View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    MOBILEIRON INVESTIGATION INITIATED BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Investigates MobileIron, Inc. Following Disappointing Preliminary Results and CFO Resignation - MOBL

NEW ORLEANS, April 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Former Attorney General of Louisiana, Charles C. Foti, Jr., Esq., a partner at the law firm of Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC ("KSF"), announces that KSF has commenced an investigation into MobileIron, Inc. (nasdaqgs:MOBL).

On April 22, 2015, MobileIron announced its first quarter 2015 preliminary results, revealing that the Company expects to report revenue of $32-33 million, below its previous guidance of $34-$37 million and analysts' expectations of $36.26 million, and gross billings of $35.5-$37 million, below its previous guidance of $40-$42 million.* The Company stated that, "Near the end of the quarter, we witnessed multiple large deals from North American customers that did not close as expected. Further, we saw a large shift by customers to our monthly subscription offering, which resulted in lower billings and revenue." MobileIron also announced that its Chief Financial Officer will be resigning.*

On this news, the price of MobileIron's shares plummeted by over 25% and the Company was downgraded.

KSF's investigation is focusing on whether MobileIron and/or its officers and directors violated state or federal securities laws.*

If you are a MobileIron shareholder who purchased your shares pursuant or traceable to the Company's initial public offering on June 12, 2014 and has suffered losses related to your investment or have information that would assist KSF in its investigation, you may, without obligation or cost to you, call toll-free at 1-877-515-1850 or email KSF Managing Partner Lewis Kahn ([email protected]).

About Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC

KSF, whose partners include the Former Louisiana Attorney General Charles C. Foti, Jr., is a law firm focused on securities class action and shareholder derivative litigation with offices in New York, California and Louisiana. KSF's lawyers have significant experience litigating complex securities class actions nationwide on behalf of both institutional and individual shareholders.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mob...-04-27-2218300
    04-30-15 09:16 AM
    Morgan,

Thanks again for your activity on the board. I must admit that I usually jump straight to your posts first!

On topic, I think a lot of us are looking for BBRY to go way above $11 in the long term, but watching closely for that short term trade.

OT: HALO, I'm very curious how you chose your re-entry point, and if it was from a technical standpoint or from positive news? RSI is still around 50 and the trading channel, to my very untrained eyes, makes it look like there might be more downside to HALO before it rebounds. Is it the 50-day SMA?

Cheers!
    Hi q649 !!

Thanks for the kind words, I want others to make money in more than one investment so I hope you are one of those who is "over-all" profitable on this thread. I think BBRY is easy to follow, we have been confined to a range trade for much of the pass 12 months. But I never invest in a stock to trade its channel, I too believe that once BBRY gets some revenue under its financial feet, the stock will soar. The base that we are building now will help lift the stock so much higher. All I'm really pointing out about BBRY is that it is range bound until we get our first catalyst, then look out. If you don't think they can show positive results for 2 more quarters, you can think of selling some stock at the top of the channel or at least writing some call options there. That's what I have been doing with one of my accounts.

HALO - you nailed it, I place orders to buy just above support, the 50-dma, and just below it knowing that this isn't a perfect science and sometimes it will take a short time before additional orders flow into a stock to support it. So my orders for HALO were just above the then 50-dma which is dynamic, and just below that level. I got filled on everything just above my lowest orders of $ 15.20/shr. For me, I have now replaced all of the stock that I sold at an average of $ 16.80/shr, that's a $ 1.60/shr for a very large block of the stock. Today, I just purchased about 19,000 just below the 50-dma and I think I'm done for now. I have bought all of my PSDV at $ 4.03/shr and I'm going to continue to be there until earnings. All of this is done with support in mind. HALO is a bit tricky because the IBB Index is a confirmed sell right now and that drags the biotech stocks down with it. But I'm happy owning my HALO back, my wife nearly had a fit when I told her I sold her out! Now, she owns all of her HALO back and she is benefiting from that $ 1.60/shr gain which has gone into PSDV. I only have one order in the market as of the last few minutes and that is for more PSDV. Only 2,000 shares of PSDV have traded and 90% of that is mine.

PS. I should add one more thing, I also sold 300 puts at a $ 16.00 strike to bring my purchase price on HALO down to $ 14.70/shr on 30,000 shares so my average in all of this is somewhere around the $ 15.00 area. This has been a packaged trade to get stock below that 50-dma ..... on average.

