View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    AA pilots are once again allowing children to visit the cockpit during flight.

Based on the strict conditions they are accompanied by the Air Marshall and have working jailbreak codes.
    04-29-15 01:59 PM
    Yeah, unfortunately, this new app industry is a four-way uncontrolled intersection right now.
    When an accident occurs, then the street lighting will go in (enter BlackBerry) to remedy the situation.

BTW - Delta airlines is a BlackBerry client. Perhaps they will launch the fabulous BlackBerry / samsung tablet with an appropriate app for the others' to learn from?
    Running on Android...probably less stable than iOS. Although more secure. Why doe these guys need an iPad for navigation? Sheesh.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    04-29-15 02:40 PM
    Why doe these guys need an iPad for navigation? Sheesh.
    We've gone way OT with this and I apologize.........

At least one of the flights was getting ready for takeoff when the iPad crashed for both the pilot and the co-pilot. The crashed tablet and no paper backups meant that the flight crew was left without a flight plan.
    Crashed iPads ground several American Airlines flights - SlashGear
    04-29-15 03:16 PM
    Yup. Time to get back to bbry

#BBFactCheck
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    04-29-15 03:30 PM
    Happy day gang!

I bet I am not the only one to miss JLagoon's chart (not trying to add anything to his busy schedule, just being appreciative).
    His chart along with M+8 chart give us a great picture of what is going on and what we might expect in the coming days and I want to send them a special Thanks for there endless efforts to help us be wise investors many thanks to CJ for his time to time chats (love themes), and many of you great peoples (can't name you all) on this thread.
    Soumaila
    04-29-15 03:58 PM
    Happy day gang!

I bet I am not the only one to miss JLagoon's chart (not trying to add anything to his busy schedule, just being appreciative).
    His chart along with M+8 chart give us a great picture of what is going on and what we might expect in the coming days and I want to send them a special Thanks for there endless efforts to help us be wise investors many thanks to CJ for his time to time chats (love themes), and many of you great peoples (can't name you all) on this thread.
    Soumaila

Just for saying such nice stuff, I'll post another chart on BBRY!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-april-29-2015.png

Our shortest trip from the top of this 1 year sideways channel to the floor and back again is about 6 weeks. Our longest time line for making the same trip is 10 weeks, we are on track to make this trip to the top again in about the 10th week. So this is an average round trip for BBRY while we wait for news that drives the stock. That news has to contain revenue growth, handset sales that look promising or at least some drive in BES12.

The sideways channel is well defined now, we have only exited that channel on rumours that Samsung is buying the company, that's it. So follow that green channel and make certain that we don't break below that up sloping line. That's about it! We should get to $ 11.00 and by then the RSI > 70 will weight heavy on the price of the stock.

PS - As for trading, I bought back 75% of my HALO stock in the low $ 15.20's yesterday, I bought 38,000 shares of PDSV today, I will buy more tomorrow of the same, and, I sold a big chunk of HALO puts that expire on May 15th. Those are my trades so far.
    04-29-15 05:51 PM
    Windows is going to be able to run apps ported from iOS and Android. Since BlackBerry has had porting tools since BB10's launch. With Microsoft's size who thinks this will impact BlackBerry?

Apologies if this has already been brought up.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/85...s-apps-bridges

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    bungaboy and BACK-2-BLACK like this.
    04-29-15 07:38 PM
    By the way, that story also made it to the BBC's website:
    American Airlines planes grounded by iPad app error - BBC News
    Didn't see anything on the Glob & Fail.
    Corbu, ibpluto, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    04-29-15 07:50 PM
    http://www.exchangemagazine.com/morn...y/15042907.htm

Chamber of Commerce to Host a Conversation Luncheon with BlackBerry CEO John Chen

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 08:24 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB April 29 2015.png 
Views:	2694 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	350229

Our shortest trip from the top of this 1 year sideways channel to the floor and back again is about 6 weeks. Our longest time line for making the same trip is 10 weeks, we are on track to make this trip to the top again in about the 10th week. So this is an average round trip for BBRY while we wait for news that drives the stock. That news has to contain revenue growth, handset sales that look promising or at least some drive in BES12.

The sideways channel is well defined now, we have only exited that channel on rumours that Samsung is buying the company, that's it. So follow that green channel and make certain that we don't break below that up sloping line. That's about it! We should get to $ 11.00 and by then the RSI > 70 will weight heavy on the price of the stock.

PS - As for trading, I bought back 75% of my HALO stock in the low $ 15.20's yesterday, I bought 38,000 shares of PDSV today, I will buy more tomorrow of the same, and, I sold a big chunk of HALO puts that expire on May 15th. Those are my trades so far.
    Ok May 9th it is.

