View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Options alert: Blackberry July $13.00 call; 2788 contract trade at ask price @ 0.16.

Someone betting for the price to be at $13.00 come July.
    Any chance you could provide, for those of us who aren't as knowledgeable, a quick explanation of options and how they work ? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, farmwersteve and awindsr like this.
    04-28-15 11:24 AM

I think he did a good job considering the interviewer has mocked BB for years now. If he was with Amber, now that would have been a solid performance! (PS> Have you seen their latest addition to BBN? Hot stuff there, can't remember her name but ...... nice, I digress).
    http://m.bnn.ca/personalities/Kristina-Partsinevelos

???

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 11:29 AM
    04-28-15 11:35 AM
    I totally agree with you, the last thing we need is another disingenuous CEO like the one at MOBL or T-Mobile, Yahoo etc., take your pick. We all know that CNBC has it in for BlackBerry because BlackBerry doesn't start with an "A" and end with an "E". So why wouldn't he appease them and say, "yeah, we screwed up, that's the past, we are here for you when you decide to own products with security in mind. We are that other phone company".

I think he did a good job considering the interviewer has mocked BB for years now. If he was with Amber, now that would have been a solid performance! (PS> Have you seen their latest addition to BBN? Hot stuff there, can't remember her name but ...... nice, I digress).
    I don't get it. You don't want Chen to sell the features of the current BB10 phones? Very few people understand the features of BB10. Chen needs to use every media appearance to make the public aware of how great the Passport, Classic, and BB10 are. Security should not the main selling point, it can be mentioned as the icing on the cake but people are not going to buy a BalckBerry just because it is the most secure phone. If they were, Blackberry would be the number one phone manufacturer. People need to know that BB10 has awesome features plus is the most secure operating system.

The interviewer gave him a chance to sell Balckberry to the CNBC audience. You think he did a good job by not mentioning what differentiates BB10 fro IOS or not saying what makes the Passport the best phone out there? A comment criticizing Apple or a lively back and forth with the interviewer would have created headlines and that is a good thing.
    04-28-15 11:45 AM
    I don't get it. You don't want Chen to sell the features of the current BB10 phones? Very few people understand the features of BB10. Chen needs to use every media appearance to make the public aware of how great the Passport, Classic, and BB10 are. Security should not the main selling point, it can be mentioned as the icing on the cake but people are not going to buy a BalckBerry just because it is the most secure phone. If they were, Blackberry would be the number one phone manufacturer. People need to know that BB10 has awesome features plus is the most secure operating system.

The interviewer gave him a chance to sell Balckberry to the CNBC audience. You think he did a good job by not mentioning what differentiates BB10 fro IOS or not saying what makes the Passport the best phone out there? A comment criticizing Apple or a lively back and forth with the interviewer would have created headlines and that is a good thing.
    There have been a ton of reviews on BB10 and over the last year or so (Z30, Passport) they have been solid with the reviewer stating that the OS and the phones are really quite good. The one thing, however, is that it doesn't have the apps that many want and use on a daily basis. That is a major issue with getting people on board and mentioning that they are working on that may keep people looking at it to see what comes. You also have to remember the audience of that program. Security, privacy, and productivity are concerns for that crowd.
    04-28-15 11:59 AM
    I agree. I think JC should have an elevator pitch and bunch of variations for it ready to speak on occasions like this. This does not mean hyperbole or lying or misleading but at-least sell core features/differentiators in 10-20 seconds.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-28-15 12:01 PM

If you "don't get it" why not go back and listen to the interview again? That I don't get, ... you expect John Chen to do an interview that is X minutes long, then realize that the video portion of the interview will leave out a ton of information, then decide to repeat himself many times over so that your information makes the cut?

The finish product of that interview is less than 3 minutes long, John clearly states that he told the CNBC commentator all about the BB 10 phone features, he made it perfectly clear that he had pointed out many details about the products, and you think he should have been involved in the editing of that video too? John is awesome but not many CEO's are allowed to determine the content of the final piece.

Everyone needs to relax a bit, stop criticizing John for something he has no control over, if he says he spoke at length about the phone features, believe it and move on.
    04-28-15 12:02 PM
    And after all the Blackberry bashing by this reporter, he tell us that he also uses a blackberry (hypocrite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements). and the lady tells/corrects him that, he uses blackberry because, it is a Good phone, not because he is a "Canadian".
    That was the Bloomberg interview, not CNBC.

I thought that was a good interview overall for JC. Yes there were answers therein that I wished were different but I like Chen's candor and find him much better than Heins ever was.

There were questions in that interview I thought we very good to have out there. "why continue in the handset business if it doesn't make money", "how go the BES 12 conversions", even the questions about income and revenue while I wished the answers were better, are important for we as investors to hear the answers to.

Chen has been clear all along this isn't a road covered in rose petals and I am sure there have been some challenges he didn't expect along the way. I like that he's honest with his answers and tells the questioner what they are doing to change things along the way, answers like "because I think I can make money in handsets". Didn't that make you happy when you heard it - it did me

I agree with Morgan this is much better than the bs that comes from MI.
    04-28-15 12:03 PM
    Like to see BBRY edging up to recent highs. Let's close at 10.50-10.55!

