View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Man, that's a drop. Thanks for the heads up! I'm so glad I don't buy stuff like that, where does the valuation come from to begin with.
    I'm thinking the same place all the other BS comes from. A human orifice.
    04-28-15 02:58 PM
    I'm thinking the same place all the other BS comes from. A human orifice.
    I see what you did there Bungabro. Very true and simple.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    04-28-15 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    OT - Anyone here holding TWTR? Seems the earnings got leaked a tad early. Stock is now halted. Down 5.8%
    Shares of Twitter Inc.TWTR -18.18% are tumbling after a financial intelligence firm released�via its Twitter account�what it said were the micro-blogging site�s first-quarter earnings.

Adding credence to the claims: The firm that says it has the results, Selerity Corp., has found and reported important information before its intended release a few times before.

Twitter Shares Tumble After Earnings Leak On Twitter - MoneyBeat - WSJ
    bungaboy, rarsen, zyben and 3 others like this.
    04-28-15 03:10 PM
    Shares of Twitter Inc.TWTR -18.18% are tumbling after a financial intelligence firm released–via its Twitter account–what it said were the micro-blogging site’s first-quarter earnings.

Adding credence to the claims: The firm that says it has the results, Selerity Corp., has found and reported important information before its intended release a few times before.

Twitter Shares Tumble After Earnings Leak On Twitter - MoneyBeat - WSJ
    They are claiming that they got it direct from the Twitter investor relations page. Seems Twitter "accidentally" posted it early.
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    04-28-15 03:23 PM
    Only down 17%. now
    It's just a flesh wound.

cjcampbell, awindsr, zyben and 3 others like this.
    04-28-15 03:25 PM
    They are claiming that they got it direct from the Twitter investor relations page. Seems Twitter "accidentally" posted it early.
    Oh.. so it does seem to work.. updating the hyperlink of the previous earnings report to reflect the most recent period :-) I tried it before, close to BlackBerry earnings............ ;-)

Posted via CB10
    zyben, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    04-28-15 04:02 PM
    Third times a charm for JC on interviews.

John Chen on Opening Bell
    sidhuk, kadakn01, W Hoa and 12 others like this.
    04-28-15 04:04 PM
    Guys, is there any evidence that the white variant of the Classic is not coming to North America. There is other forum members claiming it and the blue and bronze are never making it here. I've found no legitimate evidence of these claims.

Thanks
    Edit: just some typical FUD in another thread
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by awindsr; 04-28-15 at 08:20 PM.
    04-28-15 04:22 PM
    Is that from a show, or is he a BB user?
    Hopefully the latter.

Posted via CB10
    He's on the show "Person of Interest." It's a great show about mass surveillance, machine AI, and phone/computer hacking. Given the show's themes and storylines, it'd be awesome if he actually chose to use BlackBerry himself.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    04-28-15 04:27 PM

Woman in the background recording it on her Passport

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chen.jpg
    awindsr, bungaboy, sidhuk and 15 others like this.
    04-28-15 04:52 PM

"generate cash...which we're doing"
    "make ourself profitable...which we're doing"

Ok. If rev drops again and they are still profitable, that will be quite an accomplishment. Need to see rev growth for this stock to get out of the channel and pop up.

They are working on a lot of great stuff, and I think QNX rev growth will really help out in calendar 2016, as should the Productivity Suite on iOS and Android. Hardware and what they can do to shake up the market with the OS is a wild card.
    04-28-15 06:16 PM
    http://www.law360.com/technology/art...ession-ip-suit

Subscription based. I couldn't get the full write up . I haven't come across a related article to post yet.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    04-28-15 08:42 PM
    https://n4bb.com/bbm-iphone-pulled-app-store/

BBM for iPhone Pulled from App Store

BlackBerry�s BBM app for iPhone has mysteriously gone missing from the Apple App Store.

At least, that�s what it showed at first in the USA app store. Checking to corroborate the tip from AgentJucey, the Apple App Store notified that BBM was no longer available in the US store, but was still available to me in Australia.

However, that was not true either. It appears, BBM has been completely pulled from the Apple App Store, irregardless of the location set within the App Store.

Hopefully, this is simply a fluke and we will see BBM return to the App Store. A more depressing scenario would be if Apple pulled BBM for one reason or another.

Are you still seeing BBM listed in the Apple App Store? Let us know in the comments. We�ve reached out to Apple and BlackBerry to comment on this matter and we will update this article accordingly.

