
    Anyway, good to see some advertising Seems they have enough money to push the marketing budget, and that's a good sign.
    05-04-15 10:10 AM
    May the 4th be with Blackberry; today and forever!
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, lech31 and 5 others like this.
    05-04-15 10:11 AM
    OT: PSDV....

Woah! Someone just bought a nice block of 34k shares, good enough for 1/2 of an average day's volume. Is that you, Morgan?
    05-04-15 10:17 AM
    OT: PSDV....
    Big volume on PSDV today, I wonder if someone knows something. The only news I can find is this SA article, which does a nice job summarizing the company and its potential:

pSivida, Moore's Law, Pfizer, And The Next Regeneron - pSivida Corp. (NASDAQ:PSDV) | Seeking Alpha

/OT
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    05-04-15 11:02 AM
    OT - took a road trip this weekend and just have to share a few of the stunning views...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150501_190100.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150501_183445_hdr.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150503_134753.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150503_143300.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150503_152206.jpg

All taken with the crappy Z10 camera lol

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 11:22 AM
    CJ, your pics look like the interior of BC, but I think you are from Ontario (?)

That said, I am still long, but I jumped back in today with my other block.

"...Something brewing".
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    05-04-15 12:02 PM

Posted via CB10

After having worked 3+ years in the City, I can tell you the majority of these newspapers are read by the group BlackBerry should be targetting. I guess they'd refer to them as Prosumers. Makes sense in a BYOD environment?!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 12:11 PM
    CJ, your pics look like the interior of BC, but I think you are from Ontario (?)

That said, I am still long, but I jumped back in today with my other block.

"...Something brewing".
    It is BC, and yes, I am from Ontario. Been out here taking care of a few things. Should be heading back in a week or two.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Bacon Munchers like this.
    05-04-15 12:12 PM
    05-04-15 12:40 PM
    05-04-15 01:28 PM
    Barely 3MM BBRY share traded today, which has to be the lowest I've seen since I've been following this stock. My guess is that this means that there is not much interest in this stock these days, which implies that shorts have, by and large, moved on. Hopefully this will propel us much higher when buying pressure ensues.

EDIT: Yahoo Finance is acting a little whacky right now and saying its 6MM shares today. Please disregard my comment, but I still feel the concept applies. When no one is looking at a particular stock / company and then suddenly some news hits, the influx of buying pressure will cause a greater spike since the short sellers are not ready to pounce and bring it back down. This is my hope for BBRY.
    Last edited by Mr BBRY; 05-04-15 at 03:24 PM.
    05-04-15 03:07 PM
    This is a place-holder for an article on the other site regarding:
    OT regarding Elon Musk making his recent speech on the TESLA batteries
    05-04-15 03:50 PM
    And now this.
    Saying you may be wearing it wrong.
    http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=48899

05-04-15 04:52 PM
    And now this.

I never get tired of the comments in these things...hilarious.

Classically Posted.
    05-04-15 05:22 PM
    And now this.

Why does this not surprise me ?
    Kind of expected more uproar over "tatoo gate" though.

http://www.tech-to-date.com/apple-ag...oo-gate-issue/

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 05:56 PM
113,256 ... 33533354335533563357 ...