I watched HALO bounce around 15.20-15.50 then around the 50 DMA for a few minutes it was getting dull to watch....looked away to do some work ("blinked") and it was back above $16. Thought it was going to break down into the 14s....so missed that one!
    04-28-15 12:14 PM
    04-28-15 12:14 PM
    Jim Caviezel with his P'9983:

Attachment 349991
    Is that from a show, or is he a BB user?
    Hopefully the latter.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 12:42 PM
    Just another friendly reminder.... this thread is

I support BBRY and I buy shares !

'I support AAPL and I buy shares !' is down the hall and to the left, up the short stairway, through the roundabout, up another short stairway, take two lefts and your third right, before where the water bubbler used to be. It's somewhere just past the guy juggling staplers next to the mail cart.

Thanks.
    04-28-15 12:49 PM
    (PS> Have you seen their latest addition to BBN? Hot stuff there, can't remember her name but ...... nice, I digress).
    Old dog's still got some fight in him
    bungaboy, Corbu, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    04-28-15 01:31 PM
    Don't think this one has been posted yet. For the sake of being thorough, interesting comment on BBRY short/long here, around 1:15.

From last Wednesday, on BNN (but not with Amber or Kristina... granted, it makes things slightly less interesting! ):
    BNN - Watch TV Online | Market Call Tonight - Part Seven
    Last edited by Corbu; 04-28-15 at 01:51 PM.
    04-28-15 01:37 PM
    Milken Institute
    Health Care in the Digital Age

Panel discussion:

Michael Milken, Chairman, Milken Institute

Speakers
    Anna Barker, Fellow, FasterCures, a Center of the Milken Institute; Professor and Director, Transformative Healthcare Networks, and Co-Director, Complex Adaptive Systems Network, Arizona State University
    Atul Butte, Director, Institute of Computational Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco
    John Chen, Executive Chairman and CEO, BlackBerry
    Victor Dzau, President, Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences; Chancellor Emeritus, Duke University
    Patrick Soon-Shiong, Chairman and CEO, NantWorks, LLC

Mobile, big data, the Internet of Things and social media are leading a revolution that is transforming opportunities in health care and research. Extraordinary advancements in mobile technology and connectivity have provided the foundation needed to dramatically change the way health care is practiced today and research is done tomorrow. While we are still in the early innings of using mobile technology in the delivery of health care, evidence supporting its potential to impact the delivery of better health care, lower costs and improve patient outcomes is apparent. Mobile technology for health care, or mHealth, can empower doctors to more effectively engage their patients and provide secure information on demand, anytime and anywhere. Patients demand safety, speed and security from their providers. What are the technologies that are allowing this transformation to take place?
    Last edited by Corbu; 04-28-15 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Sorry guys, just noticed Bla1ze just posted it on the main CB page. Thanks B!
    04-28-15 01:39 PM
    that's really "poetic" like it!!!
    Just another friendly reminder.... this thread is

I support BBRY and I buy shares !

'I support AAPL and I buy shares !' is down the hall and to the left, up the short stairway, through the roundabout, up another short stairway, take two lefts and your third right, before where the water bubbler used to be. It's somewhere just past the guy juggling staplers next to the mail cart.

Thanks.
    04-28-15 01:51 PM
    Is that from a show, or is he a BB user?
    Hopefully the latter.

Posted via CB10
    Hi awindsr,

I came across it on BBM Channels. It looks like it may have originated from Porsche Design's official instagram account:

https://instagram.com/p/1hvLNAQPu6/
    bungaboy and awindsr like this.
    04-28-15 02:05 PM
    04-28-15 02:13 PM
    Any chance you could provide, for those of us who aren't as knowledgeable, a quick explanation of options and how they work ? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Here is a link that explains basic options trading.

Option (finance) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    04-28-15 02:26 PM
    OT - Anyone here holding TWTR? Seems the earnings got leaked a tad early. Stock is now halted. Down 5.8%
    04-28-15 02:35 PM
    And, don't forget this little hottie too!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-frances_horodelski_200x356.jpg
    04-28-15 02:36 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frances_horodelski_200x356.jpg 
Views:	2176 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	350017
    Sorry, Bunga dude, I am with M8 regarding Amber and the new addition. LOL
    04-28-15 02:46 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frances_horodelski_200x356.jpg 
Views:	2176 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	350017
    All I can say is she must be smart! LOL Thanks (I know, that's mean)
    04-28-15 02:50 PM
    OT - Anyone here holding TWTR? Seems the earnings got leaked a tad early. Stock is now halted. Down 5.8%
    Man, that's a drop. Thanks for the heads up! I'm so glad I don't buy stuff like that, where does the valuation come from to begin with.
    04-28-15 02:53 PM
    Only down 17%. now
    04-28-15 02:54 PM
113,250 ... 33453346334733483349 ...