Happy investing and let's make money!
    Last edited by morganplus8; 04-30-15 at 09:33 AM.
    04-30-15 09:18 AM
    MOBILEIRON INVESTIGATION INITIATED BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Investigates MobileIron, Inc. Following Disappointing Preliminary Results and CFO Resignation - MOBL

NEW ORLEANS, April 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Former Attorney General of Louisiana, Charles C. Foti, Jr., Esq., a partner at the law firm of Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC ("KSF"), announces that KSF has commenced an investigation into MobileIron, Inc. (nasdaqgs:MOBL).

On April 22, 2015, MobileIron announced its first quarter 2015 preliminary results, revealing that the Company expects to report revenue of $32-33 million, below its previous guidance of $34-$37 million and analysts' expectations of $36.26 million, and gross billings of $35.5-$37 million, below its previous guidance of $40-$42 million.* The Company stated that, "Near the end of the quarter, we witnessed multiple large deals from North American customers that did not close as expected. Further, we saw a large shift by customers to our monthly subscription offering, which resulted in lower billings and revenue." MobileIron also announced that its Chief Financial Officer will be resigning.*

On this news, the price of MobileIron's shares plummeted by over 25% and the Company was downgraded.

KSF's investigation is focusing on whether MobileIron and/or its officers and directors violated state or federal securities laws.*

If you are a MobileIron shareholder who purchased your shares pursuant or traceable to the Company's initial public offering on June 12, 2014 and has suffered losses related to your investment or have information that would assist KSF in its investigation, you may, without obligation or cost to you, call toll-free at 1-877-515-1850 or email KSF Managing Partner Lewis Kahn ([email protected]).

About Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC

KSF, whose partners include the Former Louisiana Attorney General Charles C. Foti, Jr., is a law firm focused on securities class action and shareholder derivative litigation with offices in New York, California and Louisiana. KSF's lawyers have significant experience litigating complex securities class actions nationwide on behalf of both institutional and individual shareholders.

MOBILEIRON INVESTIGATION INITIATED BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Investigates MobileIron, Inc. Following Disappointing Preliminary Results and CFO Resignation - MOBL - MarketWatch
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-df8ccb5c4e439662b63851aedcb1c6df_400x400.jpeg
    04-30-15 10:41 AM
    04-30-15 11:14 AM
    04-30-15 11:17 AM
    MS just announced that objective C projects (ios dev platform) can now be converted in visual studio c++ ones. Here we are ladies and gents... app neutrality closer than ever from reality.
    Of course there's no direct link to BlackBerry App porting but that's a significant step...
    Let's see how it evolves in the near future.
    Reminder : native BB10 is C++ 'friendly'

Attachment 350310

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry handed Android devs a porting tool similar to this, no? I am no developer so I certainly don't understand the nature of all of this, all I know is handed a similar tool, devs promptly ignored it on the BBRY side citing support, lack of time a dozen different reasons.

Is this different in a significant way (I'm hoping the answer is yes!).
    04-30-15 11:21 AM
    BlackBerry handed Android devs a porting tool similar to this, no? I am no developer so I certainly don't understand the nature of all of this, all I know is handed a similar tool, devs promptly ignored it on the BBRY side citing support, lack of time a dozen different reasons.

Is this different in a significant way (I'm hoping the answer is yes!).
    My understanding is that MSFT has been unifying their platforms so that apps will work on phones, tablets and PCs. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

The effect being that they can encourage devs to 'port' over and have access to xxx million devices/computers, rather than just phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 11:27 AM
    Let me know when we are at 15
    OT: HALO. You asked, and for better or worse, we're there.
    DREXcb likes this.
    04-30-15 11:42 AM
    Shared on Facebook.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    Andy_bb_king, CDM76, q649 and 4 others like this.
    04-30-15 11:50 AM
    OT:

Hi Morgan! Any thoughts on THLD? Earnings results, share dilution (or not?), studies, ...

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    04-30-15 11:57 AM
    OT:

Hi Morgan! Any thoughts on THLD? Earnings results, share dilution (or not?), studies, ...

Posted via CB10
    OT ALERT!!!

Hi _dimi_ !!

There really aren't any financials for a company of this size, the numbers are fine, they are cash rich, have a deep pipeline with Phase II and III prospects now. They appear to be slating $ 60 MM in studies over the next 1 1/2 years, that's a burden only if none of them pan out. The biotech sector is selling off inline with the IBB Index today, every Biotech stock is down and following that index so this stock should be no different. I think the drop is a minor one, as soon as the IBB finds its floor, this one will jump back up too. They are really a second half of the year trade, like HALO and others that's when their data comes out. Nothing wrong with the numbers today, they prorate their royalties, big deal, you can't look at the numbers and draw any conclusion.