When does the Greek default become a reality? Right around then. I'll be watching closely...Need help to unload my may 15 calls ...I will play it safe and sell those before any critical Greek event date.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    04-29-15 08:27 PM
    OT:
    Well, well, well...
    American Airlines iPad App Glitch Traced to Database Software - The CIO Report - WSJ

A software glitch that delayed two dozen American Airlines Group Inc. flights for several minutes Tuesday originated in a database that feeds information to the Apple Inc. iPad application pilots use to view terminal maps. Passengers in Dallas, New York and Chicago reported the flight delays via Twitter after pilots informed them that their iPad screens went dark.

The glitch underscores challenges companies face as they increasingly rely on new technologies to make operations more efficient. Companies that digitize previously manual processes require robust back-up plans in the event of a software failure.

Sometimes the best back-up plan is to reinstall an app, which is what the American Airlines pilots did to get off the ground. Since June 2013, American Airlines pilots have accessed their flight plan information from iPads, replacing an unwieldy 35 pounds of paper documents, numbering 3,000 pages. Apps in this so-called electronic flight bag provide flight instructions and terminal maps, or charts.

Tuesday night, the terminal chart app and the database software that feeds it data, both from navigation software maker Jeppesen, went wonky. The database software American Airlines uses to serve flight information to the iPad app had created a duplicate map for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. When the database couldn’t reconcile the duplicate, it forced the iPad app to shut down — but only for pilots who have favorited Reagan in the app, says Jeppesen spokesman Michael Pound. Favoriting maps in the app allows pilots to group and access them more easily. “If a [pilot] has favorited National, it caused [the app] to shut down,” he said.

The pilots uninstalled and reinstalled the app, limiting delays to 30 minutes, says American Airlines spokeswoman Andrea Huguely. “The issue was with the application, which was not performing the way it should and was causing some issues,” she said.

Jeppesen, a unit of Boeing Co., plans to eliminate the duplication in its next database upgrade cycle on May 8. In the meantime, AA is providing pilots PDF files of terminal charts to pilots.

Michael Krigsman, CEO of IT consultancy Asuret Inc., said that as companies increasingly implement technologies outside their data centers, such as mobile devices and software, they become beholden to larger ecosystems, often trading control for convenience. Complex interdependencies court greater risk of IT failure. Instituting several back-up options is essential.

American Airlines, in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration rules, employs a few back-up options in the event its electronic flight bag fails. These include radioing dispatch for assistance and paper documentation for some functions, such as check lists and enroute maps. Pilots can also exit the plane and print out required information from the terminal. But the FAA does not require paper versions of the terminal charts because the Jeppesen app has worked reliably to date. “We had demonstrated proficiency that a paper back-up for [the charts] was not needed,” Ms. Huguely says. She says instructing the pilots to reinstall the Jeppesen app, rather than radioing dispatch or leaving the cockpit to get print-outs of plans inside the terminal, was the fastest solution.

She said that American will “reassess” its processes regarding the electronic flight bag in the wake of this incident, but stopped short of saying whether the airline would reintroduce paper terminal chats on board flights. “We have not had a particular issue with this application.”
    04-29-15 08:59 PM
    Wait. Used to view terminal maps? Do they use the Gps on the iPad? If so, you have got to be F?!$?)ing kidding me.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-29-15 10:47 PM
    Am I missing something here? I am confused by all this 'blame ipad' stuff going on here.

Ipad is just a device with apps installed on it. If an app crashed or had an issue, it was an app problem, not ipad problem as such (unless it is traced back to some inherent problem with ipad, which it hasn't as far as I know).

If a custom developed software crashes on PC or Mac, don't we say, what a buggy piece of software. We don't start blaming the computer itself as such.

If ipad had been hacked, I could see it being an ipad problem (weak security). But a custom developed app crashing seems more like an app problem, not ipad problem to me.

Sometimes apps (specially, Android ports) crash on BlackBerry. I don't blame BlackBerry for it. I figure it crashed because app developer didn't take the time to properly port their app to BlackBerry 's Android runtime.

So, I am a bit confused. Has anything been traced back to iPad itself? If not, why are we blaming a computing device (ipad) here?

Posted via CB10
    sati01 likes this.
    04-29-15 11:59 PM
    http://www.wired.com/2015/04/microso...social_twitter

Quite a smart way to increase the number of apps for Windows to be honest. Look forward to seeing BBRY's solution beyond the amazon appstore.

Posted via CB10
    See!?

Who says that Apple and Microsoft aren't innovating?
    They just have to keep following BlackBerry's lead.

I can't wait to hear Chen's speech at the Waterloo event around the corner. I visualize all the competing CEO's with their paper and pen's ready.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 04-30-15 at 01:10 AM.
    3MIKE, bungaboy, awindsr and 3 others like this.
    04-30-15 12:52 AM
    Oh, and one last post before the slumber:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-faucette-folly.jpg

Seems the opponents fall guy has fallen from last week's 88% to a meager 67% on his accuracy of BlackBerry.