*UPDATE* � We�ve learned that someone at BlackBerry accidentally goofed with the last BBM update. Here�s what we�ve been told as to why users do not currently see BBM in the Apple App Store:

�The update was incorrectly posted meaning it was pointing users to a beta version. It has now been resolved (at the back end at least; so before long, users searching will be able to find the app properly again).�

Posted via CB10
    kadakn01, CDM76 and zyben like this.
    04-28-15 08:44 PM
    http://www.avafin.com/articles/1051940.html

Examining Block Trading Activity and Options for BlackBerry (BBRY)

A total of 31 block trades were executed today, typically at least 10,000 shares or more represent a single block unit. Block trades help investors understand the sentiment of large financial institutions. Further trading analysis reveals that 252.96K shares were bought and 365.09K shares were sold. The bought/sold ratio for shares of BlackBerry is 0.69, representing a negative net cash flow of $1,150,947 out of the stock.

On the derivative side, a total of 8.25K put and 11.36K call contracts exchanged hands yesterday leading to a 0.73 put/call ratio.

BlackBerry settled the day up $0.15 to $10.39 in the previous trading session. Today's trading range was between $10.19 and $10.44 respectively. On the volume side, 6.03M shares were traded, which is less than the average volume of 9.63M shares. BBRY is trading above the fifty day moving average and higher than the two hundred day moving average. The stock's 52 week low is $7.16 and 52 week high is $12.63. To date, the stock has lost -2.66% within the last quarter. The technical momentum Relative Strength Index indicator shows oversold conditions.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 08:46 PM
    OT:
    I know this is OT but considering that we all have an interest in this company, I thought it was worth posting:
    Samsung Profit Falls on Slowing Smartphone Sales - WSJ

Samsung Profit Falls on Slowing Smartphone Sales
    Local analysts estimate Samsung to have shipped 82 million smartphones, down from 89 million a year earlier

By MIN-JEONG LEE and JONATHAN CHENG
    Updated April 28, 2015 9:17 p.m. ET

Samsung Electronics Co. continued to struggle in the first three months of the year, raising the stakes for the success of its new flagship Galaxy S6 smartphone.

Samsung said Wednesday its net profit for the three months ended March 31 was 4.63 trillion Korean won ($4.3 billion), down 39% from a year earlier. The result was worse than market expectations for a 30% decline, according to the average forecast of a Dow Jones survey of eight analysts.

The company’s mobile division limped along as consumers flocked to Apple Inc.’s new iPhones and devices made by Chinese brands like Xiaomi Corp. The division’s operating profit fell to 2.74 trillion won, 57% lower than a year earlier.

In one bright spot, mobile operating profit margins rose to 10.6% for the quarter, an improvement from the 7.5% in the fourth quarter of 2014. The company attributed the rise to lower marketing costs and better sales of midrange smartphones.

Company executives have said they are aiming to maintain mobile profit margins in “the low double digit” percentage range—a far cry from the nearly 20% margins that Samsung enjoyed in 2012 and 2013. To do so, the company has pledged to tighten its belt on marketing expenditures.

The mobile division’s fortunes are largely tied to the strength of the Galaxy S6 and its curved-screen companion the Galaxy S6 Edge, which went on sale in 20 countries around the world on April 10.

The pair of new Galaxy phones could account for as much as a quarter of total smartphone sales in the second quarter, analysts say. That would likely help lift margins since the phones, particularly the Galaxy S6 Edge, are priced at a premium to Samsung’s lower-end smartphones.

Samsung hinted at an earnings improvement in the second quarter as sales of the new smartphones ramp up, helping its semiconductor business, which supplies the chips that power the Galaxy S6.

“With premium smartphone sales entering into full swing, the [components division] is expected to see demand in growth for its semiconductor products,” the South Korean company said in a statement.

Local analysts estimate Samsung to have shipped 82 million smartphones in the first quarter. The figure represents a drop from 89 million units shipped during the same period a year ago, according to research firm Strategy Analytics.

The company didn’t disclose shipment figures.

Apple, meanwhile, said this week it sold 61.2 million iPhones in the three months ended March, up 40% from the year-earlier period. Many of those sales came in emerging markets including China, helping the Cupertino, Calif.-based company register a 33% increase in net profit.

Overall, Samsung’s mobile division continued to take a back seat to its components division, which began accounting for more than half of the company’s total operating profits from the third quarter of last year.

The components business contributed 57% of operating profits in the latest quarter.

“As the specification of smartphones in general become increasingly sophisticated, demand for mobile chips is expected to grow,” the company said.

Margins for the chip unit continued an upward climb to 28.5% thanks to tight supply and solid pricing. This compares with a 20.8% margin logged in the year-ago period and a steady rise from a low of 8.8% marked at the beginning of 2012 when the company began its mobile business growth spurt.

Samsung’s semiconductor business is divided into two parts: the profitable memory-chip business and the beleaguered logic-chip division that manufactures microprocessors for clients like Apple and Samsung’s own mobile unit.