I stopped buying an hour ago, I closed my orders on everything and I'll watch all of these stocks to see if they get too cheap to resist again. I like nothing more then when the market dumps on a stock that has done nothing wrong, that's how I can fill my orders and I have no agenda relating to time here, if its a good investment I want in. GL

Okay, while I'm polluting the board with non-BBRY information, here's that IBB Index, it is near support, near RSI=30 and looking like its aggressive run is slowing down and moving sideways in the weeks ahead.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ibb-index-april-30-2015.png

On a BBRY note, it is holding up very well today, we aren't used to that strength.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 04-30-15 at 12:48 PM.
    q649, rarsen, MasterMoe and 11 others like this.
    04-30-15 12:37 PM
    All this MS thing that seems to be a new frontier is nothing new. It's since late 2000s that's possible to do that. The point is that a LOT of devs don't 'port' their apps/games not because they don't know how to do that or they don't know the possibility exists. They don't WANNA do that because they have 0 interest in supporting new platforms. They don't believe it's profitable. That's it. As an example: when BB10 was released BlackBerry was still 'powerful' in the consumer space and still had a 'notable'(is that the right term?) marketshare. Still, almost all big devs refused to port their android apps even if it would have take 10 minutes to do that...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 12:48 PM
    All this MS thing that seems to be a new frontier is nothing new. It's since late 2000s that's possible to do that. The point is that a LOT of devs don't 'port' their apps/games not because they don't know how to do that or they don't know the possibility exists. They don't WANNA do that because they have 0 interest in supporting new platforms. They don't believe it's profitable. That's it. As an example: when BB10 was released BlackBerry was still 'powerful' in the consumer space and still had a 'notable'(is that the right term?) marketshare. Still, almost all big devs refused to port their android apps even if it would have take 10 minutes to do that...

Posted via CB10
    Why would the app developers turn down market share and money (even if just a little) if it only involved ten minutes of work?

It's as if someone (I'm going to go out on a limb here: APPLE) was giving incentive to not. Microsoft has the pockets to play that game.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 12:57 PM
    Why would the app developers turn down market share and money (even if just a little) if it only involved ten minutes of work?

It's as if someone (I'm going to go out on a limb here: APPLE) was giving incentive to not. Microsoft has the pockets to play that game.

Posted via CB10
    Yes that's it. It's the money/incentive the point. I converted myself an Android app to a BlackBerry (bar) one and it took me 15 minutes..

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 01:00 PM
    Apologies if this has already been posted:

Signing up for BES12 Cloud is fast and simple.
    BES12 Cloud includes simplified wizards to get your organization up and running in minutes.

http://global.blackberry.com/content...12%20Cloud.pdf
    04-30-15 01:02 PM
    Secusmart PR:

Secusmart invites government clients to AFCEA and the BSI Conference 2015 in Bonn

Comprehensive range of mobile security products extended – SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10 now also available on the new BlackBerry Leap; chance to experience the SecuTABLET first hand

D�sseldorf, 28 April 2015 – Secusmart, a BlackBerry� company, is inviting clients from the German government to see the new member of the SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10 family, the BlackBerry Leap, and the secure SecuTABLET live in action in Bonn. The D�sseldorf-based company is presenting its latest security solutions for convenient data protection at two events in May:

- AFCEA Exhibition at Stand Z10 (6–7 May 2015)
    - BSI Conference at Stand F1 (19–21 May 2015).

Both events are taking place in the event location called “Stadthalle” in Bonn-Bad Godesberg.

“We are delighted to have the opportunity to present our two most recent innovations at both of these events. On the one hand, we are showing attendees how the SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10 has been extended to include the new smartphone model BlackBerry Leap. On the other hand, we are demonstrating how the SecuTABLET allows employees to work secure with data when on the move,” announces Dr. Hans-Christoph Quelle, Managing Director of Secusmart GmbH.

Secure smartphones and tablets

The BlackBerry Leap was first unveiled by Secusmart’s parent company as the new device to join its family of secure smartphones at the Mobile World Congress 2015 in Barcelona. The new smartphone is currently being evaluated by the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI). Once it is approved, BlackBerry Leap will be secured with the Secusmart Security Card will be available to purchase from the German government’s ordering platform (Kaufhaus des Bundes). As well as the new smartphone, the BlackBerry� company Secusmart is currently focusing its efforts on the SecuTABLET. The highly secure mobile device, which was developed by Secusmart together with IBM and Samsung, was introduced to the public for the first time at CeBIT 2015. In addition to Secusmart, IBM Germany is presenting the SecuTABLET at the AFCEA Exhibition at Stand G20.
    04-30-15 01:13 PM
    Basically it's been a month w/o daily BBRY check.
    I'm glad I did

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150430_201346.png

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 01:17 PM
    Finally BlackBerry responds!