And this:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000375313
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 04-30-15 at 01:50 AM.
    bungaboy, rarsen, lech31 and 8 others like this.
    04-30-15 01:26 AM
    Oh, and one last post before the slumber:

Name:	Faucette Folly.jpg 
Views:	1202 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	350274

Seems the opponents fall guy has fallen from last week's 88% to a meager 67% on his accuracy of BlackBerry.

And this:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000375313
    I like the 0% for MOBL. LoL

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 01:54 AM
    Canucks on BELL.

(from Howard Forums)
    "The Blackberry Leap is coming to Bell on May 7th. It will have an MSRP of $349.95"
    04-30-15 05:54 AM
    Am I missing something here? I am confused by all this 'blame ipad' stuff going on here.

Ipad is just a device with apps installed on it. If an app crashed or had an issue, it was an app problem, not ipad problem as such (unless it is traced back to some inherent problem with ipad, which it hasn't as far as I know).

If a custom developed software crashes on PC or Mac, don't we say, what a buggy piece of software. We don't start blaming the computer itself as such.

If ipad had been hacked, I could see it being an ipad problem (weak security). But a custom developed app crashing seems more like an app problem, not ipad problem to me.

Sometimes apps (specially, Android ports) crash on BlackBerry. I don't blame BlackBerry for it. I figure it crashed because app developer didn't take the time to properly port their app to BlackBerry 's Android runtime.

So, I am a bit confused. Has anything been traced back to iPad itself? If not, why are we blaming a computing device (ipad) here?

Posted via CB10
    Developed by the IBM apple joint venture

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 06:05 AM
    Windows is going to be able to run apps ported from iOS and Android. Since BlackBerry has had porting tools since BB10's launch. With Microsoft's size who thinks this will impact BlackBerry?

Apologies if this has already been brought up.

Huge news: Windows 10 can run reworked Android and iOS apps | The Verge

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    Don't think at this point it can have any significant impact on BB's market share...being that it is 1% or less.

If anything, a move like this "should" impact Android and iOS systems from the sounds of it.

Also, might make Amazon Store more popular (if they decide to use it), which is a good thing for BB.

One day, I'm guessing Universal Coded Apps will become a reality and the majority... wonder what Apple will do then.?

Cell phones will become a commodity !
    bungaboy, rarsen, CDM76 and 4 others like this.
    04-30-15 06:49 AM
    Developed by the IBM apple joint venture

Posted via CB10
    The one Faucette and Co. used to falsely manipulate BBRY stock price?
    04-30-15 06:50 AM
    Don't think at this point it can have any significant impact on BB's market share...being that it is 1% or less.

If anything, a move like this "should" impact Android and iOS systems from the sounds of it.

Also, might make Amazon Store more popular (if they decide to use it), which is a good thing for BB.

One day, I'm guessing Universal Coded Apps will become a reality and the majority... wonder what Apple will do then.?

Cell phones will become a commodity !
    So you mean Chens App Neutrality dream is starting to become a reality.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    04-30-15 08:13 AM
    So you mean Chens App Neutrality dream is starting to become a reality.

Posted via CB10
    I believe he would like that, but the deep pockets of the big players wouldn't allow it any time soon I don't think.

Aside from BB benefitting from something like this, I think it would be more beneficial to the developers if they all used 1 code, minimizing resources to develop and maintain for multiple platforms and had instant access to sell to all the markets at once with one developed app. More $$$$ at the bottom line for them I would think.

Who knows, maybe this move with MS will shake things up a bit and eventually force the idea to have one developer language....
    awindsr and zyben like this.
    04-30-15 08:27 AM

Name:	BB April 29 2015.png 
Views:	2694 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	350229

Morgan,

Thanks again for your activity on the board. I must admit that I usually jump straight to your posts first!

On topic, I think a lot of us are looking for BBRY to go way above $11 in the long term, but watching closely for that short term trade.

OT: HALO, I'm very curious how you chose your re-entry point, and if it was from a technical standpoint or from positive news? RSI is still around 50 and the trading channel, to my very untrained eyes, makes it look like there might be more downside to HALO before it rebounds. Is it the 50-day SMA?

Cheers!
    04-30-15 08:44 AM
    Wonder if the QNX Hypervisor is the "something brewing" that has made recent BB news lately...

BB handsets sales suck in the consumer market..... but from what I understand, are still relevant and part of the security services they sell (go together for the ultimate security package...not the light version that Samsung will offer with some of BB services for their enterprise clients)..... and these BB handsets will have some type of Hypervisor feature to run these other platforms fully for secure minded environments....
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    04-30-15 08:46 AM
    MS just announced that objective C projects (ios dev platform) can now be converted in visual studio c++ ones. Here we are ladies and gents... app neutrality closer than ever from reality.
    Of course there's no direct link to BlackBerry App porting but that's a significant step...
    Let's see how it evolves in the near future.
    Reminder : native BB10 is C++ 'friendly'

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20150430_161134.png

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 09:13 AM
113,256 ... 33483349335033513352 ...