Chip margins are likely to inch higher up later this year, getting an extra leg up from the company’s Exynos mobile processors that power the Galaxy S6 phones together with the anticipated recovery in microprocessor demand from Apple in the second half. Some analysts say margins could top 30% toward the end of the year, hitting a five-year high.

Total company revenue slipped 12% to 47 trillion won, in line with estimates provided by Samsung earlier this month.

Samsung is also starting to dig deep into its cash pile, which at its peak late last year had risen to about 67 trillion Korean won. The 56 trillion won that the company says it now has in its coffers is the lowest level since the fourth quarter of 2013, as Samsung announces big-ticket capital expenditures, including new factories in South Korea and Vietnam.
    04-28-15 09:37 PM
    Concept. Venice

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1430280608070_990598.jpeg

Posted with BlackBerry Passport
    04-28-15 11:11 PM
    Stunning!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 12:06 AM
    What will we define as a success in relation to the Leap?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 03:58 AM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

Posted via CB10
    Good question Molly... first sign is good in that those who have purchased and are using it are really loving it... whether first time blackberry users or those coming from Z10, Z30 or other phones... price point is very attractive so that's good also. Should appeal to consumers as well as corporate fleet purchases... only time will tell how many are sold worldwide... Looks like its the major new phone this year with the "Slider" targeted towards end of year... "those who like it, like it a lot!" lol

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    04-29-15 04:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    No major inventory right downs. I realize that's not a home run and isn't going to "save" the company, but that would be classified a success in my book.

Selling enough units to "make money" on the device would be a plus too. I'm not sure how you or I would know whether they did or not though.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    04-29-15 06:13 AM
    Wow that Venice concept is something I'd buy first day.
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    04-29-15 06:29 AM
    Remember the collaboration between Apple and IBM for new business apps that sent BBRY shares plummeting? Here's one.

IBM - Enter Plan Flight, a mobile app made exclusively for iOS that puts real-time analytics into the aviator’s hands—transforming guesswork into fact-based decision making.

An apparent iPad software glitch has grounded several American Airlines planes in the United States.

The airline confirmed the issue to CNNMoney late Tuesday night. The problem? An error with the digital map used by pilots in the cockpit.

"Some flights are experiencing an issue with a software application on pilot iPads," American Airlines said in a statement. "In some cases, the flight has had to return to the gate to access a WiFi connection to fix the issue."

Airline spokeswoman Andrea Huguely said "more than a couple dozen flights" were affected.

"We apologize for the inconvenience to our customers," American Airlines said. "We are working to have them on the way to their destination as soon as possible."
    iPad glitch grounds American Airlines flights - Apr. 29, 2015
    04-29-15 07:12 AM
    Remember the collaboration between Apple and IBM for new business apps that sent BBRY shares plummeting? Here's one.

IBM - Enter Plan Flight, a mobile app made exclusively for iOS that puts real-time analytics into the aviator�s hands�transforming guesswork into fact-based decision making.

iPad glitch grounds American Airlines flights - Apr. 29, 2015
    Thanks for sharing but didn't see anything about IBM. I didn't click on the link so..

#BBFactCheck
    04-29-15 07:29 AM
    I am appalled that a major commercial airline would rely on iPads for navigation!!! OMG!! I have an iPad with Navionics software on my 40 foot sailboat as a BACKUP to a much more robust and reliable dedicated navigation GPS/Chartplotter system. What is wrong with this world?...I will not set foot on an AA flight...it's a good thing to save paper, what about passengers' lives? BTW, I also keep paper charts of everywhere I sail as a reliable third backup...but often refer to them for planning and tighter navigation areas. It's only a matter of time before we have an NTSB report citing faulty iPad navigation leading to a disaster...this is not Apple bashing, it's common freaking sense!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 07:39 AM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Blackberry launches loyalty program in India

BlackBerry has launched a new scheme for all its flagship device owners in India. In accordance with the new loyalty programme, the Canadian company will give a discount on all the Blackberry 10 devices. The offer is available exclusively available on Infibeam.com where the user can enter his/her Blackberry pin to avail it.

Along with the discount, the user will also get extra JPMiles from JetPrivilege. The offer is valid till May 30. So how does it work? Let's say you want to buy a Blackberry Passport and you also own a Blackberry device. The phone is priced at Rs 49,990 on Infibeam.com but you can avail the offer and buy the phone at a price of Rs 40,440 along with 4000 JPMiles.

India is a hot market for smartphones but BlackBerry has fallen behind. Amar Thomas, marketing head at BlackBerry India said, "The uptake of our BlackBerry 10 smartphones among Indian customers has been encouraging and we believe that through this unique programme, customers will be able to take advantage of the BlackBerry 10 platform."

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 08:11 AM
113,256 ... 33463347334833493350 ...