#BBFactCheck: Forecasting Growth

In a recent report based on customer surveys from CIOs, Morgan Stanley’s analysts foresee an unfavorable market position for BlackBerry. They indicated that:

“On mobility, MobileIron leads in purchase intentions while BlackBerry continues to see the most in unfavorable results and the fewest number of evaluation opportunities.”

In another report, this time based on their Value Added Reseller (VAR) surveys, Goldman Sachs’ analysts see BlackBerry Software only growing at a rate of 70% year over year instead of BlackBerry’s forecast of 100%.

Are those conclusions right? No. Here are the facts as we see them.

1. Market surveys don’t tell the whole story

As we all know the market is very dynamic, as highlighted in MobileIron’s financial release from last week, and so indicators from customer surveys change over time and don’t always provide a complete picture.

But BlackBerry’s last quarter earnings offered many reasons to be optimistic.

We announced 2,200 customer wins, including many competitive displacements. These include: Delta Air Lines, First Great Western trains, Tarpon Energy Services, the Government of Canada, the Social Service Administration of Colombia, the Australia Transportation Safety Bureau, the ESA Group (one of the largest conglomerates in India), Dignity Health, IMS Health, SAIC, Synova, Quest Labs, and Kyocera-Mita.

In the financial services segment, BlackBerry customers include Citizens Property Insurance, ERGO Insurance in Germany, Credit Cramilia South America, and HSBC, just to name a few.

And this week, we announced that Caprecom EPS chose BlackBerry’s BES12 for highly secured enterprise mobility management.

2. Turns out, security matters

Morgan Stanley surveyed CIOs and found that “security topped the CIO priority list for the third straight survey, expanding its priority lead over all other projects.”

That plays to one of BlackBerry’s core strengths. With a global, secure encrypted network, BlackBerry moves more secure mobile data than any other EMM vendor — 35 petabytes per month on average. And, we have more than 70 security certifications, more than any other vendor.

More importantly, BlackBerry is not resting on its laurels — we’re working hard to extend our leadership. While we have an unparalleled expertise in securing mobile data at rest and in motion, mobile platforms and applications, we have significantly expanded our expertise.

First, we are securing cellular voice with our Secusmart’s innovative secure integrated voice and data smartphone and tablet solutions.

Second, at last week’s 2015 RSA Conference in San Francisco, BlackBerry made a series of security-related announcements, and in particular we have entered into a definitive agreement to acquire WatchDox, a leading data security company that provides the most secure content collaboration and enterprise file-sync-and-share (EFSS) solutions.

In addition, BlackBerry also introduced the BlackBerry Center for High Assurance Computing Excellence (CHACE). According to BlackBerry’s Chief Security Officer Dave Kleidermacher, the Center is “BlackBerry’s initiative to build systems that are clear of security flaws. CHACE will extend our state-of-the-art competencies in vulnerability prevention and enable the application of high assurance security research to real-world products and services.”

And, that wasn’t all. BlackBerry also announced that its subsidiary Certicom will offer a new managed public key infrastructure certificate service for connected devices. This service will help device manufacturers and service providers secure their IoT networks and ecosystems, ensuring that the devices they connect are known and trusted.

Media and analysts applauded the moves to extend BlackBerry’s leadership in security into new — and growing — areas.

3. At BlackBerry, software isn’t just MDM anymore

As clearly articulated by Strategy Analytics in their Top 10 Enterprise Mobility Predictions report for 2015 “MDM is, in essence, the foundation of a broadening functional EMM landscape. MDM solutions are mature and relatively standard, offering features such as remote wipe/locking of devices, basic provisioning and activation services, and diagnostics. Enterprise adoption of more advanced MAM and MCM capabilities significantly trails that of MDM though. Security is the essence of EMM and it is easy to understand why this is the case, and MDM functionality alone is insufficient.”

So – yes, BlackBerry’s software business does include our cross-platform EMM offering, BES12, which builds on BlackBerry’s heritage for security, enabling companies tap into the advantages of mobile productivity while keeping their data secure. But, that’s only part of the story.

BlackBerry has been listening closely to the emerging challenges its customers face and has been busy creating an expanding suite of value-added products and services to meet those challenges. Today, the suite includes: BBM Meetings and BBM Protected to enable secure communications and collaboration; Enterprise Identity by BlackBerry to enable employees to easily and securely access an array of cloud services; VPN Authentication by BlackBerry, which eliminates the need for separate employee passwords or PINs and hardware tokens to access corporate networks; WorkLife by BlackBerry, which makes it simple to have two phone numbers on a smartphone, keeping data and billing completely separate; and BlackBerry Blend for Enterprise, which makes it easy for employees to access personal and work data from their BlackBerry smartphone on any device.

Add to that the latest Secusmart solutions and WatchDox’s acquisition and it’s clear: BlackBerry has a lot more to offer to enterprise customers than just mobile device management software.

4. Carrier and channel partners are showing enthusiasm

No matter how great a product is, customers still have to be able to buy it. So we are happy that BlackBerry has added 300 reseller partners since November of last year, such as Orange, Deutsche Telekom, Ingram Micro, Bright Star and Samsung who have committed to offer BlackBerry enterprise software to their customers. At the 2015 Mobile World Congress, we announced that Sprint will also resell our software, and we announced that Vodafone Germany is rolling out our Secusmart technology across platforms, iOS, Windows, as well as Android.

And we are excited to have a total of 10 carriers that have announced they will resell our software using the Enhanced SIM-Based Licensing (ESBL) from BlackBerry, including Vodafone Germany, Hong Kong Telecom, ChungHwa Telecom in Taiwan, China Mobile and Hutchinson in Hong Kong. This provides the opportunity for those carriers to bundle BlackBerry software products within their telecom services for their enterprise customers.

Taken together, it means that it’s getting easier for customers to buy BlackBerry’s growing enterprise portfolio.

Solid Strategy + Hard Work = Confidence

When John Chen said BlackBerry would be cash flow neutral by the end of fiscal year 2015 it seemed like an incredibly ambitious goal. But he achieved that despite previous negative forecasts, and we have many reasons to believe that our 2016 fiscal year goals are similarly realistic.

While surveys are a valuable insight into the past of a company, they are not a good prediction to the future of a company. BlackBerry has a solid strategy, a new product portfolio, a growing customer base, new carrier and channel partners and, last but not least, a passionate employee base. Therefore there is every reason to believe we can — and will — reach our most ambitious goals.

#BBFactCheck: Forecasting Growth | Inside BlackBerry
    04-30-15 01:19 PM
    Fairfax Financial - Chairman�s Letters to Shareholders - Mar, 6 2015

Looks like the overvalued tech bubble is starting to burst. First Twitter then Yelp and now LinkedIn going down.
    04-30-15 04:01 PM
    Apologies if this has already been posted:

Signing up for BES12 Cloud is fast and simple.
    BES12 Cloud includes simplified wizards to get your organization up and running in minutes.

http://global.blackberry.com/content...12%20Cloud.pdf
    I really need to start looking into this. Wonder if is something an individual can get going ? Would be nice. Time to do some digging.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    04-30-15 04:01 PM
    Fairfax Financial - Chairman’s Letters to Shareholders - Mar, 6 2015

Looks like the overvalued tech bubble is starting to burst. First Twitter then Yelp and now LinkedIn going down.
    Might have spoke too soon. BBRY getting beat up after hours too. Anyone care to comment on why?
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 04-30-15 at 05:01 PM.
    04-30-15 04:07 PM
    We all should share this on every social media sites we have account on.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-30-15 04:53 PM
    I maybe late on this but ...

BlackBerry doubling-down on mobile security | On Air Videos | Fox Business

BlackBerry To Make BlackBerry Even More Secure?

VERY POSITIVE REVIEW!!! Not rushed like wednesday's interview.
    04-30-15 05:09 PM
    I really need to start looking into this. Wonder if is something an individual can get going ? Would be nice. Time to do some digging.

Posted via CB10
    I picked up BES12 cloud a couple weeks ago. I had it purchased and my phone hooked up and configured all in about 30 minutes.

Silver subscription is only $45/year and supports 10 devices.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2708 | Bell | via CB10
    04-30-15 05:38 PM

Why is BlackBerry going down over 2% after hours! Is there some news?

In absence of news, I expected a climb up to $11.5ish in another 6 week period. But it's going down now.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 05:44 PM
113,250 ... 33493350335133523353 ...